The Gargoyles vs TMNT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

8bitChris
The Gargoyles against everyones' favorite Turtles in a half shell.

Leonardo leads.
Donatello does machines.
Raphael is cool but rude.
Micheangelo is a party dude!

The Gargoyls have Goliath, the dog Gargoyle, the little bald one, fat one with a sword, Goliath's daughter, that one with a beak, and the police chick that just runs around and never participates. (Sorry, i'm not that great with names.)

Oh, and the battle is at night, just to be fair.

EvilCap America
The Turtles ave slightly above human capabilities and some pretty wickedly awesome ninja skills

All of the Gargoyles have superhuman strength that can all gain some extra tonnage onto that strength if angry and can shrug off a pretty good amount of damage.Goliath himself was also considered one of the most skilled warriors of his age then factor in flight and the extra numbers and they have an advanage

The Turtles could probably take out a few of them with ambush tactics but would hard pressed to catch the "Dog" or Goliath with the same moves.In a straight out fight they would hold their own but they would be taken out H2H

radioboy121
They have tougher skin than humans, but the Gargoyles were still susceptible to cut wounds, gun fire etc. which means Leonardo and Raphael will be in particularly dangerous to them. But numbers might still favor the Gargoyles (there was a comic?).

"little bald one" - Lexington
"fat one" - Hudson
Goliath's daughter - Angela
"one with a beak" - Brooklyn
"police chick" - Elisa Maza

LordFear
This didn't indicate prep time therefore I would bring it up.
But even without turtles can take most of them out aside from Goliath.
Goliath is similar to Superman in the sense that when he goes apeshit, his skills increase two fold.
Victor: Goliath but very battle torn

ScarletSpider
Yeah, there was a Gargoyles comic. I think the property was licensed to Marvel, but I'm not sure. I just remember having a couple at some point.

I love the TMNT, but I'd have to say the Gargoyles win. That was a great show, is there any news of a Gargoyles DVD anytime soon?

8bitChris
No, but you can watch Gargoyles on that one cartoon channel I forget which one. But they also show 90's xmen, spiderman and amazing friends, and spierman

CorderaMitchell
Turtles................ Are better team players, and work together better in my opinion.

8bitChris
I think Goliath is the deciding factor. I think the fighting capability of the is greater than that of Gargoyles crew.

The girl is a nonfactor. I think it will come down to Goliath against probably two turtles at once.

Turtles with weapons take it. Raph stabs Goliath with sais for the real damage.

Zenoside
Personally I think it would probably come down to both leaders in a showdown.

Superior Medival warrior skills versus superior Ninja skills.

Though going on what both those styles do I'd have to lean toward Leo on this one.

Ninjas were trained specificly to counter weapons of the conventional kind. Plus, hes the most highly skilled turtle.

Goliath is one tough cookie, but the Turtles have stood worse chances.

If any of you saw the movies you know what Im talking about. Superior number are not a factor with the Turtles. Period.

CorderaMitchell
I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved the movies. God anyone know any quotes.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Zenoside
Personally I think it would probably come down to both leaders in a showdown.

Superior Medival warrior skills versus superior Ninja skills.

Though going on what both those styles do I'd have to lean toward Leo on this one.

Ninjas were trained specificly to counter weapons of the conventional kind. Plus, hes the most highly skilled turtle.

Goliath is one tough cookie, but the Turtles have stood worse chances.

If any of you saw the movies you know what Im talking about. Superior number are not a factor with the Turtles. Period.

Golaiath beats Xanatos a guy with a suit of power armor with full flight capacity nearly on par strength packing lasers and pretty upper level martial arts skill.For sheer caliber opponents they have taken on Goliath took on a pretty much godlike Oberon and held out until he turned his body into Diamond as he punched him

CorderaMitchell
I think shredder could easily mow through many of these gargoyles alone...................

Zenoside
Leonardo: Awesome!
Michaelangelo: Righteous!
Donatello: Bossa nova!
Michaelangelo: Bossa nova?
Donatello: Chevy Nova?

Zenoside
Michelangelo: Wise man say, "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

CorderaMitchell
Leo: you take the ugly one!

Raph: no you take the ugly one!

Don: I'll take the ugly one!

Mikey: Which one's the ugly one!?!

Zenoside
The Shredder: You fight well in the old style, but you've caused me enough trouble. Now you face... The Shredder.
Donatello: The Shredder?
Michelangelo: Uuh... maybe all that hardware's for making coleslaw.

One of my faves XD

Zenoside
Originally posted by EvilCap America
Golaiath beats Xanatos a guy with a suit of power armor with full flight capacity nearly on par strength packing lasers and pretty upper level martial arts skill.For sheer caliber opponents they have taken on Goliath took on a pretty much godlike Oberon and held out until he turned his body into Diamond as he punched him

And? The turtles have stormed an enemy base, fought shredder, his minions, AND Krang. (A brain encased in a giant robot fighting suit, that flies, has lasers, rockets, you name it)

CorderaMitchell
M: this one suffered from shell shock
D: too derivative
M:looks like we're going to shell it out
D: too cliche'
M:well it was a shell of a good hit!
D:I LIKE IT!!! STEP UP!!!

one of my favorites..

EvilCap America
And? The turtles have stormed an enemy base, fought shredder, his minions, AND Krang. (A brain encased in a giant robot fighting suit, that flies, has lasers, rockets, you name it)

Yeah and beat babbiling incompetint 80s villians that Papa smurf would have beat by virtue of not being evil

Gargoyles had competint villians at least and didnt automatically fall apart when confronted by good guys.Heck the good guys even lost a fair share which made actally winning worth something

Zenoside
What the f**k?

Now now, dont degrade yourself into cruel language my friend.

TMNT started before gargoyles did, and it had a much lighter mood than that of Gargoyles. Surely you arent saying because it had a lighter mood that it somehow degrades my argument?

I liked TMNT because of its lighter mood actually.

Anyway, getting back to the topic...

I was just supplying a counter-argument on the basis you set.

You said that the Gargoyles took on some exo-suit o' power right?

Well I gave you a competent retort, and you try to prove me wrong by insulting the show?

Fact is, The turtles fought something similar, and in my opinion they would win a fight against the gargoyles.

Have the Gargoyles ever fought 30+ guys all at the same time? Not that I have seen.

Have the turtles lost battles? Yep, plenty. (Even if you watched just the movie you'd know this)

Have both the Gargoyles and the TMNT fought a suped up exo-suit o' power? yup yes

EvilCap America
The first cartoon is an embarassment the comic rawked through.The newer cartoon would be a better example it tries a little bit at least

Zenoside
Yes the comic was great, I have to agree whole heartidly.

I would try to use the new series as an example, if it were not for the fact that it totally destroyed the turtles just to make them be 'cool' for kids nowadays.

Turtles in space?....no

8bitChris
To tell you the truth, I was the biggest TMNT fan there was. I went to Pizza Hut and got all the special movies etc...Went to the rock concert when they had the "Out of their SHell" tour lol. I must have been 7 or so.

Now I feel old. Gargoyles was also one of the regular cartoons in my rotation though. It's sad to look back at them on the brink of extinction.

X-men is the cartoon that got me into comics.

My point? Don't really have one. I still like watching cartoons and I just turned 21 :P.

Zenoside
I still have a pic of me when I was little hugging a Leonardo in Universal studios.

*sniff* Memories....

Zenoside
Bebop: Oh, oh boy, boss. Are we going to beat up on the toitles?
Shredder: If I know you, you're going to get beat up by the Turtles!
Rocksteady: What's the difference as long as somebody gets beat up?

Some classic goodness.

CorderaMitchell
wait, most think the original turtles cartoon is better than the new one, I love em' both though...

CorderaMitchell
What the f**k?

Now now, dont degrade yourself into cruel language my friend.

TMNT started before gargoyles did, and it had a much lighter mood than that of Gargoyles. Surely you arent saying because it had a lighter mood that it somehow degrades my argument?

I liked TMNT because of its lighter mood actually.

Anyway, getting back to the topic...

I was just supplying a counter-argument on the basis you set.

You said that the Gargoyles took on some exo-suit o' power right?

Well I gave you a competent retort, and you try to prove me wrong by insulting the show?

Fact is, The turtles fought something similar, and in my opinion they would win a fight against the gargoyles.

Have the Gargoyles ever fought 30+ guys all at the same time? Not that I have seen.

Have the turtles lost battles? Yep, plenty. (Even if you watched just the movie you'd know this)

Have both the Gargoyles and the TMNT fought a suped up exo-suit o' power? yup yes

First showing of his debating prowress.

cherry cola
the newer tmnt cartoons are better in terms of action but the originals had a certain style you don't see in cartoons any more.

CorderaMitchell
yes and personality and humor, the new ones were more dramatic and mature with the "to be continued" and such.

Mainstream
I like the both..but the newer one is better...it's got more action, dark and light humor...the Shedder a threat..but each turtle is basically like they were on the old toon. Leo the serious leader. Don the brain. Mikey the surfer kid. and Raph the angry bad ass...Leo the best though..my fav

CorderaMitchell
YEa but the old one also had the memories, you just can't forget, I stillhave some of those tapes, and the old school April, YOWZERS.

Mainstream
Pizza Delivery guy: one 22 one 22 and and 8th one 22 and a 8th now where the heck is one 22 and a 8th?

Mikey: your standing on it dude! slide it down here dude.

Pizza guy: give me that..hey this a 10 the tab says 13

Mikey: your 2 minutes late dude.

Pizza guy: c'mon I couldn't find the place.

Mikey: wise my say forgive is divine but never pay full price for late pizza.

Pizza guy: I got get me a new route.

shaber
Goliath is stronger than any turtle, but the turtles have the sense to attend the battle with sledgehammers at high noon.

Lexington, Brooklyn, Broadway and his aged father Hudson, along with their dog could probably be beaten by the turtles quite easily at night.

BENITO
The Shredder: You fight well in the old style, but you've caused me enough trouble. Now you face... The Shredder.
Donatello: The Shredder?
Michelangelo: Uuh... maybe all that hardware's for making coleslaw.

One of my faves XD
don't challenge me to a tmnt quote match Dude I'll beat ya.

shaber
Xanatos' stale platitude would not have been enough for me in awakening - "Go ahead - without me you'd still be gathering moss." Or in City of Stone; "Do you want vengeance or a solution?"

Zenoside
Originally posted by BENITO
don't challenge me to a tmnt quote match Dude I'll beat ya.
My arse you would...

CorderaMitchell
no one beats me in TMNT quotes, i can recite the movies.

"California Roll"

BENITO
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
no one beats me in TMNT quotes, i can recite the movies.

"California Roll"
Whoa!?!
I've got a whole Document on quotes colour coded for each character when I hear a good one from the old cartoons new cartoon comics or one of the movies I type it in Word for word

Ninja Kick the Dam rabbit

illadelph12
laughing

Turtles win by the way. Gargoyles are comparable to Triceratons, and the Turtles had no true issue with platoons worth of them.

BENITO
Originally posted by illadelph12
laughing

Turtles win by the way. Gargoyles are comparable to Triceratons, and the Turtles had no true issue with platoons worth of them.
what episode was that cause I'm in the Uk and we haven't gotten season 3 yet

CorderaMitchell
I thought I'd' mentioned that maybe it was in the batman thread.

"You dirty little rat you killed my brother,oooooooooooo."

illadelph12
Well, it's in the comics, and it's also a storyline of the new, more closely tied to the canon material cartoon series. I think late Season 2 to Season 3.

Have you gotten the Battle Nexus Tournament Episodes yet over there?

CorderaMitchell
Yes we've gotten past that, mikey wins, and then draco and ultimate warrior fuse together.

BENITO
Originally posted by illadelph12
Well, it's in the comics, and it's also a storyline of the new, more closely tied to the canon material cartoon series. I think late Season 2 to Season 3.

Have you gotten the Battle Nexus Tournament Episodes yet over there?
the Mirage second series the nothing war or something cause I haven't read that they should release it as a Graphic Novel

xmarksthespot
Is it daytime or night? Cos if it's day... duh.
If it's night TMNT still win. Goliath's the only one that'd give them any trouble. If you chuck in Goliath's wife/girlfriend/breeding partner?, Demona then the Gargoyles win though cos if I recall she can't die.

BTW Anyone else think the little ugly gargoyle looks a lot like Gollum from LOTR.

CorderaMitchell
interstin, i never thunk it,

nice sig.

Next Venom_girl
Gargoyles, they got those dive bomb attacks.... provided the fight takes place at night. Otherwise they are screwed. stick out tongue

CorderaMitchell
Bah splinter would hand it to them smile

chilled monkey
One on one, Goliath could take each of them. Group combat however, would be a different matter.

CorderaMitchell
Hmmm, now I have seen the turtles pull off impressive feats against the tricerations and stockman who's technology was way superior.

The turtles are a but beyond human.

Azure
Originally posted by 8bitChris
The Gargoyles against everyones' favorite Turtles in a half shell.

Leonardo leads.
Donatello does machines.
Raphael is cool but rude.
Micheangelo is a party dude!

The Gargoyls have Goliath, the dog Gargoyle, the little bald one, fat one with a sword, Goliath's daughter, that one with a beak, and the police chick that just runs around and never participates. (Sorry, i'm not that great with names.)

Oh, and the battle is at night, just to be fair. that is a BBBBIIIIIIIIIIGGGG insult to me mad

wolverine8888
u know whats kinda interesting michealangalo is a good deal faster then the other three. raph the close to him but he still a lot quicker when training raph has a very hard time of landing any hits on him. also in his bio michealangalo is the fastest of the turtles. thats just a little interesting fact

Metalmanx
Something that will definitely turn the tides here.

The gargoyles can't fly. They glide. And since they'll most likely start on the same ground as the turtles, the wings are USELESS.

Actually, they may prove useful to the turtles, who can stab/beat/pound on the wings to hurt them given the opportunity.

Each of the turtles are exceptionally well-trained in their art. They're all basically masters of their weapon fighting style.

The turtles win this fight through sheer skill alone.

wolverine8888
for once I agree with metal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.