First USA AOTC Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texas
Gets a thumbs down?!? confused .
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,52250,00.html

Ushgarak
Hey! He didn't even mention Ewan!

Gundark
Screw them. mad

yerssot
literally?

Emperor Helmet
It's all about getting attention.

Dim
Oh who cares...SW always gets bad reviews roll eyes (sarcastic) Didn't stop us from liking it before.

yerssot
Yeah! Spock is the greatest of them all!
They are all ignorant to the greatness of Star Trek!

Emperor Helmet
star trek blows.

TeCk-IcE
I don`t listen to the crittics of star wars anyway. Why should I.
Star wars is Star wars!

queeq
So far people are pretty positive about it.

Some of the dialogue appears to suck, but I had expected that really.

Emperor Helmet
Oh you mean the 25 seconds of dialogue that you've heard so far.

queeq
Watch it, Helmet.....

No, I read reviews.....

Emperor Helmet
I'm glad you can tell how dialogue will come across on screen by reading it. You are really talented. laughing out loud

queeq
Do you even know what a review is?????? People saw it, wrote a review (i.e. how they liked the film - d'uh) and a consistent factor is that they feel some of the dialogue is awkward, especially in the love scenes.

Texas
Well from the trailers you can already tell that Hayden Christenson is gonna be wodden, so that wasn't a suprise. What did suprise me is that he felt Portman was wodden.

Oh well, I'll judge myself next week! cool

Bantha Fodder
You fan-boys crack me up!

Don't attack the messenger, this reviewer is only doing his job. Since none of you have even seen the movie yet, there is no way for you to judge this review's accuracy. It might mean that the movie is another mediocre installment of Star Wars, or perhaps the reviewer simply was in a bad mood. You DON'T KNOW! Until you see AOTC, it's absurd for you to comment on any reviews.

Furthermore, Star Wars movies have not always gotten bad reviews in the past. ANH and ESB both were reviewed as excellent movies by many reviewers, and the bad reviews were invariably from stuffy, "art-film" reviewers. TPM was the first Star Wars film to garner seriously bad reviews, and deservedly so.

I don't see what the surprise is, for AOTC was made by the same people who made TPM, with the only difference being that Lucas had some help writing the script from Jonathan Hales, undoubtedly a "yes man" who didn't stand up to Lucas and his rusty storytelling skills.

The sad truth is that you fan-boys are so insecure about the new Star Wars movies that you lash out at anyone who dares to say that they are bad movies. That is so immature--if you like it then why would you care what others think? Because you're unsure of your own taste, anything review that doesn't slather uncritical praise on AOTC ruffles your feathers.

Perhaps you should read AOTC reviews in search of common points about the movie. If a particular criticism is shared by several reviews, then it is probably an accurate assessment of the movie. You would do well to summarize and compare reviews, instead of whining everytime a review doesn't conclude that AOTC "roolz".

CyberFelon
The reason we get upset is that the new movies are an acquired taste, almost. Some of us like them, some of us don't. But the sad truth is that bad reviews get more reads - that's all it boils down to in my opinion. We're just saddened by the extreme amounts of anti-Star Wars propaganda pumped out by the newspapers and television stations. If we could get more positive reviews, we'd be happy. But I personally found NOTHING wrong with Episode 1 and to have it completely insulted by reviewers is a shame in my opinion. Even if you don't like it, there are good points and they still can't seem to pick those up either.

When worst comes to worst, I don't really care what they say. I'm disappointed that a lot of reviewers seem to go to see it saying "This movie is gonna be absolute crap, I'm not even going to TRY to like it". If they had a more mature attitude to their reviews, I might value their opinions more. I should be able to tell that they did more than say negative things about everything they can think of. Good action sequences? Good they may be, but the reviewers sure won't say so. Crap storyline? Maybe they should wait until 2005 when it all makes sense. The political aspects play a major role in the next 2 movies, but they don't seem to know that. Why? Because they don't have the first clue about Star Wars, or what these movies are really trying to do.

LanceWindu
That guys an idiot.

This movie doesn't look like it has many wooden dialouges.

peluffo
I LOL for hours when i read the review!!!

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah, nice review.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

master harmax
I agree with what Bantha Fodder said about us being insecure ... if we like it, than that's that; we should not let negative opinions affect us to the extent that we lash out at all bad reviews. For myself, I've noticed that most of the times, the critics do a fine job of praising the mediocre and panning the good, whether its movies, or music or anything else. So I've long since stopped reading critics reviews, or if I do read them, I make sure I'm not mentally influenced by their opinions, because most of the times I find myself disagreeing with them; lot of my favourite movies, musicians, albums, etc.have been negatively reviewed by the critics.

And its the same with AOTC; we should judge for ourselves, and if its good and we like it, thats that. Nuts to the critics.

mah
most of the reviews has actually been positive, and ALL the opinions I've heard from SW-fans has been positive.

finti
The Swedish critics loved it , this writer though clearly never liked any of the SW movies.
You have the oppurtunity to respond to the writer at the end of the review. Why dont you all tell him to review things he understands

ToMacco
I could care less what that reviewer, or any other thinks.

It kind of seems that the film industry (makers and reviewers) try to TELL the public what is and isn't a good movie. Look a the Oscars. "Gladiator" won best picture, for christ sake. That movie was fair, at best.

With movies, it seems a lot of people don't think for themselves. I know that most of us do, because we all take movies pretty seriously.

I've never heard of this reviewer, so often a no namer like him will say things to try to get his voice heard. Like, have you ever looked in the newspaper ads for movies? Really bad movies have reviews written on them like "Excellent! Action Packed! Tour de Force performance". Then you look closely to see who wrote that, and it's someone you've never heard of.

jedi212guy
That reviewer is entitled to his own opinion, even though it sucks. wink

Texas
I predict that AOTC is gonna suck!

peluffo
it's FAKE

IS nonsense to think that FOX will bash one of his own movies

confused confused

mah
tex, you need to forget about that punk spiderman and think positive about AOTC! get yourself together!

Texas
No, I'll continue to think negative, that way the movie cant be as bad as I think it's gonna be! wink

Julie
a commendable strategy but you are deluding yourself.

Captain REX
Who are you calling fan-boy, fan-boy?

Dim
Must have been you..I don't fall in the fanboy catagory big grin

finti
or choirboy

peluffo
"The thing is a crap, the thing is a crap..."
Lights slowly go off...
Fox Fanfare...
Lucasfilm Logo... omigosh... my heart is bumping louder and louder
BAM!!!
John Williams score with the loved logo going out in a ocean full of stars.... OMIGOSH!!!! I feel a knot in my throath and a stone in my stomach!!!
I'TS STAR WARS!!!! OH-MY-GOSH!!!!!!
The.. first... line... says... EPISODE II... I can't breath...

I'm a Fan-boy... can't stand against it sad

mah
Empire Magazine are very positive..
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/features/events/starwars_episode2/review.shtm

yerssot
darn, you're a fanboy!

Julie
forgive the ignorance, but what are you talking about?

peluffo
confused confused About the movie, M'lady confused

What else matters this days??? smile smile

LanceWindu
stick out tongue

Dim
Nothing apparently..that's why we're always here.

queeq
Well, I read quite a few reviews now and most (not all) are positive. It's all we have to go on now, unless someone managed to download it already (wink ).
Most of them are generallyu positive. I was sorry to hear some scenes were cut, like where Padme appears alive in the Senate just after her death was announced, some scenes with Padme's family and stuff... Too bad, I liked those. But I am still very positive about AOTC and I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.