Why despite thinking David Icke is a loon he has some good ideas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
Please note like the writers of this article I do not believe in Ickes crackpot shit. This is posted for amusement and discussion. Icke is an entertainer in my opinion big grin

Let's get two things straight right from the outset:
David Icke believes that the plant Earth is ruled, for the most part, by Annunaki lizards from the fourth dimension. The most important political and business leaders of the world are either half-breed human lizards, White Martians or full-blooded lizards temporarily living in human form. The lizards have unimaginable occult power compared to us, but are unable to cope with the vibrations of human love. So, as a result, they have attempted to create a world in which humans are brainwashed and trapped into the patterns of negative emotions (chiefly anger and fear) which provide the kind of vibrations that sustain the lizards. It's important at this stage to point out that, so far as we can tell, Icke believes this literally and non-metaphorically. When he talks about lizards, he's referring to Annunaki inhabitants of the fourth dimension, or about other lizard species from nearby dimensions. He's not using "code words" to talk about Jews, freemasons or basically anyone who isn't a lizard or lizard halfbreed.
We, the editorial and executive staff of adequacy.org, do not believe that the earth is ruled by Annunaki lizards from the fourth dimension. We basically don't believe in Annunaki lizards at all. We don't think that the cosmogony described in Icke's books makes sense, we think that his use of the word "dimension" is usually incoherent and self-contradictory, and we think that a few suggestive carvings and pieces of jewellery is damn poor evidence for believing that lizard spaceships landed in the time of Rameses and have dominated the world through the Masons ever since.
Given 1) and 2), we can see how people might be forgiven for asking why adequacy.org, never usually notorious for giving a fair hearing to people who disagree with us, are so keen on David Icke. Well, when you think about it, it's not so unreasonable after all. Because when you read Icke's books (memo to our friends at the Globe and Mail: "read" in this context means "read", not "read a summary of a review of and then proceed to slag off"wink, there's a lot of good sense in them. Consider, the following:
David Icke believes that the former US President George Herschel Walker Bush is a lizard and a drug dealer.
The Washington Post believes that former US President George Herschel Walker Bush is not a lizard, and not a drug dealer.
Adequacy.org believes that former US President George Herschel Walker Bush is not a lizard, but is a drug dealer.
So, it appears that we disagree with Icke on the subject of whether Bush was a lizard, and with the Post on the subject of whether Bush was a heroin pusher. And the fact is that, while it's more or less impossible to prove one way or the other whether Bush is an Annunaki lizard from the fourth dimension, it's very easy indeed to show that Bush was the head of the CIA during the period in which Air America was carrying opium by the ton from Burma and Laos to the heroin labs of Hong Kong and Saigon, from whence it was sold to American GIs. So it appears that David Icke makes a claim that is pretty difficult to believe, with not much evidence in favour of it, while the Washington Post is asking us to believe something in the face of a vast amount of conclusive contradictory evidence. Furthermore, while Icke's organisation is supported almost entirely in the free market by selling books and videos to the public, the Washington Post is bankrolled partly by the CIA, and partly by the Reunification Church of the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, a bona fide cult.
Just exactly who's the loony here, mates? The fact is that the mainstream media do this all the time. There are all sorts of people who believe in things far more bizarre than anything David Icke wants to foist on us - Tony Blair believes that the MMR vaccine has no connection with autism, Richard Dawkins believes that everything we do is determined by our DNA, and Ann Coulter believes that George W Bush won the election in Florida. But they don't get pilloried in the newspapers in the way that David Icke does for merely bringing up the possibility that a group of people who act all the time as if they were cold-blooded power-mad reptiles who thrive on creating fear and hostility, might actually be cold-blooded power-mad reptiles who thrive on creating fear and hostility.

So, we're going to try and redress the balance. Over the next few weeks on adequacy.org, we're going to be running a few articles on the subject of David Icke's theories of cosmogony and global politics, plus as many copious plugs for his books and videos as we can. If we can get an interview with him, we'll run it, unedited. Obviously, this isn't quite as good for him as if the New York Times decided to play fair and respect some of its much-vaunted standards of objectivity and fairness in a case when they might actually prove controversial, rather than just using them to blow off following up indymedia tips. But it's a start. The rehabilitation begins here. We Licke Icke.

whirlysplat
I remember when he was just a goalie

BackFire
Sounds like he's seen Dark City one too many times.

Deano
he does have some good ideas yes

whirlysplat
He was a footballer for Coventry believe it or not then he reckons he did "the timewarp" in Brazil

Deano
Originally posted by whirlysplat
He was a footballer for Coventry believe it or not then he reckons he did "the timewarp" in Brazil

the timewarp?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Deano
the timewarp?

Your the expert Deano, I think his a crank big grin look it up big grin

whirlysplat
The flipside of Icke his Right wing agenda sad not so funny

David Icke seems to be a troubled man. Once dismissed as a mere New Age eccentric, the former Coventry City goalkeeper, BBC sports presenter, and Green Party spokesman is now in the grip of a raging paranoia that borrows from the ideology of right-wing extremists.

Much has changed since Icke, dressed in turquoise, pronounced himself to be "a son of the Godhead". He was ridiculed on television by Terry Wogan: "They're not laughing with you, David, they're laughing at you". Now David Icke is reincarnated as a spokesman for the nuttier wing of conspiracy theorists.

In 1996, David Icke published his sixth book, entitled ...and the truth shall set you free. It is modestly subtitled "the most explosive book of the twentieth century". The book was dropped by its original publisher, Gateway, forcing Icke to produce it under his own company, Bridge of Love. This has by no means dampened Icke's zeal for spreading his philosophy.

On 3rd April 1996 David Icke gave a lecture to around sixty people at Leighton Park School in Reading. Judging from their questions, most of the audience seemed unaware of the origin of his wild and irrational philosophy.

Icke's conspiracy theories weave a fantastic web of delusions, connecting everything from crop circles to the Holocaust. But his views don't even make good science fiction, let alone good honest facts, and they've all cropped up elsewhere. In a nutshell, this is his thesis:

Ordinary people are being massively duped into believing that the ordinary course of world events are the consequence of known political forces and random, uncontrollable events. However, the course of humanity is being manipulated at every level by a secret world government. This is financed by Jewish bankers and businessmen, such as the Rothschilds and David Rockefeller. A number of groups around the world are dedicated to controlling our behaviour, such as the Trilateral Commission and the Bilderberg Group.

Now you may be wondering just what nefarious activities these people could possibly get up to. Icke, of course, has the answer. These individuals arrange for incidents to occur around the world, which then elicit a response from the public ("something must be done"wink, and in turn allows those in power to do whatever they had planned to do in the first place.

David Icke's examples include the Oklahoma City bombing (the U.S. Government paid militias to carry it out), the Lockerbie bombing (the CIA did it), the Bosnian War (U.N. sponsored), and the Holocaust (initiated by Jews).

Of course, it doesn't end there. He tells us that the elite Jewish bankers are in full control of the world's economy, creaming off the interest from banks, which apparently hold only a tenth of the money they claim to have. In Icke's view, none of us need to pay either taxes or interest, although he doesn't tell us whether he refuses to pay his own tax bill. This is what the right-wing militias in the USA have been telling us all along.

From here on, we're all apparently doomed to a life of servitude to our Zionist masters. Icke fears that microchip implants are next, followed by the cashless society to control our spending. In his view, there's only one solution to all this misery - mass rebellion.

This is where his New Age philosophy comes in. We all live in "multi-dimensional consciousness," he tells us, and therefore no-one can really control our minds. All we have to do is abandon the false existence that our puppet-masters have provided for us, and the hierarchy will collapse. Simple - if only we all follow Icke's message, and presumably buy his books.

David Icke's real message, though, is far from a benign call to set ourselves free. His lectures might soften the subtext of his message, but his book reveals the full extent of his views. The bibliography in ...and the truth will set you free lists a number of right-wing journals, such as Spotlight ("excellent"wink and On Target, which both feature Holocaust revisionism. During the question-and-answer session at the end of his lecture, I asked Icke why he had referred to these publications in his book.

"I believe that people have a right to believe, to read, and have access to all information, so that they can then make up their own minds what to think," he said. "If something is a nonsense, and if something doesn't stand up, it will be shown to be a nonsense in the spotlight of the public arena."

"My personal opinion about that magazine ... is that they do some excellent research, but I do not agree with this attitude to life. For instance, the Spotlight newspaper in America is a Christian Patriot magazine. I'm neither a Christian nor a patriot, but I'm certainly not going to dismiss some of their excellent research because I don't believe in Christian Patriotism. I'm interested in truth, not defending a belief system."

So does this mean that David Icke thinks Holocaust revisionism is not a belief system? During the question-and-answer session at the end of his talk, I asked Icke twice whether he denied the Holocaust. He chose to ignore the question.

It's tempting to dismiss David Icke as a confused and ignorant man, manipulated by extremists in order to present their philosophy in a socially acceptable format. But Icke clearly understands the implications of his words.

Matthew Kalman and John Murray, editors of Open Eye magazine, investigated Icke and uncovered some disturbing facts. They claim to have observed him meeting with U.S. militia group representatives. They also identified his association with the magazine Rainbow Ark, which features articles attacking Jewish bankers and Zionism, and is alleged to be funded by members of the far-right movement.

David Icke is facing an uphill battle to spread his message. For many, the emergence of Icke's paranoid agenda is no laughing matter.

whirlysplat
Another Lizard Man

Deano
when he claimed he was the son of god..people didnt understand his meaning

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Deano
when he claimed he was the son of god..people didnt understand his meaning

I did, that hee was the son of good big grin

Fishy
According to the bible everybody is the son of god. So he is the son of god, if you believe in god.

whirlysplat
Do you believe in Lizard men Fishy?

jaden101
David Icke is the truth from san andreas

http://69.56.199.198/gtaserwisimg/gfx/sa/charact/truth.gif

Deano
link aint workin

jaden101
hence i fixed it

Deano
Originally posted by jaden101
David Icke is the truth from san andreas

http://69.56.199.198/gtaserwisimg/gfx/sa/charact/truth.gif

laughing out loud

Deano
I did, that hee was the son of good big grin

this is what icke said in defence of himself

The other foundation of the ridicule was that I had supposed to have called myself the Son of God, implying that I was Jesus or something. Ironically 'Jesus' is a 'man' I have no doubt did not exist as depicted by Christianity as I have explained in detail in some of my books. I used the term 'Son of God' in the sense of being an aspect, as I understood it at the time, of the Infinite consciousness that is everything. As I have written before, we are like droplets of water in an ocean of infinite consciousness. We are 'individual' on one level, but also part of the infinite whole. More than that, we are the infinite whole as I shall later explain. I was not trying to say I had come to save the world or anything, only that, like everyone and everything else in all existence, I was an aspect of the Infinite and not just a physical 'personality'.
If you call the Infinite consciousness 'God', I was trying to say, we are all the symbolic 'sons' and 'daughters' of 'God'. Obviously my awareness of these matters has increased dramatically since then, but that was the basis of my comments about being a 'Son of God'.

Filth
He is raving mad, however his stuff is amusing, some of his ideas make sense but most of them are just raving mad but still great fun to read.

amity75
When he first came out and announced his premonitions (Arran slipping into the sea etc) I believed him for about 2 minutes coz it was weird seeing a famous celebrity coming out with this sort of stuff. The guy's obviously mentally ill and I saw a documentary about him and his family are kinda embarassed by his behaviour.

Tptmanno1
Sounds like an old Flash Gordon or something,
"Attack of the Lizard people from the Fourth Dimension!!!"

mr.smiley
I'm one of them.

Deano
Originally posted by amity75
When he first came out and announced his premonitions (Arran slipping into the sea etc) I believed him for about 2 minutes coz it was weird seeing a famous celebrity coming out with this sort of stuff. The guy's obviously mentally ill and I saw a documentary about him and his family are kinda embarassed by his behaviour.

his family support him

whirlysplat
bump

KharmaDog
Whirly just had to bump this hoping to see the insane ramblings of Icke's followers.

I'm now goning on a trip to the fourth dimension to get myself a pair of lizardskin boots.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Whirly just had to bump this hoping to see the insane ramblings of Icke's followers.

I'm now goning on a trip to the fourth dimension to get myself a pair of lizardskin boots.

Am I that obvious, hey, I take my pleasures where I can, I am a very simple man big grin

MC Mike
Don't worry, my Fourth Dimension Hyper Transexual Ultra Taskforce will wipe out those damn lizards.

Fishy
Do you believe in Lizard men Fishy?

Of course I do they are those weird guys sitting on the front of bikes and then yelling E.T. Phone Home, and No, I am your father.

Or is that something else i'm thinking off?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.