Hulk vs. Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
the hulk with his limitless strength vs Kyle with all his potiental imagination. Who wins?

Mainstream
when will the green on green violence end? I could see GL winning..but I'd vote Hulk.

8bitChris
Well on this forum this is how the GL threads work.

Everyone says Hal beats everyone just because he's Hal.

John is hardly ever mentioned and he's only mentioned when he is immediately followed by the phrase, "has dicipline but Hal is way better"

When people talk about Guy, it goes either way. Some thing he's really good and others think he is really bad.

Whenever everyone talks about Kyle he can't beat anyone. He's just not good enough.

Then someone eventually brings up that Alan Scott could kick all their asses but technically he's not a GL. He just has the same powers.

That being said, everyone is just going to say that Hal can beat the Hulk "easily" and with the other guys it'll be a close match. Except for Kyle, because Kyle is the weakest GL and can't beat anyone.

shaolin9976
You can only imagine so much...HULK kills LANTERN!

Zahit
Kyle could do any number of things to remove Hulk from the fight,
but it's a matter of whether Kyle's willpower can overcome an enraged Hulk's....

shaolin9976
I know one thing I'll do if I'm Green Lantern...I'll fight long distance since I'm faster and more depth with my powers..I wouldn't fight the Hulk close range..unless I have a death wish...so after thinkin' through it, Lantern do have a chance.

K3VIL
Kyle can create a giant exoskeleton like the one used against a white martian with Top Rank Class 100 Strenght to stay fist to fist with Hulk and throw him away, then fly, block him in a force field full of spikes that will stab Hulk in almost all of his body, then teleport with Hulk in a volcano, drop him in the lava seriously wounded, then teleport near the sun, and put an end to Hulk's rage once and far all.

Zahit
Originally posted by K3VIL
Kyle can create a giant exoskeleton like the one used against a white martian with Top Rank Class 100 Strenght to stay fist to fist with Hulk and throw him away, then fly, block him in a force field full of spikes that will stab Hulk in almost all of his body, then teleport with Hulk in a volcano, drop him in the lava seriously wounded, then teleport near the sun, and put an end to Hulk's rage once and far all.
works for me....

shaolin9976
That sounds brutal man!! Easier said than done. Hulk does have the uncontrollable rage and unlimited strength...so I know it won't be that easy...but what a plan...really brutal!!

K3VIL
Originally posted by shaolin9976
That sounds brutal man!! Easier said than done. Hulk does have the uncontrollable rage and unlimited strength...so I know it won't be that easy...but what a plan...really brutal!!
Kyle isn't a genious, but dealing with Hulk while you have a GL Ring, means limitless resources VS limitless strenght.
Kyle's strenght is limitless too, if he surround himself in a battle armor and is sufficiently self confident to transmit to the suit so much strenght that one blow will shatter a city, Hulk is in troubles indeed.

Mainstream
Kyle isn't a genious, but dealing with Hulk while you have a GL Ring, means limitless resources VS limitless strenght.
Kyle's strenght is limitless too, if he surround himself in a battle armor and is sufficiently self confident to transmit to the suit so much strenght that one blow will shatter a city, Hulk is in troubles indeed.

indeed

juggernaut74
That fight they had in the crossover was pretty much what I would expect if these two ever fought.

GL made a huge creature with his ring and stomped Hulk into the dirt. GL has quite a few ways he could win this.

jrodslam
Originally posted by juggernaut74
That fight they had in the crossover was pretty much what I would expect if these two ever fought.

GL made a huge creature with his ring and stomped Hulk into the dirt. GL has quite a few ways he could win this.

Agreed.

Hulk Power
GL would get smashed into dust.

CorderaMitchell
Youd better hope that GL charges that ring up well first....

Zenoside
GL would whoop Hulk.

There are just so many possiblities with his ring on.
He could prolly show supes a thing or two.

DigiMark007
K3vil made some good points. A good showing from any GL should be enough to kill Hulk. That said, Hulk still has a good chance...it could go either way, but assuming Kyle doesn't have a big brain fart and doesn't do anything too dumb, I'll say GL.

-DM

Blair Wind
ok for those that say hulk would win...how?? i mean i can see Gl using lots of different ways to take on the hulk....but how would hulk get close enough to take Gl?? i know he can probably take a forcfield down but after a few tries Kyle should know that he needs something stronger.....and then all he needs to do is contain him.

nigel45
In theory there are a number of machines that any GL could create that would render Hulk powerless. That is, IF the GL knows and understands Hulk's power. Some kind of radiation reducer or rage reducer or something along those lines. Not saying that GL has or would have this knowledge, but if he did there's no good reason he should lose.

Other than that, GL's face cosmic threats all the time. Superstrength is usually just one of many powers there enemies have. I say GL.

long pig
Kyle puts a force field bubble inside Hulk's brain. Dead Hulk.

Unless Hulk can turn yellow, he loses. laughing@ the yellow weakness is now back.

jrodslam
Originally posted by long pig

Unless Hulk can turn yellow, he loses. laughing@ the yellow weakness is now back.

True to first sentence. And the GL's dont have the yellow weakness anymore. Ala Rebirth #6 and GL #1.

long pig
I just read it's now back, just they are able to overcome it with willpower. But it still is a weakness.

jrodslam
If its "not a problem" to overcome, I wouldnt quite call it a weakness anymore.

Yellow(weakness) was fear. GL's now remember fear, so It has no affect on them anymore.

long pig
I read that it's possible to overcome, not easy to overcome. That they still are weakend by yellow, but can get past it. Instead of being totally shut down by it.

jrodslam
Well long pig, I am almost inclined to agree with you, but in Rebirth 6, it seemed pretty easy to me. Rightfrom the start, they were able to affect Parallax(yellow). Even when Parallax blinded John, deafened, Kyle, burned Guy from inside out, they still kept fighting.

And in GL#1, Hal told John to overcome, and John said "Not a problem". As long as they remeber it, its all cake. As it seems. And yellow never really totaly ever shut down a GL. Yes there were times lol. Really bad times, but there were also other times where it didnt completely shut a GL down. This is Hal I mainly speak of that is.

long pig
Being made blind/deaf/burned inside out seems pretty damned hard to overcome, but yeah, it's possible, obviously.

It's just not something they don't care about, or they wouldn't have to "remember" a trick to get past it.

jrodslam
Being made blind/deaf/burned inside out seems pretty damned hard to overcome, but yeah, it's possible, obviously.

It's just not something they don't care about, or they wouldn't have to "remember" a trick to get past it.

I agree LP.

I still wouldnt call it a weakness though. I mean Sperman has kryptonite as a weakness, but even if he tries to fight it, or remembers it to try and overcome it, its still his weakness.

long pig
True enough.

But GL would murder ol' greenskin here, unless Kyle tries to go into it h2h like he did D'stroke, that'd be a mess.

jrodslam
laughing laughing Yes it would be. What an idiot.

ill f8
To me...GL and hulk seem somewhat similar. Both have power limited only by their will/anger. GL's is just more versatile...still in a fight between the two I don't see versatility making much of a difference unless he chucks hulk into space or something.

Arahan
Hulk needs more powers...strength alone cant help agains guys like superman or GL. H2H Hulk would own almost everyone.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by jrodslam
I agree LP.

I still wouldnt call it a weakness though. I mean Sperman has kryptonite as a weakness, but even if he tries to fight it, or remembers it to try and overcome it, its still his weakness.

Who is Sperman? laughing

Originally posted by Arahan
Hulk needs more powers...strength alone cant help agains guys like superman or GL. H2H Hulk would own almost everyone.
There's not much Hulk can do against a GL. He could break Kyle's constructs, but all it requires is a little strategy, and Hulk's out of this fight.

I wouldn't like Hulk if he was overpowered. He doesn't need to be able to beat anyone. That would make him lame. Limitless strength and durability is enough, don't you think?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Who is Sperman? laughing

Argggg. Typo error. Dont laugh at me. Lol.

You know what i meant.

Arahan
He guys long time ago i was Sperman...Now i am just a human smile

shaolin9976
Are you saying Hulk is easily beated by Mr. Lantern

Avalonofthewind
If Kyle fights intelligently, he will win most of the time.

Now, what would happen if he imitated the Hulks powers, and channeled his own anger into strength like Hal has done? Would the fight go on forever?

Cosmic Cube

Kyle can't endow himself with limitless strength. That would require limitless willpower.

Creating a battle armor would be the worst possible choice Kyle could make. Hulk would shatter that think, leaving an opening for him to kill Kyle. Battle armor is not the way to go.

A spikey force field? Force fields are a bad choice when fighting Hulk, especially for GL's. If a GL construct gets destroyed, the ring's user suffers a psychic backlash. Throw Hulk into a Volcano? What the f**k? That's not going to hurt him. If Hulk can survive the heat of the sun, what's a volcano?

Hulk's regeneration would compensate. Vision tried something very similar to that. How would Kyle get the forcefield in there anyway?

Hulk's durability just got trashed in this thread.

I mean, GL wins, but damn.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Kyle can't endow himself with limitless strength. That would require limitless willpower.

Creating a battle armor would be the worst possible choice Kyle could make. Hulk would shatter that think, leaving an opening for him to kill Kyle. Battle armor is not the way to go.

A spikey force field? Force fields are a bad choice when fighting Hulk, especially for GL's. If a GL construct gets destroyed, the ring's user suffers a psychic backlash. Throw Hulk into a Volcano? What the f**k? That's not going to hurt him. If Hulk can survive the heat of the sun, what's a volcano?

Hulk's regeneration would compensate. Vision tried something very similar to that. How would Kyle get the forcefield in there anyway?

Hulk's durability just got trashed in this thread.

I mean, GL wins, but damn.
First, the power ring needs to recharge every 24 hours.
It means, Kyle can endow himself with a battle armor which strenght depends only from his will, and if the armor he used against the white martian knocked down him with one blow, I can see Hulk going down, he has been k.o.ed physically before.
Second, Hulk has catched ONE force field on ONE occasion.
It doesn't means he's the master of force field shattering.
Kyle has contained a supernova, just to remember it to you.
Kyle can create spikes into the force field impaling Hulk, letting his internal organs being exposed, then continue holding him while letting the lava filling the field, it means, he internal organs of Hulk are going to melt or reporting several injuries.If it's not enough Kyle teleport with Hulk near the sun, and then it's finished.

Jack Daniels
well if I was gl I wouldnt be anywhere near the hulk I would be out of jumps reach and just tag away...then he can recharge if he needs too...lol....possibly a neverending battle but I would vote if this was a poll on GL he wouldnt H2H fight hulk....if he did hes dead.....of course

savage hulk
hulk wins, his strength is limitless The Hulk has shown many incredible feats of the years, including holding up a 150 billion ton mountain during the Secret Wars and breaking open Onslaught's armor when the combined might of the rest of the world's heroes couldn't even make a scratch in it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.