acrobatics contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikedgravity
so lets put nightcrawler and spiderman in an acrobatics contest.how does it play out?

seaapple
Hmm...maybe Nightcrawler on floor routines and trampoline, Spider-Man on the rings, parallel bars, and pommel horse?

black robb
i know someone already made this thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349545&highlight=acrobatics

stormfront13
definitley nightcrawle

Zahit
spiderman wins this cause his body has superhuman attributes
that nightcrawler doesn't. they can both do essentially the same
things, but spiderman's strength, flexibility, resilience and stuff
allows him to do it at a greater level.
for example:
they can both flip around all over the floor and bars,
but spiderman's leaps are far greater.....

stormfront13
yeah, nightcrawler should be more flexible than spidey, it has been said that he has almost no backbone. he is built for it has a tail for extra balance and everything. he has enhanced limbs, and years as a circus acrobate. nightcrawler has the natural grace, and adaptivity to cling to surfaces with his tails and hands, ideal for bars and such. nightcrawler is mor expierenced in this area and his body is built for stuff like this

stormfront13
is this just like a gymnastics contest or something??

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by stormfront13
yeah, nightcrawler should be more flexible than spidey, it has been said that he has almost no backbone. he is built for it has a tail for extra balance and everything. he has enhanced limbs, and years as a circus acrobate. nightcrawler has the natural grace, and adaptivity to cling to surfaces with his tails and hands, ideal for bars and such. nightcrawler is mor expierenced in this area and his body is built for stuff like this

He has backbone. But it is very flexible. And I think tha tnightcrawler is better acrobat, too.

stormfront13
well yeah he would have to have a backbone, but it is so flexible it is almost like not having one, that was what i was implying

radioboy121
Nightcrawler has been dazzled by Spiderman's speed and agility before (and Beast). Spiderman is more agile. A better match would be against Longshot.

who?-kid
Spider-Man and Nightcrawler are very agile, and I don't think somebody can actually prove that SM is more agile than NC, or vice versa.

I vote for SM, because he can do anything that NC can do agility-wise, but he can do it also much faster. But that's only my opinion of course.

stormfront13
but this is an acrobat contest, that is what nightcrawler did for a living a while back. he has so much more experence in this area then spidey does.

DarkCrawler
Well, Spider-Man has been done this since he was 16...he has quite a lot of experience in acrobatics too.

who?-kid
If memory serves me right, Spider-Man has also done acrobatic shows (for a live audience and for TV).

stormfront13
really, nightcrawler has done it for almost all his life

CorderaMitchell
Here are my points of view from the similar debate..

"Kurt has the better body for acrobating, but spiderman has the speed, and agility. Kurt is very close, but in the sake of bars and swings, Kurt would be more flashy as he can grip with his feet, and tail.
Spiderman would do better in events that require a long jump or great feat of strength to get to one place or another, but he's close with Kurt, but has versatility that leads me to believe he's #1"

"I know it involves dexterity, it just depends on what feats you are
talking about, its like gymnastics. Spiderman has the greater strength and could do these spins and flips many times no doubt, as well as Kurt.
For instance I think Spidermans greatest point is his start, he would get a good launch, hang (strength), have a faster movement, and get more times to spin and twist and flip. His landing would be better than others but not Kurt, though I'm sure he would be the only to land on one hand from a really high fall.
Kurt would be strong in his finishes. His start, wouldn't be as strong as spidermans, but he would make up for it, with his natural grace, and adaptivity to cling to surfaces with his tails and hands, ideal for bars and such. He does not have the strength to do what spidey could do for as long, but he adept and BORN to do it.
Spiderman acrobatics were a gift, Kurts were his birthright, but I think strength would give him the opportunity to catch the air in his ascent of his jumps."

"I agree with parts of it and I understand those terms fine , Agility=dexterity in movement basically, or adroitness in movement regardless spiderman just has the body necessary to take this, his abilites make up for his experience, in some aspects he is no rookie.

Spiderman does things better than some of the most experienced at times, its close between him and Kurt."

"Beast and nightcrawler are actually very similar in that aspect.
Agility is nice, but feats like this require, exceptional strength as well. The bicep,tricep, latissimus dorsi(back, upper and outer), and middle and upper trapezius(neck and imbetween shoulders), are used here, spiderman could easily do it, and if you removed that goofy costume, he could probably do an episode with peter beating Kurt at his own game, after all , Kurt was impressed byPeter's agility before."

"I get that, buuuuuuuuuuuut gymnastics is similar to acrobatics, and the example was used for the sake of dexterity. I think Kurt would look more flashy, but spiderman would be able to accomplish greater feats, your call."

"If there's teleport there's webbing too.
Basically its down to the same, spidey's "lack of experience" but better abilites, versus the more experienced. Though he doesn't have any formal training, spiderman is no fool in agility and obstacles nor moving gracefully. Regardless the first thing u think of with spiderman is dodging and gracefullness."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.