Mr Fantastic vs Batman-Who Wins?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Hicks
Both heroes have prep time. Fight in New Jersey. Who Wins the fight?

Hulk Power
I'd say that Batman beats the crap out of him.

black robb
B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-Batman!

ZephroCarnelian
So would I... except - how would he hurt him?

Mr Fantastic's pretty much indestructable lol.

He's not got the speed or skill to beat Bats in combat though, so I'd say a draw.

black robb
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
So would I... except - how would he hurt him?

Mr Fantastic's pretty much indestructable lol.

He's not got the speed or skill to beat Bats in combat though, so I'd say a draw. he's not indestructable just malleable,explosives can still hurt his ass

Dark Thor
batman

Zenoside
I'd have to go with the Bats on this one.

About the only useful power MR. Fantastic has is making Mrs. Fantastic very happy.

Hulk Power
laughing laughing

long pig
dunananananananananana mr fanastic!

DOOM>Fantastic>BlackPanther>Batman

Mr.Fantastic is like a whole league above Batman in the intelligence factor, and his resources far outweigh Batty's. Reed will come in with a IronMan suit and a few nukes.
Batman who??

Scoobless
i know Batman gets all the respect around here when he's given prep.... but Reed can outprep anyone..... he's faster, stronger, smarter.... and will show up to the fight with his 'nullify your prep time' gun and his 'kick yo a$$' cannon

batman gets squished here.... squished like a muppet under a steamroller

http://www.cnn.com/US/9612/23/fringe/squash.me.elmo/elmo.gif

refresh to see it again.... big grin

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Scoobless

Beautiful...

Avalonofthewind
Tough to say if they both have prep.
Reeds is a smart s.o.b. and could have a ton of ways to defeat bats.

now Reeds wouldnt be too different physically from plastic man or martian manhunter, which were taken out pretty easily physically.

They might as well just decide this fight by having them play a game of chess.

mr.smiley
With prep time Reed.IMO

Sentry
Mr. Fantastic Prep VS. Batman's prep

(Fantastic)Professor Of Harvard = (Batman)12 year old with ADD.

Mr. Fantastic wins.

brainchild81
Originally posted by mr.smiley
With prep time Reed.IMO Ditto

CorderaMitchell
Reed with prep makes bats look like an retarded child on life support.

brainchild81
because they've been shot......IN THE HEAD!

CorderaMitchell
I guess............................................

Rephrase that.

brainchild81
?

CorderaMitchell
Who's shooting who?

CorderaMitchell
Who's been shooting who?

brainchild81
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Who's shooting who? The child is on Life support because they've been shot......IN THE HEAD! That's what I meant.

armandovalles
Mr. Fantastic, easily. He can augment his strength to high CL 100+ levels (although only for short periods of time, like 3 hours max). He can do this by making himself bigger and more buff, therefore stronger by using his elasticity.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by brainchild81
The child is on Life support because they've been shot......IN THE HEAD! That's what I meant.

sorry its late.

good joke smokin'

Scoobless
Originally posted by armandovalles
Mr. Fantastic, easily. He can augment his strength to high CL 100+ levels (although only for short periods of time, like 3 hours max). He can do this by making himself bigger and more buff, therefore stronger by using his elasticity.

when has he ever done anything remotely close to a high class 100 strength feat?

willRules
He doesn't need strength alone to beat him. He is just as smart if not smarter than bruce, more agile and he could just envelop him. Unless Batman comes up with something lame like an anti-fantastic four ray or something sad like his fighting skills will help him win wink

Zod4Life
This is a tough one.Mr.Fantastic will be able to dodge anything Batman throws at him so I have to say Mr.Fantastic wins this one.

CorderaMitchell
I think bats would have a harder time defending those kind of attacks.

Xplosive
Mr. Fantastic in both departmants, intelligence and in fight crushes him.

8bitChris
Seriously? It's ridiculous to even entertain the thought of Bruce Wayne being smarter than Reed Richards.

With prep? Reed will take it.

Fist fight? Batman is getting choked to death, HARD!

Zod4Life
Agreed.

MrHeavySilence
Mr Fantastic isn't THAT great. How many times has he been bested by Dr Doom and everybody else.

Plus Batman has faced Elongated Man before and kicked ass.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Mr Fantastic isn't THAT great. How many times has he been bested by Dr Doom and everybody else.

Doom's not exactly a pushover big grin

It's nice that Batman beat Elongated Man, but unless Elongated Man is a veritable genius then it doesn't really set a precedent.

willRules
where do they fight. If its the Four Freedoms plaza then Batmans in trouble.

CorderaMitchell
Yea And we know Mr. Fantastic is underrated,the opposite for bats.

Darth Hicks
Originally posted by willRules
where do they fight. If its the Four Freedoms plaza then Batmans in trouble.

They fight in gotham city.

CorderaMitchell
lol

Zod4Life
Does it matter where they fight?I would just want to see a fight!

CorderaMitchell
Write us up something.

Zod4Life
What do you mean?

Darth Hicks
Mr.Fantastic Wins 10/10 times

CorderaMitchell
Thats pretty bold, can you back it up, bud? smile

Darth Hicks
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Thats pretty bold, can you back it up, bud? smile

yea reed richards is smarter. but i would say his chances are 6/10.

Zod4Life
Agreed.

CorderaMitchell
I think he'll win as well, because he is a better thinker, and fighter up close, though he is underrated, I mean look at him!!

Zod4Life
He may have some skiny looking arms but he can pack a powerful punch!

CorderaMitchell
indeed

Wynndar
He has beat Namor into submission

CorderaMitchell
I can believe that.

pyrofreak
Mr.F would kick Bat's Crud!!! laughing

Zod4Life
Batman isn't as dumb as some of you think.He's pretty smart.How many people can build technology like that in a cave?Reed Richards and Bruce Wayne are both smart but I think that it's a little hard to tell who's smarter because I've seen both do some pretty amazing and smart things.But Reed will win in a fight against Batman but I think that Batman would put up a good fight.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Zod4Life
Batman isn't as dumb as some of you think.He's pretty smart.How many people can build technology like that in a cave?

Probably as many as he has working for him at Wayne Enterprises big grin

Zod4Life
He didn't have people from Wayne Enterprises build that stuff.He did it himself.If he did have his workers build it,they would have blabbed that they knew he was Batman and his career as Batman would be over.

Wanderer259
The technology is all cobbled together by various research and development teams at Wayne Enterprises. Batman is a detective and forensics scientist, not an engineering and invention guru.

xmarksthespot
Scientists designing tech with military applications don't always know it has military applications. I'm not saying Batman doesn't have some minimal engineering ability, he probably has to slightly modify/apply the tech but the innovation I never assumed came from him and I wouldn't put him on the level of Reed Richards.

Zod4Life
But still,my point is that he's really smart and he's not dumb at all.

xmarksthespot
Yes but he's not the super mechanical engineer/molecular biologist/quantum physicist/biochemist that some people sometimes assume him to be.

Wanderer259
Incidentally, Reed Richards possesses all the titles listed above.

Cosmic Cube
Mr. Fantastic can force himself down Batman's throat and suffocate him. I know, it sounds gross, but it's a definite possibility.

xmarksthespot
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/reedMonster.jpg

Batman win = pretty unlikely

jesserw21
can batman just freeze him.....

willRules
Originally posted by Funkmaster TC
Fight in New Jersey.

Originally posted by Funkmaster TC
They fight in gotham city.

Which one is it?? confused

TheKahn
i know Batman gets all the respect around here when he's given prep.... but Reed can outprep anyone..... he's faster, stronger, smarter.... and will show up to the fight with his 'nullify your prep time' gun and his 'kick yo a$$' cannon

yes

Marcus4600

I'll cosign to that. Bats with prep is good, but Reed with prep means everybody goes down.

grey fox
I'm sticking with reed .

Reasons ?

A . Reed has powers , bat's doesn't (one of the most important reasons)

B. Batman can't actually harm reed in any way shape or form.

C. Reed can smother batman in a minute.

Mr Master
I love Batman, and with prep no one can touch him ------ with the exeption of two others,

Doctor Doom and Reed Richards,

observe as in what seems seconds, Reed comes out of unconscious, only to find himself and others buried under two miles of rock, he instantly conjures the plan to escape, but beyond this, noticing that even the Hulk(with help from Iron Man)would not be able to hold it up for long, ingeniously makes the Hulk super angry to buy some time(seconds really)while constructing an extremely advance gizmo for all to escape.

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=secretwars004186xh.jpg
http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=secretwars004192cv.jpg

spideycarnage
Originally posted by Mr Master
I love Batman, and with prep no one can touch him ------ with the exeption of two others,

Doctor Doom and Reed Richards,

observe as in what seems seconds, Reed comes out of unconscious, only to find himself and others buried under two miles of rock, he instantly conjures the plan to escape, but beyond this, noticing that even the Hulk(with help from Iron Man)would not be able to hold it up for long, ingeniously makes the Hulk super angry to buy some time(seconds really)while constructing an extremely advance gizmo for all to escape.

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=secretwars004186xh.jpg
http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=secretwars004192cv.jpg

wow that was amazing! reed takes this easily,

Black Adam
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

RUNMAN
Mr. Fantastic owns Batman

Scoobless
Originally posted by Black Rob
he's not indestructable just malleable,explosives can still hurt his ass

As close to indestructible as almost anyone can be without having utterly rediculous power levels:

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/5754/mrfantasticnamorfight10sw5ho.jpg
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/1690/mrfantasticnamorfight23tt1uo.jpg

car
Originally posted by Hulk Power

batman would be killed mr fan would kill the ***

badabing
I wouldn't underestimate Bats on this. With prep he could come up with a plan. Reed may be very durable but extreme cold could immobilize him. Bats does carry freeze pellets. I give it a 50/50 split on wins.

brainchild81
I really don't think it's a matter of underestimating Bats. I know how amazing his mind is. Reed is just more amazing, that's all.

batdude123
Let's just say for a minute that their prep skills are equal, Reed still has super-powers in his malleable body and his incredible endurance.

badabing
Originally posted by brainchild81
I really don't think it's a matter of underestimating Bats. I know how amazing his mind is. Reed is just more amazing, that's all.
This is true, Reed is an expert at planning and analyzing. It's my opinion that they are equally intelligent. I think with prep time that Bats is a tougher opponent to gauge than Reed. Bats would know Reeds abilities and could devise a plan to exploit that to his advantage. That is his MO. Bats is a peak human with a lot of gadgets. I think that makes Bats more of a question mark which is why I think this battle is even.

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
This is true, Reed is an expert at planning and analyzing. It's my opinion that they are equally intelligent. I think with prep time that Bats is a tougher opponent to gauge than Reed. Bats would know Reeds abilities and could devise a plan to exploit that to his advantage. That is his MO. Bats is a peak human with a lot of gadgets. I think that makes Bats more of a question mark which is why I think this battle is even.

Good point, I mean Reed is more of a scientific mind while Batman is more of a deductive reasoning thinker, prep is his main area of expertise. Could really go either way IMO.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Yea And we know Mr. Fantastic is underrated,the opposite for bats.

Most people hate Batman on this forum. "I'm so entertained by the thought of Batman getting his ass whooped by ___" in every thread.

Anyway, I don't know about this one. Batman can use liquid nitrogen capsules like this:

http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=th_07901_bat_liquidnitrogen2.jpg (hey, it worked in the movie..didn't it?)

Here's him talking about JLA's Plastic Man:

http://img41.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=591_batfiles1.jpg

Also, remember the boomtube gauntlet that Batman pulled out of his sci-fi closet? If sometime goes bad, he can just teleport himself and Richards into the sun and melt each other. I wonder if maybe Batman can make Mr.Fantastic absorb something harmful, like something that seeps through Mr.Fantastic's body as he's absorbing the impact of whatever's being thrown at him.

But then I'm not sure because Reed's built a time travel device before right? It all depends on how long it takes him.

badabing
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Most people hate Batman on this forum. "I'm so entertained by the thought of Batman getting his ass whooped by ___" in every thread.

Anyway, I don't know about this one. Batman can use liquid nitrogen capsules like this:

http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=th_07901_bat_liquidnitrogen2.jpg (hey, it worked in the movie..didn't it?)

Here's him talking about JLA's Plastic Man:

http://img41.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=591_batfiles1.jpg

Also, remember the boomtube gauntlet that Batman pulled out of his sci-fi closet? If sometime goes bad, he can just teleport himself and Richards into the sun and melt each other. I wonder if maybe Batman can make Mr.Fantastic absorb something harmful, like something that seeps through Mr.Fantastic's body as he's absorbing the impact of whatever's being thrown at him.

But then I'm not sure because Reed's built a time travel device before right? It all depends on how long it takes him.
Where did you find those Bat files at?

TheKahn
Personally, I don't think the two are anywhere equal in terms of scientific ability. Now I should explain what I mean by this. Both are certainly in the intellectual elites on their respective planets, but what separates them is their chosen fields of study. Batman may have had the potential to rival Reed in the science field if he had devoted his life to that pursuit instead of a crusade against crime.

Reed spends most of his time in a lab while Batman spends his time either on patrol, solving crimes, or physical conditioning. While Batman would attempt to think of a way to counter Mr. Fantastic's abilities (ie freeze capsules, specialized armor and weapons, ect) while Reed would just build a time machine to go back in time and prevent the deaths of Batman's parents or to just freeze Batman in place at the start of the fight.

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
Where did you find those Bat files at?

Yeah, Batman has detailed files on all the JLA member's strengths and weaknesses so that just incase something goes wrong with their minds, he knows how to beat them all.

batdude123
Originally posted by TheKahn
Personally, I don't think the two are anywhere equal in terms of scientific ability. Now I should explain what I mean by this. Both are certainly in the intellectual elites on their respective planets, but what separates them is their chosen fields of study. Batman may have had the potential to rival Reed in the science field if he had devoted his life to that pursuit instead of a crusade against crime.

Reed spends most of his time in a lab while Batman spends his time either on patrol, solving crimes, or physical conditioning. While Batman would attempt to think of a way to counter Mr. Fantastic's abilities (ie freeze capsules, specialized armor and weapons, ect) while Reed would just build a time machine to go back in time and prevent the deaths of Batman's parents or to just freeze Batman in place at the start of the fight.

When was the last time you saw Reed fight somebody like that?

TheKahn
Originally posted by batdude123
When was the last time you saw Reed fight somebody like that?

Last Tuesday

batdude123
Last Tuesday

shifty laughing

batdude123
No but seriously, Kahn. Just because somebody has the ability to do something doesn't mean that they will. Case and point; Batman has the ability to use a sh*t load of all Wayne Enterprise equipment and just drop bombs and stuff on Reed's house but that doesn't mean he'd do it.

TheKahn
No but seriously, Kahn. Just because somebody has the ability to do something doesn't mean that they will. Case and point; Batman has the ability to use a sh*t load of all Wayne Enterprise equipment and just drop bombs and stuff on Reed's house but that doesn't mean he'd do it.

Look at the situation we are putting them in. We are telling them that at the end of the week (or how ever long they have) they will be pitted against an extremely intelligent enemy in a fight to the death. So of course the "normal" way each one would fight gets tossed out of the window pretty damn quick. They don't really need to exploit all of their resources in every fight they are in (although they do when the situation requires it).

But in a fight to the death, I can't see either one pulling any punches or not exploring every possible avenue to victory.

batdude123
Look at the situation we are putting them in. We are telling them that at the end of the week (or how ever long they have) they will be pitted against an extremely intelligent enemy in a fight to the death. So of course the "normal" way each one would fight gets tossed out of the window pretty damn quick. They don't really need to exploit all of their resources in every fight they are in (although they do when the situation requires it).

But in a fight to the death, I can't see either one pulling any punches or not exploring every possible avenue to victory.

Yes, but if they have no knowledge of one another, just that they're "an extremely intellegent enemy," how will Reed know to go back in time and stop the murder of his parents? confused

TheKahn
Yes, but if they have no knowledge of one another, just that they're "an extremely intellegent enemy," how will Reed know to go back in time and stop the murder of his parents? confused

I didn't mean to suggest that as an actual plan of attack as much as I meant it to demonstrate the possible differences in the methods each would use in the fight.

batdude123
Well there's always the motherbox for Batman... shifty

Wynndar
if batman doesnt know reed's powers before hand, he will be at a serious disadvantage.

batdude123
^ Same with Reed. But if you think about it, if he does know Reed's powers before hand, then I think he would beat him because he has detailed files on how to beat Plastic Man. Plastic Man and Reed basically have the same power, so you do math. big grin

Wynndar
Yea but Reed's harder to bea than PLastic man...do u think Plastic man would survive years of fighting Dr Doom? Batman doesnt have powers...so I dont know what u mean when u say its the same with him.

Anyway, the Darkraider is one of the best examples of what a ruthless Reed Richards would be like, he basically travelled through the multiverse killing Mr Fantastics of the other dimensions...he easily beat the F4 on each occasion but was eventually killed by the 616 Watcher Uatu because he knew it was the only way to stop him, he wasnt even nearly as smart as 616 Reed by the way.

batdude123
Well, we really don't know Batman's TRUE smart abilities or what he could build because he basically already has everything he needs. He's never been put into a situation that he couldn't handle with what he has. Now, Reed's main area of expertise is the scientific field, Batman's main area of expertise is deductive reasoning thinking, so naturally prep is his specialty. Especially since he basically has an unlimited amount of resources via the Batcave and Wayne enterprises. This is a close battle and it could really go either way.

Metalmanx
Wait...people are voting for Batman?

This is Reed Richards we're talking about, right? With prep?

Batman bites it hard, my friends.

batdude123
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Wait...people are voting for Batman?

This is Reed Richards we're talking about, right? With prep?

Batman bites it hard, my friends.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Metalmanx
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ah...batdude. I don't believe we've been formally introduced just yet. You must've joined during my little hiatus.

batdude123
Ah...batdude. I don't believe we've been formally introduced just yet. You must've joined during my little hiatus.

Yeah, I joined March 10.

Metalmanx
Yeah, I joined March 10.

Well, welcome. I hope we can debate like civil folk during your stay.

batdude123
Well, welcome. I hope we can debate like civil folk during your stay.

Yes, please, let's. But right now I gotta go. Conan O'Brien is on. big grin

brainchild81
Well, we really don't know Batman's TRUE smart abilities or what he could build because he basically already has everything he needs. He's never been put into a situation that he couldn't handle with what he has. Now, Reed's main area of expertise is the scientific field, Batman's main area of expertise is deductive reasoning thinking, so naturally prep is his specialty. Especially since he basically has an unlimited amount of resources via the Batcave and Wayne enterprises. This is a close battle and it could really go either way. I really don't think it's that close. Reed IS smarter than Batman and he's a better inventor and his prep will be better. Reed's outsmarted Dr. Doom before people. Bats is more entertaining, but he's not on Reed or Doom's level as far as brainpower.

batdude123
^ In a scientific way, but not in a deductive way cause even though Reed is a freakin' genius, sometimes he lacks common sense.

batdude123
But I do think in the end Reed would win. I have a comic book where Magneto is taking over the world and Reed creates this device where he trapped Magneto with it and the more Magneto used his magnetic powers, the stronger the shield in which he was contained became stronger. Freakin' brilliant.

batdude123
Batman is a master detective, probably the best in the world with an IQ of over 200 and with great knowledge in key fields of interest such as ballistics, criminal pshycology, chemistry, toxicology and various forensic sciences. Batman is fluent in half a dozen languages and has studied many more. While having great concentrations of knowledge in areas important to Batman's existance he also has a wide field of general knowledge.

This is from Batman's biography, just so ya guys know.

Wynndar
Yea but I think ur diminishing or unknowledgable of Reed's brilliance. Batman is a great detective and even decent inventor. But Reed is a master at anything intellectual, restricting him to a detective or inventor or scientist is a short sight.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by willRules
Which one is it?? confused

Both...Gotham IS New Jersey.

MuffinmanMike
As close to indestructible as almost anyone can be without having utterly rediculous power levels:

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/5754/mrfantasticnamorfight10sw5ho.jpg
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/1690/mrfantasticnamorfight23tt1uo.jpg

Mr.Fantastic just beat the crap out of Namor.

Holy crap. Batman better hope no one sees this fight.

Wynndar
nice

jrodslam
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
Mr.Fantastic just beat the crap out of Namor.

Holy crap. Batman better hope no one sees this fight.

Dont let that one pic fool you. It can be misleading.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4082/namorvsreed25qp.th.jpg

bean_machine
Well there's always the motherbox for Batman... shifty

Then Reed pulls the ultimate nullifier out of his ass. eek!

Oh wait Reed will get destroyed too. sad

Hmmm, I'll count that as a win for Reed. wink

LOL

batdude123
^ Count that as a win and a loss. wink

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by jrodslam
Dont let that one pic fool you. It can be misleading.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4082/namorvsreed25qp.th.jpg

Man he can get anally violated by the freaking New Warriors now. The man beat the crap out of Namor without getting his ass kicked on one part of the panel. Win or lose, the mans a badass. Besides, it shows that if you piss Reed off, he WILL beat your ass.

lifeisaglich
But batman takes out the boom tube and teleports to another dimension
So who just killed himself?smile

batdude123
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
But batman takes out the boom tube and teleports to another dimension
So who just killed himself?smile

The motherbox can also be used to teleport through time and to different dimensions. wink

Wynndar
wow thats impressive...I love how DC fans use the motherbox as a end all to every conflict. Having a motherbox doesnt make him anywhere near as intelligent or effective as Reed. Reed might as well figure a way to negate the device on the spot. When Richards needs to solve a problem he does ridiculously fast and efficiently. When Terminus first landed on Earth Reed figured out a way to plung him into the center of the Earth with a few spare parts of the Fantasticar in two or three pages!!! Terminus almost beat the JLA by himself! When an army of evil THINGS started growing out of Ben Grimm's skin and threatened to destroy civilization, Reed temporarily teleported them to an abonded Shi'ar planet then got on a interdimensional virtual forum with thousands of Reed Richards in the multiverse...some of them were even connected to hive intelligences like Quasimodo, Manticora, and the Supreme intelligence, and then he solved the problem. Batman's a bad ass but he isnt on the same level as Reed.

batdude123
I never once said he was, but whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Yo Wynndar, I read on your biography that your from Indianapolis, IN. I go to Carmel Highschool.

Murda Mase
Originally posted by Wynndar
wow thats impressive...I love how DC fans use the motherbox as a end all to every conflict. Having a motherbox doesnt make him anywhere near as intelligent or effective as Reed. Reed might as well figure a way to negate the device on the spot. When Richards needs to solve a problem he does ridiculously fast and efficiently. When Terminus first landed on Earth Reed figured out a way to plung him into the center of the Earth with a few spare parts of the Fantasticar in two or three pages!!! Terminus almost beat the JLA by himself! When an army of evil THINGS started growing out of Ben Grimm's skin and threatened to destroy civilization, Reed temporarily teleported them to an abonded Shi'ar planet then got on a interdimensional virtual forum with thousands of Reed Richards in the multiverse...some of them were even connected to hive intelligences like Quasimodo, Manticora, and the Supreme intelligence, and then he solved the problem. Batman's a bad ass but he isnt on the same level as Reed.

But then the only thing Reed could figure out to get rid of the Hulk was shoot him up into outer space.

DarkCrawler
Let's see. Reed is Batman's superior in mind and body. This guy has devised plans against galactic threats in matter of hours, if not minutes. How can Batman hope to beat someone who can completely control his body and mind?

I REALLY need to make Mr. Fantastic Respect Thread.

inamilist
alright...

this is how i see it

Prep:

Mr Fantastic knows the basics about Bats, does a little bit of research, then locks himself in a lab and comes up with some new form of quantum de-materializer that will make all the strings in the sub quantum structure of batmans body unravel and remove batman from the universe permenantly. Agreed: Batman could never even understand the physics behind this device, let alone create something of its calliber

Batman however is a detective. He has information networds and even satelites to monitor superhuman activity. He would study the hell out of Mr. Fantastic, and the first things he would realize? HE IS COMPLEATLY OUTCLASSED, both technically and physically. So, he would probably learn very quickly that Reed ALWAYS makes amazing scientific inventions to defeat opponents, and would therefore attempt to counter this strategy. This is Batman's strategitic int vs Reeds scientific int.

So, to be honest, I think its a 50/50 split. Batman could come up with soem type of BFR or Containment device (seeing as he would know not to try and fight directly with reed or his inventions) but reed will also have his quantum scrambler

think of it as one of those "quickest draws in the west" kinda deals smile

batdude123
^ Basically.

WrathfulDwarf
Both are incredible smart. However, both are experts in their proper fields. Mr Fantastic is an inventor scientist. Batman is a Forensice scientist. Reed maybe be good with discovering a new formula and stuff. But Batman would pwned Reed in a Criminal Forensic case.

As for fighting abilities....Batman has taken on ClayFace and has defeated him over and over again. Clayface can shift his body and can manipulate it anyway he wants. That's practically how Reed Richards fights. Shaping his body to create a weapon...big deal...Batman would win. Not easy fight....thought..

badabing
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Both are incredible smart. However, both are experts in their proper fields. Mr Fantastic is an inventor scientist. Batman is a Forensice scientist. Reed maybe be good with discovering a new formula and stuff. But Batman would pwned Reed in a Criminal Forensic case.

As for fighting abilities....Batman has taken on ClayFace and has defeated him over and over again. Clayface can shift his body and can manipulate it anyway he wants. That's practically how Reed Richards fights. Shaping his body to create a weapon...big deal...Batman would win. Not easy fight....thought..
Nice point WD. I almost forgot about old Clayface. yes

Grimm22
Originally posted by Hulk_Power

And I say you dont know what the hell your talking about wink

bigbran
is hulk power, hulk=strength?

Grimm22
Originally posted by inamilist
alright...

this is how i see it

Prep:

Mr Fantastic knows the basics about Bats, does a little bit of research, then locks himself in a lab and comes up with some new form of quantum de-materializer that will make all the strings in the sub quantum structure of batmans body unravel and remove batman from the universe permenantly. Agreed: Batman could never even understand the physics behind this device, let alone create something of its calliber

Batman however is a detective. He has information networds and even satelites to monitor superhuman activity. He would study the hell out of Mr. Fantastic, and the first things he would realize? HE IS COMPLEATLY OUTCLASSED, both technically and physically. So, he would probably learn very quickly that Reed ALWAYS makes amazing scientific inventions to defeat opponents, and would therefore attempt to counter this strategy. This is Batman's strategitic int vs Reeds scientific int.

So, to be honest, I think its a 50/50 split. Batman could come up with soem type of BFR or Containment device (seeing as he would know not to try and fight directly with reed or his inventions) but reed will also have his quantum scrambler

think of it as one of those "quickest draws in the west" kinda deals smile

Bullcrap, with prep Reed just goes and gets one of the many badass weapons he has made for much more powerful foes and just blasts Batman's ass to istambull and back wink

Oh and there is no proof that Batman even has a freakin motherbox either big grin

lifeisaglich
Well, then batman's ability to roll with class ten punches and beyound has greatly, greatly improved. I will take this how about you? smile

MrHeavySilence
Well, then batman's ability to roll with class ten punches and beyound has greatly, greatly improved. I will take this how about you? smile

LOL

Templares
Mr. Fantastic. Smarter, better prep master with better physical stats.

Grimm22

Sorry but the entire fought of a crazy rich guy who fights crime with one of the most powerful weapons in the universe dosent sound right to me stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

As for fighting abilities....Batman has taken on ClayFace and has defeated him over and over again. Clayface can shift his body and can manipulate it anyway he wants. That's practically how Reed Richards fights. Shaping his body to create a weapon...big deal...Batman would win. Not easy fight....thought.. Nah, he wouldn't. Reed is better and smarter then Clayface.

Better and smarter then Batman too...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.