What exactly would have saved Padme anyway?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
All the time Anikan was intrigued by the power to save Padme.... but what exactly would that power have entailed? I know it had something to do with midi-clorians, but was the idea of manipulating midi-clorians supposed to have been though exercising mind over matter? Or would it have been something like the force lightning, where he could just zap energy into a dying person? Or something more concrete (a potion, a medicine, etc?) Exactly how is this "life-saving" power supposed to work?

Also, when Palpatine was telling him about this at the opera, Palpatine explained that Darth Plagueis was killed in his sleep anyway... and then RIGHT after Palpatine said this, Anikan asked how to get this power.... like, hello, didn't he just hear what Palpatine said? Did he not think that the same could easily happen to him?

If he was so concerned about having the power to save someone from dying, why did he so easily kill the younglings, the separatists etc?

But I still loved the opera scene despite this! It rocked!

Mist
anakin was confused about his sexuality at that point.

DeVi| D0do
Who knows? Who cares?

Wickerman
wow...constructive discussion shifty

Anyway, this may not help (but at least i'm gonna try). An explanation i can think of concerns the game Jedi Academy. Tavion uses a scepter to steal force power from planets or places where the force was particularly powerful. She store the force energy in the scepter, and then tries to use it to revive Marka Ragnos.
Luke says that it might be possible if a sufficient amount of force power was used on a dead body, it might make the cells regenerate, eventually bringing the person back to life.

I dunno, just thought that might help.

~wickerman~

DeVi| D0do
Haha. EU makes me laugh. laughing

Plagueis could use the Dark Side of the Force to keep people from dying, that's all I need to know wink

Wickerman
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

Plagueis could use the Dark Side of the Force to keep people from dying, that's all I need to know wink

EU may be a bit silly on occassion, but it clears up some issues. Not to mention it makes the SWU so much bigger and more versatile. What about Durge, Asajj, etc. etc. not everything in EU is crap. Maybe the games ...well...yeah, but that was the only explanation i could come up with.

~wickerman~

Mist
lol, love the sig wickerman laughing out loud

what if padme doesnt have enough midichlorians to influence? then that power to save people would only work on higher midichlorian counted people......and stuff.....yeah............heres a banana --> dance

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Mist

what if padme doesnt have enough midichlorians to influence? then that power to save people would only work on higher midichlorian counted people......and stuff.....yeah............heres a banana --> dance

Ken's gonna hunt you down and kill you... just so you know! stick out tongue eek!

ccoo
Maybe Palpatine was just lying to turn Anakin to the dark side. He knew he could manipulate him, and telling him some B-S that he can keep people from dying, that is exactly what Anakin wanted to hear. Remember, Palpatine is the ultimate manipulater, how do you think he got to be Chancellor and also the most popular person the galaxy (that was from the book).

Wickerman

LOL, thanks...yeah, i'm gonna add a few words to it when i get out of my lazy-stroke.

As for her not having enough Midi-chlorians, i don't know THAT much about them, but i'm supposing they're an integral part of the cell. And when a person dies, so do the cells. However, Luke didn't mention (in Jedi Academy) the large force power used affecting the midichlorians, but rather simply making the cells regenerate. How this could be accomplished, i dunno. Your guess is as good as mine.

~wickerman~

Mist
yeah but palpatine said plagueis could influence midichlorians, not regenerate cells......DAMN LUCAS AND HIS BLOODY MIND GAMES! mad

Mist
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Ken's gonna hunt you down and kill you... just so you know! stick out tongue eek!

shifty i know you are, but what am i? stick out tongue

DarkYoda
shifty i know you are, but what am i? stick out tongue

evil_monkey
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4152302#post4152302

bfbankill

stick out tongue

Wickerman
yeah but palpatine said plagueis could influence midichlorians, not regenerate cells......DAMN LUCAS AND HIS BLOODY MIND GAMES! mad

well one way of looking at it would be:

1. Luke is right in JA. Sidious knew Plagues could revive people by using the force, but didn't know how it works so assumed it had to do with the midichlorians.

2. Luke is wrong in JA. Sidious knew the correct version but Luke is just assuming.

~wickerman~

Mist
evil_monkey
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4152302#post4152302

bfbankill

stick out tongue

laughing out loud i hadnt seen thatstick out tongue

shifty

dance

Wickerman
laughing out loud i hadnt seen thatstick out tongue

shifty

dance

Is that banana doing the Macarena dance? OMFG i think i'm gonna collapse laughing laughing laughing laughing

~wickerman~

Paul-Muad'Dib
Well my opinion is that Palpatine could have been lying to Anakin, or at least he did not have any clue how this could be done. Well i have one question concerning Anakin's dreams. Could have Palpatine something to do with those dreams? Because Padme would not die if Anakin wouldn't have turned to the dark side, assuming that she died of broken heart. So i guess its some kind of a circle: Anakin had this vision that Padme dies, so he begins making decisions which ultimately lead to Padme's death. Well please correct me if i am totally wrong smile

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Wickerman
Is that banana doing the Macarena dance? OMFG i think i'm gonna collapse laughing laughing laughing laughing

~wickerman~

You should see the custom smilies. All kinds of funky bananas... like this one:

banana01

Wickerman
Originally posted by Paul-Muad'Dib
Well my opinion is that Palpatine could have been lying to Anakin, or at least he did not have any clue how this could be done. Well i have one question concerning Anakin's dreams. Could have Palpatine something to do with those dreams? Because Padme would not die if Anakin wouldn't have turned to the dark side, assuming that she died of broken heart. So i guess its some kind of a circle: Anakin had this vision that Padme dies, so he begins making decisions which ultimately lead to Padme's death. Well please correct me if i am totally wrong smile

No, you're correct in the assumption that it's a vicious circle (kinda matrix-esque "What you're asking yourself is would you have broken the vase if i hadn't said anything"wink. However, i don't think Sidious was influencing his visions. After all, Anakin had been having those visions (not specifically of Padme dying, but other things) for a long long time.

~wickerman~

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Wickerman
No, you're correct in the assumption that it's a vicious circle (kinda matrix-esque "What you're asking yourself is would you have broken the vase if i hadn't said anything"wink. However, i don't think Sidious was influencing his visions. After all, Anakin had been having those visions (not specifically of Padme dying, but other things) for a long long time.

~wickerman~

Was it ever implied anywhere else that he had visions of other people besides his mother and Padme? It wouldn't surprise me if Palpatine had a hand in both of those. That evil SOB was truly manipulative... I give him that. evil face

Wickerman
Was it ever implied anywhere else that he had visions of other people besides his mother and Padme? It wouldn't surprise me if Palpatine had a hand in both of those. That evil SOB was truly manipulative... I give him that. evil face

Doesn't he say in TPM he has "dreams" of the future to Qui Gon? I seem to remember he does. I also recall in clone wars (yes, EU) he had visions of Qui Gon.

~wickerman~

peejay88

Did Plagueis know how to keep people from dyin or was this a bluff to intrigue Anakin? I wasn't sure about this point.

Off topic: Check out these cartoons i found when i was googling!
h**p://jerome.galica.free.fr/cinetv/starwars/starwars.htm

jerlark386
Hey wickerman! You a baldur's gate fan? Cool sig.

Wickerman
Originally posted by jerlark386
Hey wickerman! You a baldur's gate fan? Cool sig.

I am Edwin Odesseiron. You simians may refer to me merely as "Sir," if you prefer a less... syllable intensive workout.

wink

~wickerman~

Joseph_Kerr
Well, Padme would not have died in the first place, she only dies because she realizes her involvement with what is coming ie she was the tool for Palpatine to become emperor which would not have happened if Anakin had done the right thing. Since Anakin didn't do the right thing, the republic was destroyed along with the Jedi.

Red Superfly
Padme was a f*cking moron.

"Giving up the will to live?"

Why? Do all single mothers lose the will to live because their hubby left them? Hell no. She was so totally selfish. She gave up on poor Luke.

And since when do Star Wars characters, especially non-force characters, have the ability to "lose the will to live" and affect their biology? What sort of explanation was that? That is poosibly the worst line Lucas could have used because it goes against his own rules and boundaries he has previously set up in the last five movies, and it makes Padme out to be a selfish b!tch.

A simple "She's gonna die" would have been enough.

Even better, saying "she's fighting for her life, but she won't make it" would make her situation and Lukes to be more tragic. At least she would have tried to fight for Luke's sake.

Joseph_Kerr
She lost the will to live for more reasons than you list. She allowed Palpatine to manipulate her to become Supreme Chancellor. She was responsible for the death of her people and the gungans because of Palpatine. Qui-Gonn would not have been killed if she had not gone back to Naboo. Her absense in the senate allowed Jar-Jar to give Palpatine supreme powers establishing his dictatorship. She was the one who gave into Anakin's love, if she didn't, they would never had gotten married nor would she had become pregnant. Because of this, her husband went down the path of the dark side.

The bottom line is, that everything that was destroyed, she directly had her hand in it. That is a lot for one person to handle. She gave up the will because she, unknowingly, help bring down the republic and the jedi.

It does make sense in that context.

Red Superfly
I still say she would have looked much better if she didn't give up, right when her newborn children need her the most.

DeVi| D0do
I agree. The lost the will to live thing doesn't work. It made me cringe.

The Biker Scout
anakin was confused about his sexuality at that point.

That is the dumbest thing I ever read. blink

DeVi| D0do
Really? You mustn't do much reading on these boards then wink

Bicnarok

Wickerman
Originally posted by Bicnarok
metachlorians .... Anniken

laughing laughing laughing I'm sorry....i couldn't help myself .....

~wickerman~ embarrasment

Darth Plagueis
Metachlorians are like super-powered midichlorians, found only in Anniken, the clone of Anakin created from his severed arm, stolen on Geonosis. He was the one who test fired the superlaser on Naboo (wiping out the Gungans and the Noobians as payback for Padme's losing the will to live) just before it was installed on the Death Star, where he was killed by Darth Vader.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Metachlorians are like super-powered midichlorians, found only in Anniken, the clone of Anakin created from his severed arm, stolen on Geonosis. He was the one who test fired the superlaser on Naboo (wiping out the Gungans and the Noobians as payback for Padme's losing the will to live) just before it was installed on the Death Star, where he was killed by Darth Vader.

laughing

n00bians....now THAT'S a good idea...... laughing eek!

~wickerman~

jerlark386
I think this problem would've been solved if Padme simply slapped Anakin.. right about here.

Anakin: "Don't you see, we don't have to run away anymore. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him, and together you and I can rule the galaxy. Make things the way we want them to be. "

*thwack!

Padme:"You little punk *****! You think you can rule the galaxy?"

*thwack

Padme: "and when you're going to tell me about this?"

*thwack

Padme: "Did Palpatine feed this bullshit in your head? Huh?! Is he your new lover now?"

*thwack

Padme: "Don't you lie to me. I saw you looking at that blue-skinned girl too."

Wickerman
Originally posted by jerlark386
I think this problem would've been solved if Padme simply slapped Anakin.. right about here.

Anakin: "Don't you see? We don't have to run away anymore, I have brought peace to the republic, I am more powerful than the chancelore, I can overthrow him, and together you rule the galaxy, make thangs the way we want them to be!"

*thwack!

Padme:"You little punk *****! You think you can rule the galaxy?"

*thwack

Padme: "and when you're going to tell me about this?"

*thwack

Padme: "Did Palpatine feed this bullshit in your head? Huh?! Is he your new lover now?"

*thwack

Padme: "Don't you lie to me. I saw you looking at that blue-skinned girl too."

We shall call that "Padme giving in to the Nag Side".....the Nag side....where waaaaaaaaay too many women are lured by dark promises made by their mothers.....

~wickerman~

Darth Plagueis
"You don't know the power of the Nagside..I cannot resist my Mother...er, Master..."

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
"You don't know the power of the Nagside..I cannot resist my Mother...er, Master..."

I smell a parody slowly forming....

laughing

~wickerman~

jerlark386
This is a common technique. You see he would've been too dazed to force choke her, and at the same time hes wondering WTF? While he's pondering, its the perfect time for her to drop the bomb.

Padme: "You're not the only jedi to stray from the order, you know."

Anakin: ???

Padme: "While you were gone I was lonely and ... well I just could'nt help myself."

Yoda appears from the ship.

Anakin: !!!

Wickerman
"strong the nagside is......but in the end.....lead to self-destruction it will....."

~wickerman~

AnakinLover2009
I am pretty sure this is the only way that Padme's life could have been saved- Anakin can see the future..he had a nightmare about Padme dieing. I belive that if Anakin didn't turn to the darkside Padme would still be alive..because when he saw the future he was seeing what happened after he turned to the dark side. but didn't relize that's what he was seeing. So tenichally Anakin killed Padme. If that makes any since to you.. And its a shame because I am a major fan of both Anakin and Padme! Well i hope i helped!

AnakinLover2009
Oh and I forget to add something...remember when Padme was in the hospital and the doctor said that she had lost the will to live? Well she lost the will to live because Anakin turned to the dark side and she felt like she had nothing more to live for..so that's why I belive that technically Anakin killed her. If he never turned to the dark side she would have lived.

AnakinLover2009
Originally posted by Paul-Muad'Dib

I was thinking the exact same thing. Actually, I jut posted something simalier to that before I read your post. And I am pretty sure thats right. At least thats what I think..

Darth Jello
he would have saved her if he would have sat on his ass and did nothing in the council chambers (or if he was really worried, he could have rubbed out an easy one all over Yoda's chair). or he could have run away with padme after mustafar, or he could have let mace cleave palpy in two and not gone over to the dark side.

chinabing
She died of a broken heart. In lots of old married couples,
when one dies, the other one dies soon after. People die of
broken hearts every day.

Maybe Padme could have saved herself by challenging
Palpatine in the Senate when he pronounced himself Emperor.
Really tear into him. She still had a lot of political capitol,
people would have listened to her. She shouldn't have gone
to Mustafar, she should have waited for Anakin to return,
and then kicked him out of the house and divorced him.

In the novelization, Plageious was Palpatine's master, and
Palpatine killed him off after learning of how to stop people
from dying... interesting how that part got left out of the
movie.

WindDancer
A Divorce

General Bondius
She couldnt be saved, it was a vicious circle, Anakin tried by any means to save her and by doing that he killed her (remember she died of deception by knowing anakin turned to the dark side) But maybe what he wanted to achieve was a way to control midiclorians or something like that.

kr3w_killah
Originally posted by kalsemo
If he was so concerned about having the power to save someone from dying, why did he so easily kill the younglings, the separatists etc?

I think it's because he didn't care for them. He cared for Padme and the life of their child. Oh, and Chancellor Palpatine messed with his head. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

b-dan
Who knows? Who cares? ya ur rite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.