If Star Trek fans are trekkies.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
..... then what are SW fans? You've got Trekkies and Windies (Gone With the Wind fans)..... but what about SW? A Star Wars-onite? A Star Wars-ie? I've heard of "Star Wars Geek" but that that's not a catchy one-worder like Trekkie....

As a new member to Star Wars Geekdom, (yes I've enjoyed SW movies before but never with such intensity as after having seen ROTS) can someone please enlighen me on the subject?

DeVi| D0do
Geeks.

Swanky-Tuna
Maybe we should call them "nerdi"

Eleonora
Good one kalsemo. Personally I call myself a SW fan. Full stop.

DeVi| D0do
I'm a geek and proud of it!

DenKi
ok nice one,

I saw alot of Trekkie fans at the Episode 2 and 3 showings and they were chanting "Jedi Poodoo, Jedi Poodoo!"

they got there heads kick in, shortly after

LordSorgo
Originally posted by DenKi
ok nice one,

I saw alot of Trekkie fans at the Episode 2 and 3 showings and they were chanting "Jedi Poodoo, Jedi Poodoo!"

they got there heads kick in, shortly after laughing out loud

grey fox
whoa

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by DenKi
ok nice one,

they got there heads kick in, shortly after
I imagine the fight looked something like this.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/geekery/clashofthenerds.gif

Ani's Girl
I was a Trekkie back in the day, but I never enjoyed anything as much as the original series.

I enjoy Star Wars as well. If Star Trek fans are Trekkies, are we Warries???

Mist
been there, done that.....

Mist
Originally posted by Ani's Girl
I was a Trekkie back in the day, but I never enjoyed anything as much as the original series.

I enjoy Star Wars as well. If Star Trek fans are Trekkies, are we Warries???

and i think the answer was warsies....i dunno.....someone will correct me sometime...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Mist
and i think the answer was warsies....i dunno.....someone will correct me sometime...

LOL that sounds dangerously close to daisies....NOT cool!

~wickerman~

PVS
i've heard them refered to as "warsies"

i just say "star wars geek"

a title i wear with pride big grin

dflood
just say you like star wars . then you cant be cattergorised

adamrubin
Warries

Skull Skata
I prefer to be called jedi geek

vader519
We are jedi, we are sith. We are waht ever we want to be. We can wookies, anything we want.

Darth Halo
we are warriors j/k I wouldn't have any idea what the hell we are called but my buddy called me a star warsian.

Captain REX
I think we had the same identical thread awhile back. It ended in pointless bickering. big grin

Lana
We had a thread like this in the OTF. I think we decided on Star Nerds laughing out loud

Captain REX
Indeed. THEN the bickering. big grin

Lana
Yup. Like that stupid thread someone started called "who's sick of all the SW fans" that was utterly hijacked big grin

Captain REX
Indeed! And that was fun, because I made the guy look like a complete fool. big grin

Lana
Not the one last night roll eyes (sarcastic) it was one from about a month and a half ago. I had immediately derailed it. Sorta like the one last night stick out tongue

Darth Halo
Hey captain rex thanks for the backup in the how come anakin can kill dooku forum I am sick and tired of a-holes being pricks to other people that are new. they think that everything revolves around them. these type of forums are for people to discuss what is on their minds about the things they like and don't like about star wars or whatever. this is not for the anti social

Darth Plagueis
I guess, since being a fan of both, my skull should simply implode, and I will dissapear for days on end...(again).....

Mist
I like being called normal, but its hard when i hang around you nerds stick out tongue

matreid
I think were just referred to as Star Wars Geeks.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
I guess, since being a fan of both, my skull should simply implode, and I will dissapear for days on end...(again).....

You are going into my quotes in my profile. big grin

Jack Daniels
forcejunkies

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by Captain REX
You are going into my quotes in my profile. big grin laughing

Wickerman
Nobody actually calls me a SW "anything". Geek, Nerd, whatever..none of that. I guess over here everybody loves Star Wars big grin

~wickerman~

Darth Plagueis
Everyone (well, most people) love Star Wars here, there just seems to be some (new) rule that you have to be in one camp or another, and not a fan of both.

ILoveHayden
I consider myself a Star Wars Geek. And I'm Proud! I have it on my AOL pro. I have no shame. And evryone kno's it. smile cool

dgeniu
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
forcejunkies

wink

SuperFooB
On the Tech TV special they had about Star Wars fans they called us StarWoids.

Wickerman
Originally posted by SuperFooB
On the Tech TV special they had about Star Wars fans they called us StarWoids.

That has potential....though it sounds kinda ......large.....makes me think that all SW fans are fat....which they're not sad

~wickerman~

dgeniu
Originally posted by Wickerman
That has potential....though it sounds kinda ......large.....makes me think that all SW fans are fat....which they're not sad

~wickerman~

Makes me feel like one of those big round spheric droids the Empire used to probe Hoth... Wierd feeling... like Im supposed to go "beep-beep" and levitate... confused

Wickerman
Originally posted by dgeniu
Makes me feel like one of those big round spheric droids the Empire used to probe Hoth... Wierd feeling... like Im supposed to go "beep-beep" and levitate... confused

I can do with the bleep bleep...but the levitating HAS to go sista'

~wickerman~

dgeniu
Good thing they`re not calling us "forceoids"...

jedioids - stupid
sithoids - even stupider

Oh, what, but what`s wrong with Star Wars fans? We don`t have to find something that resembles "trekkies" or "windies" (lol) or any other "-ies/-ois" ended name! We have our own identity! We`re Star Wars fans!

Swanky-Tuna
Nerdi!

dgeniu
Nope. SW fans.

Wickerman
Oh, what, but what`s wrong with Star Wars fans? We don`t have to find something that resembles "trekkies" or "windies" (lol) or any other "-ies/-ois" ended name! We have our own identity! We`re Star Wars fans!

Because we need a short catchy name to use. Like...Trekkies stick out tongue

~wickerman~

grey fox
Someone called me a trekkie once i told them that i would rather have my teeth pulled out with pliers and razor hot wire forced down my nostrils before watching star trek i'm a star wars and doctor who fan I told them ....they looked at me wierd

which just go's to prove you that a lot of peopel are idiots

dgeniu
Because we need a short catchy name to use. Like...Trekkies stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Then I`ll stick with "warsies"!

Wickerman
Then I`ll stick with "warsies"!

like i said earlier....warsies sounds too much like daisies.....bleh....

~wickerman~

dgeniu
OMG! My lack of attention is inexcusable! Errmm... forceises? I`m out of ideas... stick out tongue

Wickerman
OMG! My lack of attention is inexcusable! Errmm... forceises? I`m out of ideas... stick out tongue

Forcers would definitely sound a bit freaky.......and would probably lead to a few sexual harrassment law suites......and the Baptist Church calling us rapists sad

~wickerman~

kalsemo
"windies" (lol)

Yup, that's what GWTW fans are called... Windies.... I know, b/c I am one! But now after having seen ROTS I think that it is my favorite movie above GWTW.... and that's saying a LOT.............

kalsemo
Heres an idea......"Swites"???? (Combining "SW" and "ites"wink

Jack Daniels
honestly back in 70s force junkies was first term i ever heard used for SW fans...i was in gradeschool like 1st or second or something...i know i was in school but that had already been adopted as term for us, also many older people(older than I evenwheelchair) said trek and starwars were ripoffs of dune? i never here that nowadays but after researching could be truth to it...any wheelchair folks to comment on this?

DenKi
What about the Lord of the Rings Foak

Jack Daniels
what you mean? are lord of the rings fans called :lord of the rings foak"? or you just wonder what the LOTR fans called?

Ani's Girl
Trek was out in 67, how old is Dune? Or were the books much older?

Jack Daniels
books older from research i seen on net...that and what i heard as yougling makes me wonder of truth to the ripoff theory ...

Ani's Girl
I don't remember the Dune story, so I really can't comment. I enjoyed the original Star Trek when I was younger, but never got into any of the sequel series.

That, and now that I think Shatner is a total a$$, I don't care to watch much of the original anymore either.

Jack Daniels
well he didnt hold up being "kirk"in real life no dount or arguement there but hes just a dude....plus he lost his wife...that had to of hurt his fan appearance image as far as the way he acted...I dont know... he was being ass before that but loss of wife just woof...that would not be something I would want to or could imagine going thru....I felt for the fella

Ani's Girl
Me too, but as you said, he was an a$$ even before that.

Wickerman
honestly back in 70s force junkies was first term i ever heard used for SW fans...i was in gradeschool like 1st or second or something...i know i was in school but that had already been adopted as term for us, also many older people(older than I evenwheelchair) said trek and starwars were ripoffs of dune? i never here that nowadays but after researching could be truth to it...any wheelchair folks to comment on this?

Make a thread about this, PM me to tell me you've done it and i'll answer to it (the Literature and EU SW forum sounds like the right place).

~wickerman~

Jack Daniels
u got dune info post it now kalsemo wont mind...lol...but Ive already started 13 threads in my short time here so no posting threads fer me unles its real big deal or Im a lot more wasteded

Wickerman
Fine then. NO. There are incredibly few similarities between SW and Dune. One is the comparison of Dune with Tattooine, which is blatant idiocy and whoever says that will burn in hell but be tortured by Frank Herbert's ghost until they get there. Anakin CANNOT be compared to Muad'dib by ANY means, the Bene Gesserit CANNOT be compared to the Jedi or Sith in ANY way logical. The only thing that may come near is the Guild that may have some sort of apparent likeness to the Trade Federation. But that argument is idiocy as well, because they're only traders and that's all. So basically NO. Need more? Ask away and i'll answer...

~wickerman~

Darth_Rankkor
Fine then. NO. There are incredibly few similarities between SW and Dune. One is the comparison of Dune with Tattooine, which is blatant idiocy and whoever says that will burn in hell but be tortured by Frank Herbert's ghost until they get there. Anakin CANNOT be compared to Muad'dib by ANY means, the Bene Gesserit CANNOT be compared to the Jedi or Sith in ANY way logical. The only thing that may come near is the Guild that may have some sort of apparent likeness to the Trade Federation. But that argument is idiocy as well, because they're only traders and that's all. So basically NO. Need more? Ask away and i'll answer...

~wickerman~

Agreed. Couldn't be more right about it. There is no similarity between this two universes

Jack Daniels
wow man...I pause this till i bring an older folk with that opinion in on it...lol...i cannot comment due to lack of knowledge and lack of research and lack of willingness to research....lmao!.....of the dune "trilogy" where is 3?

Jack Daniels
but hey start the thread if you want ...we might find these "masterdebaters" of dune....lol

Wickerman
wow man...I pause this till i bring an older folk with that opinion in on it...lol...i cannot comment due to lack of knowledge and lack of research and lack of willingness to research....lmao!.....of the dune "trilogy" where is 3?

Who the hell said Dune was a trilogy? Must be some moron that just saw the movies and went "SW copied this and that and that.....and oooooh, they gots big worms and stuff". Imbecile.....

~wickerman~

Darth_Rankkor
That I have knowledge of, Dune has 2 movies. And the last (a remake)sucked a bit.

Jack Daniels
2 movies and a 3rd in the making(supposedly)..what was the rest of that post? dude as usual you freak me out...lol

Wickerman
2 movies and a 3rd in the making(supposedly)..what was the rest of that post? dude as usual you freak me out...lol

Like i said, i'll discuss it further in another thread if you want. This one's been derailed quite enough.

~wickerman~

Darth Bong
Heres a good name for SW fans

Stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf herders.

Still one of the best lines in Empire. smokin'

General Bondius
Geeks, the name youre looking for is GEEKS, not even freaks, the freaks are like the star wars fans light. If you Know the name of every main charactere of the Star Wars Universe you are, without a doubt, a GEEK.
Im one, and damn proud of it too

Wickerman
Originally posted by General Bondius
Geeks, the name youre looking for is GEEKS, not even freaks, the freaks are like the star wars fans light. If you Know the name of every main charactere of the Star Wars Universe you are, without a doubt, a GEEK.
Im one, and damn proud of it too

Technically speaking, only Lucas knows the names of every character in the SW Universe, because he created it...can add to it....can change it, etc. etc. etc. He is GOD in the SW Universe stick out tongue

~wickerman~

General Zodiac
How bout Jedi

matreid
Originally posted by General Zodiac
How bout Jedi

Nah... sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.