i bought me a soundtrack!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sileas
heeee!

i've been weak.

well now! No, batman doesn't have a theme that you can hum, but baby, he's got mood he doesn't even know what to do with. I've owned a few movie soundtracks---got one star wars return of jedi on VINYL!, used to own some star trek, um.....Henry V, the other batman ones.....but this one is unlike any of em. very very very interesting. Makes me wanna go see it again. part way through I caught myself thinking, "I paid $17 for this?" because there actually isn't a lot of what would traditionally be called music on here. but when it ended, I was glaring at my cd player for having ended it. it's part orchestral and part....synthetic, I guess. but the two different elements play off each other nicely. batman's theme is more a percussive element in the music, not just by drums but strings, too, and when it slides from that to something more lyrical, it's a nice break, but then it's also exciting to get back to his theme or something else that creeps you out. not to say that you're running from one element to another and never enjoying it, though. nice music to play at a halloween party! smile

it's the creepy element that I really like. this score is not done so much from batman's viewpoint as the viewpoint of a thug ("something creepy is in here with us!"wink and/or the moviegoer/fan. he's creepy, scary, but he's a good guy. there's the occasional use of a single choir boy or a wooden flute, almost subliminal, that adds something like an other-worldly quality, reflective. cool. like I said, lots of mood. I don't mean to say it's a lightweight, barry manilow---it's not. I know some people would disagree, but this is the kind of music batman/bruce wayne should have. it's the kind of music this movie should have. some people have said the movie takes itself too darn seriously, and that this is a flaw, but to that I say this movie CAN and SHOULD take itself seriously. batman is a normal human male, so making this real person into a charicature is not doing batman justice.

now for the trivia search! here is a list of the titles of the pieces, and yes, it's latin, boys and girls! I've found translations for two of them---who can fill in the others?

1--Vespertilio --a bat
2. Eptesicus ---?
3. Myotis ----?
4. Barbastella ---?
5. Artibeus ---?
6. Tadarida ---?
7. Macrotus ---?
8. Antrozous ----?
9. Nycteris --- a plant
10. Molossus ---?
11. Corynorhinus ---?
12. Lasiurus ----?

I'll keep hunting around to see what i find. all in all, i'm glad I got it! this is not a proud soldier marching into battle---this is the scare-the-crap-outa-thugs make-them-soil-themselves batman movie soundtrack! just a half step away from jaws!

MildPossession
SCORE

Yes, I have it, wonderful score music. Listening to it on the radio also right now lol, it's on the classical channels film score section.

Sileas
I am, like, chain smoking this sucker.......awesome.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Sileas
it's the creepy element that I really like. this score is not done so much from batman's viewpoint as the viewpoint of a thug ("something creepy is in here with us!"wink and/or the moviegoer/fan. he's creepy, scary, but he's a good guy. there's the occasional use of a single choir boy or a wooden flute, almost subliminal, that adds something like an other-worldly quality, reflective. cool. like I said, lots of mood. I don't mean to say it's a lightweight, barry manilow---it's not. I know some people would disagree, but this is the kind of music batman/bruce wayne should have. it's the kind of music this movie should have. some people have said the movie takes itself too darn seriously, and that this is a flaw, but to that I say this movie CAN and SHOULD take itself seriously. batman is a normal human male, so making this real person into a charicature is not doing batman justice.

I completely agree with you.

Sileas
duhhhh....I'm a little slow...and lazy. some of this reminded me of the LOR music. Can't put my finger on why, but....it did. same guys? or am I on dope?

MildPossession
It is names of different bats.

1--Vespertilio - Particoloured bat
2. Eptesicus - Big Brown Bat
3. Myotis - Bechstein's bat
4. Barbastella - Western barbastelle
5. Artibeus - Jamaican Fruit Eating Bat
6. Tadarida - Mexican Free Tailed Bat
7. Macrotus - Leaf Nosed Bat
8. Antrozous - Pallid Bat
9. Nycteris - Slit Faced Bat
10. Molossus - Velvet Free Tailed Bat
11. Corynorhinus - Big Eared Bat
12. Lasiurus - Desert Rat Bat

MildPossession
Do you like the theme to the new film, or Elfmans?

Sileas
Originally posted by MildPossession
It is names of different bats.

1--Vespertilio - Particoloured bat
2. Eptesicus - Big Brown Bat
3. Myotis - Bechstein's bat
4. Barbastella - Western barbastelle
5. Artibeus - Jamaican Fruit Eating Bat
6. Tadarida - Mexican Free Tailed Bat
7. Macrotus - Leaf Nosed Bat
8. Antrozous - Pallid Bat
9. Nycteris - Slit Faced Bat
10. Molossus - Velvet Free Tailed Bat
11. Corynorhinus - Big Eared Bat
12. Lasiurus - Desert Rat Bat

doh

i'm torn between saying "COOL!" and "oi, no fair!" I'll get back to you when I make a final decision.

WindDancer
I been thinking of buying it. The music was friggin great during the film. I would dare say that it was better than music in the 1989 movie.

Sileas
wow. i didn't expect to hear someone say that. I prefer it too, because while elfman's music fit burton's style (to my mind) quite well, this movie and this music make a great combination, very real. To me, the elfman theme sounds too much like some proud but slightly crazy soldier marching hup two hup two into battle. the zimmer/howard stuff (this movie) fits a more mature and realistic batman.

er....slightly off the topic but I'm the one that started this topic stick out tongue I was out at the local mall this morning and decided to do a little research. I spotted some toys in a local department store.....didn't actually see any posters at the poster shop until I asked, and there are two there, but they aren't up and displayed----you have to fish through the racks for them. also hunted in a book store and found the novelization. I originally thought that I would buy it if I ever saw it. it's by dennis o'neil. I flipped through it a bit, and the bits that I saw are actually pretty close to what they filmed, but.....dammit, kids, I just really dislike "the three letter prefix in front of every damn thing I own"..... don't like it at all. I'm still not sure what I think about the car, but I prefer the original army equipment name the Tumbler over the silly batmobile. sorry. so that makes me not a true batman fan. too bad. I only own one comic book, anyway. I ended up not buying the book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.