Do elves celebrate Christmas on Middle-Earth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandos
Do they? confused

shaber
Are there any elves left here?

Mandos
What does it take to be an elf?

I mean, elves are immortal, right? Maybe they are using the dark side of the Force to become immortal! The Star Wars and the Middle-Earth elves are related to eachother. That would make sense and stop the fighting between LotR and SW fans. It could be called... Lord of the Star Wars.

What do you guys say?

Exabyte
Originally posted by Mandos
Do they? confused
No.
The hobbits had their solstice festival around the same time though.

Clickyclicky yey how great is searching old threads

if that was what the thread was about blink

shaber
he must imagine that some elves did not leave for that unreachable region to the far west.

DanielLB
Jesus wasnt born in Middle-Earth at that time so i doubt they do......................................dont forget thats what X-mas is about....JESUS! lol

ZoSo
Originally posted by DanielLB
Jesus wasnt born in Middle-Earth at that time so i doubt they do......................................dont forget thats what X-mas is about....JESUS! lol

Christmas has lost virtually all of it's Religious sentiment, and is merely an all-out corporate selling period....

Needless to say, I love getting presents....stick out tongue

Smodden
Originally posted by Exabyte
No.
The hobbits had their solstice festival around the same time though.

Clickyclicky yey how great is searching old threads

if that was what the thread was about blink
I miss Camelia.

laughing out loud Well said. wink

shadowy_blue
Amusing thread, lol.

Question answered though.

*exits*

Fëanor
you know jesus is i think the latin form for joshua pronounced yoshua....and that he wasn't born on december but probably on october....

when constatine declared christianity the world religion, the bishops and priests decided to celebrate jesus' birth to coincide with the pagan holiday before the winter season in december....but yet i could be wrong

i still like presents though

shadowy_blue

DanielLB
Thats whats wrong with society today....we have forgotten all traditions....Christmas now is all about presents....easter is all about chocolate... and Halloween(which i disagree with) is just about sweets!

DanielLB
Sorry! I pressed the button too many timessmile My apoliges

DanielLB
Sorry again

Murray
Originally posted by ZoSo
Christmas has lost virtually all of it's Religious sentiment, and is merely an all-out corporate selling period....

Needless to say, I love getting presents....stick out tongue

I completely agree! Presents are cool.
Do you think, since Jesus wasn't born in Middle-Earth, that the people's of Middle-Earth worship anyone, like we worship God? (some of us)

I highly doubt it.

BUT THERE IS A SPIRITUAL WORLD IN MIDDLE-EARTH!

Fëanor
Originally posted by shadowy_blue
"Jesus" is actually the English translation of the Greek name Iesous, which itself is the Greek translation of the Hebrew name Joshua, which was a very common Hebrew name meaning "Yahweh is salvation" or "God is our salvation".

Joshua...gotta love that name. happy no...i disagree, Jesus is the latin form of the greek translation....and if in greek it would have been written thus: Ieseus or Iexeus if archaic...however class because the romans literally translated the "J" from hebrew which we all know is sounded like "Y", to a 'j' sound to differeniate themselves from the Jews as is the case of the new religion of christianity, which was indocrinated by the emperor constatine....

HA! i think i've outdone myself with so much hot air eek!

shadowy_blue

shadowy_blue
Originally posted by Murray
I completely agree! Presents are cool.
Do you think, since Jesus wasn't born in Middle-Earth, that the people's of Middle-Earth worship anyone, like we worship God? (some of us)

I highly doubt it.

BUT THERE IS A SPIRITUAL WORLD IN MIDDLE-EARTH!
Yes, there is. There's Eru, or as some of us call Iluvatar.

I suggest you read "The Silmarillion". It's basically the bible of Middle-earth, lol, or for that matter, Arda as a whole. It's an excellent read. wink

DanielLB
It is....an amazing book...i think the best of Tolkiens literature!

Fëanor
Jesus is not the Latin form of the Greek translation. Well, not directly anyway. His original name was Joshua, pronounced Yahushua (since there wasn't a letter "J" in Hebrew). Then the Gentiles came up with "Iesous" when they tried to transliterate His name into Greek. When Iesous was transliterated into Latin, it became "Iesus", which was then carried over into English and it became "Jesus" when the letter "J" developed.

Both our arguments were kinda flawed at first. I didn't include the Latin form in my original post, and you didn't translate the Latin form into English. stick out tongue weeeheeheeheell.....the english form of the latin is "jesus" as it was adopted by the roman church...so nyah! stick out tongueOriginally posted by shadowy_blue
Yes, there is. There's Eru, or as some of us call Iluvatar.

I suggest you read "The Silmarillion". It's basically the bible of Middle-earth, lol, or for that matter, Arda as a whole. It's an excellent read. wink yes....the sil is awesome!Originally posted by DanielLB
It is....an amazing book...i think the best of Tolkiens literature! i'm liking you more and more my man....

DanielLB
Hey thanks Feanorsmile

shadowy_blue
But "Jesus" is still not the Latin form directly. shifty

stick out tongue

Fëanor
But "Jesus" is still not the Latin form directly. shifty

stick out tongue doh....lord! (no pun intended)

SMOD!!! she's your woman!!! disgust

Fëanor
Hey thanks Feanorsmile hey no probs bro....smile

Smodden

shadowy_blue

Smodden
^Is that an innuendo?!eek!

Fëanor
me neither...i was just funnin'

but remind me never to get into an argument with you....sheesh

Smodden

shadowy_blue
innuendo...shifty lol.

drool

Fea: yeah, and remind me never to argue with you again either. no expression

stick out tongue

Fëanor
Originally posted by Smodden
ninja Hell hath no scorn... too true....look what i gotta go through with *ehem* the missus

S-B....but it was, rather fun was it not no expression

stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
yeah...definitely..no expression

Smodden
In this corner....

shadowy_blue
Smoddy. hug

ZoSo
By the Cold, when did the LotR Forum turn into a Religious Discussion Forum?.....
stick out tongue

Thats whats wrong with society today....we have forgotten all traditions....Christmas now is all about presents....easter is all about chocolate... and Halloween(which i disagree with) is just about sweets!

That sort of sounds like someone can't get over the Crusades....whistling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.