What was so bad about Anikans march into the temple

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
I've read around that many have thought that Anikan's march into the temple with the clones was lame.... I'm not sure why. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with that... it was a cool scene.... other things, (like the dialog or wooden acting in certain parts) I can understand that people would be saying lame things about.... but why specifically rag about this scene?

DeVi| D0do
It had shitty music.

sasa
I think the music is fine though..not great..they should compose a new music for that particular scene. But it didn't ruin the movie though..still freakin cool smile

DeVi| D0do
It almost ruined the scene though. It's the exact same piece of music that plays on Kashyyyk... and even worse, it's a tracked piece from Episode II!

Ani's Girl
I thought that scene was good, with the overhead shot and the flowing robes...

PVS
i think the lack of action was what disappointed everyone. when we all saw it in the trailer we were like "that is the intro to one of the coolest scenes in star wars!!!!" but in the end it turned out that WAS the scene.
then cut to anakin preparing to slaughter toddlers. who the f*** was anticipating that? we all knew that scene was going to happen....but thats it. "darth vader helped the empire hunt down and destroy the jedi" oh those lines had me soooooooooo excited for so long since i first heard that GL would do the PT....and in the end, it was a marching scene and anakin igniting his lightsaber before scared babies. could it have been any more anticlimactic?

i think that is the reason for dissapointment. the march scene was fine, the lack of anything else kinda sucked.

Mist
wait wait...you forgot the hologram bit of anakin killing like....two jedi......no expression......that was lame.......it was over in like 3.342865 secs......couldnt even see what the hell happened......

Ani's Girl
I agree with you on that one. And they didn't look like younglings either, from the little bit I could see.

I also think Lucas was scared to cross into basically killing babies on screen. He is probably still hoping for a young audience. I agree there should have been more to it than that, but I'm not sure what..

PVS
the point is that anakin was supposed to slaughter far more than younglings.
the disappointment is not in the lack of slaughtered children (what kind of sicko would want that?) but rather the complete lack of anakin slaughtering jedi knights. thats what i wanted to see, i think thats what everyone wanted to see....and we didnt see it.

ickeris2003
They should of puttin the music they played in the trailer it would of been more cooler.

Mist
shouldve had younglings on the hologram, and normal knights getting sliced in normal mode thingy......but....we can only have a biatch about it....

DenKi
cant agree with you more, i watched and loved that Teaser trailer when Obiwan said those lines then it showed Anakin Marching, it felt so exciting waiting for the Movie to come out and waiting for the Scenes of Anakin in the Temple killing the JEdi.

Ani's Girl
OK, I understand now. I have only ever seen the movies (and have not seen the Trilogy in a while), so I am not as familiar with the storyline as many others here.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ani's Girl
I agree with you on that one. And they didn't look like younglings either, from the little bit I could see.

that's because they weren't younglings. They were Cin drallig and his paddawan.

~wickerman~

dflood
the music was cool

aj_vader
the music sucked! it was the arena march from attack of the clones, and dont get me wrong, i absalootley love the music, its where it is placed that bothers me, williams should have put a frightening representation of the imperial march with a unhappy version of the force theme, the imperial march is building up and the strings play the force theme, and as that happens the imperial march should just go louder! and LOUDER! as anakin gets closer to the doors of the temple with the troops.... i swear i wish i could be music editor on star wars lol

PVS
i agree, the music felt too generic. this was the beginning of the pivotal point of the entire saga. it demanded more powerful music

EHmasterJedi
The imperial march theme was a given for some reason they didnt put it in, WIERD the music that was there isnt bad, but for the first act of Darth Vader the march theme is a no brainer

aj_vader
THANKYOU! I BOW TO YOU EHMASTERJEDI!

someone who agrees! it is the first act of vader! i mean come on, darth vader with stormtroopers! Imperial stormtroopers!, and they play the theme which i assosiate with the seperatists! duh! lol

Ani's Girl
Imperial March in that scene totally makes sense.... especially after you hear a glimpse of it when Anakin confesses what he did to the sand people to Padme.

PVS
i disagree...the imperial march would have been better...but i think it called for something unique. but then again, the whole scene was lacking...so no point in pondering it.

adamrubin
what was the music for that scene anyways?

kalsemo
Ok, thanks everyone for explaining to me why some thought that part wasn't that great..... I get it now! It was more that there was a letdown of possibly something more intense..... and not necessarily that there was something lame about the scene itself!!!

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by kalsemo
I've read around that many have thought that Anikan's march into the temple with the clones was lame.... I'm not sure why. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with that... it was a cool scene.... other things, (like the dialog or wooden acting in certain parts) I can understand that people would be saying lame things about.... but why specifically rag about this scene?
Ya, I thought that was a cool scene.

DeVi| D0do
The music was from the Arena battle in Episode II. It makes no sense to put it here!

I agree with PVS. It should have been new music. Or a variation on the Imperial Marc, or even the Force theme.

I tried putting the Imperial March over that scene... if anyone wants to see it, pm me. I think it works alright, but new music or a variation would be much better.

Captain REX
I would just have the Imperial March open up right there, with those fast, violent string parts...

While the scene was great, I think it just needed more violence. More Jedi fighting and dying, more clonetroopers fighting and dying, so on, so forth.

Lana
I liked that scene. But like everyone has said, the music was wrong, and since so much of the Temple scene was cut, it turned into a let-down.

Andrew McLeod
What would've been beautiful would be Anakin was evil at the beginning and the movie was him hunting down the Jedi ala KOTOR II.

Red Superfly
Eh? How would that work?

*Opening scrawl*

STAR WARS Episode III Revenge Of The Sith

War! There was a battle and stuff.
Obi-Wan killed some sh*t.
Anakin grew his hair.
Erm....................

Oh sh*t, Anakin also turned evil
Yeah, I swear dude, he did
Took out Padme. Yeah no kidding.
Did a cool force choke.

Let's go down to the battlefield
with Anakin being a d*ck
killing some Jedi and stuff
Over to you Anakin.....

*cinematic pan down to Anakin piloting a Star Destroyer, parking outside the house of Jedi, killing them in their sleep, and doing drive-bys for three hours*

Seriously, WTF!

Darth Plagueis
laughing

but that might have been kind of cool, albeit different....

Mstr GEKA
What was really bad about that scene was the difference between the pace of the visual and the one of the music... Anyway that is why I did not like it. The sound of the rythm of the steps follow the music... but is so out of sync with the visual.

There are many other issues with the music and the editing throughout the movie... but in the end the story does not change...

DeVi| D0do
Yup. The music editting was very bad in some places...

PVS
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Eh? How would that work?

*Opening scrawl*

STAR WARS Episode III Revenge Of The Sith

War! There was a battle and stuff.
Obi-Wan killed some sh*t.
Anakin grew his hair.
Erm....................

Oh sh*t, Anakin also turned evil
Yeah, I swear dude, he did
Took out Padme. Yeah no kidding.
Did a cool force choke.

Let's go down to the battlefield
with Anakin being a d*ck
killing some Jedi and stuff
Over to you Anakin.....

*cinematic pan down to Anakin piloting a Star Destroyer, parking outside the house of Jedi, killing them in their sleep, and doing drive-bys for three hours*

Seriously, WTF!

laughing out loud
you've got a talent for on-the-spot SW parody writing

ShadowKing
Why the Separatist theme? I could never figure that out...

It could have been a formative version of the Imperial March theme leading into a more melancholy theme like "Anakin's Betrayal" or the music from Order 66 as Anakin slices and dices his way through Jedi...

Did not have to be a whole long scene, just a ten - fifteen second shot of him taking down Jedi left and right as the Clone Troops start going into battle mode, flanking him and firing at more distant Jedi...this could have been edited so that he "senses" someone and edit into the children in the temple scene...that would have been powerful because you know how far he's fallen and you realize those kids are doomed.

southtownbluz
Man, I never really thought that much about it, but you guys are right. It did need the Imperial march music. Maybe that's why I felt the film was missing some things. That scene definitely needed the March!!!

adamrubin
but what is the song caled

Darth_Rankkor
Marching in: Good
Not enough killings viewed: Bad
Music: so so

We have good bad so so which give us gbadso or osdabg. badong could also be used or gnodab LOLOLOLOLOL

Red Superfly
In all seriousness, it needed the Imperial March.

I mean, it's the first time we see the march of the Empire, an unstoppable killing machine with Darth Vader at the helm.

To think that the Clones getting on the cruisers in Episode II had the Imperial March and THIS didn't is simply bizarre. It's the Imperial March not the Republic Waltz! I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't in Episode II (so obviously done for browny points), but it was, and not having it in Episode III when it was needed hurts the continuity and makes no sense.

I mean, it would have been AWESOME if we saw the overhead shot and walk-in with the start of the Imperial theme. Everyone knows the song, and it would make perfect sense to have the drum and string intro ofthe Imperial March right here. We all know it's the start of the song, and that there's something bad and big about to happen everytime we hear it. It would also solidify Anakin as Darth Vader. We see Anakin, but we should think Darth Vader - the Imperial March would have helped with that illusion.

Wickerman
The Imperial March would've been welcomed. HOWEVER......what would've made it incredibly awesome:

Anakin walks in with the clone troopers marching behind him....as the scene begins, Erma Franklin - Piece of my heart starts playing.

"you're out on the street looking good" - Anakin is chopping up some Jedi.
"And you know deep down in your heart that ain't right" - more chopping and killing, while troopers break out of formation for mucho mucho killing.
"And oooh, you never never hear me when i cry at night" - he spots/feels the younglings
"I tell myself that i can't stand the pain, but when you hold me in your arms, i say it again, so go on, go on, go on" - Lights lightsaber in front of younglings.
"Take it, take another little piece of my heart now baby
Break it, break another little bit of my heart now baby
You can have it, have another little piece of my heart now baby
you know you got it if it makes you feel good" - Slaughter of the younglings, with very explicit images.

thumb up thumb up

Am i the only one who thinks this would be IMMENSELY awesome? Why are you staring at me like that?

~wickerman~

ArynCrinn
Here's to hoping for an extended jedi temple assault scene!!! With a new version of the imperial march. Even if they have to film more, they should do it. If Peter Jackson did it for LotR, George can do it for star wars! And also, I want to see more of the deleted footage from other films added in. There is probably enough to make every Star Wars film 3 hours.
We should start a petition!!!

kalsemo
I'm lisenting to the Arena right now and I think its not so bad... I mean, it is a march and has a steady beat.... it seemed ok for the scene... but I can still understand how many people would have preferred imperial march.

Ani's Girl
The March makes the most sense to me, ESPECIALLY since when Anakin told Padme what he had done to the sand people who were responsible for this mother's death in Episode II, they played a piece of it then...foreshadowing if you will. Based on that, and it being his first act as Darth Vader and how much you hear it with him in IV, V, and VI, I think it really would have been perfect.

That and more Jedi killings by Anakin would have perfected that scene. Still love the overhead shot and flowing robes, and the activation of his light saber with the younglings

Wickerman
You know what.....i'm not even THAT set on Erma Franklin - piece of my heart.....i'm sure Roy Orbison - Blue Bayou would fit the scene in my sick perverted mind just fine thumb up

~wickerman~

chubbychipmunk
i think that anakin looked really hot doing that whold march thing :P

chubbychipmunk
who agrees with me?

Ani's Girl
That's a given here smile

chubbychipmunk
lol omg he is sooo hot yes

preysin
that was the cool scene.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by chubbychipmunk
i think that anakin looked really hot doing that whold march thing :P Originally posted by Ani's Girl
That's a given here smile Originally posted by chubbychipmunk
lol omg he is sooo hot yes
Why did this turn into a shrine for Hayden Christensen all of a sudden?

confused

Ani's Girl
Forgive me master, I have no excuse!

DenKi
I just Imagen the scene with Anakin getting to the Top of the Steps and Using the force to take out the Jedi whos gaurding the temple with ease. then he looks down at them and contiunes to walk in.

Ani's Girl
After all the build up, and the way they spoke about what he did in the OT, they really should have shown him killing more Jedi. They showed him killing more on Mustafar I think than at the temple.

dflood
Originally posted by Ani's Girl
Forgive me master, I have no excuse!

laughing laughing clever

Ani's Girl
I still think they ought to do a spoof reel for this film. Even if they make stuff up like the end of the Toy Story and Shrek movies.

ArynCrinn
Hey! I just decided that I want to try and write a new piece of music for the march into the temple.
If anyone can give me a decent clip of the march for me to use for timing and any ideas of what music would be use in it, that woudl be very helpful. Also, full star wars sheet music would be good as well.
I already plan to use imperial march, any other ideas would be good.

DeVi| D0do
Perhaps a dark rendition of the Force theme?

ArynCrinn
Yeah, I was thinking of that as well, I only got the first page of the music for it.
Anyone know where I can get the rest?
The following are the instruments/music I can include in the piece
Keyboards: Piano, Harpsichord, Synthesizer, Organ
Chorus: Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass, Voice
Woodwinds: Piccolo, Flute, Recorder, Oboe, Bb Clarinet, A Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Soprano Sax., Alto Sax., Tenor Sax., Bari. Sax., Bassoon
Brass: Horn in F, Bb Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone (T.C.), Baritone (B.C), Euphonium, Tuba
Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Contrabass
Plucked Strings: Mandolin, Banjo, Guitar, Guitar (TAB), Electric Guitar, Harp, Electric Bass, Electric Bass (TAB), Acoustic Bass
Percussion: Timpani, Mallets, Snare Drum, Bass Drum, Drum Set, Percussion.

I'm using a program called Finale NotePad, it will only let me have 8 staves because it's only the free version. I can do multiple versions with different instruments.
The music will probably be in midi, unless I can find people to play all this stuff. And if I can't work out hwo to save it from the program, it would require the same program to listen to it.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
It had shitty music.

The music was lame! whats wrong with you, people are grasphing at nothing now and looking for ANYTHING wrong...

the music was fine, ROTS' music was the best score of all 6 films...

Serra_Keto
I cried from this point on for the rest of the movie. sad

ArynCrinn
I got nothign wrong with any of the music from the movies.

Stealth Agent
i didn't mind don't pay lotta attention to the music, but imperial march should of been in there now i think about it. its so godamn obvious why the hell wouldn't gearge put it in their? wtf?

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
The music was lame! whats wrong with you, people are grasphing at nothing now and looking for ANYTHING wrong...

the music was fine, ROTS' music was the best score of all 6 films...
Why would I want to do that? Why would I purposely try to find things wrong with the film? I love the film.

But the music in this scene sucked hard.

AmrothSkywalker
If anyone here has played Republic Commando I think the menu music the game plays is perfect for that scene if you remember how it goes. It's like a duel of the fates kind of music except not as upbeat its more dramatic and powerful. http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/hud.html
Select "Gratua Cuun" or "vode an brothers all" as the song to listen to it takes a little while to get good so be patient.
BTW it doesnt sound as good online as it does in the game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.