Obi and Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Zodiac
Why did Obi-Wan and Yoda hide. All Obi had to do was push Anakin into the lava, no Vader. Give Yoda Anakin's lightsaber and doubleteam Sidious. Their would be no way he could defeat both Yoda and Obi-Wan.

Anakin316
yea thats very true obi-wan and yoda would make a badass team , no even sidious would be able to defeat them

matreid
Sidious had hundreds of thousands of stormtroopers at his call. Try beating sids with hundreds of troopers shooting at you at the same time.
Read the book. Yoda says he only had one chance and that if he returned to de-throne the emperor, sids would have many troops with him. Obi-Wan could not force push his best friend into the lava. He just couldn't do it.

Ast Rofan
Yes the fact that Obi-Wan isnt an ******* really comes back to bite him. stick out tongue

General Zodiac
How many of you would have pushed Anakin into the lava, I wouldn't let him suffer to death.

matreid
Yah but you werent his best friend or had an emotional bond with him did you? That changes everything. Obi-Wan could not kill his friend that way.

Ken Kenobi
Yoda only had the element of surprise with him during his duel with Sidious. If Sidious knew he was still alive he would already have surrounded himself with as many available troopers as he could.

There was only one shot Yoda had to defeat Palpatine, and he blew it.

General Zodiac
I don't think that Yoda should have ran away. Sidious was grasping for life on the platform and Yoda just crawled away.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by General Zodiac
I don't think that Yoda should have ran away. Sidious was grasping for life on the platform and Yoda just crawled away.

Yoda also lost his lightsaber and had fallen a great distance. Sidious had more energy, plus he still had a hold of his weapon.

If Yoda had even attempted to get back into the fight he would have the floor wiped up with his little green buttocks.

matreid
Yep, he was battered and bruised after that fall.

General Zodiac
Look Obi and Yoda could have faced Sidious again. How do you think they got into the Jedi Temple? Their were a lot of Clone Troopers. Yoda would kill the troopers and Obi would have held off Sidious. Yoda would use the force to blast back dozens at a time. And Yoda could have forced pulled Sidious down making him fall a great distance and Yoda didn't he look around for the lightsaber.

Ken Kenobi
Look Obi and Yoda could have faced Sidious again. How do you think they got into the Jedi Temple? Their were a lot of Clone Troopers. Yoda would kill the troopers and Obi would have held off Sidious. Yoda would use the force to blast back dozens at a time. And Yoda could have forced pulled Sidious down making him fall a great distance and Yoda didn't he look around for the lightsaber.

Oh yeah...Yoda took the time to look for his lightsaber when there was a homicidal Sith getting ready to chop him to bits. roll eyes (sarcastic) He fled as fast as he could because he knew he could not defeat Sidious.

Obi-Wan hold off Sids? I don't think so. Sidious would have Obi-Wan down for the count within seconds, and Yoda would be faced with 100 or more Clonetroopers and Sidious at the same time. Did someone order Baked Potato topped witth chopped Green Munchikn?

Face it, Sidious won and there was no other way for the Jedi to face him again, it was a one sided battle.

matreid
yes

General Zodiac
Obi couldn't take Sidious? I'm sure Obi was stronger then Mace and he killed Sidious's @$$! Yoda would so kill the Clone Troopers by picking up a fighter or two and throwing it at them. If Yoda wasn't done in tome Obi would have killed Sidious. I'm sure Sidious lost his lightsaber that's why he didn't have it in ROTJ.

Ast Rofan
Obi couldn't take Sidious? I'm sure Obi was stronger then Mace and he killed Sidious's @$$! Yoda would so kill the Clone Troopers by picking up a fighter or two and throwing it at them. If Yoda wasn't done in tome Obi would have killed Sidious. I'm sure Sidious lost his lightsaber that's why he didn't have it in ROTJ.

Mace killed sidious? Okay what did I miss?

Mace was a far better swordsman than Obi-Wan.

matreid
Sidious didn't have a saber in ROTJ because he felt it was to trivial a weapon to carry around. Mace did not by any means "own" Sidious either.

General Zodiac
Mace had Sidious begging for life and don't say he was acting cause Anakin was struggling between good and evil and Sidious wouldn't have taken the risk of getting killed.

matreid
Hmmmm... I don't know about that one. Anyways, the point is there was no second chance and Obi-Wan and Yoda would not have been able to to defeat him a second time.

Ken Kenobi

HA! That's laughable.

Whoever said that a rematch would take place where there were fighters around for Yoda to throw? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mace got pwned by Sidious, Sids faked his defeat to help turn Anakin to the Dark Side. If Ani saw Palps kicking Mace's ass he would see the reason why Mace was fighting Palpatine in the first place.

Sure Anakin knew Palps was the Sith Lord, but he did NOT see Palpatine give reason for Mace to kick his ass. In Anakin's eyes Mace was bullying Palpatine and was going to kill an unarmed man, Anakin regretted the way he killed Dooku and he did not want Mace to do the same. That is why..."In my eyes, the Jedi are evil!"

matreid
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
HA! That's laughable.

Whoever said that a rematch would take place where there were fighters around for Yoda to throw? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mace got pwned by Sidious, Sids faked his defeat to help turn Anakin to the Dark Side. If Ani saw Palps kicking Mace's ass he would see the reason why Mace was fighting Palpatine in the first place.

Sure Anakin knew Palps was the Sith Lord, but he did NOT see Palpatine give reason for Mace to kick his ass. In Anakin's eyes Mace was bullying Palpatine and was going to kill an unarmed man, Anakin regretted the way he killed Dooku and he did not want Mace to do the same. That is why..."In my eyes, the Jedi are evil!"

Well said! yes

Ast Rofan
Okay lets not get into the Fake/Real debate here.

After the Yoda/Sid duel they had no second chance. And Ob-Wan didnt stand a chance against Sids, and dont count his victory over Anakin as a sign of his skill.

General Zodiac
Mace gave chance for Sidious to give up when he said 'by the Jedi Council you are under arrest' and Sidious went and did force lighting which was good enough reason for me.

Ken Kenobi
Mace had Sidious begging for life and don't say he was acting cause Anakin was struggling between good and evil and Sidious wouldn't have taken the risk of getting killed.

Oh bullshit.

Palpatine risked his own skin (literally) to turn Anakin. He was acting the whole time. Watch the duel again and pay close attention to Sidious' face when Mace and Anakin are arguing. His eyes go from Pain &Anguish to normal eyes sneaking glances at Anakin and Mace.

Ast Rofan
Im sorry, but the Fake/Real thing comes down to one thing for me.

"POWER........UNLIMTED...POWER!!!!!!! With a bigass smile on his face.

Ken Kenobi
Mace gave chance for Sidious to give up when he said 'by the Jedi Council you are under arrest' and Sidious went and did force lighting which was good enough reason for me.

Otherwise there would be no duel, Anakin would have stormed in on Palpatine and Mace talking, which would have done nothing to help force Ani to the dark side.

The duel between those two was inevitable,

General Zodiac
So you would risk death just to turn somebody?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Im sorry, but the Fake/Real thing comes down to one thing for me.

"POWER........UNLIMTED...POWER!!!!!!! With a bigass smile on his face.

yes

It proves it was all a rouse the whole time.

General Zodiac
So you would risk death to turn someone who isn't sure about himself.

matreid
He would do any to get his way. Even if his face was scarred, he really didn't care. He was satisfied because he got his "all powerful" apprentice.

Ken Kenobi

This isn't about me, this is about Palpatine.

If he thought that he didn't stand a chance to turn Anakin once Anakin was there watching...he could easily have turned the tables back onto Mace.

Ast Rofan

Who said he was risking death, if he could launch Mace a half mile away, I think he could of overpowered his saber.

General Zodiac
Whatever,
New topic-
Did Obi-Wan and Anakin seem a lot stronger when they faced each other at the end.

Ken Kenobi
Whatever,
New topic-
Did Obi-Wan and Anakin seem a lot stronger when they faced each other at the end.

First off, Anakin was filled with hate, which forced Obi-Wan to bring his A game to the fight.

Secondly, they had been training together and probably sparring with each other for 13 years. They knew every last move that the other one had. It was an even match.

General Zodiac
You don't think that Anakin and Obi-Wan couldn't fight like that when they teamed up on Dooku?

Ken Kenobi
You don't think that Anakin and Obi-Wan couldn't fight like that when they teamed up on Dooku?

No I don't.

Neither of them knew all of Dooku's moves, it is unwise to just throw yourself full force into a fight when you are unprepared for what they may throw at you.

If they had fought Dooku on many occasions and had a chance to study his techniques, then yes, they could take him on like they did in "The Duel".

General Zodiac
He was a Jedi you know. Yoda could have taught them how Dooku fought since Yoda trained Dooku.

Ast Rofan
Anakin could fight Dooku the way he did during the duel, you could see this by how fast he won after Dooku pissed him off.

Obi-Wan was able to use his knowledge of Ani's moves to stay alive long enough to let Ani make a mistake.

Lana
General Zodiac, I have a question.

Have you seen any of the Star Wars movies other than ROTS?

General Zodiac
You know that at one point in Oni/Ani duel they were choking one another, they dropped their lightsabers and started fist fighting for a bit and to begin with how would Obi know that Anakin didn't learn a new style when he became a Jedi? It is possible to learn a new style that you may find better then your old one and master it during the Clone Wars. Plus you have to think that Obi and Anakin say each other mostly in fights with their enemies had blasters and a lightsaber is no blaster.

Ken Kenobi
He was a Jedi you know. Yoda could have taught them how Dooku fought since Yoda trained Dooku.

Yoda fights with a totally different form of combat than Dooku, that would not work. Besides they have lightsaber instructors teach them how to fight, not always their Masters.

Anakin could fight Dooku the way he did during the duel, you could see this by how fast he won after Dooku pissed him off.

Obi-Wan was able to use his knowledge of Ani's moves to stay alive long enough to let Ani make a mistake.

It wasn't necessarily his knowledge of Dooku's moves though, it was his hate and how Dooku was 3 times the age of Anakin. Anakin just one upped him.

Ast Rofan
It wasn't necessarily his knowledge of Dooku's moves though, it was his hate and how Dooku was 3 times the age of Anakin. Anakin just one upped him.

I know, i wasnt talking about him knowing Dooku's moves. I was just saying that unlike Obi-Wan, Anakin had that much skill.

General Zodiac
To begin with a master takes a student when he turns 8 to train one on one with. Second I'm sure Yoda with his 800 years exp knows how to teach a student a different form of lightsaber styles.

Ken Kenobi
You know that at one point in Oni/Ani duel they were choking one another, they dropped their lightsabers and started fist fighting for a bit and to begin with how would Obi know that Anakin didn't learn a new style when he became a Jedi? It is possible to learn a new style that you may find better then your old one and master it during the Clone Wars. Plus you have to think that Obi and Anakin say each other mostly in fights with their enemies had blasters and a lightsaber is no blaster.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Anakin and Obi-Wan were together for 95% of the Clone Wars, there was no time for Anakin to go off on some "quest" to learn a new style of lightsaber combat.

And how is your blaster comment relevent in this discussion? We're talking about straight up lightsaber duels.

Ast Rofan

I am I the only one who doesnt know what the hell this says?

Ken Kenobi
To begin with a master takes a student when he turns 8 to train one on one with. Second I'm sure Yoda with his 800 years exp knows how to teach a student a different form of lightsaber styles.

Where do you get the fact of Masters taking their Padawans to duel? That has GOT to be EU, look at Attack of the Clones, Yoda teaches the younglings the basics, not their Masters.

General Zodiac
The Clone Wars lasted 4 years and Anakin became a Master after 2 and a half. Or so I heard.

Ken Kenobi
I am I the only one who doesnt know what the hell this says?

Don't worry, you're not alone. messed

Lana
Anakin never became a Master.

Ast Rofan
The Clone Wars lasted 4 years and Anakin became a Master after 2 and a half. Or so I heard.

Heard wrong, Anakin isnt a master, they even make that a crucial plot point in RotS.

General Zodiac
He became a Jedi Knight. And deflecting blaster shots isn't like going up against another lightsaber.

Ken Kenobi

HA!

The Clone Wars lasted for Three years, and Anakin became a Jedi Knight 4 months prior to Revenge of the Sith.

If you watch Episode III again, when Palpatine assigns Anakin to the Jedi Council, Anakin says "Me? A Master?"

General Zodiac
A Jedi Knight and a Jedi Master isn't the same thing. A Knight is inbetween a Padwaan and a Master.

Captain REX
Sounds like Zodiac needs to actually WATCH ROTS first...

If I were Yoda, I wouldn't spend 800 years mastering someone else's style. I'd master my own, and he is a master at Form II, which is the 'I'm going to jump around like a flippin' psycho and chop to you to bits' technique.

Ken Kenobi
He became a Jedi Knight. And deflecting blaster shots isn't like going up against another lightsaber.

But we're NOT talking about deflecting blaster bolts? Are we?

Where the blue hell are you coming from?

They trained together and sparred together...THAT is how they know each others moves. Their other battles against other enemies did have blasters involved, but that doesn't prove anything at all!

Ast Rofan
Okay, I am lost. Did Ani and Obi start shooting at eachother?

Ken Kenobi
A Jedi Knight and a Jedi Master isn't the same thing. A Knight is inbetween a Padwaan and a Master.

We know that. But you said in one of your previous statements that Anakin became a JEDI MASTER, read what you posted again before trying to twist your words. You make no sense.

General Zodiac
Deflecting a blaster and staying alive in a lightsaber duel...
I'm pretty sure Obi-Wan never trained Anakin for lightsaber duels. A Jedi trained to deflect blasters since their enemies mostly used them so Obi-Wan would never teach someone how to fight unless he knew Anakin would fight a Sith. So you're saying you should do the same thing when fighting someone with a blaster that you would do using a lightsaber?

Captain REX
*randomly vomits*

Zodiac...have fun. Ken's got ya beat. stick out tongue

General Zodiac
I don't see the post where I called Anakin a Master. And I seen ROTS 4 times.

Lana
Hey Zodiac, would you mind answering the question I asked you?

Have you actually seen any of the SW movies other than ROTS (which I'm doubting you've actually seen as well)?

Lana
I don't see the post where I called Anakin a Master. And I seen ROTS 4 times.

You said it right here:

Ast Rofan
I'm pretty sure Obi-Wan never trained Anakin for lightsaber duels. A Jedi trained to deflect blasters since their enemies mostly used them so Obi-Wan would never teach someone how to fight unless he knew Anakin would fight a Sith. So you're saying you should do the same thing when fighting someone with a blaster that you would do using a lightsaber?

So they where never trained to duel?

They do know there are dark jedi, they have to train dueling. That makes no ****ing sense!

Captain REX
Of course Obi-Wan trained Anakin for duels!!! It's standard Jedi procedure. They may never run into the Sith, but there are other things like Dark Jedi and idiots trying to use lightsabers...however rare they may be, might want to know how to fight them.

General Zodiac
I've seen every movie. I own the original star wars and their special editions both on VHS and DVD and seen 1 and 2, I have all but 3 on DVD.

Ken Kenobi

Oh my god!

The Jedi train for everything. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had already fought a Sith and they knew there was still another out there. If I were on the Jedi Council I would make it mandatory that all Jedi learn to fight a Sith Lord. It was a big possibility for the other Sith to make his prescense known.

The Jedi have their own little sparring contests, which means they duel against each other (lightsabers energy turned down to a non-lethal setting) to better their training. Go read some books and get some real knowledge before trying to debate something.

Ast Rofan
This makes no sense, but I am really enjoing this. stick out tongue

Ken Kenobi
This makes no sense, but I am really enjoing this. stick out tongue

So am I, these are my most thought provoking posts in the last year at least. stick out tongue

General Zodiac
But they didn't know if Maul was the Master or not. So I'm sure Obi would have trained Anakin for say in case another Droid armies or any army attacks again. And Obi or Qui never dueled a sith expect for Maul and the sith were gone for over 1,000 years. And an idiot using a lightsaber has no knowledge of the force so do something like Obi did in ROTS with the 4 bodyguards.

Captain REX
That's because no one is worthy of your thought-provokingness, Ken...

*bows*

Lana
But they didn't know if Maul was the Master or not. So I'm sure Obi would have trained Anakin for say in case another Droid armies or any army attacks again. And Obi or Qui never dueled a sith expect for Maul and the sith were gone for over 1,000 years. And an idiot using a lightsaber has no knowledge of the force so do something like Obi did in ROTS with the 4 bodyguards.

Dooku was a Sith, too, and Obi-wan also dueled him.

And they still would have learned duelling anyway roll eyes (sarcastic)

General Zodiac
I meant before Maul. And they would have been taught the basics but not advance when a Sith trains to face a Jedi because they knew they would.

Ast Rofan
That is part of Jedi life, you learn real saber techniques.

Ken Kenobi

What does it matter if Maul were the Master or the Apprentice? He was still a maniac with a double-bladed lightsaber trying to kill them! The Sith being "extinct" for over 1,000 years means nothing in the grand scheme of things. They trained regardless if there were enemies to dispose of or not.

That's like if a Master of karate stopped training just because there were no Ninjas to fight, he would forget how to do everything and he could never pass his knowledge onto someone else.

The same goes for the Jedi, they passed on their teachings from generation to generation. The Sith did EXACTLY the same thing. How else would Maul or even Sidious for that matter know how to weild a lightsaber against a trained Jedi Knight? Please answer me truthfully. It's the basics of the world, you pass on your craft to others, otherwise no one would know how to do shit!

General Zodiac
Not advanced like a Sith.

Captain REX
They STILL would have learned to duel. Otherwise, Maul would have wiped the floor with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan immediately. Sheesh, why use swords if you're not going to duel with them? You might as well use blasters and just be quick.

Captain REX
Answer the feckin' question! stick out tongue

Ken Kenobi
Not advanced like a Sith.

Prove to me what the hell you mean! Your little one liners aren't helping to explain what you meant.

The Jedi from 1,000 years ago knew how powerful the Sith were, so they trained their apprentices how to fight a Sith, just incase they ever came back. And so on and so forth.

Just because the Jedi thought the Sith to be gone for good, doesn't mean they weren't training themselves for someone or something as strong as a Sith Lord.

Geez.

Ast Rofan
Jedi learn to duel, you cant argue that.

Master Rofan spent much of his life learning the art of dueling. big grin

Ken Kenobi
Jedi learn to duel, you cant argue that.

Master Rofan spent much of his life learning the art of dueling. big grin

yes

The way you put it is in simple terms, maybe he will understand now. stick out tongue

General Zodiac
Shall I start over? Anakin was trained by Obi-Wan who was trained by Qui-Gon who was trained by Dooku who was trained by Yoda. In case you didn't know, Yoda never really taught his students much about dueling if you didn't see 2 or 5. So Dooku would have taught to Qui-Gon what Yoda taught him. Since Yoda teaches his student mostly about the force Dooku did the same with Qui-Gon so Qui-Gon did the same with Obi-Wan who did the same for Anakin.
Since the topic is did Anakin and Obi-Wan seem better in their fight scene I really fail to see how we got into this because you can go to supershadow.com and ask Lucas a question...he may not answer it but he did one of mine last month or so about the same subject and he told me since this was going to be the fight everyone was waiting for since 1 or 4 he wasn't going to hold back anything in this fight.
I mean it was possible for Obi-Wan to have learned Dooku's fighing style since he left around episode 1 giving him years to learn it and wouldn't you think Dooku's style would have been Qui-Gon's so wouldn't it have been Obi-Wan's and Anakin's just a little different?

Lana
YODA TAUGHT YOUNGLINGS BASIC SABER TECHNIQUE.

If you've seen AOTC, when Obi-wan goes to speak to Yoda, what is Yoda teaching the younglings? Saber technique. You're wrong.

Ast Rofan
We are not saying that apprentices have the same style as their Master. They have the style of their choosing, but they do spar eachother and would know the others moves.

Ken Kenobi
Shall I start over? Anakin was trained by Obi-Wan who was trained by Qui-Gon who was trained by Dooku who was trained by Yoda. In case you didn't know, Yoda never really taught his students much about dueling if you didn't see 2 or 5. So Dooku would have taught to Qui-Gon what Yoda taught him. Since Yoda teaches his student mostly about the force Dooku did the same with Qui-Gon so Qui-Gon did the same with Obi-Wan who did the same for Anakin.
Since the topic is did Anakin and Obi-Wan seem better in their fight scene I really fail to see how we got into this because you can go to supershadow.com and ask Lucas a question...he may not answer it but he did one of mine last month or so about the same subject and he told me since this was going to be the fight everyone was waiting for since 1 or 4 he wasn't going to hold back anything in this fight.
I mean it was possible for Obi-Wan to have learned Dooku's fighing style since he left around episode 1 giving him years to learn it and wouldn't you think Dooku's style would have been Qui-Gon's so wouldn't it have been Obi-Wan's and Anakin's just a little different?

First off, you have just contraticted yourself. You said that Yoda taught Dooku how to weild a lightsaber, but now you are saying he didn't. huh

Secondly, Supershadow.com is a fan-site, run by a man even more delusional than you. HE lies about knowing George Lucas and he fabricates stories and tries to pass them off as real.

You my friend are a total idiot.

Ast Rofan
First off, you have just contraticted yourself. You said that Yoda taught Dooku how to weild a lightsaber, but now you are saying he didn't. huh

Secondly, Supershadow.com is a fan-site, run by a man even more delusional than you. HE lies about knowing George Lucas and he fabricates stories and tries to pass them off as real.

You my friend are a total idiot.

Oh, I didnt spend time readin that crap he posted, I just saw the last line. But if he is citing SS as his source, he is hopeless.

Lana
Oh, I didnt spend time readin that crap he posted, I just saw the last line. But if he is citing SS as his source, he is hopeless.

I stopped reading it after he said Yoda never really taught duelling and mostly taught about the Force.

Ken Kenobi

Most of what he posted was like the chain game, IE:

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Dooku, Yoda, Dooku, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin.

There was nothing usefull in his post at all.

newjak86
Is he gone yet.

Ast Rofan
Uh oh, newjak followed me, he is still mad about that comment. sad

Lana
Haha, Jak's been watching Ken pwn this guy with great amusement for some time now laughing out loud

Ken Kenobi
Uh oh, newjak followed me, he is still mad about that comment. sad

Eh?

newjak has been talking with us in MSN, he doesn't seem upset about anything.

Ast Rofan
Not you too, what is with this "pwn" crap?

Ast Rofan
Eh?

newjak has been talking with us in MSN, he doesn't seem upset about anything.

Was a joke, he isnt mad, I dont think.

newjak86
Ast i could never be mad at you.

Ken Kenobi
Not you too, what is with this "pwn" crap?

pwn has been around for a while now.

My guess is that someone misspelled own once and some computer geeks started thinking it looked cool so they started using it. Then some other people copied them, and before you knew it...Internet Phenomenon!

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by newjak86
Ast i could never be mad at you.

Ah, how sweet. stick out tongue

Wait, that cant be good for my manhood. sad

Lana
pwn has been around for a while now.

My guess is that someone misspelled own once and some computer geeks started thinking it looked cool so they started using it. Then some other people copied them, and before you knew it...Internet Phenomenon!

Just like so many other things....like All Your Base Are Belong to Us laughing out loud

newjak86
Ah, how sweet. stick out tongue

Wait, that cant be good for my manhood. sad
It doesn't

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Lana
Just like so many other things....like All Your Base Are Belong to Us laughing out loud

That started as a video game though, stick out tongue

I still don't see why the American translators didn't re-write the script to the game when it was released in the US.

Lana
That started as a video game though, stick out tongue

I still don't see why the American translators didn't re-write the script to the game when it was released in the US.

Yes I know. Which was really badly translated. And because of the internet became wildly popular stick out tongue

And who knows...but who cares, it's hilarious.

Ast Rofan
There where alot more in that game to, just that one became popular.

Ken Kenobi
Hahaha, looks like our friend General Zodiac couldn't stand me beating him in debate.

Does this make me a Master Debater?

Captain REX
Hell yes it does. no expression

General Zodiac
Sorry I like to do other things.

Lana
We scared him off......big grin

Ken Kenobi
Sorry I like to do other things.

Does this mean you admit defeat?

I can go all day and night debating this because all of your points have been wrong and/or irrelevant.

General Zodiac
So do you think that Anakin would have sliced off the arm if it was Obi-Wan instead of Mace about to kill Sidious?

Ken Kenobi
So do you think that Anakin would have sliced off the arm if it was Obi-Wan instead of Mace about to kill Sidious?

Once again, not relevant to our debate...but, it all depends on how Palpatine was acting at that point. Anakin already had his doubts about Obi-Wan because of Obi not agreeing to him being on the Council as an Adviser and that Obi-Wan was the one who asked him to spy on the Chancellor.

lotr456
IS ANYONE HERE A REGISTERED AND ACTIVE MILLENIUMFALCOM.COM MEMBER IF SO PLEASE PM ME sad

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

General Zodiac
In case you forgot the debate was about Yoda and Obi-Wan which means this is relevant since it does consider Obi-Wan.

Ast Rofan
WooHoo, the second greatest thread since the movie was released continues. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by lotr456
IS ANYONE HERE A REGISTERED AND ACTIVE MILLENIUMFALCOM.COM MEMBER IF SO PLEASE PM ME sad

There are a lot of KMC'ers registered there. why promote their forums on our community? Did they ban you and now you have no way to click their illegal bootleg links? sad stick out tongue

In case you forgot the debate was about Yoda and Obi-Wan which means this is relevant since it does consider Obi-Wan.

Yes it started out as Obi-Wan and Yoda, but we also got to discussing other matters and now you are just switching subjects instead of continuing our previous debate.

Ast Rofan
Ken, you should rename this thread...

"The official whatever the **** pops into your head thread"

Ken Kenobi
Ken, you should rename this thread...

"The official whatever the **** pops into your head thread"

You'd think so, wouldn't you? laughing

General Zodiac
You wanna go on with the Anakin and Obi-Wan duel? Fine, Obi-Wan was trained in the force correct. So since he is powerful in the force he can see into the future. Follow me, but the darkside clouds everything. Obi could atleast see what his opponent could do that's why he would be such a good fighter against Grievous but Dooku proved stronger then Obi by defeating him.
So since Obi and Anakin were trained to do that wouldn't they do better in the past say when they teamed up on Dooku. So why was their duel so much bigger and since Obi-Wan seemed to be better trained at the time he could have defeated him as soon as anakin did his backflip if Obi felt like it.

Ast Rofan
You wanna go on with the Anakin and Obi-Wan duel? Fine, Obi-Wan was trained in the force correct. So since he is powerful in the force he can see into the future. Follow me, but the darkside clouds everything. Obi could atleast see what his opponent could do that's why he would be such a good fighter against Grievous but Dooku proved stronger then Obi by defeating him.
So since Obi and Anakin were trained to do that wouldn't they do better in the past say when they teamed up on Dooku. So why was their duel so much bigger and since Obi-Wan seemed to be better trained at the time he could have defeated him as soon as anakin did his backflip if Obi felt like it.

Where do you get that Obi could just finish Anakin whenever he wanted to? Anakin is much stronger than Obi.

General Zodiac
I don't know...Anakin had his guard down the entire time he did the flip at the start of the battle.

Ast Rofan
Anakin landed facing Obi with his saber ready, where was the danger?

General Zodiac
And Obi couldn't have jumped at him?

Ast Rofan
Sure, but does that mean he would have killed him in the air? They could simply clash and fight on as usual.

General Zodiac
Would Anakin truely been able to block something upside down while trying to focus on landing facing Obi?

Ast Rofan
Forget it...

You know how many openings there are in every single star wars duels? Tons!!!

General Zodiac
True but when your in a life or death duel you wouldn't see all the openings coming at you.

Ken Kenobi

Obi-Wan could sense the moves coming, that is correct, but so could Dooku and Anakin. Another one of your theories debunked.

During the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel they both had Force-Sense, they could both mimic each others lightsaber styles. They were evenly matched.

Obi-Wan had his training, which was far superior to Anakins, but Anakin had his rage and the Dark-Side plus he is altogether more powerful with the Force.

Come on man, give me something that I can't answer, this is too easy.

Ken Kenobi
Would Anakin truely been able to block something upside down while trying to focus on landing facing Obi?

Yes he could, he is powerful with the Force, but his hate had made him careless.

General Zodiac
Answer this then. If Anakin could see what's to happen next why did he try jump over Obi. Don't say it's because he's pissed because someone who is compeletly mad keeps common sense and trying to prove that was stupid showing Anakin is as good as Obi because if it wasn't the jump Anakin would have made a mistake sooner then Obi.

General Zodiac
I ment Anakin trying to show that he's as good as Obi

Lana
Answer this then. If Anakin could see what's to happen next why did he try jump over Obi. Don't say it's because he's pissed because someone who is compeletly mad keeps common sense and trying to prove that was stupid showing Anakin is as good as Obi because if it wasn't the jump Anakin would have made a mistake sooner then Obi.

No, someone that far enraged does NOT have any common sense left at the moment. Why do you think people do such stupid things in real life when they're pissed.

Anakin was determined not to give up, and was blinded enough by his anger and confident that he would win that he did it anyway.

General Zodiac
People do stupid things cause they're stupid and wasn't taught better.

Lana
No, people do stupid things because they're pissed and their sense of rational thinking is clouded by their anger. Plenty of smart people do idiotic things while angered.

JKozzy
Answer this then. If Anakin could see what's to happen next why did he try jump over Obi. Don't say it's because he's pissed because someone who is compeletly mad keeps common sense and trying to prove that was stupid showing Anakin is as good as Obi because if it wasn't the jump Anakin would have made a mistake sooner then Obi. Lana is right, you are completely mistaken. Someone 'completely mad' is NOT going to keep common sense. If anything, they are the most likely to LOSE common sense.

Ken Kenobi

Force-Sense is not a certain thing. Remember Yoda in ESB, "Always in motion the future is".

If Force-Sense could tell you everylast thing that would happen to you, do you think Qui-Gon would have left his chest open to Darth Maul? Would Ki-Adi Mundi have kept his back turned against the Clonetroopers until it was too late? Would Plo Koon have stayed on target and let the Clone in the starfighter blow him out of the sky? No! they would have gone to safety, or in Plo Koon's case, he would have flown away at full speed to avoid certain death.

and what do you mean about his anger would make him focus or whatever it is you're trying to say? Anger/hate/rage...these are the things that lead to Anakin's downfall. Sure they make him stronger, but it also makes him an absolute idiot.

General Zodiac
Good point about force sense but did you think Plo Koon was expecting that to happen or any other Jedi? Qui-Gon didn't let his guard down Maul kicked him in the face forcing Qui-Gon to lower his guard.
Anakin did do a lot of stupid things that led to his downfall and Obi-Wan did a lot of stupid things that helped led to Anakin's downfall. Like if Obi didn't go to fight Grievous Obi (The person Anakin looked up to) could have kept him on the path of the Jedi so it seems to me Anakin wasn't ready to be a Knight yet.

Ken Kenobi
Good point about force sense but did you think Plo Koon was expecting that to happen or any other Jedi? Qui-Gon didn't let his guard down Maul kicked him in the face forcing Qui-Gon to lower his guard.
Anakin did do a lot of stupid things that led to his downfall and Obi-Wan did a lot of stupid things that helped led to Anakin's downfall. Like if Obi didn't go to fight Grievous Obi (The person Anakin looked up to) could have kept him on the path of the Jedi so it seems to me Anakin wasn't ready to be a Knight yet.

Oh come on.

I never said Quo-Gon let his guard down, I said that he wasn't expecting it because Force-Sense is not a constant thing. And no, Plo Koon and the others weren't expecting it either, hence my previous post explaining that if they did expect it, they would not have died. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now you're just taking what I say, and translating it to moronic speak, trying to turn it against my debate. It's not working.

It's not Obi-Wan's fault Anakin turned to the dark side. It's Anakin's and Palpatines. No one elses. Anakin was weak minded about certain aspects which allowed Palps to twist him into evil.

Ast Rofan
Man, this is like batting practice for Ken. Nothing but hangers over the heart of the plate.

General Zodiac
Even the weakest mind can stay on the right track with the right guidance. Plus I'm sure Sense will only work when one is focused and Qui-Gon might have been unfocused with Maul. I mean a sith going at you with a double bladed I'm sure you're trying to stay alive.

mysterio69
WooHoo, the second greatest thread since the movie was released continues. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
and what would be the the greatest then? is it a 50-way tie for whether palpy was faking defeat threads?

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by mysterio69
and what would be the the greatest then? is it a 50-way tie for whether palpy was faking defeat threads?

Haha, those could be some of the biggest reason for this places downfall.

The thread I referred to was the grill baby. Happy Dance

mysterio69
oh yeah. i've only heard rumblings of it since it's demise. it's like a legend now.

Ast Rofan
oh yeah. i've only heard rumblings of it since it's demise. it's like a legend now.

Oh no, oh no my friend. The grill is ALIVE, it is more powerful than ever before. cool stick out tongue

mysterio69
i see. and is the booze cheaper than queeq's?

matreid
Originally posted by Captain REX
Sounds like Zodiac needs to actually WATCH ROTS first...

If I were Yoda, I wouldn't spend 800 years mastering someone else's style. I'd master my own, and he is a master at Form II, which is the 'I'm going to jump around like a flippin' psycho and chop to you to bits' technique.

Actually, Master Yoda's lightsaber flippy style is form 4!stick out tongue

DarkYoda
Hahahahahahaha I can't believe I missed this!! eek!

You should see Ast's Grill Legend gif! It's GREAT!! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.