Duel between Anakin and Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
There should have been a duel between Anakin and Mace Windu. There is enough tension between the two charcters to deserve this in ROTS. Their duel would have been amazing.

Wickerman
there was no reason for it given the way the script was made. But if you want to talk about a hypothetical "Who would win" situation, do a search in the Star Wars vs. forum thumb up

~wickerman~

Ast Rofan
I agree, there has been a problem between the characters since E1. It ould have been nice to see them duel.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
I agree, there has been a problem between the characters since E1. It ould have been nice to see them duel.

how/where would you have fitted it in the script without having to change a BIG part of it, AND the time format as well?

~wickerman~

Camo Di Mass
Not really . It couldn't happen because Anakin wouldn't be decided enough to fight him . He still has doubts when he is cutting of his hand . It was an impulse , a moment , quick choice that made him do what he had done . He wouldn't even start fighting ..he would be like "I'm sorry master Windu , I'm not worth to be a Jedi , let's kill this bastard and kick me out of the temple "

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Wickerman
how/where would you have fitted it in the script without having to change a BIG part of it, AND the time format as well?

~wickerman~

Im not saying it would have fit, but given the build up they had, it would have been nice to see them fight. But I do like it as is. Though early rumors of Anakin being there when Mace came in where cool, I believe Anakin defends Palps which started the duel, then somehow Palps got the death blow, maybe wrong.

DarkYoda
I don't know... there were so many fights as it was. It would have taken away from the Obi-Wan/Anakin brother vs brother fight if there was yet another Windu/Anakin brother vs brother fight.

matreid
Mace would got his ass kicked into the next galaxy.

PVS
well....technically they did duel...for like 1/4 of a second...and mace didnt realise he was partaking in that duel............

Red Superfly
I always assumed that it would have been Anakin to finish off Mace.

Vader really needed to take out a big Jedi name. Mace would have been the perfect choice.

They could have editted it really easily. Palps is threatened by Windu, Anakin ignites his saber and fights Mace, and beats him fair and square. Would have been way cooler and establish Vader as the kick ass Jedi killing machine I THOUGHT he was.

Stealth Agent
a duel would of been awesome, theres a dule in the vid game. I like the dialoge betweeen the too in the fight in the vid game

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by PVS
well....technically they did duel...for like 1/4 of a second...and mace didnt realise he was partaking in that duel............

laughing

Wickerman
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Vader really needed to take out a big Jedi name. Mace would have been the perfect choice.

They could have editted it really easily. Palps is threatened by Windu, Anakin ignites his saber and fights Mace, and beats him fair and square. Would have been way cooler and establish Vader as the kick ass Jedi killing machine I THOUGHT he was.

Easily edited indeed, however, not easily integrated. A duel between Anakin and Mace would've taken a long time (otherwise Windu fans would be b1tching about how Anakin won too easily and blah blah blah. And the duel time wouldn't be easily put in sad

~wickerman~

Ani's Girl
sad ROTS game was sold out when I went to buy it. Had to settle for AOTC

Ani's Girl
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Why did he still let people call him Ani in III? If they did bloopers, they should have Padme call him Ani as he is switching to the Dark Side, him Force choke her, then say, the name's Anakin, that's Lord Vader to you bi**h! Now that would be funny! laughing

matreid
The duel in the game is really good. Mace is actually really easy to beat.

Ani's Girl
I don't know if Anakin could finish off Mace, unless he let his emotions really help him. Obi Wan beat him, and Mace being a Master when Obi Wan was still an apprentice; his skills were probably better, I would think.

Wickerman
Originally posted by matreid
The duel in the game is really good. Mace is actually really easy to beat.

And so was Marka Ragnos' ghost in Jedi Academy....can everyone say "It doesn't matter" ?

~wickerman~

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by Wickerman
Easily edited indeed, however, not easily integrated. A duel between Anakin and Mace would've taken a long time (otherwise Windu fans would be b1tching about how Anakin won too easily and blah blah blah. And the duel time wouldn't be easily put in sad

~wickerman~

i'd rather see that duel than all of general grievous's scenes!!
what a letdown mad

Ani's Girl
Originally posted by Ani's Girl
Why did he still let people call him Ani in III? If they did bloopers, they should have Padme call him Ani as he is switching to the Dark Side, him Force choke her, then say, the name's Anakin, that's Lord Vader to you bi**h! Now that would be funny! laughing

Didn't anybody else think that would be a funny blooper/deleted scene/special feature? Or am I just sick, LOL!!

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
i'd rather see that duel than all of general grievous's scenes!!
what a letdown mad

Mace Vs. Anakin - nice duel that pleases a lot of the fans, but takes up time and is a bummer against the obi vs. Anakin fight at the end
General Grievous being in the movie - new character whos image and everything about him can be turned into merchandise that would produce a large amount of money as well as new fanboys - PRICELESS sick

~wickerman~

Ogami Itto
Sad but true my friend!!
i thought GG was gonna be so cool but NO!!!he was a joke!!! coughing and s**t!

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
Sad but true my friend!!
i thought GG was gonna be so cool but NO!!!he was a joke!!! coughing and s**t!

Thank Windu for that sad

~wickerman~

Ogami Itto
are u referring to clone wars??if so that means Lucas must think it's canon!!oh dear

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.