Proof of Darth Revan's abilities?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Plagues
Throughout many posts people have posted about how Darth Revan knew all the Force techniques and lightsaber forms. If anybody has proof (Actual proof...not something that has been dreamed up by a Darth Revan fan) of these things, post it on this thread...

Fishy
Lets see...

Countless of Jedi talk about how good he was.
People say Malak was an incredible fighter even better then them and he was weaker then Revan
Revan found Tulak hord his holocron supposedly the greatest duelist ever alive
He controlled and resisted the Star Forge something nobody could do
He resisted Malachor something nobody could do
He found knowledge in the Jedi Academy and archives, got knowledge from tons of masters and was trained by them.
He found a lot of Sith knowledge later on
Raided four tombs on Korriban that nobody else could.
Killed two Terentak on his own at the same time, those things could easily kill a Jedi or a few of them alone. (Even good Jedi Masters)
He killed two other Terentaks with two other people (well probably)
Not to mention Jedi say it themselves, Kreia says it too.

Darth Plagues
That just proves he was powerful...I'm talking about proof for him knowing all Force techniques and lightsaber forms. If there is any proof post it on this thread...

Fishy
Talk to a random Jedi. Zhar talks about how much Revan learned and all those things making him more powerful. I think Kavar and Vrook talk about his lightsaber skills and Malak his skill that was superior to all Jedi at that time but weaker then that of Revan. Kreia talks about Revan like he is god too

Darth Plagues
That still doesn't give any proof that Darth Revan knew all the Force techniques and lightsaber forms.

Fishy
Just play the damn game

Darth Plagues
I have the game and I have beat it four times, but still that does not give any proof that Darth Revan knew all Force techniques and lightsaber forms...I'm beginning to think Revan fan boys made all this stuff up...

Darth Travizzle
HE WAS THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH! DO WE NEED ANY OTHER REASON TO KNOW HOW SKILLED IN THE FORCE HE WAS!

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
HE WAS THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH! DO WE NEED ANY OTHER REASON TO KNOW HOW SKILLED IN THE FORCE HE WAS!
Agree totally, just look at how he was captured. The jedi sent bastillia and two others and they wouldnt of stood a chance it took a starship to stop him. Even then he came back and regained his title as Dark lord

Darth Plagues
I find the lack of explanation very amusing...all you Darth Revan fan boys have made up all this great stuff about Darth Revan that isn't true. Yeah he was powerful, but not to the extent most of you have claimed. So he doesn't know all lightsaber forms or Force techniques...

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Darth Plagues
I find the lack of explanation very amusing...all you Darth Revan fan boys have made up all this great stuff about Darth Revan that isn't true. Yeah he was powerful, but not to the extent most of you have claimed. So he doesn't know all lightsaber forms or Force techniques...
Well i think he does so neeerrrr

Emperor Revan
Throughout many posts people have posted about how Darth Revan knew all the Force techniques and lightsaber forms. If anybody has proof (Actual proof...not something that has been dreamed up by a Darth Revan fan) of these things, post it on this thread...

Hmm, let's see, can you prove Ragnos knew any techniques? Probably not. Tulak Hord? Probably not. What about Sadow? Didn't think so.

Though there's no proof, it's easily implied in dozens of ways.

1. The way he holds his lightsaber before he almost fought Bastila, it's different than most.

2. Mira, Handmaiden, Atton, Visas, Kreia, and the Exile learn most forms and Revan is more powerful than all of them and a quicker learner, having learned from everyone that the Exile learned from he probably has them all.

3. Tulak Hord's holocron, he has to have some form in there and Revan studied it.

4. Learning everything from the Jedi archives on Dantooine and Coruscant, learning from a planet sized Sith storehouse of knowledge and Korriban, killing everyone who ever faced him, it's very strongly implied.

As Janus would probably say: absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Darth_Glentract
Revan dosen't know everything. No one does. He just knows so much that it might as well be everything.

Fishy
Well of course he doesn't know everything but he has learned more then pretty much anybody else

Revan Souer
it wasn't just what he knew but also how he'd use his knowledge

darth-yoda
revan is one of if not the greatest sith ever he did no all saber forms and probly all force tecniqes but would he no lukes unknown force npower hmm dont but anyway revan=great sith lord

Darth Plagues
Right now I can prove that he cannot do all Force powers...

He doesn't know how to make black holes (NJO Luke Skywalker)...if he did he could have used it to destroy the Star Forge.

He doesn't know how to move planets (Naga Sadow)...if he could he would have done it to the Star Forge with that star.

He doesn't know how to do battle meditation (Bastila, Exile, and Luke Skywalker)...he would have used it throughout the Mandilorian Wars.

He doesn't know how to alter gravity (NJO Luke Skywalker & Jacen Solo)...if he did he could have saved the Ebon Hawk as it crashed on the unknown planet.

And about the lightsaber forms...Darth Revan fans have still failed to prove this...

Darth Mantis
Revan knows alot but not all the techniques... Not even half...

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Revan dosen't know everything. No one does. He just knows so much that it might as well be everything.
God knows every thing. OHHHH GOT YOU THERE!

DarthMandalore
Did Sadow bring the Republic to it's knees? Did NJO Luke have such a commanding presence around him that thousands of jedi and soldiers willingly abondan their oaths for him?

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
God knows every thing. OHHHH GOT YOU THERE!

God isn't a person, he is God. OHHHH GOT YOU THERE!

Well, forget that, you win, Jesus became a man and I believe he still knew everything.

Darth_Glentract

He doesn't know how to make black holes (NJO Luke Skywalker)...if he did he could have used it to destroy the Star Forge.

He doesn't know how to move planets (Naga Sadow)...if he could he would have done it to the Star Forge with that star.

He doesn't know how to do battle meditation (Bastila, Exile, and Luke Skywalker)...he would have used it throughout the Mandilorian Wars.

He doesn't know how to alter gravity (NJO Luke Skywalker & Jacen Solo)...if he did he could have saved the Ebon Hawk as it crashed on the unknown planet.

And about the lightsaber forms...Darth Revan fans have still failed to prove this...

He didn't necessarly want to destroy the Star Forge at that time.

See above.

It never says he didn't use battle meditation during the Mandalorian Wars

He didn't no that they were going to crash. Luke could have kept himself ffrom crashing several times, but he didn't. Revan may have wanted to crash.

You haven't proved he hasn't learned all of the lightsaber forms. I will say, yes, he hasn't learned all of the lightsaber forms, or at least I don't think he has, but it has not been proven otherwise.

Emperor Revan

Do you even read posts that aren't yours? You think Marka is stronger than Revan but Revan has done 100 times more than Marka in every category. The only "proof" of Ragnos abilities is when he lost pathetically to Jaden.

As for your 'proof',

1. Why would he want to destroy the Star Forge when it supplies him with an infinite fleet?

2. See number one.

3. Does he need it? Once he joined a side they started winning.

4. He probably wanted to talk with Bastila.

Obviously he doesn't know every Force power but quite a few.

Darth Plagues
Yeah he didn't want to destroy the Star Forge thats why he let the Republic's fleet capital ships blow it up...

Revan doesn't know all Force powers or lightsaber forms. The thread has proved it...I'm done.

And about Luke Skywalker thing..."He doesn't have a commanding presence." He was the the most respected Jedi by the New Republic. And if you want proof...go and read the "New Jedi Order" series. Or I could just give a lame excuse like all you Darth Revan fans have....

Maybe he didn't want all that commanding presence.

Revan Souer
Yeah he didn't want to destroy the Star Forge thats why he let the Republic's fleet capital ships blow it up...

Revan doesn't know all Force powers or lightsaber forms. The thread has proved it...I'm done.

And about Luke Skywalker thing..."He doesn't have a commanding presence." He was the the most respected Jedi by the New Republic. And if you want proof...go and read the "New Jedi Order" series. Or I could just give a lame excuse like all you Darth Revan fans have....

Maybe he didn't want all that commanding presence.
The Star forge is only destoryed in one ending so your point is stupid. Revan became the Dark lord again and so destoryed the reble fleet and ruled the galaxy as far as im aware

Fishy

Black hole I agree at least we havn't seen it

He did know battle meditation just not as well as Bastila who is a natural for it and can do it better then pretty much anybody else. Besides motivating your troops by the force is one thing, but he needed to do more. He needed to lead the army's and he could motivate them in other ways. When a living legend is leading your troops you are motivated to fight. Battle meditation would have no advantage for him.

Do you know he can't because he never used it? Again I ask whats the use of it? Revan never once wanted to destroy an entire planet he wanted them kept in one piece becuase he coudl use them. He wasn't one that would destroy a planet, and he sure as hell wouldn't destroy the star forge like that. First of all he needed to make sure Malak was dead (if your LS) and more importantly if your DS he needed to make sure Malak is dead and he needed to keep the Star Forge. Besides DS is the real ending according to Bioware and Obsidian

Gravity, well you have a point there he could have used it but to what purpose? Even if he could control gravity it would just prevent him from crash landing but not from being brought down so he still needed to go that planet. Not to mention that by that time Revan didn't regain his memory and didn't know even close to as much as he knew before.

The lightsaber forms you are right. But it only stands to reason he knew them all, not mastered them. Mastering them is bullshit but Revan from all we know about him and all we have seen in his fighting has created his own form.

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Fishy

Do you know he can't because he never used it? Again I ask whats the use of it? Revan never once wanted to destroy an entire planet he wanted them kept in one piece becuase he coudl use them. He wasn't one that would destroy a planet, and he sure as hell wouldn't destroy the star forge like that. First of all he needed to make sure Malak was dead (if your LS) and more importantly if your DS he needed to make sure Malak is dead and he needed to keep the Star Forge. Besides DS is the real ending according to Bioware and Obsidian

Could you please point me to where Obsidian and Bioware declare that Revan turned DS again? Because KOTOR 2 does not say that.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
Could you please point me to where Obsidian and Bioware declare that Revan turned DS again? Because KOTOR 2 does not say that.
Its up to you to say whether he did or not by your answers in KOTOR2 when you meet the bloke at Per when he's locked up.

Darth_Frobo
Darth Revan in kotor didn't have any of his previous knowledge so so much for saving the ebon hawk. He knew battle meditation just not on the scale bastila could use it, you could say that a minor part of him being such a great tactician is that he could use a little bit of battle meditation, as for moving a planet what good would that have done for him and again in KOTOR he has less then half his power and like 100th of his force knowledge, so he naturally couldn't do these things.

He had literally all the knowledge the darkside of the force had to offer as well as all the knowledge of the jedi archives at the time. Including what, ragnos,sadow,hord,pall,nadd knew plus what he learned from kreia, zhar all of korriban and all of malachor v plus the jedi archive on dantooine.

He didn't master ALL the forms per say instead he took the strengths of everything he learned and made his own amazingly powerful and practically flawless form, now add his battle pre-cog and the crap load of force knowledge he has and then you'll realize how powerful he really is, He could control a sun to do his bidding enough said.

Lord Darkstar
I agree Revan is amazing, but Frobo, he did not have all the knowledge of the dark side, Sadow's notes were on Yavin IV, with Exar, Revan never saw them, also, it is physically impossible to master everything from all those with lords, they spent their life learning that, he cannot learn it in 5 years. And, battle pre-cgo can be beaten, as shown when Revan could not foretell Malak's betrayal. And, how do you know he created his own form, just because he can wave a lightsaber in a way we have never seen, doesn't mean it is new, for all we know it could be form VI, flashy and all. Also, I don't think he could do battle meditation, I'm pretty sure it says in KotOR that that was one power he never learned

Fishy
Well maybe he didn't learn it, but again even if he did what would the purpose be? Battle meditation takes time you have to concentrate and unless you have a gift its not going to do as much. Revan had more important things to focus on then battle meditation.

And of course he hasn't learned everything, he has learned a lot though and everything he could at that time. And he could have been to Yavin IV... He's been at a space station next to the planet, don't you think that when hearing so much about that planet in his life and the power there that he would go?

Of course battle pre cog can be beaten, but at the time that Revan was shot down he faced several Jedi. You do not focus on your allies when you are fighting enemies the thing has its flaws but somebody who is a master in it, could theoraticly not be beaten by anybody of the same power. Somebody has to have a lot more power to. No Jedi could have beaten that Echani at that time, and still Revan did it. Putitng him higher then other Jedi of that time.

His gift definitly helped in that fight.

And the form is a wild guess at best, but a guess that would seem to make sense you have to agree with that.

Lord Darkstar
ok I agree with most of what you said, however I do think that other jedi could have defeated Yusanis, the force would help a lot with that

Fishy
Of course it would, but a huge advantage of the Jedi is that they can see attacks coming right? Wel Yusanis could do that almost into perfection probably better then most Jedi, that they can move incredibly fast and are agile thats what Echani are trained for. Then you have force attacks but Cortosis can probably block that like a lightsaber and they use Cortosis blades not to mention that a real Jedi wouldn't use the force to attack. But thats not really a good argument because Revan was using the Dark Side.

Also you have to remember that Jedi said it was a great achievement, they wouldn't say so unless it actually was.

Lord Darkstar
jedi said it was a great achievement? and the jedi do sortof use the force to attack/defend at the same time, force push anyone?

Fishy
Well okay but still they thought it was something impressive. So it probably was.

Darth Travizzle
Revan is too cool 4 skool!

Lord Darkstar
^ thanks for bringing such knowledge and excellent points to these forums

darth-yoda
did revan no the force power Morichro

Human Vader
this is absurd

i dont know where you heard that plageus but its totally false. im a so called revan "fan boy" and i never say things about him that arent stated or shown in KOTOR or KOTOR II. revan is not god, he didnt know everything there is to know about the force. as im sure NJO Luke or Yoda didnt either. The Force has far too many secrets to reveal for one person to know everything. Yoda lived for 900 years and even he said the Force has many secrets yet to be learned. Revan didnt know everything about the Force or Lightsaber forms, but he knew a hell of a lot more than any Jedi a the time did. And if you play KOTOR II, everyone who knew Revan cant shut up about how great his power was. And just look at what he did. He became a master with both light side and dark side of the Force, led many Jedi and Republic soldiers, not only to follow him against the Mandalorians, but also to abandon what they were fighting for and follow him against those they once fought beside. Even Sidious, who every says "OMG HES THE BEST MANIPULATOR EVA!!!!", couldnt do that. Revan also defeated one of the best force users at the time, destroyed the Star Forge, and went to fight the true Sith. And the great thing about Revan was, not only was he powerful and wise, but he knew what every great man should know, that he didnt know everything. Revan never stopped trying to learn new things about the force. So yes he didnt know everything about the force, and he didnt know every lightsaber form, but he knew a lot more than any Jedi or Sith I can think of. Thats why everyone thinks so highly of him and why he has so many "fan boys".

Darth Plagues
During Darth Revan's reign of the galaxy...he only used Force powers that were known to Jedi/Sith since the discover of the Force. Luke on the other hand discovered new abilities and didn't even fight that much as Revan did. So no Revan is not the most powerful. Even during Luke's teachings when he was informing his students of great Jedi from the past...he never mentioned one word of Darth Revan...and he had holocrons dating back to Darth Revan's era. And don't give me "Luke was trying to hide things that the Sith did." He taught his students of Exar Kun...

Darth Plagueis
gah...your gross misspelling of the name is causing me grief!

Human Vader
well i never said revan was the most powerful. he was certainly the most powerful of his time, but i never said of all time. plus Revan was not created until much after the NJO series was written, so he wouldnt have appeared there

Darth Plagueis
Darth Plagues...it makes a Sith lord want to cry....

Revan21
You know guys Darth Plaques isnt worth explaining this to, he simply wont listen to a thing you say so i think we should give up.

Revan21

Darth Plagues
laughing...Yeah go and dream up other false things about him in your fantasies...(this doesn't apply to everyone that has posted on this form)...don't waste my time with explanations of why you say he knows all lightsaber forms or Force techniques, instead of actual proof.

Special Thanks to Revan21 for informing everybody that I won't listen to their pathetic fantasies... thumb up

Fishy
laughing...Yeah go and dream up other false things about him in your fantasies...(this doesn't apply to everyone that has posted on this form)...don't waste my time with explanations of why you say he knows all lightsaber forms or Force techniques, instead of actual proof.

Special Thanks to Revan21 for informing everybody that I won't listen to their pathetic fantasies... thumb up

Well you won't, your a pathetic excuse for a debater... We can't show you a direct quote about his lightsaber forms just a logical conclusion gathered from several sources all pointing at about the same thing.

All the other knowledge stuff is true, you really won't listen to anything we say here.

Darth Plagues
You have room to talk Fishy...you haven't supplied anything that can prove the claims that Darth Revan knew all Force Powers and lightsaber techniques.

Anyway, I have proven my point...I'm done...this thread is over, unless someone can prove that Darth Revan knew all Force powers and lightsaber techniques.

Darth Somebody
Darth Revan is easily one of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Sith. He was an excellent tactition - and nearly destroyed the Republic in all out war. He had many abilities. But his Battle Meditation clearly lacked in terms of Bastilla and Palpatine. He did NOT takeover the galaxy. Only Palpatine has done that - he did get pretty damn close though. His Sith Empire is said to be great - but weaker than the one led by Ragnos and the Ancient Sith Lords. His knowledge of the Force is astounding. But I do not believe he's worthy of the title as "the most powerful" or "the greatest". He's one of both. But he did not ultimately accomplish the goals of his order. Again. He got close. But failed to even accomplish it, if only for the moment.

Mist
why do people obsess over revan so much?

Ogami Itto
Didn't Reven + Malak just turn up and say they were Sith???
like who taught them the ways of the Sith??

Mist
learnt it on korriban i presume...probably found a holocron or something with old sith....who knows...

Darth Teeron
Who is this guy with a hard on for dissing Revan?

I think somebody got told a lie and he got pissed off about it and decided to come to the specialists(sp) on the matter.

First off, NO ONE and i mean -No One- Can learn all the Force Abilities. The Force is like eternal or something. Just about Anything is possible if you know what your doing.

Lightsabre Techniques... I could hold a stick upside down and say it is the most lethal technique in the world. Just like the Force, Techniques are Endless.

Now, Im not saying it isnt Possible to know every -Known- Technique with a Lightsabre or every -Known- Force Ability. But in my own -personal- Opinion, Darth Revan knew or knew of every known Force Ability and Lightsabre Technique.

Class Dismissed.

Emperor Revan
You have room to talk Fishy...you haven't supplied anything that can prove the claims that Darth Revan knew all Force Powers and lightsaber techniques.

Anyway, I have proven my point...I'm done...this thread is over, unless someone can prove that Darth Revan knew all Force powers and lightsaber techniques.

Hey stupid head. I dare you to respond to my post. Prove to me that Ragnos is the strongest like you say he is, prove that he knew any Force powers or any lightsaber forms. No one knew them all or probably ever will, but we know Lord Revan knew many many Force powers and knew several techniques.

Darth Plagues
Right...No one knows them all. Emperor Revan if you want a reply to your post here it is...

I am not going to waste my time explaining to someone why the Ancient Sith are more powerful than the Sith later on down the line with someone who has created pathetic things about Darth Revan in their fantasies. There is no point in it. Like I have said, I proven my point...this thread is over...unless someone can prove all these claims. I have given people a chance and I still got replies that are filled with the dumbest excuses of why Darth Revan knows all these things. (That does not apply to everyone that has posted on this forum)

laughing

You guys can write the lamest things to explain your fantasies...

(How was that for a reply Emperor Revan? Go ahead waste your time in writing a response big grin thumb up )

Fishy
I don't know whats funnier you believing all that crap you are posting or you not believing what we are posting...

You really need to think about what you are doing here, trying to annoy people online won't do you a lot of good except for everybody here ignoring you. Which you will probably not care about but neither will we. Here's an idea though remove your head from your ass jump down a 12 story high building then stick it back in mid way and when you almost hit the ground fart so that your head will stink like the shit that comes out of your mouth.

Darth Plagues
Wow...Just like everything else that comes out of your fantasies that sucked to. Good job in wasting your own time in writing something that reflects very poor intelligence.

(Go ahead keep wasting your time in writing replies to this thread)

laughing thumb up

Fishy
I will don't worry now just **** off or something and get a life.

Wanderer259
Those aren't powers save for possibly the Battle Meditation skill - they're just feats of manipulation. Luke didn't create a 'Force black hole', he just used the Force to manipulate a star into becoming a black hole. Don't make up an excuse like, "If he could, he could've just made one to destroy the Star Forge!". Why doesn't Luke just constantly alter gravity against all of his opponents? Because it wouldn't make for a very good story, would it?

Moving planets with the Force? No different from moving a spoon save for the amount of power needed. Same for altering gravity.

None of those are powers. They're just examples of controlling/manipulating the Force to 'make stuff happen'.

This sounds an awful lot like a "Man, Luke is too da best, I'll show you guys!". And Revan wasn't mentioned because those books were written before Revan became canon. Come now, let's be sensible.

Darth Plagues
Here a a snipit of the novel "Star Wars: Dark Tide I Onslaught." If you want to look it up for yourself go to page 259 and read these paragraphs...

In Impervious's cockpit, Luke pointed toward the large vehicle. "Get us closer."

"Yes, Master Skywalker."

"How's the missile telemetry coming through, Artoo?"

The little droid tootled confidently, spinning his head around to look at Luke.

A beep sounded from the droid, and Elegos glanced at a secondary monitor. "I have four torpedo launches. All are hot."

"Good."

Luke sank back into the chair and closed his eyes. He took a deep breath and reached out through the Force. He let his sense of things ride above the frayed ones' jagged profile and vectored in toward the vehicle. He got no solid sense of it directly, though a few frayed ones did appear to be housed inside. Instead he used that emptiness as a way to point to search out a void, and as it formed, the black hole blossomed fully in the Force.

The void that the vehicle's dovin basals created to intercept the missiles was a gravitic anomaly that had subtances in the real world. Tiny threads of the Force leaked into it as insects and birds, bats and bugs were pulled into it. Luke used their vanishing life traces and very currents in the air that the void created to define the void. He traced its edges, knes exactly where it was, and knew how powerful it was.

He opened himself to the Force more fully than he had in years. He sought more power than he had wehn freeeing his nephew. The Force flooded into him, at once molten-metal hot, yet as soothing as cool rain. It swriled through him, filling every cell of his body, freeing him from fatigue, sharpening his mind.

Now this proves my point that Luke does not need some other power source other than the Force to create black holes. I have provided information and a source for someone to look it up theirself. Now if you got the impression that I think Luke in stronger than Revan...well your right, also I would like to state this is the type of proof that the people defending Darth Revan have failed to say. Luke creating black holes did not come out of my fantasy...it happened. Now to you guys that have said Darth Revan knew all Force powers and lightsaber techniques...please leave proof and a source like the one above.

And another thing people have failed to do. Look something up for yourself to make sure its true, before writing it on any thread.

Wanderer259
Sure, it proves your point. I, however, don't seem to remember disputing that fact; looking back at my own post, I know for a fact I didn't. Who said Luke needed a source other than the Force to create black holes? Heed your own advice of looking things up and start reading posts correctly before throwing out counter arguments.

If you think NJO Luke is more powerful than Revan, well, that's your opinion and it's your prerogative as to what that opinion is; many would agree with you as well, possibly including myself. However, though Revan may not know everything about the Force (which, as has been brought up many times though you ignored it, is likely impossible), he was extremely knowledgeable in either side of the Force's abilities and was a very skilled lightsaber combatant. There's no disputing that - it's been stated in the KotOR series of games. If you want examples of Revan's power, search through the boards. They're there, trust me.

xxxpoppunker182
revan knows all the lightsaber forms i mean its nit that hard to lern them there are only 6 while he was around and mace windu learned all of themn and made vaapad. but revan doesnt know all the force techiniques only NJO luke does.

people dont understanbd that NJO luke is all powerful and is the greatest force user ever even greater than the ancient sith lords.

so revan was a master with a lightsaber but not force techniques.

Darth Plagues
Originally posted by Wanderer259
If you think NJO Luke is more powerful than Revan, well, that's your opinion and it's your prerogative as to what that opinion is; many would agree with you as well, possibly including myself. However, though Revan may not know everything about the Force (which, as has been brought up many times though you ignored it, is likely impossible), he was extremely knowledgeable in either side of the Force's abilities and was a very skilled lightsaber combatant. There's no disputing that - it's been stated in the KotOR series of games. If you want examples of Revan's power, search through the boards. They're there, trust me.

I have never denied Darth Revan is powerful. The point of this thread was to find truth behind how Darth Revan knew all lightsaber forms and Force techniques, in which people have failed to do. They have created these things in their fantasies. Darth Revan is powerful, but not to the extent of which many have claimed.

And about Wanderer259 saying you should look something up, before posting. Maybe you should take your advice and have a little talk with the Darth Revan fans...maybe as well with yourself. I looked that up to break you argument about all that manipulation stuff, which had nothing to do with this thread. If you think I have ignored your post it is, because it is pathetic to read someones post about a character's abilities that they have made up in their fantasies, which they represent to me and expect me to accept it as actual proof. Now with that said I have proven my point with this thread...I am done...this thread is closed, unless someone can provide proof and a source to prove me wrong. I have heard all the quotes from KOTOR I can bear. That is just the opinion of that character in the game, not actual proof that can be accepted.

This thread is closed...unless proof can be shown.

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
revan knows all the lightsaber forms i mean its nit that hard to lern them there are only 6 while he was around and mace windu learned all of themn and made vaapad. but revan doesnt know all the force techiniques only NJO luke does.

people dont understanbd that NJO luke is all powerful and is the greatest force user ever even greater than the ancient sith lords.

so revan was a master with a lightsaber but not force techniques.

NJO Luke Skywalker nor Yoda have mastered everything either. No one can attaine that much information. This is the whole point of this thread.

This thread is closed...unless proof of Darth Revan abilities can be shown.

Human Vader
too bad you cant close it

and wanderer or anyone else here needs to do anything about revan fans. pretty much everyone who has posted here has said the same thing, revan was very powerful and definitely one of the most powerful jedi/sith ever, but he didnt know all the force powers, or all the lightsaber forms. he knew a lot of both, but not all of it. any competent person can see that, just like revan, fishy, me and a few others who posted here. yet you continue to argue. you just heard from some n00b that revan knows everything and now you have to go make a thread about it. youre just looking for an argument. i mean i never saw anyone say that he knew EVERYTHING, so it could be just an exaggeration on your part.

Emperor Revan
Right...No one knows them all. Emperor Revan if you want a reply to your post here it is...

I am not going to waste my time explaining to someone why the Ancient Sith are more powerful than the Sith later on down the line with someone who has created pathetic things about Darth Revan in their fantasies. There is no point in it. Like I have said, I proven my point...this thread is over...unless someone can prove all these claims. I have given people a chance and I still got replies that are filled with the dumbest excuses of why Darth Revan knows all these things. (That does not apply to everyone that has posted on this forum)

laughing

You guys can write the lamest things to explain your fantasies...

(How was that for a reply Emperor Revan? Go ahead waste your time in writing a response big grin thumb up )

Ok, dumb ass I will. You're a stupid hipocrite that makes up his own shit about whatever he wants. You don't believe all the things Revan did even though any credible star wars website will list them, and you want proof that he has all these techniques when there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on Ragnos whom you think is the strongest Sith ever. Even though you can't prove a damn thing about Ragnos, you want this proof on Revan over something no one ever even said. You want proof? Wikipedia says Revan is thought by many to be the most powerful Sith lord of all time and it says jack squatt about Ragnos. Did I mention Marka got his ass handed to him by Jaden? Get your head out of your ass, and stop being the worst poster/hipocrite on this site.

Fishy: Rock on man, I loved the posts.

Wanderer259
It has everything to do with this thread. Why? See two paragraphs below.

As for 'breaking' my argument, no, you didn't.

Luke did not 'create' a spontaneous black hole out of the Force; he simply took what was there and used the Force to manipulate it into one. It flat out says that the vehicle's dovin basals were part of it and that he used other things to 'define' it. Where's the use of a specific learned power to spontaneously create a black hole? To me, it seems like he simply knew the ingredients and used the Force to manipulate them into creating one.

None of those are 'powers' to be learned - they're simply ways of using the Force to 'make stuff happen'. There's no knowing or not knowing how to do something, it's simply the imagination, the will, and the control over the Force to do such. Therefore, your examples of Revan 'not knowing all Force powers' are irrelevant.

I didn't present you with a list of Revan's powers, real or made-up; don't put text where there isn't.

You've proved nothing; try again. Though, I don't see why you would considering this entire thread, beginning with your initial post, is pointless.

By the way, if you want an actual example of Revan's power, he was able to be bombarded by Malachor (IV or V?)'s energies without becoming obliterated. He dominated the Dark Side rather than falling victim to it as all others do.

AmrothSkywalker
Half of the peoples arguements don't hold up here for one reason: KOTOR can be beaten two different ways!!!

Darth Teeron
So?

Fishy
What does that have to do with anything?

You clearly said Darth Revan...

And even if you said Revan it wouldn't matter because he would still know all the same things...

Emperor Revan
Every time he opens his mouth his IQ drops even lower, I didn't know that was possible. Ok, you said DARTH Revan, meaning dark side. Revan simply means either and Lightside Revan means light side. Besides, that barely changes a thing except he didn't go dark side so his power would be slightly weaker and we don't know if he recovered his full memories on the light side or not.

Fishy
He did and his power would not really be weaker. He never fully went Dark and always drew from both sides of the force. The only reason Revan was dark was because it would accomplish his goals in a better way for him and probably the universe.

Nai Fohl
I have never denied Darth Revan is powerful. The point of this thread was to find truth behind how Darth Revan knew all lightsaber forms and Force techniques, in which people have failed to do. They have created these things in their fantasies. Darth Revan is powerful, but not to the extent of which many have claimed.

Well...I've seen a lot of Revan "fanboys" in this forum...I might be one of them to a certain degree...but I never have seen people saying Revan could do everything.

He knew all lightsaber forms. That is obvious. The Exile knew them and since Revan probably trained with all the masters the Exile came across later he must have known all that forms too. That is very basic knowledge for a Jedi even in ROTS times since they all have to learn form I and later specialize on another form so they have to know all forms to chose their own form from.
It's another question how good Revan could use that forms. Well...since he killed thousands of opponents with a lightsaber (containing Jedi, Dark Jedi, Jedi Masters and Sith Lords) I would say he can use them quite well.

For force powers: Again I have never seen a statement saying Revan knew everything. He simply couldn't. But he did knew a lot of stuff...that is also obvious from the things you can experience by yourself while playing KOTOR or get to know while playing KOTOR 2.

The problem discussing about Revan is, that Revan is no determined figure within the SW universe. He is a RPG char and therefore every person played as "Revan" has another idea about that character. Starting with the question if Revan was male or female (male is considered canon), if he was LS or DS (LS is canon !) and then going into detail (what powers did he learn about ? What things did he discover ?). You could do the same discussion about Kyle Katarn or the Exile as well.

Darth Plagues
Well I can see many have wasted their own time in writing responses that are quite pathetic (This does not conclude everybody)...Now you know I have never denied Revan was powerful...and I don't know where you got me saying Ragnos is the most powerful Sith Lord ever. My statement on that was the Ancient Sith are more powerful than the Sith later on down the line...that's just fact. Also Fishy and others have even stated that a spirit loses its power when it does not use it for awhile. Ragnos was dormant for like 5,000 years. And Ragnos at his peak he could throw a planet at Revan or something that popped up in his imagination. Now all this other stuff of Revan was the greatest is quit funny...I mean come on you guys are making things up on a video game character. Yes, Revan was great, but not to the extent many of you have claimed. Most of this stuff is just opinions and theories that were created and you use the theories as steroids and pump something up even higher than what is really is. Now if you want to make some reply to this post filled with insults...go right ahead, but I don't care. You can throw as many insults at me that you want...but your just wasting your time, you think it really hurts me? I am done with the pointless bickering...It comes down to this...

Revan did some great feats in his time, but the entire thing that you guys have posted numerouse times on the NJO Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Revan thread about how he knew everything...is pathetic. Go back and look if you wish.

Like the dude that though he was cool above and said "well you can't close it"

Well you idiot I not coming back here so anything else that is written is just a waste of time. I have proven the point I wanted to make...leading you into my goal was quit easy. The person you hate controls you. Ok well this thing is closed. I'm never coming back here so...keep writing and waste you time...

What the f**k?

Fishy
You have proven nothing.... And you will read this, i'm 100% sure of it so i'm just going to write my reply...

You have proven absolutely nothing. Revan knew more then most people there is no doubt about that, he has learned a lot about a lot. More then a lot of other people and he learned it fast. He knew every lightsaber technique nobody said he mastered it. The rest of what you call theories are hardly theories they are just conclusions drawn from what is said without it literally being said.

Like most people say that Yoda trained for about 900 years. Would seem like a logical thing even if it was never said.

xxxpoppunker182

And about Wanderer259 saying you should look something up, before posting. Maybe you should take your advice and have a little talk with the Darth Revan fans...maybe as well with yourself. I looked that up to break you argument about all that manipulation stuff, which had nothing to do with this thread. If you think I have ignored your post it is, because it is pathetic to read someones post about a character's abilities that they have made up in their fantasies, which they represent to me and expect me to accept it as actual proof. Now with that said I have proven my point with this thread...I am done...this thread is closed, unless someone can provide proof and a source to prove me wrong. I have heard all the quotes from KOTOR I can bear. That is just the opinion of that character in the game, not actual proof that can be accepted.

This thread is closed...unless proof can be shown.

NJO Luke Skywalker nor Yoda have mastered everything either. No one can attaine that much information. This is the whole point of this thread.

This thread is closed...unless proof of Darth Revan abilities can be shown.

it is possible to learn all the lightsabers forms. mace windu did it.

Darth Somebody
Let me say. Darth Revan is powerful. But it is indeed where most people make him out to be a god that infuriates others. I've seen people overly exagerate Revan's powers, Palpatine's powers, Yoda's powers, and NJO Luke's powers. If it's all TRUE - then don't call them Sith or Jedi. IF the creators imbued their characters with THAT much power - they're certainly gods. Lol.

Anyways. The four aforementioned characters are considered to be the top for the following:

Intelligence/Cunning: Palpatine
Dark Side Power/Tactics: Revan
Wisdom/Experience: Yoda
Sheer Power/Strength: NJO Luke

But please remember that all four have been beaten and all four have failed. It is mostly the NJO Luke and Revan people who tend to make it seem that their favorite characters are gods. They're not.

I can't wait for someone to come along and kick Luke's ass in the NJO series. It has been LONG overdue. And I hope someone does it to Revan. To show that though these two are HIGHLY powerful - they are NOT gods.

HimoKun

The black hole things right. And why would have done that to the Star Forge wit hthe Star? And no, he could've of saved it since he did not know his full power yet. He didn't even know he was Revan stupid!

Does anyone know all the lightsabre forms? No. but we can know since he trained with different Masters that he would learn their different forms under them.

HimoKun
During Darth Revan's reign of the galaxy...he only used Force powers that were known to Jedi/Sith since the discover of the Force. Luke on the other hand discovered new abilities and didn't even fight that much as Revan did. So no Revan is not the most powerful. Even during Luke's teachings when he was informing his students of great Jedi from the past...he never mentioned one word of Darth Revan...and he had holocrons dating back to Darth Revan's era. And don't give me "Luke was trying to hide things that the Sith did." He taught his students of Exar Kun...

Yes, Revan would have more knowledge of history available to him since the majority of Sith and Jedi Lore was destroyed during the war with Malak, the crashing of the Floating Academy, and last the purge of the Jedi. (This would destroy almost everything). So, Revan would have more history available to him that Luke.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Let me say. Darth Revan is powerful. But it is indeed where most people make him out to be a god that infuriates others. I've seen people overly exagerate Revan's powers, Palpatine's powers, Yoda's powers, and NJO Luke's powers. If it's all TRUE - then don't call them Sith or Jedi. IF the creators imbued their characters with THAT much power - they're certainly gods. Lol.

Anyways. The four aforementioned characters are considered to be the top for the following:

Intelligence/Cunning: Palpatine
Dark Side Power/Tactics: Revan
Wisdom/Experience: Yoda
Sheer Power/Strength: NJO Luke

But please remember that all four have been beaten and all four have failed. It is mostly the NJO Luke and Revan people who tend to make it seem that their favorite characters are gods. They're not.

I can't wait for someone to come along and kick Luke's ass in the NJO series. It has been LONG overdue. And I hope someone does it to Revan. To show that though these two are HIGHLY powerful - they are NOT gods.

you're completly right. personally i love revan and NJO luke they are in my top 5 but they AREN'T gods at all they are very powerful but some fans just want them to be THAT powerful because its their favorit SW character.

Emperor Revan
Well I can see many have wasted their own time in writing responses that are quite pathetic (This does not conclude everybody)...Now you know I have never denied Revan was powerful...and I don't know where you got me saying Ragnos is the most powerful Sith Lord ever. My statement on that was the Ancient Sith are more powerful than the Sith later on down the line...that's just fact. Also Fishy and others have even stated that a spirit loses its power when it does not use it for awhile. Ragnos was dormant for like 5,000 years. And Ragnos at his peak he could throw a planet at Revan or something that popped up in his imagination. Now all this other stuff of Revan was the greatest is quit funny...I mean come on you guys are making things up on a video game character. Yes, Revan was great, but not to the extent many of you have claimed. Most of this stuff is just opinions and theories that were created and you use the theories as steroids and pump something up even higher than what is really is. Now if you want to make some reply to this post filled with insults...go right ahead, but I don't care. You can throw as many insults at me that you want...but your just wasting your time, you think it really hurts me? I am done with the pointless bickering...It comes down to this...

Revan did some great feats in his time, but the entire thing that you guys have posted numerouse times on the NJO Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Revan thread about how he knew everything...is pathetic. Go back and look if you wish.

Like the dude that though he was cool above and said "well you can't close it"

Well you idiot I not coming back here so anything else that is written is just a waste of time. I have proven the point I wanted to make...leading you into my goal was quit easy. The person you hate controls you. Ok well this thing is closed. I'm never coming back here so...keep writing and waste you time...

What the f**k?

You said Ragnos was the best in either the Revan vs. Yoda or Revan vs. NJO Luke. Ragnos' spirit was charged with force energy from dozens of locations, the yavin temples, hoth, byss, bespin, etc. His spirit was fully charged and even in the body of a dark Jedi master with a sith sword, he still got manhandled by a Jedi knight. And you say "Ragnos could just throw a planet at Revan or something that popped in his imagination" you hypocrite. Where's the proof that he could do that, let alone anything. RAGNOS DID NOTHING YET YOU THINK HE CAN DO THAT EVEN THOUGH HE GOT WHOOPED BY JADEN YET LORD REVAN YOU CONSIDER WEAK BECAUSE YOU SAY WE EXAGGERATE HIS POWER WHEN WE DON'T. YOU EXAGGERATE RAGNOS' POWER AND MOST OF US DON'T EXAGGERATE REVAN'S POWER SO YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT AND YOU MAKE UP THIS CRAP BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO THINK REVAN IS AS STRONG AS HE IS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.