Wouldn't the Jedi have known quickly that Mace was dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
After they kill Mace, Palpatine talks to Anikan about "if the Jedi find out". But lof course they would find out right away, like him missing at the next scheduled council or something... or was there not enough time after that point for a council meeting to have been held... ok come to think of it, how much time had elapsed from when they killed Mace to when order 66 was executed .. was it like hours or days? I don't remember.

DeVi| D0do
More like minutes...

Date Registered: Today
Total Posts: 4
Threads Started: 3

Are you going to create a new thread for every new thought you have?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ken Kenobi
Well kal...

Watch the movie again, right after Mace is thrown out the window they show Yoda on Kashyyyk and he is holding his heart and stumbling. He felt Mace's death through the Force.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Well kal...

Watch the movie again, right after Mace is thrown out the window they show Yoda on Kashyyyk and he is holding his heart and stumbling. He felt Mace's death through the Force.

And a few minutes later Order 66 was put into motion

~wickerman~

DarkYoda
And most of the jedi were extremely unskilled in the force. Look at the 3 jedi that came with Mace to confront Sids. Total idiots! One of them is looking away from Sidious when he gets impaled!!

So only a few would have been able to sense what had happened... like Yoda... who was also the only one to sense the clones turning before he got betrayed! wink

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkYoda
And most of the jedi were extremely unskilled in the force. Look at the 3 jedi that came with Mace to confront Sids. Total idiots! One of them is looking away from Sidious when he gets impaled!!

So only a few would have been able to sense what had happened... like Yoda... who was also the only one to sense the clones turning before he got betrayed! wink

WOW now that;s one of the most ignorant things i've read in a long time, and that's cause i haven't been checking out the comic book forum lately. You're saying Fisto and Tiin are weak in the force? WOW....you do need they were on the Jedi Council right? I mean....wow....dude, you need to get your facts straight.

~wickerman~

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Wickerman
WOW now that;s one of the most ignorant things i've read in a long time, and that's cause i haven't been checking out the comic book forum lately. You're saying Fisto and Tiin are weak in the force? WOW....you do need they were on the Jedi Council right? I mean....wow....dude, you need to get your facts straight.

~wickerman~

EU aside, the performances in the movie made them look horribly unskilled. It's as if Lucas is trying to beat us over the head with the fact that the other CENTRAL characters of the movie are VERY skilled.

DeVi| D0do

Did you not watch Episode III? Those dudes were cut down in seconds! Compared to Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace and Yoda everyone else is useless... And I don't give a sh*t what EU says...

DarkYoda
http://img43.echo.cx/img43/2405/image15qi.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/7448/image25xy.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/5954/image35iq.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/4716/image49rx.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/8089/image56un.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/2358/image60bm.jpg

EVERY single one of them had their saber so far away from Sids that it is no wonder they got killed!!

Oh... and just because you don't see ALL of the jedi reacting to the death of one of their own does not mean that they don't sense it.

Wickerman
i'm not saying they didn't die quickly, but saying they died quickly in a lightsaber fight means they were weak in the force is plain ignorant.

~wickerman~

DarkYoda
Like I said though, EU aside (which is made up by other people) we don't see much of the other jedi to really know how skilled they are or aren't. But based on that battle with Sidious, they came across VERY unskilled.

Can you honestly say you were impressed? eek!

And what's that dude in your sig?

DeVi| D0do
The simple fact the ALL the Jedi except Obi-Wan and Yoda are destoyed demonstrates that everyone else is far inferior...

DarkYoda
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
The simple fact the ALL the Jedi except Obi-Wan and Yoda are destoyed demonstrates that everyone else is far inferior...

I do think Ki-Adi-Mundi was fairly okay (he seemed to sense it before it happened at least) and he didn't go down INSTANTLY. Plo Koon didn't have a chance to fight (cheap shot... damn you Lucas! stick out tongue). Windu did okay (but Sidious could have beat him easily at any time... I am convinced of that... he was just toying with Mace for amusement until Anakin arrived evil face )

Wickerman
Like I said though, EU aside (which is made up by other people) we don't see much of the other jedi to really know how skilled they are or aren't. But based on that battle with Sidious, they came across VERY unskilled.

Can you honestly say you were impressed? eek!

And what's that dude in your sig?

LoL.....lightsaber skills aren't the same as force power. Saesee Tiin for example uses the force when he's piloting (he's supposed to be the best pilot in the republic, even better than Anakin), just like Vader does...no astromech droid.

As for the dude in my sig, it's a gif of a vampire from BG2 (Baldur's Gate2)

~wickerman~

DeVi| D0do
EU = BS as far as I'm concerned. smile

Wickerman
EU = BS as far as I'm concerned. smile

well it's your right to think that. but by that, what makes Ki Adi Mundi so cool? In the movies he isn't portrayed as doing a lot...just an old dude with a large forehead.

~wickerman~

DeVi| D0do
It was DY who said Ki Adi Mundi was cool stick out tongue

Though I do think that out of the rest of the Jedi he's one of the better ones. Actually, he's the only one who is portrayed as participating. In all three films he has things to say and opinions to give. The rest of them just sit there in the background looking worried...

DarkYoda

Though I do think that out of the rest of the Jedi he's one of the better ones. Actually, he's the only one who is portrayed as participating. In all three films he has things to say and opinions to give. The rest of them just sit there in the background looking worried...

I never said he was cool... only "fairly okay"... big difference! stick out tongue

Wickerman

damnit...i should pay more attention while reading shifty
i just think that Eu adds to the movies, sometimes in a good way, other times in a bad way. For example, a few days ago i read some fan fiction story about Vader on some site that was a pathetic attempt at "Vader's journal" or something. I read a few lines, felt like tossing out my lunch and left.

~wickerman~

DeVi| D0do
The way I see it, EU is not part of Lucas's original vision of Star Wars. Therefore I go by only what is in the films. That's not to say that there isn't some great EU... I just treat it as a separate entity, I don't attribute it at all to the films.

Bardock42
Yes I have to admit....Lucas portrayed every other Jedi as loser....very sad....

DarkYoda
The EU contradicts the films a lot! That's a big reason to dislike it. Some of it is good though. Other bits of it are not. I think it will be easier to like new stuff now that the movies are completed though.

Wickerman
The EU contradicts the films a lot! That's a big reason to dislike it. Some of it is good though. Other bits of it are not. I think it will be easier to like new stuff now that the movies are completed though.

what about the clone wars toon series? It's said to have been overseen by Lucas though technically it's EU. It makes a PERFECT liaison between AOTC and ROTS.

~wickerman~

Bardock42
what about the clone wars toon series? It's said to have been overseen by Lucas though technically it's EU. It makes a PERFECT liaison between AOTC and ROTS.

~wickerman~

Its Bullshit....such a bad series......

I go for Comics...I accept them as continuity...

Oh well Lucas screwed up the PT thats reason to dislike it.....the EU at least does never get as bad as episode I well except for this horrible cartoon.-

DarkYoda

~wickerman~

That I do like! thumb up (most of it anyway)

Wickerman
Originally posted by Bardock42
Its Bullshit....such a bad series......

I go for Comics...I accept them as continuity...

Oh well Lucas screwed up the PT thats reason to dislike it.....the EU at least does never get as bad as episode I well except for this horrible cartoon.-

wow...you must be the first i've ever heard of that didn't like them.

~wickerman~

Bardock42
wow...you must be the first i've ever heard of that didn't like them.

~wickerman~
Yes well I am a fan of Jedi jumping 10 miles usualy and blocking millions od nail gun needles...oh yes and I love how stupid and childish everything see,s...and I can't get enough of ANakin...cause he's so cool.

No seriously...you guys are kidding?.....its so bad

PVS
mace's posse went down like a bunch of b!tches.
i found that disturbing as well. but one thing does come to mind,
when obiwan says "wait a minute, this doesnt make sense...we're smarter than this!!!" perhaps sids has the power to cloud the jedi's ability as well as their vision....thats the only thing that makes sense to me, otherwise the jedi look like a bunch of punkasses in that scene. those were all council members...the best of the best...how else could they have been swatted so easily?

Wickerman
Yes well I am a fan of Jedi jumping 10 miles usualy and blocking millions od nail gun needles...oh yes and I love how stupid and childish everything see,s...and I can't get enough of ANakin...cause he's so cool.

No seriously...you guys are kidding?.....its so bad

LOL....they outdid a few things in that series because of a few things like:

1. special FX would've just made it look crappy in the movies, but they looked good in the toons. Also, it would've been inconsistent if used in the movies.

2. commercial purposes...and it worked

3. to promote some of the small characters, such as durge and Asajj Ventress (they did a crappy job at portraying both).

However, there were good parts in the movies, such as the chapter with Windu fighting that droid army barehanded (love how he uses the force to instantly pull all the nails out of a droid and send them flying into the others next to him).
Also, the BEST episode in that series IMO was Anakin's trip to discover himself where he has that vision with the mural paintings coming alive...that was freekin brilliant. Sent shivers down my spine. If you don't know about it, lemme know and i'll narrate it to you via PM. I'm sure you'd love it.

~wickerman~

Bardock42
LOL....they outdid a few things in that series because of a few things like:

1. special FX would've just made it look crappy in the movies, but they looked good in the toons. Also, it would've been inconsistent if used in the movies.

2. commercial purposes...and it worked

3. to promote some of the small characters, such as durge and Asajj Ventress (they did a crappy job at portraying both).

However, there were good parts in the movies, such as the chapter with Windu fighting that droid army barehanded (love how he uses the force to instantly pull all the nails out of a droid and send them flying into the others next to him).
Also, the BEST episode in that series IMO was Anakin's trip to discover himself where he has that vision with the mural paintings coming alive...that was freekin brilliant. Sent shivers down my spine. If you don't know about it, lemme know and i'll narrate it to you via PM. I'm sure you'd love it.

~wickerman~

Hmm I have just seen clone wars one....and yes the fight Mace showed was highhly amusing..it just is not in any way realistic enough....I like the Clone Wars Comics much better a lot of cool characters are portrayed very well...Durge and Ventress as well, they were great in the comics...although I don't like Durge to much in general he was done very well. Plus the fight of all Jedi with the Dark Side and the fate of Quinlan Vos....just great.....I don't thin k I will ever like the Cartoon since I didn't like the graphics at a ll either.....way to kmodern...wouldn htey have done it in the old Batman Cartoon waqy..now that would have been interesting.

Wickerman
Hmm I have just seen clone wars one....and yes the fight Mace showed was highhly amusing..it just is not in any way realistic enough....I like the Clone Wars Comics much better a lot of cool characters are portrayed very well...Durge and Ventress as well, they were great in the comics...although I don't like Durge to much in general he was done very well. Plus the fight of all Jedi with the Dark Side and the fate of Quinlan Vos....just great.....I don't thin k I will ever like the Cartoon since I didn't like the graphics at a ll either.....way to kmodern...wouldn htey have done it in the old Batman Cartoon waqy..now that would have been interesting.

i agree that it could've been done better, but it did well none the less. IMO at least. I'm also sure the comics are better, but the toons were there as well. Anyway, i'm assuming you don't want the gist of that episode i mentioned.

~wickerman~

Bardock42
i agree that it could've been done better, but it did well none the less. IMO at least. I'm also sure the comics are better, but the toons were there as well. Anyway, i'm assuming you don't want the gist of that episode i mentioned.

~wickerman~

Well if you wouldn'T mind... I would read it....

DeVi| D0do
I didn't watch any of the Clone Wars series. As soon as I saw the art work of some chick with a red saber I knew it would be stupid.

Bardock42
I didn't watch any of the Clone Wars series. As soon as I saw the art work of some chick with a red saber I knew it would be stupid.

Adi Gallia.....yes she is pretty stupid in the toon (pretty stupid in general but at least sdhe dies cool in the comics)

or more obcious Asajj Ventress....which was also not very cool in the toon but relatively cool in the Comics

LordSorgo

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BULLSHIT?

Sassee could have cut Palpatines back so fast! LOOK AT HIM! PALPATINE ALSO HAD LIKE A TWO SECONDS DELAY of keeping his saber in Agen, and all Sassee had to do was do a quick slash to Palpatines back!

SASSEE IS USELESS AND DESERVES TOTAL PWNAGE!

I guess another reason for him killing those Masters is to show his ULIMITED POWER and they couldn't kill him anyways, because he is in V and VI....

According to GL and NG, Kit Fisto comes third to Yoda and Mace when it comes to saber skills.... How is it that he lets his guards down and basically "lets" Palps slash him?

TOO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS!

BAH!

PVS
"So only a few would have been able to sense what had happened... like Yoda... who was also the only one to sense the clones turning before he got betrayed! "

wrong

yoda sensed that the clones killed his jedi friends. thats why he knew what was coming. at that point he knew the clones were his enemies...a luxury of warning that the other jedi did not have.

matreid

Yes, I agree. Even the jedi on the other planets dieing were killed to easily. Ayla Secura couldnt even sense them raising their blasters.

Wickerman
Originally posted by matreid
Yes, I agree. Even the jedi on the other planets dieing were killed to easily. Ayla Secura couldnt even sense them raising their blasters.

how many soldiers were behind Yoda? 2. Compare that to :

The number of soldiers BEHIND Ki Adi Mundi + the droids in front

The number of soldiers behind Aayla Secura

The fact that Plo Koon was in a fighter and was shot at from behind, etc. etc. etc.

Sure, Yoda's obviously stronger in the force, but he had only 2 soldiers attacking him + chewie and the other dude that helped him out.

~wickerman~

DenKi
Yoda couldnt sense that the clones turned, he sensed when they pointed there guns at him then he knew.

PVS
yoda had warning, the other jedi didnt. while they were fighting, yoda was meditating, and sensing the events which were unfolding. why is that so difficult to grasp? should lucas spell it out in text on the screen for you all?

DarkYoda
Originally posted by PVS
"So only a few would have been able to sense what had happened... like Yoda... who was also the only one to sense the clones turning before he got betrayed! "

wrong

yoda sensed that the clones killed his jedi friends. thats why he knew what was coming. at that point he knew the clones were his enemies...a luxury of warning that the other jedi did not have.

That is the same exact thing! He sensed his jedi friends die... knew something wasn't right... then right when the troopers were about to shoot at him, he beheaded them. He waited and sensed their betrayal right before it happened. The other jedi, like Aayla didn't see it coming at all until it was too late. PVS, you're playing a game of semantics. You know what I meant. stick out tongue If he knew the clones were his enemies, he should have done something sooner, don't you think? wink

PVS
ok, i quoted the wrong post.
its just that people seem to think the other jedi were killed because of stupidity or lack of vision. thats the point i was shooting down.

DarkYoda
I think Lucas portrayed some of them as being very unskilled and pathetic. Like another member posted on the last page, Saesee Tiin had plenty of time to slice Palpatine in the back... but just stood there doing nothing. Why?

Wickerman
I think Lucas portrayed some of them as being very unskilled and pathetic. Like another member posted on the last page, Saesee Tiin had plenty of time to slice Palpatine in the back... but just stood there doing nothing. Why?

i don't know what the answer to this is. 1st of all, Lucas couldn't have had one of the secondary characters hurt Sidious...but...i don't think that's all.
What i am aware of is that in a lightsaber duel it SUCKS to have allies unless you have excellent control of the style, or you're on opposite sides. If they all flung their lightsabers around at the same time, they might've actually hurt each other.

~wickerman~

DarkYoda
You would think as much time as they had together in war, they would be used to fighting together, back to back, side by side. I think the choreography on that fight was just weird because it had Ian McDiarmid and no one wanted to hurt him... and he really wasn't all that great with the saber. embarrasment But he rules at force lighning and cackling!! rock

Wickerman
You would think as much time as they had together in war, they would be used to fighting together, back to back, side by side. I think the choreography on that fight was just weird because it had Ian McDiarmid and no one wanted to hurt him... and he really wasn't all that great with the saber. embarrasment But he rules at force lighning and cackling!! rock

laughing laughing

Lord Sidious, you had me from the first cackle love

~wickerman~

PVS
why were they just standing there? poor choreography for that scene...nothing more.

why in so many kung fu movies, when several people fight one, they attack one at a time while everyone else dances around them being useless, allowing themselves to be whooped one by one? thats cinema

Wickerman
Originally posted by PVS
why were they just standing there? poor choreography for that scene...nothing more.

why in so many kung fu movies, when several people fight one, they attack one at a time while everyone else dances around them being useless, allowing themselves to be whooped one by one? thats cinema

I agree about low budget "American ninja bloody sport revenge 16" type movies where the guys attack one by one and practically just stand there waiting to be beaten. However, in this case, we're talking about a lightsaber, where even a simple TOUCH can be fatal. you get what i'm saying? If it were a fist fight, it wouldn't matter and they'd all attack at once. But i think there's also the fact that when you're 4 people side by side fighting one in front with lightsabers, attacking at the same time becomes very risky.

~wickerman~

PVS
there are plenty of times when the jedi/sith make stupid moves and should have been cut down. just put any duel in slow motion and you will see. thats just the way it is. cinema

Wickerman
Originally posted by PVS
there are plenty of times when the jedi/sith make stupid moves and should have been cut down. just put any duel in slow motion and you will see. thats just the way it is. cinema

your logic cuts me like a thousand poisoned daggers sad

~wickerman~

DiamondBullets
There was nothing Ki-Adi-Mundi or Aylaa Secura coulda done--they were simply overwhelmed. But Plo Koon shoulda just slammed the airbrakes and pop that clone fool. And the Jedi on the speeder bike shoulda bailed and kill them just like Luke did to the scout troopers in ROTJ.

LordSorgo
i don't know what the answer to this is. 1st of all, Lucas couldn't have had one of the secondary characters hurt Sidious...but...i don't think that's all.
What i am aware of is that in a lightsaber duel it SUCKS to have allies unless you have excellent control of the style, or you're on opposite sides. If they all flung their lightsabers around at the same time, they might've actually hurt each other.

~wickerman~

Who cares if they hurt each other! Hell, they would have done alot more than standing around with their dicks in their hands waiting to get put in the bucket!

Wickerman
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Who cares if they hurt each other! Hell, they would have done alot more than standing around with their dicks in their hands waiting to get put in the bucket!

you obviously have a GREAT grasp on jedi mentality shifty

~wickerman~

DenKi
The number of people behind somone makes no difference at all.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by kalsemo
After they kill Mace, Palpatine talks to Anikan about "if the Jedi find out". But lof course they would find out right away, like him missing at the next scheduled council or something... or was there not enough time after that point for a council meeting to have been held... ok come to think of it, how much time had elapsed from when they killed Mace to when order 66 was executed .. was it like hours or days? I don't remember.
Ya, dude, it was minutes, not days.... go watch the movie again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.