Should we boycott Tom Cruise and his little Martain movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Tired Hiker
Like seriously, Tom is out of control! This guy is suddenly doing all these weird things like, voicing his opinion. *ahem* embarrasment But, if you ever see that girl he's going out with, she always looks like she's sad underneath. She knows that all his fancy cars and trips to Paris won't be enough to make up for his Napoleon complex that will drive her to insanity.

Then, there's Steven Spielberg. erm I wish he'd get over this boner he has for putting Tom Cruise in his movies. Same as the Ron Howard/Russel Crowe boner. It's like, jeez, move on already. Granted, 'Master and Commander' is one of he greatest films of all time, but Russel seems to think he's above everyone else. These guys don't deserve the work they get. They have too much of a voice, and they are so opinionated it almost makes me sick. erm

I say we boycott 'War Of The Worlds'. Don't give Tom and Steve their pie! no expression yes

Cipher
Why the hell would you boycott what looks like a cool movie?

Too much of a voice? When an actor becomes very sucessful, that's one
of the benefits.

Admittedly, I'm not a Cruise fan but this film looks interesting.......

botankus
I don't have a problem with Cruise. It's the other schmucks in Hollywood that are ruining everything.

Clovie
i don't like tom cruise anyway, so boycotting his movies is kinda natural for moi.

Bardock42
War of the World...will probably suck anyways....stupid Spielberg trying to make Sci Fi movies....

KharmaDog
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
Like seriously, Tom is out of control! This guy is suddenly doing all these weird things like, voicing his opinion. *ahem* embarrasment But, if you ever see that girl he's going out with, she always looks like she's sad underneath. She knows that all his fancy cars and trips to Paris won't be enough to make up for his Napoleon complex that will drive her to insanity.

Then, there's Steven Spielberg. erm I wish he'd get over this boner he has for putting Tom Cruise in his movies. Same as the Ron Howard/Russel Crowe boner. It's like, jeez, move on already. Granted, 'Master and Commander' is one of he greatest films of all time, but Russel seems to think he's above everyone else. These guys don't deserve the work they get. They have too much of a voice, and they are so opinionated it almost makes me sick. erm

I say we boycott 'War Of The Worlds'. Don't give Tom and Steve their pie! no expression yes

So is this problem you have against Cruise, Spielberg, Crowe or Howard? Why the hate on for Tom? What has he ever done? A few crap movies, a few good movies, and that's pretty much it. Never said anything bad about anyone. Actually has helped the career of others and is willing to step out of the spotlight if it helps a friend or is better for the movie.

I'm not a huge fan of Cruise, but I don't hate him, I wouldn't even say I dislike him. He has shown an ability to act which is a skill that is void in the repertoire of many of today's actors, and he seems like a genuinely nice person. So he's gone a bit crazy, so what.

You sound like a bitter little man envious of the life and accomplishments of others. Stop your whining and get your own life. And if you don't want to go see his movies, or anyone else's, then don't. I doubt they'll give two shits or not either way. If your ass isn't in that seat, someone else's will be.

Bardock42
Well yes..I dot mind Cruise...but the movie will suxxor the big one 1111!!!111!!!

finti
I wish they used the original story for the movie

Bardock42
Originally posted by finti
I wish they used the original story for the movie

they didn't even do that? .....Bastards

Jackie Malfoy
No reason too to ban it.So I say no.JM

Bardock42

debbiejo
I'm going to see it...I love Sci Fi...After I see it, then I can voice my opinion...No use talkin about something I've haven't seen..That would be ignorant.

Bardock42
well what I mean is...I want watch it in the Cinema ...I will wait for the TV premiere....and then I can tell you that I was right and it didn't only look sucky in the preview but it was really bad in general.

ickeris2003
I dont have a problem with Tom because he is one of my fav. actors. But he hasbeen acting really weird lately with katie and all including his weird religion. But I cant wait till this movie comes out since Im a big fan of aliens and the destruction of earth.

PVS
my favorite film with tom cruise is rain man smile

Bardock42
He made good movies I agree...and I don't doubt that he will again...just this one seems so....wrong......well I am usually bored so I might actually watch it...but nothing too special

PVS
i have yet to see a reason why we should boycott the film.
because you dont like his opinion? well i think schwarzenegger is
a frikin nazi, but that never stopped me from watching his films...

finti
point is Deb that they change the original story of it and made the events to happen in USA instead of The British Isles, so this is why I have aint to keen on it

debbiejo
point is Deb that they change the original story of it and made the events to happen in USA instead of The British Isles, so this is why I have aint to keen on it

OH, but their changing story lines all the time in movies...I think the special effects will probably be neat...

jaden101
i know...lets squirt tom cruise in the face with a water pistol...then he can get upset and call us a bunch of jerks

thats not very original is it... but then neither is his latest film

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
OH, but their changing story lines all the time in movies...I think the special effects will probably be neat...

Err what maddox says aboot special effects is true....when they are in every scene they are not special anymore.

Originally posted by jaden101
i know...lets squirt tom cruise in the face with a water pistol...then he can get upset and call us a bunch of jerks

thats not very original is it... but then neither is his latest film

Actually he had a good reason, those guys were jerks.....

jaden101
http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=15169&cachedarticleaction=streamingpopup

debbiejo
Sorry, haven't seen many previews...I just like Sci Fi.

Bardock42
Well yes, I have seen that...what's the big deal...he behaved very nice...if some stranger I am doing a favor would squirt water on me I'd give him a good punch to the face.

PVS
yeah, i agree, that was wrong of him to call him a jerk.
instead he should have smacked the shit out of that prick.

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
Sorry, haven't seen many previews...I just like Sci Fi.

Oh I love Sci Fi (well mostly books) but that doesn't mean I have to warch every Sci-Fi movie that is being made

jaden101
indeed...i agree...but tom couldn't reach over the barrier...poor lad

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
yeah, i agree, that was wrong of him to call him a jerk.
instead he should have smacked the shit out of that prick.

Absolutely...well he is a person in the spot light so he can deal with these situations but there are people that would do far worse things.

jaden101
Originally posted by Bardock42
Absolutely...well he is a person in the spot light so he can deal with these situations but there are people that would do far worse things.

haha...imagine he squirted russel crowe in the face... laughing

Bardock42
He had his reasons for not doing that I believe stick out tongue

finti
sure is gonna see this flick though cause the effects look great

mr.smiley
tom Cruise and Stephen Speilburg = a freaking masterpiece

Fionnuala
I love Master and Commander droolio

Bardock42
I liked Minority Report...not awesome but pretty good.....we'll see

PVS

he would have ended up in the hospital as opposed to simply being embarrassed on tv.

WindDancer
Tom Cruise sucks thumb down

amity75
I got REALLY pissed off when Tom started trying to steal the show at the batman premiere. Short arsed little ****.

Oswald Kenobi
I am not going to see War of the Worlds, but not because I'm boycotting the film. It just doesn't look like a good movie based on the previews I've seen. I'm sure the word of mouth will change my mind if the movie is decent, but Tom Cruise seems out of place in this movie to me.

Clovie
one question:

Is war of the worlds made of that book? confused

WindDancer
yes

finti
yeah H.G Wells wrote it and it came out in 1898

Cinemaddiction
War of the World...will probably suck anyways....stupid Spielberg trying to make Sci Fi movies....

You should reeeeeeeally add a smilie next to that to get your sarcasm across, because Spielberg is godly when it comes to Sci Fi films.

Clovie
thank you
i couldn't remind myslef author embarrasment
but i've read that big grin

and it is that story what caused that massive panic in the USA in 50's smart

periera

Did you know that the person that did that may be facing legal charges of assault?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I mean, yeah it was a pissy thing to do....but assault?

As for the movie, I can't wait to see it, it looks great. I think Tom Cruise is a very talented actor and (as someone said earlier) genuinely nice guy. This stuff with Katie Holmes lately seems a bit retarded, but other than that he's never done anything to really piss me off.

Cinemaddiction
1938, but yeah. The original movie by Byron Haskin, special effects by George Pal, was fantastic and its influenced Sci Fi movies for the past 50 years even into today.

finti
1938 Orson Welles radio broadcst of War Of The Worlds

finti
yea didnt see your post there Cin

Clovie
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
1938, but yeah. The original movie by Byron Haskin, special effects by George Pal, was fantastic and its influenced Sci Fi movies for the past 50 years even into today. i didn't know they've made a movie about it already

and as for the 1938...i was mistakes only by 12 years bag

finti
actually a harsh mistake if you gonna guess a womans age she is being 38 and your guess is 50 big grin

debbiejo
Can you imagine people really jumping out of their windows thinking it was a true broadcast?

Clovie
actually a harsh mistake if you gonna guess a womans age she is being 38 and your guess is 50 big grin i know...
actually i failed one question at exam coz i was mistaken by 3 milimetres...so bag

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Clovie
i didn't know they've made a movie about it already

and as for the 1938...i was mistakes only by 12 years bag

Well, the first "WOTW" movie was in 1953, so, you're 1/2 right. yes

Bardock42
You should reeeeeeeally add a smilie next to that to get your sarcasm across, because Spielberg is godly when it comes to Sci Fi films.

What smiley are you talking aboot confused.....stick out tongue

Clovie
Well, the first "WOTW" movie was in 1953, so, you're 1/2 right. yes eek! so i remembered right..it had something to do with 50's embarrasment thankyou

botankus
What smiley are you talking aboot confused.....stick out tongue

I think he meant this one:

beer

Bardock42
Beer = Bad

pepsi = good

Clovie
BLah

coke is better.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Clovie
BLah

coke is better.

HELL NO

Clovie
but it is. it's less sweet than pepsi messed

manny321
well instead of revenge of the sith and Batman this is the only true blockbuster of the summer.

ragesRemorse

You better be carefull what you say hiker. I heard that they are assembeling a task force that hones in on negative comments said about tom cruise. Beware the cruise police.

The Tired Hiker
Originally posted by KharmaDog
So is this problem you have against Cruise, Spielberg, Crowe or Howard? Why the hate on for Tom? What has he ever done? A few crap movies, a few good movies, and that's pretty much it. Never said anything bad about anyone. Actually has helped the career of others and is willing to step out of the spotlight if it helps a friend or is better for the movie.

I'm not a huge fan of Cruise, but I don't hate him, I wouldn't even say I dislike him. He has shown an ability to act which is a skill that is void in the repertoire of many of today's actors, and he seems like a genuinely nice person. So he's gone a bit crazy, so what.

You sound like a bitter little man envious of the life and accomplishments of others. Stop your whining and get your own life. And if you don't want to go see his movies, or anyone else's, then don't. I doubt they'll give two shits or not either way. If your ass isn't in that seat, someone else's will be. laughing laughing out loud

The Tired Hiker
Originally posted by mr.smiley
tom Cruise and Stephen Speilburg = a freaking masterpiece

I disagree. I don't like Tom Cruise's acting. His range is weak. Girls think he's hot and that's about it. Also, Speilberg lost his sauce after Jurassic Park. AI sucked, Minority Report sucked, and this War of the Worlds movie will be boring and just the same ol' lame CG crap. erm

The Tired Hiker
Originally posted by KharmaDog
You sound like a bitter little man envious of the life and accomplishments of others. Stop your whining and get your own life. And if you don't want to go see his movies, or anyone else's, then don't. I doubt they'll give two shits or not either way. If your ass isn't in that seat, someone else's will be.

Okay, I finally stopped laughing. But seriously, I think my boycott is working quite well. I think my efforts will hurt the success of this film. smile

PVS
"If your ass isn't in that seat, someone else's will be."

indeed laughing out loud great line!!

The Tired Hiker
Originally posted by PVS
"If your ass isn't in that seat, someone else's will be."

indeed laughing out loud great line!!

Oh my God, that was soooooooooo great. roll eyes (sarcastic) Probably some noisly little kid will be sitting in that seat eating popcorn with his cell phone going off. And he can have that seat! Better him being bored off his ass than me. Whoa, my producer and my director just got into a fight in the control room! confused Later!

Fionnuala
I voted for Cedric happy

BackFire
Tom Cruise has been acting like a little vagina as of late.

WindDancer
Oookay, I smell a rat here. According to certain reports film critics have been barred from reviewing this movie. It seems Paramount doesn't want critics to give an early review. I personally don't care about critics but I think this is BS. What is Paramount and Spielberg worried about? Do they feel the critics are gonna hate it so badly that they going to bomb it? Like WTF is that the reason why Cruise has made himself the center of attention these past weeks? Too suspicious indeed.

PVS
the answer to that is simple

its a flop, and they know it

whenever they pull this shit (hollywood) its because they know their movie sucks but maybe if its kept under a veil till opening weekend they can scoop up like 50 million and still turn over a profit, by suckering the audience. be ready to demand your money back. dont let them win this scam game. if it sucks halfway through, get off your ass, go to the counter and get your money back. let them know they cant get away with hyped up scam jobs.

disappointing this news is sad

Trickster

If I was going to boycott it, it would be because Hollywood keeps changing the story so that America is the the main country, no as it was originally written.

MildPossession
Well I love the look of the new film, enjoyed their last teaming for Minority Report, so am looking forwards to this movie immensely.

As for Tom Cruise, have no problem with him, even if he's gone a bit out there with his scientology beliefs and Katie Holmes.

whirlysplat
Tom is a Jaffa and the gay subtext in topgun shows where he really wants to be.

He is a dwarf.

A dianetics and Scientology loon, eg auditing his "kids" etc.

It will still be an entertaining film.

Even though HG Well's is turning in his Grave.

Do we know if it has tripods big grin

PVS
yes it does...i caught a quick glympse in the tv spot

Mr Parker
Yeah because its Tom Cruise I will just wait till it comes to the librarys and rent it for free.

manny321
well actually some reviewers on Tv said it was really good. I think it ten times better then the crap hollywood has out know PVS. Expect for Rots and Batman what is there this summer??

PVS
Originally posted by manny321
well actually some reviewers on Tv said it was really good. I think it ten times better then the crap hollywood has out know PVS. Expect for Rots and Batman what is there this summer??

dude, for a second i though you said "especially RotS" and i was almost overcome with rage! stick out tongue

but yea, im going to go see it anyway. if it sucks though, im getting my money back. i urge you all to do the same.

Robo-Chocobo
I actually have the original 1938 radio broadcast on my iPod. I ****ing kid you not that it is probably one of the tensest things you will ever listen to.

It has one original small warning at the beggining of the radio broadcast then they go strait into it. starts with a music performance in some city...then they have reports of hydrogen flares on mars...then pods crash into the earth......anyway if I can I will try to post it.......seriously the first half is so tense......and back then they had no commercials.

I would so have believed this if I lived back then. Until the end of the first half.....it acts like real news reports.....

I also see no reason to boycott the movie.

When your as successful as he is....you do have the privalege of voicing your opinion.

heck, I think it's great he's taken such stand against all these doctors trying to dope kids and teenagers like myself up with ritalin. sure his scientology is wacko, but meh, nothing is perfect.

sk8stuff09
tom cruise is stupid

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by Fionnuala
I voted for Cedric happy

Cedric the Entertainer?
confused

manny321
Oh tom many things will come soon.

If War of the worlds becomes a hit he will become as popular as ever.
If the movie flops you will see the end of his crazy days.

I think it will be a hit becuase its the only other tentpole film this summer and there is a lack of great films since ROTS so its likely people will watch it.

RedAlertv2
I am attempting to get a hold of the original 1938 radio broadcast. As for the new movie, I plan on seeing it, unless it gets absolutely terrible reviews. I think it looks really cool

Mr Parker
Originally posted by sk8stuff09
tom cruise is stupid

and extremely over rated as an actor.

Imperial_Samura
I don't plan on boycotting the movie just because Tom Cruise is something of a Tosser in real life, I still have great hopes it will be quite good. And I guess people don't usually go to see Tom Cruise, but rather the character he portrays, so with any luck his, hmmm, eccentricity, won't ruin the film.

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
Cedric the Entertainer?
confused Indeed..happy

Imperial_Samura
It would appear that, in Australia at least, people have decided the movie is good, and that they have decided that Tom's real life antics won't stop them seeing it.

DeVi| D0do
I don't see why people care what he does with his life...

BlackC@t
War or the Worlds doesn't look that appealing to me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.