Help.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cindy8219
Ok, so I have a friend who I really like, but is very childish. The problem is that he likes to make too many racial slurs and it bothers me. Not only b/c I'm from the ethnicity he talks about, but because its from someone i truly like. He knows it bothers me and continues to do so with mutual friends. Of course they tell me and I get all upset. Should I stop being friend with him? I really like him and he's been there for me many times.

Da Moose
Originally posted by cindy8219
Ok, so I have a friend who I really like, but is very childish. The problem is that he likes to make too many racial slurs and it bothers me. Not only b/c I'm from the ethnicity he talks about, but because its from someone i truly like. He knows it bothers me and continues to do so with mutual friends. Of course they tell me and I get all upset. Should I stop being friend with him? I really like him and he's been there for me many times.

If he continues to do it despite the fact that you have made it clear that you don't like it, then you need to cut the strings Cindy...I mean, really, what kind of friend does that?

-Funky Punk-
Originally posted by Da Moose
If he continues to do it despite the fact that you have made it clear that you don't like it, then you need to cut the strings Cindy...I mean, really, what kind of friend does that?

exactly

xLiNdS x 622x
If he knows it upsets you and continues to do it, he's obviously not the friend you thought he was.....stop hanging out with him for a while and see if he realizes that he'd rather have you as a friend than tell jokes

baddspellahl4
first question, is he black, second question, is he me, and my advice would be tell him to stop or you'll snap his racist neck in two. works for me (and also got me an asswhooping 3 times)

i rule
been their. except it wasnt racial. if it bothers u and makes u uncomfortable and he knows it, then u should probably just tell his parents. if that doesnt work, then stop hangin out with him.

baddspellahl4
my advice is make a few comments urself and see how he feels. hopefully he'll feel insulted and stop. if it continues cut the chain. my friend says racist stuff all the time and I just return the favor. we don't mean the stuff we say and were still friends.

Uneeklyconfused
for him to make racist comments of any ethnicity in general ..is wrong...

rid your self off any future problems with this guy...

Da Moose
Originally posted by cindy8219

One other thing to consider....his shortcomings...do they outweigh his positive aspects. Can you live with it? I would think not. If the pros don't outweigh the cons, then I think you have your answer.

cindy8219
One other thing to consider....his shortcomings...do they outweigh his positive aspects. Can you live with it? I would think not. If the pros don't outweigh the cons, then I think you have your answer.

He's a great guy most of the time. I've known him for so many years, but lately its been getting out of hand.

I guess I'll stop talking to him for awhile and I'll go from there. thank you everyone.

Mr Parker

yeah I have to agree with moose on this.I know its hard to walk away from him because of how he has been such a good friend to you in the past but there comes a point where you got to say enough is enough.

Oiram62205
Look what I stumbled upon. It would seem that you (Cins) weren't being truthful to me. I wish you thought of my friendship as something more valuable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.