Wow..I SUCK at driving.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morbid4Daniel
I just finally passed my permit test today, and got me permit! I just got back from driving around in our old wal-mart parking lot, and back my road. Man...I CANNOT DRIVE. I know im new, but damn lol. Back my street there was a white for explorer behind me and I stopped really quickly at a stop sign and turned, he turned too and I was like swurvin, I bet he thought I was retarded!

heavenablaze666
wow interesting story blink

Maynard-is-god
i never got my actual liscence because im too lazy so whatever, i have a permit though, i just figure, if i get a car and can drive, that means i'll have to get a job and have to make my own money **** that

Morbid4Daniel
Lol good goin Maynard. Cant say I disagree stick out tongue Im lazy myself.

The thing im worst at is stopping. I cant determine/remember how sensitive the breaks of the car are so I end up stopping really quickly on accident lol.

BackFire
Driving for the first time is very intimidating.

My advise is to go slow, spend a week getting used to the feel of the car by driving slowly in an unused parking lot, then start driving around slowly in residential streets, do this for another week or two. Then move to bigger sreets.

Everyone thinks they suck at driving when they first start, don't worry, you're no worse then anyone else was when they first started.

Morbid4Daniel
THanks BF. big grin Yeah We used the old walmart parking lot, and the first time I tryed to park in one of the slots I GOT IT RIGHT! Lol. Thats a step up wink

Yeah. Im sure Ill get better...(hopefully shifty) There are some people in the world that have been driving for years and still dont know how to lol.

chelsea17
Everything will be fine. You just have to get used to it a little bit more

I was lucky, my grandpa used to own a farm, so I would drive tractors on his property to increase my skill in driving.

It's cool that you passed your permit test..I go next week to take my license tests

Morbid4Daniel
Sounds fun! big grin
I have a farm too, but..its all hilly land. But the way up to the farm is a straight stretch rocky road. Next time we go there Ill probably get to drive there too.

Thanks. big grin Im elegible to try for my Drivers License on Dec 18th and after!

-Funky Punk-
lol good luck.. both of my feet are asleep

BasketCase
Congrats, on getting your permit.
You dont sound that bad as a driver.
The very day I got my license I hit a car in the parking lot...No damage but talk about bad..ha..Luckily thats the only bad thing thats happened to me...

Morbid4Daniel
Thanks FP stick out tongue
Thanks BC. Omg the very first day? Lol im sorry to hear that! Yeah My mom kept grabbying the steering wheel if I got close to hitting another car lol.

chelsea17
Originally posted by BasketCase
Congrats, on getting your permit.
You dont sound that bad as a driver.
The very day I got my license I hit a car in the parking lot...No damage but talk about bad..ha..Luckily thats the only bad thing thats happened to me...

You're kidding?! omg, I go next Saturday to the license branch for my written, and I go next Wednesday to school to take my driving one with Dan..I'm scared. lol

a1hsauce
i love driving... but yah the first time is always the most nerve wracking. good luck with that kel. youll get better im sure of it big grin

Killer_Dennis
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
I just finally passed my permit test today, and got me permit! I just got back from driving around in our old wal-mart parking lot, and back my road. Man...I CANNOT DRIVE. I know im new, but damn lol. Back my street there was a white for explorer behind me and I stopped really quickly at a stop sign and turned, he turned too and I was like swurvin, I bet he thought I was retarded! laughing

Lana
Heh, don't worry about it, Kelly, everyone does badly their first few times driving. It's just nerves and not knowing what to do. You'll get better at it very quickly.

Morbid4Daniel
Thanks a1
stick out tongue KD
I wont, stick out tongue lol. Im sure I will stick out tongue

periera
It is really tough and intimidating at first. When I first started, I kept getting my left and right mixed up. My mom and I were leaving our neighborhood, and she told me to take a right, but instead I went to turn left...she said "NO I SAID RIGHT!!!" To which I (of course) said "THIS IS THE RIGHT!!!" Then I realized I was wrong and stopped in the middle of the road, almost causing a truck to hit us. embarrasment

Heehee...that's nothing though...my bf's ex drove straight into the childrens section of a Barnes and Noble.

So see, things could always be worse. I'm sure you'll do just fine with some practice. I think they say that you don't reach the skill of other drivers until you've been on the road for 5 years.

Haru-Donovan
I'm actually not that bad at driving. I guess it helps to have been driving on the back roads since you were 5. happy

kmcdude
I am on my learner's it is ****ed

Ken Kenobi
I just finally passed my permit test today, and got me permit! I just got back from driving around in our old wal-mart parking lot, and back my road. Man...I CANNOT DRIVE. I know im new, but damn lol. Back my street there was a white for explorer behind me and I stopped really quickly at a stop sign and turned, he turned too and I was like swurvin, I bet he thought I was retarded!

*points and laughs*

I sucked at first too, I had bad depth perception until I got used to my car.

Now I am a great driver, even my grandparents agreed on that. stick out tongue I like to show boat a bit though, and drive really close behind friends and cut them off really close in front of their cars.

You'll get used to it.

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by periera
It is really tough and intimidating at first. When I first started, I kept getting my left and right mixed up. My mom and I were leaving our neighborhood, and she told me to take a right, but instead I went to turn left...she said "NO I SAID RIGHT!!!" To which I (of course) said "THIS IS THE RIGHT!!!" Then I realized I was wrong and stopped in the middle of the road, almost causing a truck to hit us. embarrasment

Heehee...that's nothing though...my bf's ex drove straight into the childrens section of a Barnes and Noble.

So see, things could always be worse. I'm sure you'll do just fine with some practice. I think they say that you don't reach the skill of other drivers until you've been on the road for 5 years.

LOL, wow that has to suck! First day erm Well Ill probably end up making an unwanted visit into Old Wal-Mart's brick side or something lol.

Yeah, Probably more for me stick out tongue but we'll see.

Clovie
don't woory
if i have licence you'll get the real one too
plus you'll learn how to drive. big grin

Morbid4Daniel
wink ty

Clovie
np smile

Morbid4Daniel
Today shall be my second day of practicing on driving. confused

just4divinity
hey hope you do good with the driving thing. i just started driving myself, and i sucked really bad witha clutch. i do alright stopping and stuff, im just not very good with the take off, lol. yeah well luckily i got my car, so im good(its an automatic). well have fun there, M4D

Morbid4Daniel
Nice. Thank ya. Today was my second day of driving. I did REALLY good, compared to the first day. I drove ALL the way through town (And you know how busy towns are on Fridays') and to my Mamaw's across town. I did really good, and thats sayin somethin lol.

CorderaMitchell
Drivings' cool once you get the hang of it, since you can rely on yourelf.

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah, its a good feeling. I didnt want to STOP driving lol, but mom made me take us home.

just4divinity
congrats on the success M4D

Morbid4Daniel
Thanks stick out tongue

hotsauce6548
Yeah you do.

Morbid4Daniel
I do what?

hotsauce6548
Suck at driving.

Right? That's what you said.

Morbid4Daniel
Shaddup wink

hotsauce6548
Okay. smile

Killer_Dennis
stick out tongue KD What? laughing out loud

Morbid4Daniel
big grin hotsauce.
Lol idk, KD..

sk8stuff09
i am a good driver sometimes

Morbid4Daniel
shifty Sometimes? lol

Morning_Glory
just now got your permit and you are thinking of getting married shocking

Morbid4Daniel
Who gave you that idea? Nobody said we were getting married. School comes before marriage in my belief....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.