The Defenders vs JLA & Avengers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Bloodlust Silver Surfer.evil face
Bloodlust Hulk.
Bloodlust Strange.
Bloodlust Namor.

vs

JLA-normal-roster.
Avengers-normal roster

Fight takes place on an adamantium planet, 5 feet deep in salt water.

No prep. Only allowed the weapons they have on them before getting transported into the frey.

Flyers start in air.

Cosmic Cube
Defenders, after a good fight.

long pig
How so?

Cosmic Cube
Dr. Strange, a pissed off Silver Surfer, an enraged Hulk, and... Namor. That's how. smile

Mainstream
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Dr. Strange, a pissed off Silver Surfer, an enraged Hulk, and... Namor. That's how. smile

indeed CC

stormfront13
not that it would matter all that much but do the avengers have scarlet witch?

omnipotent1
He's fought the mightiest foes of any Marvel Character. I don't know of any Marvel Character that has fought beings on the level of Eternity, Living Tribunal, Dormammu Etc and could come out on top or alive. Even very early on he was able to go toe to toe with Loki. What he has been able to do has depended on his level. Master of Mystic Arts or Sorcerer Supreme Etc.

As a Sorcerer Supreme he is as close to potentially omnipotent as any human Marvel Character can be. It's not so much that any one power he has is super destructive, rather it's the incredible number of abilities he can have via magic. All the other superbeings here have powers in one or two areas. Dr. Strange via magic has any power he wants. He can make himself strong as the hulk. He can summon magic to destroy a planet. He can make himself superfast and on and on.

He speaks to the Vishanti the powers behind many gods. Nobody else does that. Only the Surfer comes close (talking to Galactis)

While playing is role as a Defender, you never get to see him let loose, but given a chance, and under the merciless influence of bloodlust. He would probably not so much try to defeat those he fought as much as just transport them so far away that returning would take a million years.

Magic isn't about overpowering your foe as much as it is removing them from the game.

Once the foes were all exiled. Then a smart Dr. Strange would decide what to do with each one at a time.

shaolin9976
Defenders would have a hard time beating JLA. So with JLA teaming up with AVENGERS, I don't see how they can beat those two? So Defenders lose this one..for sure!

DigiMark007
...welcome back to LP's KMC bid to increase awareness of the Defenders and try and make them seem cool, even when they're really just a thrown-together team that Marvel wanted to make more money on.

Bloodlust Strange??? What the hell does that even mean?

"I shall cast my spells with extra potency, for I am enraged with the fury of Agamotto." Then Hulk, whose bloodlust actually means something, says "Shut up and cast spells, puny magic-type, or Hulk Smash!" Then Strange bows his head in shame and walks away.

No prep, the Defenders are screwed. With enough prep Strange could make it interesting, and Surfer is as good as any one brawler from the other 2 teams, but numbers would win out. Superman, WW, Flash, GL, Thor, Iron Man, etc. They'd overwhelm the Defenders, who would put up a decent fight but wouldn't win.

-DM

P.S. just messing with you lp...the defenders are cool.

jrodslam
In the Order series, it took the Avengers, X-Men,. Spiderman, Daredevil, S.H.I.E.L.D, F.F, just to fight the big 4. Eventhough the fight was interrupted, you see the alliance formed against them. Thats way more than the normal rosters of the JLA and Avengers.

Remember, its the JLA normal roster(Supes, Bats, Flash, GL, MM, WW, Aquaman)

Defenders win.

long pig
Me? naaahhh.evil face

I'm thinkin Strange could exile half the JLA with one spell, seeing he's not caring if they live or die.
Hulk can handle the Thors and the Herc's, Silver Surfer can handle everyone else. Namor is just going to kick Aquaman's ass for revenge.

I see no reason why they can't win after a bloody fight.

DigiMark007
I'm not so sure LP. Leonidas once made a case to me for Thor being able to hang with Surfer, and possibly beat him. I wouldn't argue that he'd win, but they could stalemate for a while. Supes could take Hulk, plenty of individual people could take Namor, and that leaves Strange vs. the majority of both teams. Maybe the good Dr. can pull it off, but I'd be inclined to say he couldn't...especially with no prep.

-DM

long pig
Thor once himself said "that blast would have killed me and the rest of the Avengers!" about a warning shot from SilverSurfer, I'm thinking Thor has no chance against him.

But yeah, it'd be a stretch to say they win, but it's certainly possible.

jinzin
whoever wins....WOLVERINE WINS....he's on both the defenders and the avengers..MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

long pig
I've been reading some old school Wolvie lately, and dammit, he was the shit back in 88-91...

jinzin
yep...actually I'm really loving the enemoy of the state storyline they got goin on right now...but his other titles just aren't that great...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.