Favorite Musical

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ashtonsNO1fan
whats ur fave musical. an oldie or a new one? a romance or comedy? Singing Nuns or Rocking Tranvestites? Shakespeare or Andrew Lloyd Webber? i obviously couldn't fit all the classics on so sorry if yours isnt on the list

LLG
1: Sound of Music
2: My Fair Lady
3: West Side Story
4: Chicago
5: Moulin Rouge
6: other

jnr hiphop
Out of that list the only ones ive seen are Grease, Phantom of the Opera and The Sound of Music. My favourite one would probably be Grease, but i think the best one there is Moulin Rouge.

ThePhantomsKiss
I LOVE Phantom of the Opera!!!!! eek!

ashtonsNO1fan
pass the point of no return. my fave song from it tho has to be the power of the music deffo

Piggle Humsy
No Mary Poppins! shock laughing out loud

Mary poppins
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Newsies
Calamity Jane
Grease
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Sound of music

and loads more...

being a singer.. I love musicals. big grin

Piggle Humsy
I forgot Annie!! eek!

Bardock42
Little Shop of Horrors
and
A Chorus Line

DeVi| D0do
Grease is the best.

I forgot about Seven Brides for Seven Brothers... that's great too big grin

hmm, they certainly don't make 'em like they used to...

jaden101
out of those...west side story...brilliant...out of all musicals including films...the wizard of oz

Piggle Humsy
and forgot

Little Shop of Horrors
Wizard of Oz
Beauty and the Beast
Meet Me in St. Louis
Dumbo

I'm sure there's more...

I love musicals!! danceemo

Bardock42
Oh yes "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"...great...just plain great

bakerboy
In that list should be the best musical ever, singing in the rain.

But i love musicals, i love movies like my fair lady, the sound of music, mary poppins, an american in paris, west side story, chicago, gig, lili, the brodway melody, top hat, moulin rouge, the phantom of the opera, the phantom of the paraise, grease, saturday nights fever, the wizard of oz, cabaret, etc. The musical is one of my favourite generes.

ThePhantomsKiss
Originally posted by ashtonsNO1fan
pass the point of no return. my fave song from it tho has to be the power of the music deffo

Yeah I love that,think it's the only one I can actually sing from the movie without squeeking.. eek! sad

I think the reason that all of us girls like the Phantom of the Opera (other than the AWESOME music) Is the Phantom (go figure!) But why do we like him?Because he is mysterious and if he did exist (HE DID! I KNOW HE DID!
mad mad mad mad ) He loved Christine to no end,therefor he is the type of man we girls day dream about and someday hope to find and marry,see...His love is true and so what if he isn't perfect? He still has the heart of an angel and he would honestly care about you probably more than any other man could.We like him simply because he is the strange angel we all hope to marry no matter what man he is in our lives we will eventually find our own angels of music....Just have to keep looking smile

WOAH eek! was that poetic or what?!?

ashtonsNO1fan
i also love the song "all i ask of you"

Evil Dead
pffft.........Rocky Horror........hands down.

Murray
Moulin Rouge and the Disney ones are my favorite. Moulin Rouge was a fantastic film. And I loved Beauty and the Beast.

ashtonsNO1fan
beauty and the beast is my fave cartoon of all time hands down

Murray
hell yeah!

Murray
Oh, do you think someone can tell me how to post a picture from the internet onto one of my posts? They don't have to do it on this forum, they can just send me a private message b/c there's a lot of pictures I would love to post on different forums.

Thanks!

romper_stomper
by the far the best musical would have to be "cannibal the musical"

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I'd have to say "The Phantom of the Opera" I love it so much! I just learned how to play "The Phantom of the Opera" and "All I ask of you" on the piano! What a great musical I watched it again last night, I cry my eyes out everytime sad its so sad, yet so good

LiL nAstY GirL
I like PoTO and Hairspray

*Georgina_A*
Was a tough call between PotO, Moulin Rouge and the Rocky Horror Show...but I voted for PotO.

Snowbeast
Of those listed, I chose Grease but my favourite is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I rarely watch musicals though.

ashtonsNO1fan
I think willy wonka is a gud film but now im older ive gone off it a bit.

Imperial_Samura
When I was particularly young I liked Dr. Dolittle. The musical one. The one with the giant Pink Snail at the end. Ah... so embarrassing.

Elessea
What exactly is your definition of a musical, something from broadway, a movie with singing people, or anything that happens to have a soundtrack messed?

I'm not trying to sound mean, i'm just a Drama kid, and those are such different types of plays/films that it is nearly impossible to compare them. And are you speaking of movie versions or broadway versions, the music, acting, which cast, etc? ermm

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. Cinematic musicals I always believed were films with an integral musical component, such as musical pieces that aid in the telling of a story. It's the whole warping of reality, as in most films it would be distinctly odd if the cast began singing and music started playing from no where. Thus a musical has this sense or unreality, but it doesn't detract, as the singing is a part of it. When I think of movie musicals I think of ones on the list, or Oliver, Mary Poppins and so forth.

And I am pretty sure it's just a general question, which film musical do you like the most?

Snowbeast
Originally posted by ashtonsNO1fan
I think willy wonka is a gud film but now im older ive gone off it a bit.

I seem to enjoy it more now than when I was a kid. I love the movie, it's one of my all time favourites.

ashtonsNO1fan
i like it, i cant wait to see charlie and the chocolate factory even tho it aint a musical

ladygrim
rocky horror show , chitty chityty bang bang , phantom of the opera ....

phantom_gurlz
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA! PHANTOM OF THE OPERA! I LOVE THE PHANTOM!

Erazmus
Willy Wonka, hands down. cool

rianna_d
"Paaaaaaaaaaaast the point of nooooooo retuuuuuuuuuurn"

I am so in love with THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA 2004
love it, absolutely love it

brooksie
Singin' In The Rain (1952)

Clementine
I haven't seen the new phantom of the opera...but I've heard it's really good. I used to LOVE the sound of music when I was little, and I have the grease soundtrack and movie, which I love too. The rocky horror picture show is awesome too! I love Tim curry...Ahh! too many good choices!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
What the? No 'Bugsy Malone'? Surely, you cannot be serious? That's the greatest musical there's ever been!

"You give a little love, and it all comes back to you..."

bakerboy
From the list, i loved grease, my fair lady, west side story, chicago and the sound of music.

I liked moulin rouge, chitty chitty bang bang and evita and phantom of the opera was so so. I preffer the brian depalma musical version title phatom of the paradise.

Impediment
Rocky Horror Picture Show & Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory tie for me. Both are timeless.

Other honorable mentions go to:

Rock & Roll High School
Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
The Wizard of Oz

ADarksideJedi
I have alot but I will just name a few:

Sweeny Todd

Oakoloma

Seven brides for seven brothers

Evita

Bye Bye birdie! smile

Mr Parker
I voted grease.Grease,hairspray and footloose the play are my three favorite musicals of all time.Footloose is my favorite movie of all time but its not a musical however they made a play out of the movie and it is a musical.

Its interesting that they are doing the same thing with footloose that they did to hairspray.Hairspray was a movie originally and it wasnt a musical.Then they made a play out of it and made it a musical and they then made a movie of the play and made the movie a musical.They are doing the same with footloose,they plan to have a musical movie release of it next summer.

Dreampanther
I can't believe nobody's mentioned The Jungle Book yet... no rock mad miffed

MildPossession
Nightmare Before Christmas for me.

Impediment
I still stand with Rocky Horror Picture Show and Willy Wonka an the Chocolate Factory as my #1 picks.

Rock n' Roll High School is a very, very close second.

Dreampanther
Bear necessities

TcglnY_xGfc&feature=related

ADarksideJedi
I like Evita and Sweeny Todd and Bye bye berite

Mr Parker
Originally posted by MildPossession
Nightmare Before Christmas for me.

whats your favorite musical with REAL people in the movie?

MildPossession
I voted for Rocky in the poll.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I can't believe nobody's mentioned The Jungle Book yet... no rock mad miffed

Yes I forgot about that one and the nightmare before christmas as well!

Mr. Rhythmic
bLO7IxKwruc

Mr Parker
Originally posted by MildPossession
I voted for Rocky in the poll.

oh okay.Yeah I like your choice of Nightmare before christmas also.

K.Diddy
beer There is so many and even though I have seen it that many times over the course of my life that I dont know if I could ever sit through it again,I must choose Grease as my favourite

Mr Parker
Originally posted by K.Diddy
beer There is so many and even though I have seen it that many times over the course of my life that I dont know if I could ever sit through it again,I must choose Grease as my favourite

Good choice. thumb up whats your opinion on Hairspray by chance?

gmcnut
My favorite musical is "Music Man"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.