Virgin Steele

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wickerman
I searched and couldn't find a thread about Virgin Steele in this section of the message boards. Woe to me doth i think, but 'lo, hope shines in the form of the "new topic" button. Ahem...now that i got that crap out of my system, here's the deal. They're an awesome band that made a bunch of brilliant (IMO) albums. The one i like best is The House of Atreus - Act 1.

If you already have a copy of this album, you'll know what i mean when i say they're awesome. It's a mixture of heavy metal and symphonic music, without an opera tenor (like therion or nightwish). However, the instruments they use compensate just fine. The theme of this album are the olympian stories. All the songs are placed in order of the happenings in the stories.

For example, in "Death Darkly closed their eyes" the Messenger speaks of the defeat the Trojans incurred and of the returning of the King:

""Nothing stands on the Plains of Troy
The Gods have chosen their Champion
Three Thousand Nights of Bloodshed, now Oblivion...
Embrace the Valiant Warrior, Fire God seething
Vanquisher of the Gates of Troy"
AWAIT, AWAIT, AWAIT!!!"

Two songs later, the king returns stick out tongue

It's all brilliantly done, the lyrics are awesome, the music suits exceptionally. All in all, it's some great stuff thumb up thumb up

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.