Why do you like gore?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stingray005
Ok, this thread might suck... but whatever. Anyway after looking at like 20 horror threads, I realized that half the people who go to see horror movies see it just because of the gore (myself almost included)
So why do you like gore?

WindDancer
Because is entertaining...

BaronOBeefDip
Simple...blood is fun.

Cinemaddiction
It's a release.

Wickerman
i love to just relax, sit back and watch some mindless chaotic slaughtering and gore, massacring, maiming, etc. etc.
It helps me unwind a lot....don't as why cause i can't explain.

~wickerman~

zombiesnake7
I don't know. It bothers me that I like to see gore but hey as long as its mostly just pretend gore and violence there shoundn't be a problem.

tabby999
nothing like seing someones throat explode

beta-wolf_101
I geuss its because I'm mental

Xtremechik2
I like seeing people get slaughtered

papabeard
Its a little rush, the reaction your body has to seeing something that kind of disgusts and scares you.

Wickerman
i don't remember which movie i saw this in, but it was a brilliant comment something along the lines of:

"The only REALLY good movie, is the one that affects you on a biological level. The one that makes your stomach churn or your heart feel like exploding."

~wickerman~

b-dan
i like to see the poeple die that wh laughing evil face

eggmayo
Takes out your primal instinct to kill, brings up your survival instinct.

MildPossession
Coming face to face with certain horrible things without being in danger.

beta-wolf_101
Gore is just fun to look at since you never see it in real life

eggmayo
Originally posted by beta-wolf_101
Gore is just fun to look at since you never see it in real life
Or you do, then realise how fake a lot of movies actually are.

BaronOBeefDip
I think it has to do with my sick fantasies of running through fountains of blood.

Luetchyboy
guess I am the only one not watching horror movies for their gore.

xLiNdS x 622x
i dont watch them for the gore but maybe because most of the time, the people who get murdered or w.e are plain stupid and youre thinkin "If they're gonna do that, they deserve to be slaughtered!"

kmcdude
I dont have a reason,really embarrasment

novice
I take notes so i know what to do when there's raw chicken that's sitting in my sink.

Gaetane
Okay, i think all horrorfans hope to be scared again, like when we where little, but after all these years of seeing these movies we have become more and more immune to their scares, so that's why the gore comes in, first to scare us or to shock. But personally i like to see what new special effects they have come up with, and admitt it it's very entertaining. To me the ultimate GORE movie is still John Carpenters 'The Thing'
(And don't worry i love the tread!! thumb up

Gregory
Just out of curiosity, did you enjoy Halloween or the Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Since neither was especially gory ...

stingray005
Halloween was actually one of the first horror movies I've ever seen, so it's definetely one of my favorites, even though there was like no gore. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre didn't actually scare me considering it was more disturbing than gory if anything.

Zilverz
it helps highten (i cant spell) the mood. Bringing it to a Brutal level. Definately adds to an already great movie.

I sometimes just laugh at it .. usually because the application was so well done and insane that i would want to shake the mans hand that set it up.

Zilverz
Originally posted by stingray005
Halloween was actually one of the first horror movies I've ever seen, so it's definetely one of my favorites, even though there was like no gore. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre didn't actually scare me considering it was more disturbing than gory if anything.

good examples of GREAT horror movies that didnt need gore to be successful. Like backfire always says "you complete many of the scenes in your mind" and its still very effective in altering your mood sensations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.