Count Nefaria topics VS Lack of knowledge of his powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
Count Nefaria's level of superhuman strenght, speed, durability, reflexes, stamina, energy emission powers depends on his chance to drain ionic energy from other beings.
He beat down the collective of the Avengers and the T-Bolts when he was draining power from Wonder Man and Atlas.
When he can't tap into ionic resources, he can be beaten down from Captain America alone with ease as showed during their fight in the Savage Land.
So, withouth a ionic source to tap into, Nefaria is pathetic.
Putting him against Thanos is a mismatch, cause Thanos has fought Tyrant, someone that knows a little more about being invulnerable than Nefaria.
Also if Nefaria get really pissed off he lose control on his own energy exploding like a bomb, it happened during the fight with AVG and T-Bolts.
He was good in his first appearence and during that crossover, but without resources, he's nothing.

long pig
Also, Ironman crushed him accidently with a airplane. big grin
Good job, k3vil.

Why aren't we allowed to have threads like these? It's very helpful.

Ex11B
wow..everyone hates Nefaria.........why?

K3VIL
No one here hates Nefaria, it's just a matter of read some infos before spamming topics.

whirlysplat
Nefaria is basically Superman without flight and some of the other powers and that is itbig grin

K3VIL
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Nefaria is basically Superman without flight and some of the other powers and that is itbig grin
Nefaria can lift at max 3000 Tons, Superman is way out of his league, he's stronger and faster, plus tougher.

Ex11B
WHAT?....for all you people who think 3000 tons is his limit....go read IronMan Annual "99 and tell me how much you think that oil tanker he was holding over his head easily,while in flight weighed?..or that HUGE mountian sized rock he lifted overhead..while he was weakining weighed? cool roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless
Originally posted by whirlysplat

'without flight'? are you sure you know who Neferia is?

Arahan
Hmm yeah i thought so too. As far as i know he CAN fly.

whirlysplat
Count Nefaria could not fly when he first appeared in the Avengers in the seventies. If he can now its another marvel upgrade. He used to leap. He also didn't leach ionic energy. He had been formed from energy templates, see here for the story. I read it at the time. As I keep telling you younguns I've been reading comics since 74

http://www.avengersassemble.us/av166.html

Bizarely it uses the tem fly in this but my recllection is he couldn't. He could only leap. Powerman couldn't fly, I don't think Laser could corporeal (he could as light form laser) and Whirlwind couldn't. So where does flight come from. He leaped I am pretty sure of that. It was the other reason besides immortality he wanted Thors hammer.big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.