A shot that has been annoying me!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kegs202
After dooku throws Obi-Wan accross the room he then uses the force to bring some sort of gantry down on him. Now the way it lands on Obi-Wan it really should have took his legs off or at least shattered them. Minor I know but when the guys responsible for doing these shots are doing them surely they must see what the audience are going to think. It's just plain silly.

Red Superfly
Oh yeah. I thought that was so wierd and fake looking.

Kinda forgot about it until now.

My only rationale is that the gantry was made of clouds.

kegs202
LOL

Ast Rofan
It would have been better if maybe something was on the ground next to OW, then it could have hit that and simply pinned OW. Also like how body doesnt really react, just slides a few feet without changing its position.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
It would have been better if maybe something was on the ground next to OW, then it could have hit that and simply pinned OW. Also like how body doesnt really react, just slides a few feet without changing its position.

Yes, the gantry does act suspiciously like a featherweight cotton candy cloud, with all of the menace and danger of a newborn puppy made from marshmallow.

SpyCspider
lol...not quite sure, but wasn't it kinda tilted when it landed? Not like it was directly on top of him flat. Maybe it wasn't really pinning him down (via contact), just trapping so he can't get out.

What actually ticked me off a bit was when Obi-Wan brought that heavyass looking thing down upon the droids and Grievous's guards. He did it so simply..like it was no effort at all..no concentration shown. But then you'd think he'd do it more often. Seems like the force powers fluctuate from time to time.

darthmaul1
It came down crooked not flat and thats why it did not crush him.
the top left of the walkway was still in the air

PVS
that bugged me as well.
it looked like his legs were totally broken....next think you know he's awake and running around again erm

benskywalker88
Guys it's star wars physics, it's not supposed 2 make sense, lol!

dflood
if his legs fell off then it wouldnt connect wit the ot

yeah it did look wierd . ob1 is constantly being fecked about by dooku

what i thought was even wierder was the the 3 jedi havin a fight with only like 10 mins of the movie gone

i was like wtf

DeVi| D0do
Worst shot in the film:
http://img291.echo.cx/img291/9427/obithrow9wk.gif

Second worst shot in the film:
http://img15.echo.cx/img15/9977/balcony0zy.gif

PVS
it looks pretty funny sped up like that laughing out loud

DeVi| D0do
As for Obi-Wan's legs getting cut off - the catwalk thing has two beams underneath it on either side...

PVS
yeah...now that i've seen it for the 600th time, that kick to anakin was so fake looking. just the way he simply raises his foot and anakin goes flying....weak

Darth Vegas
If I didn't know any better, it looked like Anakin was yanked by a string.....

Celebrate
lol yea it does

PVS
maybe a foot-force throw? ok thats stretching it messed

Boris
Meh....

Darth Travizzle
Definitly fake looking.

ImperialPEZ
Thanks for the GIF's! After watching the gantry scene about ten times in a row, I saw the beams underneath, so it makes more sense. Plus, his arm on the far side does react to being pushed across the floor.

Darth Halo
Originally posted by PVS
maybe a foot-force throw? ok thats stretching it messed
No it was a force fart

JKozzy
Originally posted by kegs202
After dooku throws Obi-Wan accross the room he then uses the force to bring some sort of gantry down on him. Now the way it lands on Obi-Wan it really should have took his legs off or at least shattered them. Minor I know but when the guys responsible for doing these shots are doing them surely they must see what the audience are going to think. It's just plain silly. And damn, those laser swords! Didn't whoever thought those up know that they could never be created! Pathetic, so fake!!!

Vanquish
I think also, jedi's and siths bodies are just way more resiliant then regular people. Check out some of the falls that they take in the movies. Obi wan has takena few bad ones. Maul booted him off that catwalk and he fell like 50 feet flat on his back and was ok. Anakin grabbed on to that speeder that was going like 100 MPH and it didn't rip his arm out of the socket. Yoda took the ultimate fall there at the end and was also still just fine, which is especially weird considering how frail the little green dude is.

Anyway, chalk it up to Jedi body resiliance (or terrible special effects) one of the two.

Jerico
Its not mine so dont bother flaming me

"I don't understand what happened to Obi-Wan in the battle sequence. Dooku throws Obi-Wan aside, nearly breaking his back against a wall, and then he uses the Force to clearly crush Obi-Wan's legs under a giant walkway. You see Obi-Wan's body slide forward as his lower half gets mangled under the crushing weight of the platform. I assumed that both of his legs were completely crushed. However, after the duel, Anakin simply removes Obi-Wan without any trouble and puts him on his back. Obi-Wan does not spend the rest of the movie in a wheelhover chair as expected, but rather has suffered no damage at all to his legs and regains consciousness just seconds before swinging out an elevator door and getting up to run around again. "

LordSorgo
H3 US3D F0RC3 PR0T3CT!?!

Maybe the Platform was made of some lightweight, yet strong styrofoam that doesn't hurt!

By the way, you guys are noobs. God, don't you know that Dooku has a thousand little jets on his boots? But they only work when he's kicking and not standing on styrofoam platforms?

But of course, it takes Anakin 10-12 seconds to get up while Dooku is forcing a platform on his master.

Robin Darkside
Yeah, Lucas should have done a better way of dissabling Obiwan.
Man, it was so phoney

ickeris2003
I think the reason it looked so fake is because it looked very CGI and you know how much lucas loves to use that these days.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by ickeris2003
I think the reason it looked so fake is because it looked very CGI and you know how much lucas loves to use that these days.

no, your way off, it was because Obiwan should have been crushed by the dam thing dropping on him

ickeris2003
I know that. But if you look very closely obiwan looks very fake. Its fantasy nothing happened to him

JKozzy
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
Yeah, Lucas should have done a better way of dissabling Obiwan.
Man, it was so phoney Yeah, so phoney. Those spaceships? I mean, come on. Those things don't exist. How could they fly those things in outer space? Did they invent some sort of super fuel for them? And little ships can't shoot lasers! This entire movie is phoney, I tell you. SO PHONEY.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by JKozzy
Yeah, so phoney. Those spaceships? I mean, come on. Those things don't exist. How could they fly those things in outer space? Did they invent some sort of super fuel for them? And little ships can't shoot lasers! This entire movie is phoney, I tell you. SO PHONEY.

you suck, yep

R2D2-89
i hated the part where obi wans like "i will do what i must" and anakins like "yoouu'll trry" that scene could'v been so much better and insead it sounded so stupid...

DeVi| D0do
but it could have been so much worse as well...

I'm happy with the way that scene played out. I like that shot too, with Anakin in the foreground and Obi-Wan in the background.

bruthaindahood
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Worst shot in the film:
http://img291.echo.cx/img291/9427/obithrow9wk.gif

Second worst shot in the film:
http://img15.echo.cx/img15/9977/balcony0zy.gif

oooooo lucas gona sue yooooo

bruthaindahood
revenge of the sith was definitly not t best SW movie okay

bruthaindahood
it is kinda cheesy how obi bounces off the railing

bruthaindahood
is anyone here ???????

bruthaindahood
by

DenKi
shut up geek

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by LordSorgo
H3 US3D F0RC3 PR0T3CT!?!
Is that L33T SP3@K?

Maybe the Platform was made of some lightweight, yet strong styrofoam that doesn't hurt!

By the way, you guys are noobs. God, don't you know that Dooku has a thousand little jets on his boots? But they only work when he's kicking and not standing on styrofoam platforms?

But of course, it takes Anakin 10-12 seconds to get up while Dooku is forcing a platform on his master.

R2D2-89
when anakin goes to drag obi wan out from underneath that huge thing he does it with no difficulty, that was unrealistic seeing as that huge metal thing was heavy enof to knock obi wan out in the first place, i think anakin should hav been the one stuck under it, hes the stupid one

Ast Rofan
You could hear the sound of Anakin moving it, it doesnt matter how big it is, Anakin could move it with the force.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by bruthaindahood

I really really hope you don't really believe Lucas is going to sue someone over 2 seconds of footage posted on a SW forum when the entire movie is floating around out there being downloaded by thousands of people roll eyes (sarcastic)

R2D2-89
yea exactly, thers this chinese lady at our local pub who sells the pirate trilogys, lucas is hardly gonna fly over to england and sue this woman for selling them, no one really cares

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by bruthaindahood

oh, I'm so scared

DenKi
The scene just shows how powerful dooku really is

PVS
Originally posted by R2D2-89
i hated the part where obi wans like "i will do what i must" and anakins like "yoouu'll trry" that scene could'v been so much better and insead it sounded so stupid...

obiwan's line: no
anakin's line: hell yes.

not that i blame hayden's acting ability. GL just comes up with crappy lines. if he obsessed over his dialogue half as much as he obsessed about everything else, this wouldnt be the case. seriously though....think out the scene and try to do that line "you'll try". it will sound like crap every time. its just a shit line.

peejay88
Something that made this scene even worse was later on in the movie where Obi-Wan fights Grievous, Grievous whacks Obi-Wan straight in the face and Obi-Wan doesn't bleed or have a concussion or get his head taken completely off his shoulders. If a huge metallic thing flew at your head (grievous' arm) you wouldn't stand a chance! That's what made the scene where Obi-Wan gets kncoked out crap IMO

dflood
Originally posted by PVS
obiwan's line: no
anakin's line: hell yes.

not that i blame hayden's acting ability. GL just comes up with crappy lines. if he obsessed over his dialogue half as much as he obsessed about everything else, this wouldnt be the case. seriously though....think out the scene and try to do that line "you'll try". it will sound like crap every time. its just a shit line.

i am not being a stick in the arse but i like that line

and no i am not sayin this for the sake of disageeing but coz i think it sounds cool

Ani's Girl
I thought Obi Wan's I will do what I must was fine. To me, Anakin's You Will Try just sounded arrogant, which is exactly where he was in that moment. He thought he was invincible.

vader519
Well first of all, if you notcie, the catwalk does not fall on Obi0wan completely. It just pins him down, and does not fall on him completely. I also believe Dooku did not have enough time to drop the whole thing on Obi-wan because Anakin gets up and kicks Dooku off the bridge.

DenKi
wtf, Dooku didnt have enough time?

He just let the thing drop on him and it does.

darthmaul1
He said Dooku did not have enough time to drop the whole thing on him.

cameron666
I hate that shot as well. That was very unrealistic

Darth_Rankkor
IMO, in that scene, obi1 should have died or at least had his legs severed and that's that. Dooku's kick is real bad but not compared to the BAD in obi1 being smashed by a 6541615643616481321684 ton balcony.

kegs202
Let's just hope GL takes note of this shot and get's rid of the guy who did it and sort it out for the DVD release. There was another though, after R2 shoots oil at the battle droids and sets it on fire, I didn't think the fire looked very convincing. These should be simple shots so I don't know how they passed to make it to the movie.

General Zodiac
If you noticed when Anakin took Obi out of it the platform thing is floating so it was just keeping him down not crushing his legs.

ShadowKing
peejay88 got it right...Obi kicks Grievous in the legs and says "Oww wtf!" or whatever but a fricking 6' x 8' permasteel platform falls on him and he sleeps like a baby...even a good old Charlie Brown "...aaarrggh..." would have made the difference.

darthmaul1
YOu guys are frigin stupid.... the platform that landed on him had 3 support beams one on each side and one in the middle so he was only pinned not crushed!

peejay88
Originally posted by ShadowKing
peejay88 got it right...Obi kicks Grievous in the legs and says "Oww wtf!" or whatever but a fricking 6' x 8' permasteel platform falls on him and he sleeps like a baby...even a good old Charlie Brown "...aaarrggh..." would have made the difference.

Yeah that's right! He kicks Grievous and says "OOOOOw" yet when grievous punches him straight in the face he doesnt flinch barely! temperamental, selective and inconsistent Star wars physics are! And in the scene where Obi-Wan apparently gets 'crushed', well he doesn't because as was mentioned earlier, there WERE supports under the huge thing that landed above him so it narrowly missed his legs

Happy Dance

R2D2-89
so he just faints whilst being pinned by a metal platform...i jus think he shouldn have been knocked out in the first place, hes supposed to be this strong wise jedi and then GL adds sumthing stupid like getting knocked by a ponce like dooku. Dooku should only be allowed to get away with it with careless padwan learnings like in AOTC wen anakin gets his hand chopped, otherwise its insulting to abi wan

Ani's Girl
I kind of thought he was unconscious already. I didn't see any movement between him landing from the force push and the platform scooting his body, but I might have missed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.