Crap Suddenly Doesnt Work/Show Up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morbid4Daniel
Okayyy first example, every time I try to open Windows Media Player..an error message box pops up saying 'An Internet Application Error Has Occurred'. Restarting wont help.
Another is when I go to click programs that I KNOW I havent deleted, they wont open, its just as if they've never been installed. And one more is when I go to Start<Search, when the search window comes up on the left side where there is supposed to be all kinds of words and a few bars to add something in to search for, none of that is there, just a blue screen with a puppy on it.
What did I do? and what CAN I do? Any help, please?

shaber
Sounds like you could have a virus. Since the more computer literate members aren't responding I can only recommend using the most up to date antivirus software for a complete scan of all systems and drives.

Morbid4Daniel
Already tried it. erm Im not that ill-literate, Im just not good with errors. Other then that im fine. It has to do something with the .dll files in the WMP folder, I bet.
Ive tried google, and the windows site but they dont help.

Lana
What version of WMP do you have?

Try re-installing it, you probably have a corrupt file or something.

Morbid4Daniel
WMP 9.
Yeah, I was thinking of that. I tried this morning but It takes so long and I dont have that much internet time considering I get phone calls throughout the day at random times.

Lana
Do it when it's later at night, then, so you'll be less likely to get interrupted by phone calls.

Morbid4Daniel
My brother comes home around 9:00 erm That was a good idea though. When he comes home he unhooks my computer and hooks his up.

The Ones
thats not fair. put it away for a while and try downloading it. or dont bother about the phone calls one or the other

Morbid4Daniel
Okie. thx.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.