The Two Sides Of The Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BAILY
We know there are two sides.. the Light Side (Jedi) and the Dark Side (Sith). Now... when a Jedi dies, he/she becomes "one" with the Force..... so when a Sith dies... do they become "one" with the Force too?? So all the good and bad energy is all rolled up into one? Are Qui-Gon and Darth Maul laughing it up over a few beers in the netherworld of the Force? Any thoughts?

dflood
sith dont
jedi do

in rotj vader tells luke that luke saved him . this meant he could become one with force .

my question is .how the hell did ani become one wi the force if he wasnt trained to by anyone for it

obit wan
Ani becomes one with the force becuase he is the force. He was born from the force. He has the most midichlorians than any other Jedi and is far more powerful. Becuase of this he doesnt need t be trained he automatically becomes a ghost since he is the force.

Boris
Instead of Blue Glowy... Red Glowy!..... maybe.. pirate

PVS
i always believed that when george came up with the concept of the force he has buddhism in mind. just the idea of having no attachment and becoming one with everything. thats the ideal of a buddhist, to have no attachment to worldly possessions, making it easier to let go of one's self and become one..

also, we learn that the 'trick' yoda, quigon, obiwan, and anakin use allows them to maintain their identity...so that would imply that normally you would lose your identity...again, buddhism.

if you are...naughty...then you dont get to become one with everything. you may spend some time in hell to be cleansed of that bad kharma, you may be forced to live a life of suffering, whatever the case you have a different fate, although perhaps you are allowed another chance once you have been purged. so no, i think maul would need to earn the right to sit back and have a beer and a smile with the jedi.

thats what i think anyway

BAILY
Originally posted by Boris
Instead of Blue Glowy... Red Glowy!..... maybe.. pirate

Oh that is a great thought.... I am glad someone has taken my thread seriously.. it is the most intelligent thread I have seen here in some time....

PVS
Originally posted by dflood
sith dont
jedi do

in rotj vader tells luke that luke saved him . this meant he could become one with force .

my question is .how the hell did ani become one wi the force if he wasnt trained to by anyone for it

i believe yoda helped him. people have a knee jerk reastion of "THATS STUPID" but i have to ask them, why else did yoda bother becoming one with the force then? he had no role in the deathstar confrontation....so why then?

jerlark386
Originally posted by BAILY
We know there are two sides.. the Light Side (Jedi) and the Dark Side (Sith). Now... when a Jedi dies, he/she becomes "one" with the Force..... so when a Sith dies... do they become "one" with the Force too?? So all the good and bad energy is all rolled up into one? Are Qui-Gon and Darth Maul laughing it up over a few beers in the netherworld of the Force? Any thoughts?

Lol! Sounds like a photoshop project to me.

Qui-Gon: "So, it seems you have yet another replacement."

Darth Maul: *shakes head disapprovingly* "I don't know. This Anakin guy sure looks like a real pussy."

Darth Maul: *points at afterlife crystal ball* "Trained by a Jedi. You can definitely tell. WTF kinda move was that?! Noone wonder why he gets chopped up"

Qui - Gon: "Well I for one think it was good try. Maybe it could've worked, but that'll be when you start looking pretty."

Darth Maul:*laughs out loud. Later rubs horns self- conciously.

Darth Maul: "You know, maybe I should sharpen these a bit more."

Ani's Girl
I read that on the 2004 Trilogy release, they have put Hayden Christensen's Anakin in place of Sebastian Snow (sp?) when Luke sees his father, Yoda, and Obi Wan. I checked my copy, and sure enough, there it was...

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by dflood
sith dont
jedi do

If your a jedi you automatically become one with the force, maybe even that youngling who tried to protect that Organa guy became one with the force.

DarkAge
Originally posted by Ani's Girl
I read that on the 2004 Trilogy release, they have put Hayden Christensen's Anakin in place of Sebastian Snow (sp?) when Luke sees his father, Yoda, and Obi Wan. I checked my copy, and sure enough, there it was...

Really? That's interesting. You should start a discussion about that.

chilled monkey
Sith do indeed join the Dark Side upon death. Sufficiently powerful ones such as Exar Kun are able to communicate with the living. They appear as shadowy, black spirits instead of blue, glowy ones.

Sadako of Girth
Maybe the Sith Materialise in Otoh Gunga, their spirits are in a small white room tied to an etherial chair while they are forced to watch and listen to Jar-Jar's deceased ancestors performing unneccessary and unamusing slapstick ALL day EVERY day for the rest of the afterlife, with matchsticks in their eyes keeping them open so they don't miss a single thing...

Wasn't it Sartre who said "Hell is other people"?
Well especially in THAT scenario....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.