Prose poems by myself

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alcoholicpoet
Untitled

As the Wind blew over the dew covered morning blades of grass, I saw nothing but an endless void, stretching out beyond the world I knew, and all that I had ever cared about seemed so little and few compared to the real world, the true life, that no one, not even I, could understand. The purposes and causes that I had fought so vigorously, even my reason and want to live, left me in a second, but that second seemed like an eternity, and all the seconds that followed seemed as such, until I felt as though I had been in the infernal plain forever. When the screeching sound began flowing over all, and my hands had been bound, I thought this was all there was and all there ever would be, until I finally realized that this was not life, and that this would not live, and that the time to live was over, and that coming nigh was not the time to be, but the time to not be, and that this moment would be the last in a long succession of finalities and endings, and that this ending was the true and most meaningful end, for this was the end that had been awaited by all , and that now we would stop and never be again.

Fëanor
i like it!!! eek!

an ambiguous look at life....from a view of one detached but a part of

DreamingWarrior
Interesting piece, and great signature.

alcoholicpoet
Thanks, hopefully I should be able to add a new poem once every week.

Coldfire
I like it too!! eek! I would love to hear more yes

alcoholicpoet
Anger

With an anger that should awe the most fury filled of mountains, I am brought to the edge of my nerves, and I experience a paralysis of fury, unable to be calmed, and unable to control even myself. I am nearly filled with hate towards the world, towards the arbiter of my anger, I am loathing of those who are unable to feel as I, and I am unable to see such reason to be joyful. I expose myself as hateful, and wish it so as well, and I drown in my fustration, coolly expressing my disbelief of possible serenity, the thought that, perhaps, soon, I should be void of my current pessimistic conviction of dislike, my gut feeling of initial hatred towards the current invocation of such emotion. And when the time has passed and the awe-inspiring anger has become confused in its presence, I am thus lifted from my temporary seizure of fury.

Fëanor
eek

dude...you're good, puts me to shame

alcoholicpoet
thanks big grin

Fëanor
nonono....thank you, its some awesome stuff

yours is more contemporary than mine which is a bit archaic

alcoholicpoet
I prefer contemporary writers to older ones, with the exception of Shakespeare, so I guess I should be expected to write as such.

alcoholicpoet

Coldfire
Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
Actually I just read some of your poems and your pretty good, your better at what is conventionally defined as poetry than I am, I just write emotional paragraphs.
Well they're damn good emotional paragraphs!! eek! notworthy

alcoholicpoet
yay! I have a fan base! Happy Dance

Coldfire
yay! I have a fan base! Happy Dance
That you do yes big grin More please!!

alcoholicpoet
Ask and you shall Recieve:

Life

What has begun the day, shall end the day, it is inevitably known, by myself, and all the participants in the poem of life. It is well concieved that, to end, one must be come, and to live, one must die. for, to live is a bounty and a burden on the shoulders of the living, 'tis a circle of love and heartbreak wrought by the race of destiny. To live, is an experience, seen, and done, by all, yet a knowledge known by few. 'tis a jovial glass that all drink from, that all gain from. To live is to exist, and subsist the world that we are presented. The world I see, you see, but, the same world I live in, you do not inhabit, you inhabit you're world, you're universe, and mine is mine own, my own world, of my consequenses, and my creations, of mine attributes, my land of myself, my life, my purpose, and my conquests. My life is one of living, not stopping, of moving and seeing, seeing the world as I only I may see it, as I shall live it.

Fëanor
if you ever get your stuff published, i wanna a signed first ed eek!

alcoholicpoet
That's what I'm hoping for. The other day I sent that first poem to a magazine. Hopefully good things shall come of this.

Tassie
Wow! eek! Very deep... you have such a talent. I'm in awe embarrasment

alcoholicpoet
Running

With arms flailing in unchanging winds, I run, as though I had been running for my entire life, as though, to run, was all that I should live for, should die for. I ran, without fatigue. I chose to run, I chose to lay purpose down for my life, and, to spite all doubt, my running shan't differ. I shall run as I always have, and always will. I shall run as though there never was a moment in my life were I wasn't running, as though, through running, I was kept alive, alive, alive by the premise that I sould be the greatest runner, that mt running should reach astronomical proportions was the reason for which I ran. The reason for which my running had become historical, should be the reason for which I had reached that point, that point of widely know supremacy over that which I have prayed to conquer. To reach the chapter in my life, where the ballad of my soul has streched beyond that which I hath intended, to have known the very core of my life, and the reason that it has been here, to know, to do, these things and more, is the very promise of life, the very reason to live, to live, to live.

alcoholicpoet
Out of boredom I sketched this little stanza out.

Sanity
Insanity
What be they?
Why be they?
Why should they
be?

DreamingWarrior
hahaha whoa man...awesome stuff all around. reminds me alot of Pink Floyd's songs, especially anger. keep it up, and definitely get published. we could use "poetic paragraphers" in this community!

alcoholicpoet
Thanks, I'm planning on churning out 150 of these for a book.

DreamingWarrior
awesome!

Fëanor
Thanks, I'm planning on churning out 150 of these for a book. eek i want a signed copy!!!!

alcoholicpoet
I step into grounds uconquered:

Untitled

Fleetingly
vicaciously
a life is taken,
yet none yeild response,
none yeild a voice.
The voice that could stop the death
Is reppressed,
out of fear,
out of illegality,
the voices are reppressed,
blocked,
audaciously,
they are stopped.

DreamingWarrior
true, very true. and I like the new add-on to your sig! haha!

alcoholicpoet
Thanks, I just thought that out of the blue.

Fëanor
i wish you luck on your book deal AP...

alcoholicpoet
My first three poems are to be published in the August issue of international Poetry magazine. Happy Dance Look for it at the local Library next month.

alcoholicpoet
Sorry for the lack of poetry lately, it's quite a chore posting these seeing as I hate typing and all my poetry is hand-written. Tommorrow my father's going to type two poems on word, so I'll copy and paste those here.

Fëanor
My first three poems are to be published in the August issue of international Poetry magazine. Happy Dance Look for it at the local Library next month. dude!!! that's awesome eek!

DreamingWarrior

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by DreamingWarrior
Definitely very freakin sweet dude!!!!!!!

Topping it all off, I'm gettin' 150 euros.

Fëanor
Topping it all off, I'm gettin' 150 euros. rub it in why dontcha....disgust

but i's happy for ya m8 happy

DreamingWarrior
Topping it all off, I'm gettin' 150 euros.
Hot damn!~ wink

alcoholicpoet
Untitled

I have seemingly been here for an eternity, wasting with time, and wasting with life. It goes on unceasingly, never stopping in its onslaught of wrath, it's onslaught of death and more such ruinations. It's continued souring has brought upon its inhabitants a festering feeling of outer and self doubt, doubt in the world and its sustenance of the people en-masse, its sustenance in it's very own existance as a producing world. The doubt infects society and communities, it infects the fiber of the world, the binding threads, until the doubt turns to fear, fear of that which would develop, that which would better, that which would be uncomprensibe to the near seeing eyes of Earth. The fear would fester, seeping into the souls of the martyers, the souls of the mongers, it would infect the world to the point of explosion, and the explosion would occur, the lives that had subsisted, the lives that had wandered in exploration of the surfaces on which they were born, these lives, these dreams, end and lay to rest, the world.

DreamingWarrior
Yet again, very cool. More please!!!

Tassie
wow, especially the first lines. XD

and congrats on the publications in the magazine, dude!
and the 150 euros schmoll

alcoholicpoet
Search

Drinking from the dripping sap of life, I live as an anomaly, I search through the universe for a sign of hope, of restoration to my previous world of utopian paradise, a world of pacifistic anarchy, were poverty and war is mythology, and warmth and love of the Earth is spread like butter over the land. I yearn for the oasis of the galaxy, and loathe those who have found it. I am a wanderer, a hitchhiker of unknown, unsearched lands, and without hesitation I convict myself to continue in my search for the Garden of Eden, that we mortal humans are too wretched and violent to inhabit. My thirst and hunger is for a land of laze and leisure, of love and harmony, of peaceful bonds unbroken by the wearing of time.

DreamingWarrior
ha... nice imagery.

alcoholicpoet
Here's an attempt at a love poem:

Seeing your form dance across my vision, seeing your face look into mine, to merely hear the whisper of your name, is a pleasure, appreciated by me more than any other living being. I am awestruck by your beauty, and your beauty's grace. I lay snug in the warm aura, radiated from your existance, I lavish in the sight of your form. You are the definition of beauty, the definition of life in love. Your radiance, unparalleled by any other, you are the reason I live, you are the muse of my songs, you are the purpose of my poems. I write not for myself, my profit, but instead for the sustenance of you, and for the promise of life with you. 'Tis you, 'tis you who I love, 'tis you who I hold as the goddess of my universe, and no other.

Coldfire

Seeing your form dance across my vision, seeing your face look into mine, to merely hear the whisper of your name, is a pleasure, appreciated by me more than any other living being. I am awestruck by your beauty, and your beauty's grace. I lay snug in the warm aura, radiated from your existance, I lavish in the sight of your form. You are the definition of beauty, the definition of life in love. Your radiance, unparalleled by any other, you are the reason I live, you are the muse of my songs, you are the purpose of my poems. I write not for myself, my profit, but instead for the sustenance of you, and for the promise of life with you. 'Tis you, 'tis you who I love, 'tis you who I hold as the goddess of my universe, and no other.
Omg that's beautiful. Reminds me of me unfortunately cry Cept now I need to find a new muse...

DreamingWarrior
Nice dude.... hope you never have to leave that goddess.

Fëanor

Seeing your form dance across my vision, seeing your face look into mine, to merely hear the whisper of your name, is a pleasure, appreciated by me more than any other living being. I am awestruck by your beauty, and your beauty's grace. I lay snug in the warm aura, radiated from your existance, I lavish in the sight of your form. You are the definition of beauty, the definition of life in love. Your radiance, unparalleled by any other, you are the reason I live, you are the muse of my songs, you are the purpose of my poems. I write not for myself, my profit, but instead for the sustenance of you, and for the promise of life with you. 'Tis you, 'tis you who I love, 'tis you who I hold as the goddess of my universe, and no other. eek! someone is in love!!!! eek!

i see now you are the master of prose and i....the padawan learner

alcoholicpoet
Thanks, and, yes, I don't know if you could call it love, but we've been going six months thus far together.

Fëanor
a rose by any other name.....

big grin

alcoholicpoet

DreamingWarrior
Nice, and good luck with the lady dude.

Coldfire
Thanks, and, yes, I don't know if you could call it love, but we've been going six months thus far together.
Awww well then congrats! big grin hug

Great poem yes

Tassie

damn, imagine the lucky girl who gets that. big grin How can any girl resist...?

all beautiful, as usual^^

alcoholicpoet
Sunday with the Media

My sunday's evening, entangled in a screen, of lives I care not for, and events, that don't disrupt my own. I stare on, lazily, at a screen, absorbing world news, local news. I learn of things that do not affect my world, that don't positively, or negatively dictate my day. I stare on, as the world moves quickly around my laze.

Shorter than usual, I like it though.

Coldfire
Sunday with the Media

My sunday's evening, entangled in a screen, of lives I care not for, and events, that don't disrupt my own. I stare on, lazily, at a screen, absorbing world news, local news. I learn of things that do not affect my world, that don't positively, or negatively dictate my day. I stare on, as the world moves quickly around my laze.

Shorter than usual, I like it though.
Oooo I like it too. The shortness of it only enhances the poem yes

critias
how many boys visited this poetry discussion?

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by critias
how many boys visited this poetry discussion?

I know Feanor, DW, and myself are of the male gender, are you a guy, Coldfire?

critias
im a boy that writes poetry but im best at love poems

alcoholicpoet
im a boy that writes poetry but im best at love poems

Go ahead and open up a thread, each poet gets one thread in which to post all their works.

critias
anybody like teen titans here?

critias
how i do that?

alcoholicpoet
how i do that?

Scroll to the bottem of the page and click "New Topic" title it, then type the poetry in the space alotted.

critias
im gonna start my thread now

critias
thx

alcoholicpoet
np smile

Coldfire
I know Feanor, DW, and myself are of the male gender, are you a guy, Coldfire?
Here we go again no expression *sigh* Do I really sound like a guy or something?? Cuz I'm not sad confused

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by Coldfire
Here we go again no expression *sigh* Do I really sound like a guy or something?? Cuz I'm not sad confused

I never presumed that, I was oblivious to your gender either way.

Coldfire
I never presumed that, I was oblivious to your gender either way.
Ok well then thank you lol smile But now ya know wink But if people think I sound like a guy, I'm one hell of a feminine one! laughing out loud

DreamingWarrior
danggg..... dude nice work. Originally posted by Coldfire
Omg that's beautiful. Reminds me of me unfortunately cry Cept now I need to find a new muse... hey baby i can (a)muse you for a while... heh heh big grin angel hahaha j/kOriginally posted by alcoholicpoet
I know Feanor, DW, and myself are of the male gender, are you a guy, Coldfire? Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
I know Feanor, DW, and myself are of the male gender, are you a guy, Coldfire? dude... terrible. SHE IS A WOMAN !!!! and a hottie at that.... hahaha

Coldfire
danggg..... dude nice work. hey baby i can (a)muse you for a while... heh heh big grin angel hahaha j/k dude... terrible. SHE IS A WOMAN !!!! and a hottie at that.... hahaha
Haha sure you can hun wink big grin

Hottie? embarrasment Thanks lol

alcoholicpoet
Two new "line" poems

I

Death surrounds us
As the rich grow fat off the land.
Young men,
And their sons,
Die in cold wars in far off lands,
As the poor are felled by malnutrition.

Potter's graves
Are made on plains
That stink with death and oppression.

What is there to gain from war?
What is there to lose from death?
In a land of poverty,
And blackened hearts.

Why should we care of Tom Cruise,
and Britney Spears?
When with every breath we make,
Another breath is absent.

II

When sitting in,
Fields not dettered,
By worldly concerns,
And poverty.
I think, and I see,
And know that here, now,
Is what I should see,
of the land of the free.

The wars are forgotten,
And oppression is absent,
As I wander,
Freely,
Through the sunkissed forests,
And the soft rifting ponds,
Of lands not owned,
By human hands.

Coldfire
Nice smile

DreamingWarrior
Haha sure you can hun wink big grin

Hottie? embarrasment Thanks lol
hahahahaha ohhhhhh yeahhhhh... hahahha

nice work al! very nice. how is the contest going?

Coldfire

stick out tongue Yeah I was wonderin that too yes

alcoholicpoet

Contest? Do you speak of my magazine publication?

Coldfire
Contest? Do you speak of my magazine publication?
Mmmmm... right it was a magazine not a contest.... lol but yeah how's that goin??

Fëanor
Two new "line" poems

I

Death surrounds us
Young men,
And their sons,

Potter's graves
Are made on plains

In a land of poverty,
And blackened hearts.

and Britney Spears?

II

When sitting in,
Fields not dettered,
By worldly concerns,
And poverty.
I think, and I see,
And know that here, now,
Is what I should see,
of the land of the free.

The wars are forgotten,
As I wander,
Freely,
Of lands not owned,
By human hands. that is some awesome sh*t bro'!!!

alcoholicpoet
Mmmmm... right it was a magazine not a contest.... lol but yeah how's that goin??

I sent three poems to them on july fifth hoping to get published in the augest issue, I still haven't gotten a response from them. If they're not going to publish me then they should atleast respond. erm

Fea---> Thanks. big grin

Fëanor
I sent three poems to them on july fifth hoping to get published in the augest issue, I still haven't gotten a response from them. If they're not going to publish me then they should atleast respond. erm

Fea---> Thanks. big grin dude, your poetry is all the thanks i need big grin

alcoholicpoet
Another love poem.

III

I love you.
Do you, me?

I love your walk,
I love your face,
I love your body,
Your body's grace.

I love your life,
Your bright aura,
That radiates,
From your beautiful form,
In light of day,
And dark of night.

I love you,
And I hope you know,
I love you,
And I hope to show,
That love,
And to express,
Such love.
In the form of these poems,
And in the notes of my songs

I love you.

That,
You know,
Is true.

vaya_the_elf
It's cute

Tassie
Two new "line" poems

I

Death surrounds us
Young men,
And their sons,

Potter's graves
Are made on plains

In a land of poverty,
And blackened hearts.

and Britney Spears?

II

When sitting in,
Fields not dettered,
By worldly concerns,
And poverty.
I think, and I see,
And know that here, now,
Is what I should see,
of the land of the free.

The wars are forgotten,
As I wander,
Freely,
Of lands not owned,
By human hands.

Wow, these are great! big grin

Coldfire
Another love poem.

III

I love you.
Do you, me?

I love your walk,
I love your face,
I love your body,
Your body's grace.

I love your life,
Your bright aura,
That radiates,
From your beautiful form,
In light of day,
And dark of night.

I love you,
And I hope you know,
I love you,
And I hope to show,
That love,
And to express,
Such love.
In the form of these poems,
And in the notes of my songs

I love you.

That,
You know,
Is true.
eek! I loverz it! happy

alcoholicpoet
End

Articles of doom, and arbiters of death, harbingers of wrath, and messengers of the apocolypse. The end of us, the end of where we were, the end of places to be, and the end of going to such places. End of me, end of you, end of us, end of all. End of earth, and end of earth's souls, the end of dreams, passions, and ambitions. The end of this and the end of that, the end of what I have, the end of what I would've had. Death of me, death of you, death of us, and death them. End, my friend, 'tis the end of what you see, and the end of that which is concealed.

Coldfire
eek! Nice!

Tassie
End

Articles of doom, and arbiters of death, harbingers of wrath, and messengers of the apocolypse. The end of us, the end of where we were, the end of places to be, and the end of going to such places. End of me, end of you, end of us, end of all. End of earth, and end of earth's souls, the end of dreams, passions, and ambitions. The end of this and the end of that, the end of what I have, the end of what I would've had. Death of me, death of you, death of us, and death them. End, my friend, 'tis the end of what you see, and the end of that which is concealed.

Wow, inspiring. wink
Very striking, theme of death of everything. thumb up

alcoholicpoet
Soldiers Grave (after visiting a military cemetary)

I sit among the graves, of once lived soldiers, who now lay dead among their own, among their fellow man, and their fellow woman. I sit aming those who risked, and those who risked against their own human wills, of those who gave and where given nothing. I sit among those, who have insured my current existance, and have insured my words and verse to be heard.

Naib
i'll give you this much, your talents far exceed your ability to make nice

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by Naib

You mean 'be nice' or 'make rice'?

Coldfire
ability to make nice?? confused

Naib
You mean 'be nice' or 'make rice'? if you can do both, i'll gladly bring teriyaki chicken

Coldfire
if you can do both, i'll gladly bring teriyaki chicken
Oooo teriyaki chicken..... droolio lol stick out tongue

alcoholicpoet
Walking
Through diamond skylines
And shining Blvd.s
And shimmering plains of gold

Wandering
In untouched shrines
And sacred temples
of unknown creeds

I see
I learn
I know
things that are unknown

Bleeding
From wounds
Wrought from my bane
And seen by those
Who don't care
And don't know
And don't bother
With life

Falling
From heights concealed
From mountains unreal
Into depths
You know not of

DreamingWarrior
great work man. yeah, meant the publishing... sorry... hahhah.... well, how is it going?

alcoholicpoet
DW:

Coldfire
Ooooo that last one is good smile

Fëanor
Walking
Through diamond skylines
And shining Blvd.s
And shimmering plains of gold

Wandering
In untouched shrines
And sacred temples
of unknown creeds

I see
I learn
I know
things that are unknown

Bleeding
From wounds
Wrought from my bane
And seen by those
Who don't care
And don't know
And don't bother
With life

Falling
From heights concealed
From mountains unreal
Into depths
You know not of christ! gets better each time mah man thumb up

alcoholicpoet
What is life?
And what is death?
What does it mean?
And why is it here?

What are we doing?
And why is it so?
Do we have meaning?
Or are we just dust?
In this universe,
Of creation,
And life,
and, inevitably, death.

Why?
I ask.
Why is it so?
And why is that?
Why am I writing?
And why are you reading?
Why am I living?
And should it be so?

Why is this here?
And why is that there?

Where are we now?
And where should we be?

What is true?
And what is false?

Should I do it?
Or should I abstain?

Should I feel happy?
Or should I feel shame?

Am I?
Are you?

Should we?
Should we not?

I don't know.
Give me answers.
Tell me.
Tell me.
Tell me please.
Tell it to me.
Share it with me.
Share you secrets.
And make them not unknown.
Tell the world.
And make the secrets known.

Coldfire
What is life?
And what is death?
What does it mean?
And why is it here?

What are we doing?
And why is it so?
Do we have meaning?
Or are we just dust?
In this universe,
Of creation,
And life,
and, inevitably, death.

Why?
I ask.
Why is it so?
And why is that?
Why am I writing?
And why are you reading?
Why am I living?
And should it be so?

Why is this here?
And why is that there?

Where are we now?
And where should we be?

What is true?
And what is false?

Should I do it?
Or should I abstain?

Should I feel happy?
Or should I feel shame?

Am I?
Are you?

Should we?
Should we not?

I don't know.
Give me answers.
Tell me.
Tell me.
Tell me please.
Tell it to me.
Share it with me.
Share you secrets.
Tell the world.
oooo wow.... that was good..... good questions too yes

Ladyluck
eek! they're so good big grin

Fëanor
What is life?
And what is death?
What does it mean?
And why is it here?

What are we doing?
And why is it so?
Do we have meaning?
Or are we just dust?
In this universe,
Of creation,
And life,
and, inevitably, death.

Why?
I ask.
Why is it so?
And why is that?
Why am I writing?
And why are you reading?
Why am I living?
And should it be so?

Why is this here?
And why is that there?

Where are we now?
And where should we be?

What is true?
And what is false?

Should I do it?
Or should I abstain?

Should I feel happy?
Or should I feel shame?

Am I?
Are you?

Should we?
Should we not?

I don't know.
Give me answers.
Tell me.
Tell me.
Tell me please.
Tell it to me.
Share it with me.
Share you secrets.
Tell the world.
And make the secrets known. a perplexing conundrum that answers an unanswerable question that questions.

NunYahBidness
Untitled

As the Wind blew over the dew covered morning blades of grass, I saw nothing but an endless void, stretching out beyond the world I knew, and all that I had ever cared about seemed so little and few compared to the real world, the true life, that no one, not even I, could understand. The purposes and causes that I had fought so vigorously, even my reason and want to live, left me in a second, but that second seemed like an eternity, and all the seconds that followed seemed as such, until I felt as though I had been in the infernal plain forever. When the screeching sound began flowing over all, and my hands had been bound, I thought this was all there was and all there ever would be, until I finally realized that this was not life, and that this would not live, and that the time to live was over, and that coming nigh was not the time to be, but the time to not be, and that this moment would be the last in a long succession of finalities and endings, and that this ending was the true and most meaningful end, for this was the end that had been awaited by all , and that now we would stop and never be again. at least you show originality in that it is not like so many others....but who's to say how one progressess in this art one calls poetry.

keep to this style, it is very good

Coldfire

alcoholicpoet
Well, as it is I can no longer post poems here, any poems of mine posted on the internet cannot be published, hopefully, later on, I can get a patent and include all of the poems posted here in a book, but, as of now, anyone wishing to read any new poetry must PM me, and I'll PM them. Sorry everyone.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Well, as it is I can no longer post poems here, any poems of mine posted on the internet cannot be published, hopefully, later on, I can get a patent and include all of the poems posted here in a book, but, as of now, anyone wishing to read any new poetry must PM me, and I'll PM them. Sorry everyone.

Oh, no! How terrible! I'm so sad! Ahhhh! "How can I live, if living is without your poems? How can I live anymooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee?, etc".

Publish your poems? How about publish my ass? Sounds good? Yay! Got a photocopier?

There's a reason poems are called 'poems' and not 'Random Collections Of Words That Lack Imagination And Have An Incredibly Immature Grammatical Structure'.

intoxicatedpoet
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, no! How terrible! I'm so sad! Ahhhh! "How can I live, if living is without your poems? How can I live anymooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee?, etc".

Publish your poems? How about publish my ass? Sounds good? Yay! Got a photocopier?

There's a reason poems are called 'poems' and not 'Random Collections Of Words That Lack Imagination And Have An Incredibly Immature Grammatical Structure'.

I really don't care about your opinion.

But, if you feel like giving constructive criticism and having a mature conversation instead of denouncing everything I say, then I'd gladly talk to you.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Sorry, Tipsy Tool. I don't think I could hold a mature conversation with someone who writes/types stuff like this and then acts like he's about to be published...

Originally posted by intoxicatedpoet
What is life?
And what is death?
What does it mean?
And why is it here?

What are we doing?
And why is it so?
Do we have meaning?
Or are we just dust?
In this universe,
Of creation,
And life,
and, inevitably, death.

Why?
I ask.
Why is it so?
And why is that?
Why am I writing?
And why are you reading?
Why am I living?
And should it be so?

Why is this here?
And why is that there?

Where are we now?
And where should we be?

What is true?
And what is false?

Should I do it?
Or should I abstain?

Should I feel happy?
Or should I feel shame?

Am I?
Are you?

Should we?
Should we not?

I don't know.
Give me answers.
Tell me.
Tell me.
Tell me please.
Tell it to me.
Share it with me.
Share you secrets.
Tell the world.

What's this spot on me nose?
When, dear god, will it goes?
Oh! Woe is me! I didn't chose!
Stop being so greasy! Get orf my nose!

Why does it sit there and puke puss?
Staring at it more and I'll miss me bus!
I'll be late an' dey'll call me a wuss!
Jus' because my nose is full of puss!

Why me, you little bugger?
I only ate 3 Maccy D's, not another!
Jimmy The Greek, got orf wid me mother!
Now, my mate is also me father/brother!

Nose?
Spot! Acne; Why?
Clearsil?
Use it?
Make it dry?
Oh! Why!?!
Squeeze the fuccker!
He cost me a mother!
I wish it would go,
I can't afford to blow!
The puss would squirt,
And I'd be alone. No mother.

Fin.

intoxicatedpoet
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Sorry, Tipsy Tool. I don't think I could hold a mature conversation with someone who writes/types stuff like this and then acts like he's about to be published...

What's this spot on me nose?
When, dear god, will it goes?
Oh! Woe is me! I didn't chose!
Stop being so greasy! Get orf my nose!

Why does it sit there and puke puss?
Staring at it more and I'll miss me bus!
I'll be late an' dey'll call me a wuss!
Jus' because my nose is full of puss!

Why me, you little bugger?
I only ate 3 Maccy D's, not another!
Jimmy The Greek, got orf wid me mother!
Now, my mate is also me father/brother!

Nose?
Spot! Acne; Why?
Clearsil?
Use it?
Make it dry?
Oh! Why!?!
Squeeze the fuccker!
He cost me a mother!
I wish it would go,
I can't afford to blow!
The puss would squirt,
And I'd be alone. No mother.

Fin.

Ok, you're right that poem does indeed suck, and so do many in this thread, so I guess I'll have to age as a writer and poet before I even think about getting published.

intoxicatedpoet
Originally posted by NunYahBidness
at least you show originality in that it is not like so many others....but who's to say how one progressess in this art one calls poetry.

keep to this style, it is very good

I agree, when I try my hand at the formatted style that most use I end up writing rather dry poems with boring themes, I'll use my paragraph-style for the rest of my work.

DreamingWarrior
groovy works bro. why the namechange?

Coldfire
I'd like to hear some more happy

NunYahBidness

Coldfire

intoxicatedpoet
Satin night gowns
And golden kings crowns
Are made with silver and gold

While the cats grow old
In mold covered houses
Where the junkie sells his blouses

intoxicatedpoet
Virgin beauty sears through hot white skys, it perches on the highest treetop, and remains there, untouched and unscathed by the trials of time. It is absent, and unknown, to the mortal souls beneath it's perch. It sings its unheard song, on it's perch, on it's perch, atop the unknown treetop of the heavens.

intoxicatedpoet

intoxicatedpoet
What is a dog?
What is a cat?
What is the blade of grass we trample in our infrequent walks?

Are these things meant to be known by the human membrane?
Or are they an unsolvable paradox to the mind?

I know not these things as much as you
I spare my mind the effort of thought
By not caring or understanding the whimsical branches that cradled us into life
But instead
I merely acknowledge their existence

DreamingWarrior
interesting work. tripping much lately? haha...

Coldfire
interesting work. tripping much lately? haha...
Lol stick out tongue

Good stuff yes

NunYahBidness
Virgin beauty sears through hot white skys, it perches on the highest treetop, and remains there, untouched and unscathed by the trials of time. It is absent, and unknown, to the mortal souls beneath it's perch. It sings its unheard song, on it's perch, on it's perch, atop the unknown treetop of the heavens. truly beautiful this piece. and i cannot in good conscience rate/review this as i do others on another site to which i am a member.

the flow of the words. the imagery evokes memories long dormant for a time when love and honour were a thing many held. i am enthralled by it's simplicity and it's complexity. truly amazing. one of your best.

Syren
I agree... it's intoxicating to read, reminiscences of long lost moments... I can't do the work justice with my limited vocab ninja It's simply devine.

intoxicatedpoet
Just to let people know I'm not dead:

Dark rains topple from dark skies, and fall upon the dark earth, which fills a dark void, crowded by dark people. Listen, can you hear the darkness turn to grey? Can you hear the grey bellow unto the skies, and fall from them, and return? Can you hear the end of the world, dying off from the poison it carries?

intoxicatedpoet
Sensing the flesh of my bretherin being ripped from bone, I leave the world of choas and disorder over my shoulder. And instead I search for baneless world, where white skies meet white clouds, and the senses lay at rest, not bothered by the tearing of flesh from bone.

Sorry if my new poems are too short and simplistic.

DreamingWarrior
Nicely done my friend. nicely done. and howdy! hahaha!

Coldfire
Just to let people know I'm not dead:

Dark rains topple from dark skies, and fall upon the dark earth, which fills a dark void, crowded by dark people. Listen, can you hear the darkness turn to grey? Can you hear the grey bellow unto the skies, and fall from them, and return? Can you hear the end of the world, dying off from the poison it carries?
omg hi! I've missed seein ya around hug

Your stuff is always so descriptive; I like it happy

intoxicatedpoet

DreamingWarrior

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.