why did scarecrow suck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

b-dan
as you know i asked you how scarcrow died if anyof you answered that post well i saw batman begins last night and i was pissed scarecrwo does not look likket hat im the comics an di doubt he was weak and i hope he will be in the sequil and stronger to if that tazer didnt make him retarded and i hope he over comes his fear of the bat

wozzy_the_dark
characters hardly look exactly like what they look like in the comics, i mean one is a comic, one is a film, bit of a difference see. for example, does wolverine look exactly like he does in the comics? does superman??

NoFate007
Crane was never a power-punching villain, I think he was portrayed perfectly.

Dark Thor
the scarecrow was cool. Dude, its JUST a movie. The director does what he wants

bakerboy
The scarecrow didnt suck. He was portrayed great. Maybe he just deserved more screen time, but he was well portrayed.

Mr Parker
Yeah exactly.Like that one poster said,you cant expect them to look exactly like the comics.as long as they come close to looking like the character, which scarecrow did,thats all that matters.Now a villian like green goblin from the spiderman movies or what they did to the xmen characters was inexcusable and you would have a legitimate gripe about that. wink

GothamProtector
Actualy The Xmen Movie people Looks Just like thier Characters But Not As Buff.

Mr Parker
Look at the comicbooks and look at the movies.the costumes dont come anywhere close to looking like they do. roll eyes (sarcastic)

munkiesarus
Originally posted by GothamProtector
Actualy The Xmen Movie people Looks Just like thier Characters But Not As Buff.

Not costume wise. And the people were a bit off, too.

Superhero babes like Storm have a mountain of hair.

Hugh Jackman was too tall, compared to Cyclops and in general. I've been told James Marsden had to wear stilts to be on par with everyone else.

The black leather massacred the beloved costumes that we grew on to for however many years.

Halle Berry is a little girl and has nowhere near the dominating force that Storm delivered us with. Famke does this weird thing where she talks through her teeth, I'm sure SOMEONE picked up on it.

While it's all little nitpicky stuff, GothamProtector, you've got no right to say the only difference was their muscles and breasts.

pr1983
Originally posted by munkiesarus

Hugh Jackman was too tall, compared to Cyclops and in general. I've been told James Marsden had to wear stilts to be on par with everyone else.

The black leather massacred the beloved costumes that we grew on to for however many years.

Halle Berry is a little girl and has nowhere near the dominating force that Storm delivered us with. Famke does this weird thing where she talks through her teeth, I'm sure SOMEONE picked up on it.

While it's all little nitpicky stuff, GothamProtector, you've got no right to say the only difference was their muscles and breasts.

true...

Originally posted by NoFate007
Crane was never a power-punching villain, I think he was portrayed perfectly.

he was, one the best bat bad guys on screen ever...

chucktaylor
the Scarecrow rocked the whole cinema! He was f***** cool! How could you say he sucks? His straight-jacket costume is freaky man!

Doc Ock
Scarecrow was an awesome villain.Creepy and menacing.

Nuff said.

MildPossession
I was happy with Scarecrow, creppy creepy, played perfectly by Murphy.

tpaquin
The paralell of that baby-face with the horrible monster was perfect, in my opinion.

Joker1237
Scarecrow was great, played perfect, But wish he was the MAIN villian. He was a underline. and that did not set to well. But it was a ok movie.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Look at the comicbooks and look at the movies.the costumes dont come anywhere close to looking like they do. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Personalities match though

Sileas
it's those creepily calm blue eyes. almost hypnotic, in a scary way. yeah, the baby face and blue eyes. lulls you into thinking here's a harmless sweet whimp of a man, but he's actually extremely dangerous. very off putting, in the right way.

TMACalicious
Is it just me, or does Cilian Murphy look uncannily like Tom Welling (Clark Kent from Smallville), only way smaller?

benx
i didnt think he was in it enought to suck,

Red Superfly
Some people...........

Go play with crayons or something.

pr1983
Originally posted by TMACalicious
Is it just me, or does Cilian Murphy look uncannily like Tom Welling (Clark Kent from Smallville), only way smaller?

theres a slight resemblance though that was due to the makeup i think...

and hes a way better actor than welling...

kajal
how can you even say that scarecrow sucked?i have been a batman fan for years and i think cilian was a piece of brilliance;talent and sex appeal and if he isnt in the sequel, im not watchin it stick out tongue

kajal

how can you even say that scarecrow sucked?i have been a batman fan for years and i think cilian was a piece of brilliance;talent and sex appeal and if he isnt in the sequel, im not watchin it

chucktaylor
hey! welcome to the forum! anyway...

BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!!!

wuTa
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Some people...........

Go play with crayons or something.

Oh, i plan it mister! artist

DarkAge
I thought the Scarecrow was pretty cool in Begins except his phobia, which brilliantly and ironically is one of birds, was wasted in his hallucination scene, in which Batman appeared to turn into a generic-looking monster. What was up with that?

Red Superfly
Originally posted by DarkAge
I thought the Scarecrow was pretty cool in Begins except his phobia, which brilliantly and ironically is one of birds, was wasted in his hallucination scene, in which Batman appeared to turn into a generic-looking monster. What was up with that?

Scarecrow's gas doesn't always show phobias. It can just turn normal things into scary things.

vvvrulz
I thought they could have developed his background a little bit more, because otherwise he looked like a little wimp with a mask.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by b-dan
as you know i asked you how scarcrow died if anyof you answered that post well i saw batman begins last night and i was pissed scarecrwo does not look likket hat im the comics an di doubt he was weak and i hope he will be in the sequil and stronger to if that tazer didnt make him retarded and i hope he over comes his fear of the bat

No Batman fans wants a villain like the scarecrow to die.

The scarecrow is weak and that is why he looked weak in the end.

Burner
Originally posted by wozzy_the_dark
characters hardly look exactly like what they look like in the comics, i mean one is a comic, one is a film, bit of a difference see. for example, does wolverine look exactly like he does in the comics? does superman??

Umm....very very close.

yerssot
Originally posted by Harvey Dent
No Batman fans wants a villain like the scarecrow to die.

The scarecrow is weak and that is why he looked weak in the end.
the story was more on how batman began anyway, plus that he's still human

if you go down the whole superhero path in which he is untouchable then yes, scarecrow wouldn't fit in but he did in this movie

BlackC@t
The Scarecrow was great.

Cillian Murphy is a very good actor.

EsteemedLeader
he was beat by rachel, with a tazer. thats not cool. thats definitely not cool

yerssot
he's human, not batman or a superhero

Red Superfly
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader

So would you if a tazer was fired into your face.

He's an agent and a villain. He isn't some Kryptonian or genetically enhanced man.

Realism.

WindDancer
Scarecrow screws with your mind and uses your fears or phobias agaisn't you. That is his favorite weapon. He's notorious in the comics for saying that everyone that picks on him are "bullies". In his teen years Scarecrow used to be a geeky skinny defenless kid. But some bad prank drove him to the point madness.

The Scarecrow won't engage in full frontal combat. He will use his fear methods to defeat any opponent. I would have love to see more of him in BB. But he was just a secondary villain. As weak and pathetic you may think the scarecrow looks like. Don't be fooled so easy...understimating the Scarecrow is extremely dangerous.

vvvrulz
Thats the sort of stuff I wanted to see developed in the movie !

Any outsider wouldn't have even known he was the scarecrow unless Marconi had chanted it.

sevenman
So would you if a tazer was fired into your face.

He's an agent and a villain. He isn't some Kryptonian or genetically enhanced man.

Realism. Your realism is an idiot.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader

That WAS cool. I LOVED that part!

GO RACHEL!

chilled monkey
Scarecrow was done very well I thought.

tpaquin
Originally posted by chilled monkey

GO RACHEL!

I thought he looked scarier screaming and wobbling around on the horse than he did threatening people.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by sevenman
Your realism is an idiot.

Please type something in English.

tpaquin
Your realism also smells like cheese and failed the SATs.

Take that

.Dance_Inside.
I really liked the character 'Scarecrow' I thought he was..well cool. I liked the mask it scared the crap out of me. I am a huge Cillian Murhpy fan, and I thought he was great in this movie, he can really pull off the menacing and evil look and his acting is amazing. Yeah..I'm a huge fan of his..sorry for babbling on about how great I think he is lol

I really hope that hes in the the sequel, because I thought it was stupid that he just got tasered in the face, and that was it. I hope if hes in the sequel then they will develope his character and his past. So that hes in the movie alot more, because he stole every scene he was in.

Silverstein
i liked the scarecrow in this movie...although i was bummed that he never actually dressed up fully as a scarecrow...scarecrows wear whicker basket hats too

Batman Returns
scarecrow sucked in BB. keep him away from the sequel, he was a pussy goth kid. damnit, why did he get tazored by a girl!! why didnt batman get him? why so much stupid sh** with crane and the fear gas? why wasnt he wearing the comic costume and instead we get a guy in a suit with a potaoe bag head?

scarecrow sucked. ras was better but not by much. why couldnt watanabe be the real ras? he actually LOOKED like ras! unlike neeson. and why was crane so young and pretty boy-ish? didnt we have batman to look like that already?

.................... sick

Silverstein
wait, how was he beaten in batman begins???

Batman Returns
Originally posted by Silverstein
wait, how was he beaten in batman begins???

ummm......he got tazored by holmes?
mad

WHY!!!!????? that scene totally ruined the mood of the moment!!! GAAAAAAHHHHHH1!!!!! sad mad eek!

Silverstein
Originally posted by Batman Returns
ummm......he got tazored by holmes?
mad

WHY!!!!????? that scene totally ruined the mood of the moment!!! GAAAAAAHHHHHH1!!!!! sad mad eek!

...he got tazored confused wow...that sucks! i guess its cuz Ras Ghul was the main villain.

roughrider
Originally posted by munkiesarus

You couldn't put those costumes literally on film and be taken seriously. The reality of colour & design on a 2-D comics page, that has distortions no matter how realistic you draw, does not match photographed reality. Have you ever seen the stills from the Justice League TV pilot from the early 90's? They did the costumes exactly, and THEY LOOK AWFUL. LAUGHABLE. The producers of the upcoming Wonder Woman film have admitted, Diana's look will be "updated." Single heroes are somewhat easier - Superman, Batman and Spider-Man had their look intact on film, but you carefully design the enviroment around them, so they don't look silly.
That said, Bryan Singer played the X-Men outfits a little safe; some golden-yellow X's on the clothes would be welcome to the design, and make them look more like the representatives of Xavier they should be.

roughrider
Oh, and Cillian Murphy was a great Scarecrow. The movie went for the real, and he delivered. thumb up

Bardock42
I found Nolans Interpretation of Scarecrow, ver realistic and interesting. The Character in tjhe Coics never really did it for me....very boring to be hionest. Now the BB Scarecrow isn't my favorite villain either, but the concept is pretty cool....and Cillian Murphy indeed did a great job.

b-dan
well not that i didnt like him hes my fav batman villian and i hope hesin the sequil i wanna see him and joker team up and i hope it has the jokers real orgin i like that orign

.Dance_Inside.
eek! ya that would be awesome if the scarerow and the joker teamed up

Silverstein
joker and scarecrow would probably work on those gas toxins together, or joker gas...

Batman Returns
joker and scarecrow team up. pfft.

dont hold your breath on THAT. laughing

pmike
scarecrow in BB did suck a bit i think. the reason for dr crane using the fear gas was unexplained. he didnt look like a super villain unlike the comics were he had a scarecrow costume. all he wore woz a suit and a mask. nothing about him was that menacing and challenging. i just think the writers could of perhaps done a little more with the character

NoFate007
I think they should've had him in a more advanced version of his costume during that scene at the end, but I'm glad they didn't have him running around in a straw hat for the whole film. I would've liked it if, while on the horse, he would have a cooler looking suit on, but oh well, they did a good job.

yerssot
Originally posted by pmike
scarecrow in BB did suck a bit i think. the reason for dr crane using the fear gas was unexplained. he didnt look like a super villain unlike the comics were he had a scarecrow costume. all he wore woz a suit and a mask. nothing about him was that menacing and challenging. i just think the writers could of perhaps done a little more with the character
but in the movie, scarecrow didn't need to be menacing and challenging... the point was that his strength lied in his illusions through the gas, going for the mental attack cause he couldn't do the physical one

crimsonphoenix
the movie helped me relize wut kind of character he was. i mean i forgot wut scarecrow used to do.

Silverstein
Originally posted by NoFate007
I think they should've had him in a more advanced version of his costume during that scene at the end, but I'm glad they didn't have him running around in a straw hat for the whole film. I would've liked it if, while on the horse, he would have a cooler looking suit on, but oh well, they did a good job.

is it made of straw or is it a whicker basket hat??

-they coulda had the scarecrow costume to serve as a special suit like the ones in air tight anti bacterial labs...if they had a gas toxin that goes thru peoples' skin

smiley8
thought scarecrow was great in BB, scared me half to death!!! but should have been more of him, and what the hell happened to him after he got tazered? could have caused alot more havoc!!!

Batman Returns
Originally posted by smiley8
thought scarecrow was great in BB, scared me half to death!!!

didnt scare me. he was boring, and those fear gas scenes, while they made you jump for a sec, turned out to be pretty dull as well.

Originally posted by smiley8
but should have been more of him, and what the hell happened to him after he got tazered? could have caused alot more havoc!!!

one of the many reasons i did not like BB as much. and to make matters worse, he got tazored BY A GIRL. ugh. i hate you katie holmes.

bakerboy
The scarecrow didnt suck in batman begins. The main concept of the character is there, a sadistic professor obssed with the fear in the human beings. He was a great villain, and althought i would preffer the suit and the hat from the comics, it was trasladated in a realistic way, and i liked it. Not as the pathetic villains from the burton and shumacher films, who were over the top and the main focus in those movies. Except michelle pfeiffer catwoman, she was great. I liked the most part of the nicholson acting, but he was so different as the character that it damaged his acting.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah exactly.Like that one poster said,you cant expect them to look exactly like the comics.as long as they come close to looking like the character, which scarecrow did,thats all that matters.Now a villian like green goblin from the spiderman movies or what they did to the xmen characters was inexcusable and you would have a legitimate gripe about that. wink

Man this discussion is still going on? roll eyes (sarcastic) well since it is,here is my post from this before that it looks like I am going to have to repost again.sheeesh.

Silverstein
what did they do to the X'men?

Silverstein
I just rented the dbd, and saw scarecrow get tazored...my reaction was just "shocked and suprised"

scarecrow: "You have nothing to fear!! but fear itse-ARRGGHHH"

*horse drags him away into the distance* LOL

sevenman
Originally posted by chilled monkey

GO RACHEL!

Just another bat bimbo with an attitude.

Please type something in English.

HELL NO.

Originally posted by tpaquin
Your realism also smells like cheese and failed the SATs.

Take that

YEA!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.