Romero Gots Luv For His Niggaz!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
All joking aside, I think Uncle George should be applauded for, once again, giving a brother a lead role in his films! Duane Jones, Ken Foree, and now main zombie, "Big Daddy", Eugene Clark.

It's just nice to see him feature these guys who have natural acting abilities, and not some studio gangster, wanna be rapper/entertainer in an otherwise dispensible role in a Horror film.

Big up's, George.

Wolfie
You mean as opposed to movies such as Halloween Resurrection?

Cinemaddiction
Busta Rhymes in "Halloween: Resurrection", Redman in "Seed of Chucky", L.L. Cool J in "Halloween H20"...

Granted, the franchises that enlisted the "help" of these goons have very little dignity or credibility left. I'm just glad to see Romero knows he can cast a movie accordingly, with a black guy, and he not be a rapper, to sell tickets. He's banking on his namesake which is how it should be.

Wolfie
All of which lost their original directors and became franchises rather than a high class series.

tabby999
Halloween sucked from day one as far as i'm concerned. and c-dic, it is good that romero chose people who are more than a famous face. big up yaself

Zilverz
Funny

but you are absolutely correct. Romero has a nack for finding talented black men. Even if they were a college buddy. They have all been GREAT !!!!! we will see what Land yields

Dagons Blade
Amen to that. Duane Jones brought a sense of urgency and a drive to the role of Ben in NOTLD. You really believed he was fighting for everyone as well as himself. He was calm and cool and focused.
He and Karl Hardman (Harry Cooper) were PERFECT in that movie, and really complemented each other's personalities.

Ken Foree as Peter: What can ya' say? He was the man! He and Scott Reiniger were the Batman and Robin of zombie busters!

The NOTLD remake with Tony Todd as Ben was sort of nominal...while he had his own "in charge" personality, he was a bit more subdued and very unassuming upon first glance, but soon became a model of what the original Ben stood for, only a bit more intense.

Great job Mr. Romero. VERY good call!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.