gladiator vs karate kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikedgravity
okay so what do you say? can KK take out gladys?

Dizzle
Karate Kid's good... but not that good. We calls it heat vision, folks. Oh, and the 100x light speed thing doesn't hurt either.

mikedgravity
but what if karate kid got the first punch?

Dizzle
But he wouldn't... That's like saying "what if Flash got hit by a truck?"

If he was standing still and got hit by a car, Flash would probly die. But it's just not gonna happen...

mikedgravity
you think in such absolute terms. so i will say if karate kid got the first punch Gladys would go down.

Dizzle
Possible, but doubtful still. KK probly would, through some non-existant pressure point, if he got the first hit in. Seriously, you wouldn't think pressure points would work on someone who can fly through stars and such... KK still won't get a hit in though. Glads is just way the hell too fast.

leonidas
glads has been hit repeatedly by thor and hulk, wonderman, colossus, . . . and by like a thousand other guys he's battled! what makes you think he wouldn't get hit in THIS particular fight?

whirlysplat
I am worried Nemesis Kid beat KK more than once everyone ignores this big grin

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
glads has been hit repeatedly by thor and hulk, wonderman, colossus, . . . and by like a thousand other guys he's battled! what makes you think he wouldn't get hit in THIS particular fight?
hmm

Bloodlust
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first picosecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

that's why.

Speeder get hit all the time in comics which shouldn't happend.

Flash , SS , Gladiator , Superman , Quasar , CM etc all get hit but in forum we assume they are using there speed in battle , and going all out

leonidas
<<hmm

Bloodlust
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first picosecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

that's why.>>

coolio. 2 things though - if this is implied, thor should be 'mad' in every battle he's in. he wasn't altered in any way (ie he was still THOR, he was simply in full battle fury). that thor beat the crap out of ss and the the infinity watch combined and even stalemated thanos - and all this BEFORE he got the power gem!

and second, while it's true richards clocked glads at some ungodly velocity, this, er, '100x lightspeed' (where'd you get that by the way, kg? was that what richards said?) is the most OVERUSED PHRASE on the f'n forum! he has never demonstrated that ability in battle - and don't tell me kg that he attacked thor at '100x lightspeed' in any of their fights - think for a moment how fast that would REALLY be. he has shown an ability to move fast, granted, but none of the fights i've seen him in have him FIGHTING at superspeed. attacking on occasion, yes (ie when he kicked thor's hammer away, or when grabbed hulk - which wasn't '100x lightspeed' either! if it was they'd have been somewhere around jupiter instead of the upper atmosphere!)

IF your bloodlust thing was true (and truly assumed) NO ONE would beat glads in this forum OR in comics - which is clearly not the case. did you ever think that maybe that one time he was said to be MOVING at '100x lightspeed' was the 'bad writing', and that all subsequent appearances (where he is often beaten and these defeats chalked up to 'bad writing') where he clearly is NOT travelling that fast are the more true indications of his power?

in a comic KK WOULD CERTAINLY land blows, and would certainly have a chance to defeat glads.

The MISTER
WHAT ARE KK's ABILITIES CAUSE I'M NOT UNDERSTANDING THESE THREADS!

Sentry
Won't kid die if Glads lands a solid punch?

whirlysplat
He is more resilient than people give him credit he can fight Daxamites, They are a bit like Gladiator really Supes knock offs, but Nemesis kid killed him, So Gladiator might big grin

kgkg
Ok then Thor own Superman even more smile , But Mad Thor is out of character ( that's the evil version on Thor) Thor (normal) when good isn't that good even when mad.

overused by who ? most people don't know much about Gladiator.

Gladiator has used his speed against Ego etc he has shown to be faster than light itself. (How is it bad writing, for someone who moves around galaxies?, never in the comic it states Gladiators speed limits , in fact it been said to be beyond light)

Silver Surfer get’s hit in battle – He has shown to be able to dodge things in less that a microsecond, and have moved in Nanoseconds before. you won't see this is battle because it will be boring seeing Silver Surfer blow all his opponent using beyond light speed and world blowing attacks.

Same reason why Flash's comic don't last microsecond smile

Flash get’s hit in his comics, Superman get’s hit by people slower than him.

I see what you are saying leo , but the thing is any speedster than is fighting slower people , usually in comics they two are trading punches.

Say we have Hulk vs Flash (we assume that Hulk won't even touch Flash) because he has shown he can move that fast. Etc.

If we don’t use what they have shown and go by when they got hit than

Flash vs Hulk – Hulk will murder him since in comic Flash has been hit time after time in battle. etc

whirlysplat
Wrong thread Kg the Glad Supes thread is shut big grin by Paola, this has happened to me before big grin

Originally posted by kgkg
Ok then Thor own Superman even more smile , But Mad Thor is out of character ( that's the evil version on Thor) Thor (normal) when good isn't that good even when mad.

overused by who ? most people don't know much about Gladiator.

Gladiator has used his speed against Ego etc he has shown to be faster than light itself. (How is it bad writing, for someone who moves around galaxies?, never in the comic it states Gladiators speed limits , in fact it been said to be beyond light)

Silver Surfer get’s hit in battle – He has shown to be able to dodge things in less that a microsecond, and have moved in Nanoseconds before. you won't see this is battle because it will be boring seeing Silver Surfer blow all his opponent using beyond light speed and world blowing attacks.

Same reason why Flash's comic don't last microsecond smile

Flash get’s hit in his comics, Superman get’s hit by people slower than him.

I see what you are saying leo , but the thing is any speedster than is fighting slower people , usually in comics they two are trading punches.

Say we have Hulk vs Flash (we assume that Hulk won't even touch Flash) because he has shown he can move that fast. Etc.

If we don’t use what they have shown and go by when they got hit than

Flash vs Hulk – Hulk will murder him since in comic Flash has been hit time after time in battle. etc

kgkg
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Wrong thread Kg the Glad Supes thread is shut big grin by Paola, this has happened to me before big grin

Paola sad

leonidas

kgkg
big grin flash has clearly shown the ability to fight at super speed because that's all his got. Like Quicksilver is always moving fast while fighting, while Superman in the other hand is not he is usually trading punches with slower punks because it's hard to demonstrate all his powers at once.

i agree somewhat , that's the main reason they don't use speed with gladiator as much beacuse of his strength. and he did use speed in battles , but only for short preiod of time ( stupid writters)

- Gladiator speed blitz ego the living planet
- Gladiator took hulk to space before he knew what was happening ( that's fast)
- Gladiator knocked thor's hammer going really fast.

say we have Gladiator vs Thor - What is stopping Gladiator from knocking his hammer.

He has clearly shown that Thor can't even come close to his speed.

He doesn't get hit more than say Superman, because he can't take those hits.

Gladiator does use Speed in battle.

- he knock Masterson, and went really fast behind him while Thor was still going back from Gladiators punch etc Gladiator does show speed , but it's not like the flash were it's 24/7.

As for how fast he can go, well we don’t have to guess it’s provided in comics

leonidas
we agree on almost everything here. glads might not kick the hammer away next time because thor appeared 'surprised' at that attack. you're saying what i was implying - speed attacks are based on common sense. it's why i hate the 'speedblitz' thing. if a character uses it once in a comic, it's okay for the forum.

fine. then play that out ALL the way, and consistently (not you particularly, kg, you in the generic sense). spidey beat firelord and knocked pc supes for a loop, hence any thread with spidey in it where someone claims it's POSSIBLE for spidey to win (because he beat firleord!), should be acceptable. the forum seems to accept SOME things in these battles, but not others. you can't 'logic out' most of these things because they're inherently ILLOGICAL. that's why i try to base my opinions on what has been shown MOST often. bad writing can show a character MORE powerful than he should be, as easily as it can show a character being LESS powerful.

based on the general trend, KK would definitely hit glads in h2h, and so has a chance in this battle - unless glads blasts him from afar, shockwaves to unbalance him, uses a sonic boom, etc . . .

by the way, good points, and a decent discussion. what the forum SHOULD be!

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
we agree on almost everything here. glads might not kick the hammer away next time because thor appeared 'surprised' at that attack. you're saying what i was implying - speed attacks are based on common sense. it's why i hate the 'speedblitz' thing. if a character uses it once in a comic, it's okay for the forum.

fine. then play that out ALL the way, and consistently (not you particularly, kg, you in the generic sense). spidey beat firelord and knocked pc supes for a loop, hence any thread with spidey in it where someone claims it's POSSIBLE for spidey to win (because he beat firleord!), should be acceptable. the forum seems to accept SOME things in these battles, but not others. you can't 'logic out' most of these things because they're inherently ILLOGICAL. that's why i try to base my opinions on what has been shown MOST often. bad writing can show a character MORE powerful than he should be, as easily as it can show a character being LESS powerful.

based on the general trend, KK would definitely hit glads in h2h, and so has a chance in this battle - unless glads blasts him from afar, shockwaves to unbalance him, uses a sonic boom, etc . . .

by the way, good points, and a decent discussion. what the forum SHOULD be!
Spidy defeating Firelord was not logical.

I mean 10 ton vs cosmic herald?

As for Gladiator nothing is impossible (he has done things like that)

I guess most people here don't go by trend.

They do it more like Role playing (including me) actually I don't know many who does it your way.

Each debate people are saying shit like:

Flash: will knock him out in micro second
Strange: will teleport them to different dimension
Silver Surfer: will attack with world destroying attacks, and attack beyond light speed.
Magneto: will dumb people in a black hole
Prof- X: will shut their mind
Etc most of these shit don’t even happen in comics often , rarely

If you look at most debate feats are brought more than trend ( from forum rule) you know

leonidas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.