Surtur VS. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes it?

Debate.

Sniper_sloth
I assume you are talking about the Surtur of the Norse pantheon yes?

Even superman would have an extremely hard time fighting Surtur. For one thing, Surtur's body is so hot temperature wise that in reality, humans anywhere near him would have their skin melted off and their musculature carbonized. I doubt even superman could take him in melee. As far as powers go, I don't believe Surtur has much means of fighting energy projection. Then again its been so long since I've read ANY comics that I don't really remember what Surtur's powers were beyond him being a rather large giant composed of elemental fire energy of some sort.

In conclusion: It would be a long, drawn out fight with no clear winner.

Sentry
Here's a description of him:

Sniper_sloth
Hmm. Well then, Sentry. How precisely would Surtur get -to- superman to fight him in the first place?

By the wand of watoom! Its a ploy by shuma gorath! Dun-dun-DUNNNNNN...

In all seriousness though. Given Superman's rather limited powers, I must restate my previous opinion. Although Superman's powers ARE very very strong, there aren't that many of them.

Superman alone has no chance at all of survival. The battle would last about 10 seconds. Superman with some help, say... Thor, Hercules and Superman vs. Surtur. that fight might have some chance of going for the good guys. Though I personally would root for ye olden giant fire demon (tm tm tm).

Scoobless
Wouldn't Surtur's mystical fiery body burn the skin off of Superman?

GalacticStorm
Surtur wins this with ease

Zahit
Superman will take one look at Surter, turn around, fly back to Kansas
for some of Ma Kent's homemade pancakes and omelettes.

whirlysplat
Superman can withstand any temperature extreme. Surturs flames are not an issue. Supes is so fast Surtur could not Thor big grin Supes easily.

Zahit
Surtur is a magical demonic entity.
He is Sky-Father level in power.
Superman IS NOT gonna be hanging with Surtur.
Superman IS gonna go back home for Ma Kent's waffles.

Superman: "This looks like a job for...SUPERMAA....WHOOAAAA....HOLY CRAP! SCREW YOU GUYS! I'M GOIN' HOME!!!!"

whirlysplat
I know who Surtur is big grin Marvel upgrades aside his never won a thing not in the Simenson era or later with "Thor" girl lol. Hes a big flaming zero. big grin DOOM not likely big grin

K3VIL
Surtur is a master in the use of cosmic and mystical energies for various purposes, it took Odin charged from Thor's magical lightning enhanced from the Designate to slay down him once and for all.
Altough Surtur survived to that fight cause he reappeared during Ragnarok saga, he must have teleported back in his lair to recover, cause the ground zero magical attack of Odin was even too much for someone like him.
Superman is not going to beat Surtur.He's not only a physical opponent that can match him first for first, but he also can rely on magical and cosmic energy, and we all knows what happens when Kal El is facing a guy who's fists are enhanced by powerful magic.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by K3VIL
Surtur is a master in the use of cosmic and mystical energies for various purposes, it took Odin charged from Thor's magical lightning enhanced from the Designate to slay down him once and for all.
Altough Surtur survived to that fight cause he reappeared during Ragnarok saga, he must have teleported back in his lair to recover, cause the ground zero magical attack of Odin was even too much for someone like him.
Superman is not going to beat Surtur.He's not only a physical opponent that can match him first for first, but he also can rely on magical and cosmic energy, and we all knows what happens when Kal El is facing a guy who's fists are enhanced by powerful magic.

I always wondered how surtur reckoned he was going to destroy all when the pussy asgardians kept beating him. Supes easy big grin Surtur never wins, his a pussy. big grin

K3VIL
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I always wondered how surtur reckoned he was going to destroy all when the pussy asgardians kept beating him. Supes easy big grin Surtur never wins, his a pussy. big grin
Maybe you should turn off the dumb smile mode of writing, cause Surtur gets beaten always thanks to the presence of high level beings, see Odin, Asgardian soldiers are meat shields.
Thor himself along with the Designate needed to create a strategy using cosmic power and Mjolnir's power to slay down Surtur.
Superman has nothing at his disposal to stop him.
Odin himself, that can enhance his strenght to incredible levels stated Surtur is more a mystical enemy than a physical one.
Your assumptions seems like those a child, full of smileys without a logic explanations.

Cosmic Cube
Surtur would eat Superman. Superman needs tons of help any time a cosmic threat comes around. This isn't Doomsday he's fighting.

Scoobless

um... no..... Surtur's flames are mystical... Superman can't touch him without getting burned

stick out tongue

whirlysplat
Well his flames may be mystical but a blast of freeze breath is colder than the cask of ancient winters big grin Surtur gets blown out big grin

Zahit
Well his flames may be mystical but a blast of freeze breath is colder than the cask of ancient winters big grin Surtur gets blown out big grin
that's right forrest.... big grin

http://www.cinema.com/image_lib/2886_003_thumb.jpg

Scoobless
a blast of freeze breath is colder than the cask of ancient winters

prove it

smartass

whirlysplat
Oh, I get what your all saying confused This is another one of Sentry's Superman hating posts, which Supes has no chance of winning laughing Well why didn't you guys tell me roll eyes (sarcastic) Now Zahit hand me my box of chocolates laughing

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

Zahit
here you go, bro......!

http://www.lakechamplainchocolates.com/images/Product/featured/Y301015001.jpg

cool

jrodslam
Lol.

whirlysplat
Thank you big grin, Its one of my fave films you know its down on my profile big grin

Cosmic Cube
Oh, I get what your all saying confused This is another one of Sentry's Superman hating posts, which Supes has no chance of winning laughing Well why didn't you guys tell me roll eyes (sarcastic) Now Zahit hand me my box of chocolates laughing

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

No one hates Superman. We all love him. He's like a brother to me.

leonidas
<<No one hates Superman. We all love him. He's like a brother to me.>>

ha! smile

and sorry to bail on you this time 'round whirly, but thor has never stood against surtur without the odin power backing him up. supes could hurt him (as thor, loki and even heimdal have done), even frustrate him for a while with his speed (thor and loki did that too) but he doesn't have enough to put him away. i DON'T think the flames alone would do it though. but over time they would weaken him to the point where he would slow and become vulnerable to a blow. i love supes, but this dude is in odin's class and is out of supe's league.

shaolin9976
Superman..if Superman can take Darkseid, then he could definitely destory Surtur.

Sentry
Originally posted by shaolin9976
Superman..if Superman can take Darkseid, then he could definitely destory Surtur.

Must not know who Surtur is.

leonidas
<<Must not know who Surtur is.>>

you think? smile

surtur is near galactus-level. and we saw how much the omega effect did to galactus . . .

i love darkseid as much as anyone, but post-crisis darkseid is NOT at odin's level. ahh, for the good old days of pre-crisis . . .

K3VIL
Originally posted by leonidas
<<Must not know who Surtur is.>>

you think? smile

surtur is near galactus-level. and we saw how much the omega effect did to galactus . . .

i love darkseid as much as anyone, but post-crisis darkseid is NOT at odin's level. ahh, for the good old days of pre-crisis . . .
Indeed you know nothing of Surtur.
Surtur is not a Galactus level, he's at skyfather level, under Galactus.
Originally posted by shaolin9976
You know that Darkseid has been made so weak that probably in his next appearence Batman is gonna beating him with his batrangs?

leonidas
<<Indeed you know nothing of Surtur.
Surtur is not a Galactus level, he's at skyfather level, under Galactus.>>

???

read the post. it says odin is "NEAR" (regular strength) galactus level. the odin force has driven galactus away in the past AND g hates magic. like odin, surtur is a magical being. i say again - odin is NEAR galactus level. surtur is at odin's level. perhaps it's not me who doesn't know what they are talking about . . .?

K3VIL
<<Indeed you know nothing of Surtur.
Surtur is not a Galactus level, he's at skyfather level, under Galactus.>>

???

read the post. it says odin is "NEAR" (regular strength) galactus level. the odin force has driven galactus away in the past AND g hates magic. like odin, surtur is a magical being. i say again - odin is NEAR galactus level. surtur is at odin's level. perhaps it's not me who doesn't know what they are talking about . . .?
Galactus has always been driven away from things like GodForce and OdinForce cause he was always in weakned state, and not cause they are magic attacks but cause their magnitude of power is high, Big G is no Superman who's magic is a major weakness.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by K3VIL
Galactus has always been driven away from things like GodForce and OdinForce cause he was always in weakned state, and not cause they are magic attacks but cause their magnitude of power is high, Big G is no Superman who's magic is a major weakness.

Magic is not a major weakness to the present Supesbig grin

Cosmic Cube
Magic is not a major weakness to the present Supesbig grin

Not like it was in the pre-crisis days. Magic was like kryptonite for pre-crisis Supes. For post crisis, it's just one of the things that effects him more so than others. A lot more. I'm certain that Surtur's flames would hurt Superman considerably, but he wouldn't be a charred corpse after one blast.

whirlysplat

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

Hmm CC is trying to draw me into something I have already stated an opinion on laughing

leonidas
<<Not like it was in the pre-crisis days. Magic was like kryptonite for pre-crisis Supes. For post crisis, it's just one of the things that effects him more so than others. A lot more. I'm certain that Surtur's flames would hurt Superman considerably, but he wouldn't be a charred corpse after one blast.>>

agreed. (wow, haven't said that much lately . . .) smile

<<Galactus has always been driven away from things like GodForce and OdinForce cause he was always in weakned state, and not cause they are magic attacks but cause their magnitude of power is high, Big G is no Superman who's magic is a major weakness.>>

part of the reason he is driven away IS because its magic. inbetweener (and other g foes) used HUGE amounts of power against him, but g wasn't 'driven away'. he was even trapped in the crimson bands! if you believe otherwise (that magic is NOT the reason he was driven off), you're further supporting my claim that odin IS near g's power level. and i'm always under the assumption this is just regular powered g, not full, or near-full. and i think odin IS NEAR regular strength strength galactus.

the main point though is surtur would beat supes. even if his weakness to magic isn't what it once was, this is HIGH level magic, and an odin level foe. supes would hurt him some before he fell, as others have, but he can't win this one.

K3VIL
<<Not like it was in the pre-crisis days. Magic was like kryptonite for pre-crisis Supes. For post crisis, it's just one of the things that effects him more so than others. A lot more. I'm certain that Surtur's flames would hurt Superman considerably, but he wouldn't be a charred corpse after one blast.>>

agreed. (wow, haven't said that much lately . . .) smile

<<Galactus has always been driven away from things like GodForce and OdinForce cause he was always in weakned state, and not cause they are magic attacks but cause their magnitude of power is high, Big G is no Superman who's magic is a major weakness.>>

part of the reason he is driven away IS because its magic. inbetweener (and other g foes) used HUGE amounts of power against him, but g wasn't 'driven away'. he was even trapped in the crimson bands! if you believe otherwise (that magic is NOT the reason he was driven off), you're further supporting my claim that odin IS near g's power level. and i'm always under the assumption this is just regular powered g, not full, or near-full. and i think odin IS NEAR regular strength strength galactus.

the main point though is surtur would beat supes. even if his weakness to magic isn't what it once was, this is HIGH level magic, and an odin level foe. supes would hurt him some before he fell, as others have, but he can't win this one.
Cyttorak is nowhere near Galactus power level, that's why he wasn't affected from Crimson Bands that are also made of a fraction of Cytt power.
Odin is not Galactus level, you're arguing like a fanboy.
Odin is a skyfather, yes in a fight both at full powers he may annoy for a while Big G and then get transformed into ashes from a power cosmic blast.
Galan is not weak against magic, it's just a form of energy he can't generate, but he has successfully faced magical foes and beaten them, cause his power cosmic is so high he can counterattack magic.
OdinForce and GodForce at full power are just high level of cosmic power + magic that are in the rank of those things that may affect Galactus in a serious manner if he's weakned, but really weakned, cause usually he shrug off things above GF or OF without blinking an eye.

leonidas
<<Cyttorak is nowhere near Galactus power level, that's why he wasn't affected from Crimson Bands that are also made of a fraction of Cytt power.
Odin is not Galactus level, you're arguing like a fanboy.
Odin is a skyfather, yes in a fight both at full powers he may annoy for a while Big G and then get transformed into ashes from a power cosmic blast.>>

fanboy? man, you are confusing the hell out of me. . .

<<that's why he wasn't affected from the crimson bands>>

??

and i'm the fanboy?? k, he was CONTAINED within them! read guardians of the galaxy. g himself says he does not like dealing with magic, for the same reason you stated. and damn, man - i said g at REGULAR POWER v odin (who is ALWAYS at full power) and i NEVER SAID HE WAS AT GALACTUS'S LEVEL!!! just NEAR the level of REGULAR POWER GALACTUS. here, try this:

regular powered galactus > skyfather (but odin would certainly cause him some grief!)

cleared up?

and i agree, a full power g (almost never seen) would pummel odin.

also, strange has knocked g down AND made him scream like a baby. not to mention the fact that when g visited agamotto's realm in an issue of excalibur (was it excalibur?? my memory is going, someone help with an issue #) at best he was stalemating agamotto - another powerful magical (not 'cosmic') being.

g doesn't like dealing with magic. he says so himself. i don't see why YOU have a problem with it.

and we are WAY off topic, by the way . . .

Old Man Whirly!
Disagree, if Superman can beat people like World Forger...

Bentley
2005 leo trying to defend those Thor characters. It was a losing battle

DarkSaint85
All I can see is Leo not knowing how to quote someone

JBL
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Disagree, if Superman can beat people like World Forger... lol. Superman only knocked WF down. Plus he was amped by multiple 6D Suns which I don't think he carries around in his tights.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.