Robin begins?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
Batman has begun...what about Robin..should he get his restart..
my thought are this introduce Dick Grayson in the next flick..have him lose his folks maybe about half way though..have Bruce adopt him (though Alfred would do most of the raising) have Dick learn Bruce is Batman...or have Bruce tell him his Batman similar to how they did it in Robin Reckoning not cheesey like Batman Forever. Have Dick train and offically become Robin at the beginning of the 3rd movie...any thoughts?

OB1-adobe
that is a decent idea. We'll have to wait and see what they do

Mainstream
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
that is a decent idea. We'll have to wait and see what they do

I could see them doing something like this...and Dick should be a kid...you know 12 to 14 years old...year one Robin.

LousyBoy
I know, i know.. Robin is supposed to be young. But if hes ever gonna be in the movies again, he is NOT gonna be that young. Theyre gonna get a 20 something actor to play Robin. They did it for Smallville. And people asked why. Simple. Young actors, as young as Dick Grayson, are just not trusted or mature enough to take on such a role. As much as we all want it to happen, it aint gonna happen. Robins not gonna be much younger lookin than 20ish.

Mainstream
Originally posted by LousyBoy
I know, i know.. Robin is supposed to be young. But if hes ever gonna be in the movies again, he is NOT gonna be that young. Theyre gonna get a 20 something actor to play Robin. They did it for Smallville. And people asked why. Simple. Young actors, as young as Dick Grayson, are just not trusted or mature enough to take on such a role. As much as we all want it to happen, it aint gonna happen. Robins not gonna be much younger lookin than 20ish.

that sucks...what about a guy that's 18 or 19 s who could pass as a 15 year old.

LousyBoy
more likely. but who knows... this is hollywood afterall and casting wont begin for another 3 or so years.

Mainstream
3 years.....that seems like forever.

Joseph_Kerr
I am against introducing Robin. I am a big fan of Robin, but I want this franchise to stay Batman year one.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr
I am against introducing Robin. I am a big fan of Robin, but I want this franchise to stay Batman year one.

um okay...for now.

Mainstream
(auto quote)

never say never...never...Robin will begin...someday somehow..someway...I will see it..and if not me..my child..if not my child..thier children, etc....

tpaquin
I think that the injection of robin in the original comic frannchise veered it into crappy territories, in the movie franchise, it did the same thing. I'm not very confident that injecting him into the new, serious beginning is a good thing.

Mainstream
Originally posted by tpaquin
I think that the injection of robin in the original comic frannchise veered it into crappy territories, in the movie franchise, it did the same thing. I'm not very confident that injecting him into the new, serious beginning is a good thing.

I understand your concern..infact I share in your concerns but if done right..it could make a good franchise even greater...thank you for your support.

Impediment
A lot of people say that Robin is crucial to the Caped Crusader's campaign against crime (alliteration, anyone? stick out tongue ) The fans say that Robin brings light and hope to an otherwise bleak and drury world of Batman. In the Jeff Loeb/Tim Sale story Dark Victory, the text of the very last page reads as the Dark Knight makes an allegiance oath with Dick: "I made a promise to my parents that I would rid the city of the evil that took their lives. That remains unchanged. Only now.....I am no longer alone." I, myself, feel that Robin is not absolutley necessary to "brighten the mood" of the Batman movies. I feel that he should be left out. I mean, if they bring Robin into it, they'll bring in Batgirl, and maybe even cameo appearances by Superman or the JLA. Not that it wouldnt be cool to see them on the screen, but it might take away from the effect of the movie, you know? Batman is a lonely avenger and I'd like to see it stay that way. Dark and moody. The way great writers like Frank Miller and Alan Moore wrote about.

Mainstream
but Dick is his "son"...and where else should a son fight but with his "father"....

Impediment
Im not saying it'd be a mistake to introduce Robin, but I feel that Batman, after all he's been through with 4 crappy movies, needs to have 100% of the attention and focus on himself.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Impediment
Im not saying it'd be a mistake to introduce Robin, but I feel that Batman, after all he's been through with 4 crappy movies, needs to have 100% of the attention and focus on himself.

far enough...I'll work on my Robin begins movie screenplay then.

garrison
I like Robin he should have started when Bman Begins was in -Batman

garrison
Does anybody Know how to be a awsome superhero because I need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

munkiesarus
I don't want to see a Robin film.

DC should spend their money and contract, I think, with Warner Brothers wisely, and not waste it on Dick Grayson/Nightwing.

Then Robin II: Literally with Jason Todd with supreme lame "A Death in the Family" and please, spare me the "But it proved superheroes don't always go home happy!".

Psh, that's what Gwen Stacy was for...she was innocent.

Well, actually, stupid Spider-Man 512 or whatever showed us Gwen had Norman's babies...yeeeuch. So she wasn't too innocent.

BUT WE DIDN'T KNOW THAT!

OtterVomit
That little kid that Rachael and Batman kept saving in the narrows could eventually make a good Jason Todd/Tim Drake after he grows up some.

NoFate007
To the best of my recollection, that kid didn't even have black hair. And plus, it would make too much of a coincidence, and that actor is nobody, and was listed in the credits as just "little boy".

Darth Macabre
I think Grayson should be introduced at the end of the last movie of this franchise. I dont think there should be a movie with Robin in it. At the end if they introduced Dick with about an hour left would be perfect in my opinion.

Darth Jello
they should introduce grayson as nightwing in the third one without him being shown as robin. for the second, they should have jason todd as robin and have joker kill him

Mainstream
come the 3rd or 4th film you'll be begging for Dick Grayson Robin..you'll see..you'll see.

vaya_the_elf
I really don't care about robin that much. Nightwing on the other hand is a different story wink

Mainstream
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
I really don't care about robin that much. Nightwing on the other hand is a different story wink

soon you will care...you all will. ah hahahahhahahahaha (hahahahahha)

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by Mainstream
soon you will care...you all will. ah hahahahhahahahaha (hahahahahha)

stick out tongue

Mainstream
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
stick out tongue

soon Dick will come...so to speak.

Sileas

ha ha ha....

seriously, all you robin fans (and I mean you too, Sir Parker): check in here and try to explain why Robin is so necessary, and don't give me the "love and marriage, love and marriage, go together like a horse and carriage, can't have one without the other" song and dance. what are your impressions of robin that makes him so necessary and desirable for batman?

here's why I'm indifferent to robin. someone had in a post here the quote "Holy strawberries, Batman! Aren't we in a jam." That's kinda my impression of Robin. he traditionally wears YELLOW, for cryin' out loud, and this isn't the ideal color for sneaking around at night, unless you're target practice. and yellow's my favorite color, too. he's some chirpy cheerful kid in yellow who says silly things like "holy moley rocky, batman!" and does a lot to drag down the ultimate badass black-wearing partner. he really is more than just a foil to batman's darkness---he goes a long way to negating it, in my mind. I'm perfectly content to not have him appear in the movies at all.

Mainstream
they could upgrade him have him wear something more modern with lighter colors....I never understood why he wore bright color anyway..unless...he's so damn good he wants to give his enemies a chance to see him coming.....or something like that. but when batman starts fighting the likes of Bane, Clayface, Deathstroke (who'd be hella cool on the big screen) he's gonna need some help....Alfred tough but I doubt he's cut out for the superhero game...maybe 10 or 15 years ago..but Bruce would've been a untrained kid so I don't think that'd workout too good

"his name is Richard "Dick" Grayson...he was an acrobat at the circus..like me his life was forever changed by a senseless act of violence. like me he has rage...with proper training he can be molded into a defender of the good people of my city. he can become more than just a boy..he can become a boy wonder. he may be a child..but much like me when my parents died...play time is over."

Darth Jello
grayson should never be robin in the movie, have him be nightwing, have jason todd as robin and have joker kill him. and in the third film, bring in the best robin-Carie Kelly

Darth Macabre
I fancy Drake as robin. I dont know why but ive always just liked Tim the best as Robin.

Mr Parker
Batman has begun...what about Robin..should he get his restart..
my thought are this introduce Dick Grayson in the next flick..have him lose his folks maybe about half way though..have Bruce adopt him (though Alfred would do most of the raising) have Dick learn Bruce is Batman...or have Bruce tell him his Batman similar to how they did it in Robin Reckoning not cheesey like Batman Forever. Have Dick train and offically become Robin at the beginning of the 3rd movie...any thoughts?

I love your idea,what made you change your mind? you said you were against a robin being in a sequel?

Joseph_Kerr
Sorry, but I'm still against Robin. These movies should be strictly year one of the Batman myth.

xmarksthespot

laughing

Robin is unnecessary in any sequel in the immediate future. They might incorporate him in Batman 7 (going by all the movies) if Batman 6 does well and a 7 is greenlit. This would be long enough for the Wayne Manor = Neverland Ranch vibe to disappear ffrom public minds. A Robin solo film is unlikely, sidekick films usually don't do very well, e.g. Catwoman, Elektra.

Mr Parker
Robin needs to be in it no later than Batman 4.

Sileas
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Robin needs to be in it no later than Batman 4.

ahem! why why why why why why???? why is robin necessary? tell me tell me. one eye

Darth Jello
Carey Kelly!!! She was the best robin. Yeah, i know she became catgirl, but imagine someone really talented playing her.

Mainstream
I love your idea,what made you change your mind? you said you were against a robin being in a sequel?

I've had a change of heart...but I do think the next two movies should be Batman only.Originally posted by Darth Jello
Carey Kelly!!! She was the best robin. Yeah, i know she became catgirl, but imagine someone really talented playing her.

the only way I think carey Kelly works is in a Dark Knight Returns movie..you know late 50 year old Batman ...but that's another topic all together.

Mr Parker
I've had a change of heart...but I do think the next two movies should be Batman only.

Yeah I can agree to that.They need time to reintroduce Batmans other villians such as The Joker the proper way and they are obviously going to need time to show the new Bruce Wayne mansion and the batcave so thats why I can wait till the fourth film before they introduce Robin.

Mainstream
I've had a change of heart...but I do think the next two movies should be Batman only.

Yeah I can agree to that.They need time to reintroduce Batmans other villians such as The Joker the proper way and they are obviously going to need time to show the new Bruce Wayne mansion and the batcave so thats why I can wait till the fourth film before they introduce Robin.

okay I think we could see him in the 3rd, have his folks get wacked so that when the fourth film begins...the people in gotham can be like "who's that kid that's helping out batman?" hell if I know..but he must be a real boy wonder!"

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Sileas
ahem! why why why why why why???? why is robin necessary? tell me tell me. one eye

Because it would be treason to not introduce Robin by at least the fourth film.Thats like making a Starskey and Hutch tv movie without Hutch or a Dukes of Hazard movie with just Luke Duke but no Bo Duke.Robin is a very important and essential character to Batmans growth. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mainstream
Because it would be treason to not introduce Robin by at least the fourth film.Thats like making a Starskey and Hutch tv movie without Hutch or a Dukes of Hazard movie with just Luke Duke but no Bo Duke.Robin is a very important and essential character to Batmans growth. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yeah and beside Bruce may be a ladies man but all wth woman love Dick...so to speak.

Mr Parker
okay I think we could see him in the 3rd, have his folks get wacked so that when the fourth film begins...the people in gotham can be like "who's that kid that's helping out batman?" hell if I know..but he must be a real boy wonder!"

I dont think that would really make sense for them to do it like that.I thought the way they did Robins origin story in Batman Forever was done brilliantly except the one thing they did wrong was having an actor who looked as old as Val Kilmer was play the role.I think they should stick with the origin story they had in Batman Forever only an actor who can pass for the age of 16 which again Shumacher really screwed up on by overlooking the perfect actor back then for that role which would have been Scott Weinger.I only hope Nolan is still directing by then because with Nolan,we know he wont make a bad casting choice for such an important character.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by tpaquin

It wasnt the injection of Robin that veered the movie into crappy territorys it was the horrible Batman and Robin SCRIPT that made it venture into crappy territories.Just look at the BATMAN the animated show from the 90's.That toon had Robin in the cartoon rocked.It was much better than The Burton or Schumacher movies.That just proves when you got competent people that understand that Batman mythos,Robin works well on screen. wink

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment

Thats would be okay for the first 3 films but they really need to have Robin in it by the fourth.You are so 100% correct though when you say that the other 4 Batman movies were crappy movies. thumb up

Mainstream
I like the Robin Reckoning origin from the 90's cartoon myself

Mr Parker
Yeah that rocked. rock

Zod4Life
Robin having his own movie is the best thing to do so that if the movie fails he won't bring Batman down with him.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Zod4Life
Robin having his own movie is the best thing to do so that if the movie fails he won't bring Batman down with him.

the only way for Robin to have a good movie is for him to first to be in a batman movie...that way they won't have to explain him it'll already be done.

Zod4Life
That'll be stupid.To have him in a Batman movie then his own would be totally stupid.The best way to do him is in his own movie and have him be trained in martial arts like Bruce was in Batman Begins but a little differently.If he's in a Batman movie then let him continue to be in Batman movies instead of making him have a spinoff after he's appeared in a Batman movie.Otherwise let him have his own movie.

The only way I see Robin being in a Batman movie and leaving is if they use Dick Grayson and have him leave out on his own to become Nightwing.

Snowbeast
I'd rather Robin be left out of the BB sequels, he hasn't translated to live action very well so far and I'd prefer to see solo Batman stories anyways. I'd rather have a Nightwing movie or TV series instead. I think Tim Drake is the best Robin so far.

Sileas
hm......I'm not sure. but I will say that if nolan and company can resurrect batman from B&R, maybe they can also pull off a robin that would please the fans and not make it be campy. it might mean changing things/details, like even his age, or his origins, but....

Zod4Life
What about Chris Evans for Nightwing?

Sileas

mmmmmmnopesorry kid. I need more than this, hunny.

Let's try it like this: Classic Robin Moments. what are the best robin moments? ones that would make everyone from Nolan to the average moviegoer say "yeah, let's put Robin in!"

I own one comic book, so I'm not the one to answer this question.....anyone?

Snowbeast
Originally posted by Sileas
hm......I'm not sure. but I will say that if nolan and company can resurrect batman from B&R, maybe they can also pull off a robin that would please the fans and not make it be campy. it might mean changing things/details, like even his age, or his origins, but....

Yeah, it's possible that a serious Robin can be done, especially with Nolan on board. It's just with the use of multiple villians and then the introduction of Robin, Batman could end up as a supporting character in his own film again. I don't want that.

sevenman
Tims Burton's Batman should have been just Batman in a triology and he should have never handed it down to Joel Schumacher to **** it up with Robin. The LEAST they could do is make amends by leaving Robin out of the BATMAN BEGINS trilogy.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Snowbeast
Yeah, it's possible that a serious Robin can be done, especially with Nolan on board. It's just with the use of multiple villians and then the introduction of Robin, Batman could end up as a supporting character in his own film again. I don't want that.

That's why you get one of the "classic villains" and have him with the dude who screwed up Dick's family, I forget his name. But what you do is you focus on Grayson/Wayne, and for villains, the normal guy and the Bat-villain. Say someone like uh...Penguin? Idk, too tired to think.

Robin's gotta be in a film eventually, and Nolan's crew can definitely pull it off. I just don't want them to introduce him in the next film or something. Although, it would be cool if they heard on the radio about a circus coming to town with the Flying Graysons or something like that, know what I mean? Some sort of mini-cameo without being on-screen per say.

crimsonphoenix
maybe they would put robin in a film ...................
teen titans perhaps lol

sevenman
If you are going to put Robin in a Batman film you have to put him in the first one or nothing...then again this is about how Batman began so if anything Robin should be in the second one or not in the triology at all. I like what I said first and last best.

TwoFace2
Please no Robin at all. He's the biggest embarressment of Batman franchise. Chris Nolan, the direction, told the fans that he will be the director as long as Robin isn't in the films.

sevenman
Chris Nolan is a good man.

Mainstream
Originally posted by TwoFace2
Please no Robin at all. He's the biggest embarressment of Batman franchise. Chris Nolan, the direction, told the fans that he will be the director as long as Robin isn't in the films.

Batman and Robin are a team "father and son" how could you be so two faced man?

sevenman
They make young Robin older to make him "Hip" and they make him young because he is gay when he is older. It is a vicious cycle. My Robin is no older than Nine years old when he first teams up with the dark knight for an actual mission. None of that training shit. The bat is guidance for the bird. Dick Grayson is like the son that Bruce Wayne never had. Unless if you count Terry McGinnis. That was pretty ****ed up right there.

Mainstream
Originally posted by sevenman
They make young Robin older to make him "Hip" and they make him young because he is gay when he is older. It is a vicious cycle. My Robin is no older than Nine years old when he first teams up with the dark knight for an actual mission. None of that training shit. The bat is guidance for the bird. Dick Grayson is like the son that Bruce Wayne never had. Unless if you count Terry McGinnis. That was pretty ****ed up right there.

I don't count Terry..but I do could Dick and Tim (and even Jason who doesn't exist in the DC toon universe) poor little b@stard.

sevenman
All things must pass. Not even Batman lasts forever.

Mainstream
All things must pass. Not even Batman lasts forever.

Batman last forever....but Bruce Wayne Batman won't meditate

sevenman
That's what they said about Egypt. Terry McGinnis is no Batman!

Mainstream
That's what they said about Egypt. Terry McGinnis is no Batman!

indeed in on the Batman Beyond Cartoon...Bruce walked Terry though everything...it was Bruce's money and resources that kept things going..as far as I'm concerned Bruce Wayne was still Batman.

sevenman
I LIKED IT WHEN HE CAME BACK AS A ROBOT TO FIGHT INK WITH THE BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOPPPPPPP TOOO MUCH POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That was pretty damn cool. Robin is not.

Mainstream
I LIKED IT WHEN HE CAME BACK AS A ROBOT TO FIGHT INK WITH THE BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOPPPPPPP TOOO MUCH POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That was pretty damn cool. Robin is not. sarcasticclap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.