National Treasure-SEQUEL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trek
Disney to Dig Up 'National Treasure' Sequel
Fri, Jun 17, 2005, 10:06 AM PT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - What's next: messages stitched into the seams of Betsy Ross' American flag?
Walt Disney Pictures will reteam with producer Jerry Bruckheimer to make a sequel to the surprise adventure hit "National Treasure."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jon Turteltaub will return to the helm, with "Swiss Family Robinson" scribe Gregory Poirier writing the screenplay. The story line and whether or not cast from the original will return are currently unknown.

"National Treasure" starred Nicolas Cage as treasure hunter Benjamin Franklin Gates, who steals the Declaration of Independence to access the treasure map rumored to be sketched on its back. The film grossed more than $173 million in the U.S. and approximately $337.6 million worldwide.

"Treasure" also starred Diane Kruger, Sean Bean, Harvey Keitel, Jon Voight and Justin Bartha.

Cinemaddiction
They shouldn't bring back the original cast, should they go ahead with the sequel. Would make the original's storyline obsolete.

HECK
I think bringing back Nick Cage and his partner would work. They have plenty of $$$ to fund any kind of new wacky adventure. Should be good.

-HECK!

Pepito
Perhaps the writers will explain how gold found by the Crusaders ended up with the founding fathers.

bluesfan
I THINK THEY SHOULD JUST STICK TO THE ORGINAL. IT IS RARE THE SEQUAL IS AS GOOD OR BETTER THAT THE FIRST, WHY MESS WITH A HIT.

COTTON MAN
well, my face looks like bluesfan avatar, a sequel would be lame they should keep with the original 1. What would they do anyway have nick have a baby with his wife and than he finds treasure it would be gay

old man stan
I agree. Hey, whats this, theres been another post in the Matthew Reilly thread in books. Oh, and its by me. Check it out cottonman.

COTTON MAN
lol

IceWithin
Id love for there to be a sequel big grin
Maybe the 'team' could go in another treasure hunt and get in trouble and all, I know how people usually hate sequels -and yeah there are many that suck, but there r many good ones.

hbanana
Did anyone else feel like this movie was a "DaVinci Code" rip-off?

dark1365
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
They shouldn't bring back the original cast, should they go ahead with the sequel. Would make the original's storyline obsolete.
Yup, unless it's a cameo.

I'd def like to see a sequel if the storyline is as good as the original...maybe they could explain how all the treasures got in the hands of the free maisons..like a prequel or something..

pinkfloydkor
I read the storyline at Dark Horizons

it looks pretty good

just thought id start a thread goin

Nicholas Cage is busy, he'll be filthy rich by 08

I hope there already isnt a thread for this...

Strangelove
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
I hope there already isnt a thread for this... It's a good idea you use the search function if you're worried about that wink

pinkfloydkor
i did, but ive used it in the past and made a thread, and then got ambushed by people for making duplicate threads

Strangelove
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
i did, but ive used it in the past and made a thread, and then got ambushed by people for making duplicate threads the search function isn't always reliable, but if you use and don't see a thread already made, you're probably in the clear

pinkfloydkor
cool, thanks

Strangelove
The movie is tentatively titled National Treasure 2: The Book of Secrets and will be released December 21st next year

National Treasure 2 (Wikipedia)

Darth Vicious
I for one im looking forward to it. I love the first one and watch it every time is on.

Barker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I for one im looking forward to diane kruger agian lol

Fire
No need for a sequel, the movie was finished.

pinkfloydkor
the movie was finished, but it doesnt mean they have to just end it there, the material and synopsis for the movie looks very good

Fire
I'm not saying it will be a bad movie, but as sad before in this thread -and all over these forums- sequels are rarely as good as the original. I liked the first one, but I fear the sequel will never live up to the expectations. It's a setting you can reuse again and again if you would like -always a new tresure to find- but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so.

SpaceMonkey
First off, Fire, nice Eomer avatar. Second, the original was a fun movie. If they made a sequel, I'd see it as long as it had Nicholas Cage in it. It could be like a new Indiana Jones series.

Fire
Indeed, but I liked Indiana Jones more than I liked Nicholas Cage is character.

Darth Vicious
I liked the chemistry between the 3 main characters. Riley was pretty funny and the sequel means he gets to decide what to do with the treasure reward.

masterkit
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I liked the chemistry between the 3 main characters. Riley was pretty funny and the sequel means he gets to decide what to do with the treasure reward.

Finding another National Treasure. How many National Treasure are out there. And To Find 2 of them in one life time. I mean seirously people

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.