Predictability - Comfort or Fear?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I'm hoping this is the section where what I am trying to understand will be appreciated most.

As of late, I've been realizing how formulaic my life outside of the house has become, almost routine. The scary part is, I am so "regular" at some establishments, they literally know me by name

Cash n Pawn, I know the clerk's (Josh) name. Pawn America, they ALL know my name. The regular waitress at Baker's Square? Knows exactly what soda I get, AND that it's without ice. Movie theatre? I walked in, Gini knew exactly what I was there to see..again.

My question is, is what I do normal? Is the fact I am so well known normal? Is my predictability a byproduct of comfort, laziness to explore other places, or some weird inner fear? Should I switch things up a little?

BackFire
If a place works, keep going there.

I think it's good they know you by name, makes getting what you need done even easier.

debbiejo
I thinks it great!! It's great when everyone knows your name...just like Cheers....That's why people move to small towns and go to small churches...etc...Though you could also put a little spice in your life by also adding adventure....But I think you're lucky....Unless you start getting bored.

LLG
I think it's normal. My parents shop at a store almost everyday, and almost everyone who works there knows their names. My parents also know their names. We've been shopping there since it first opened.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by debbiejo
I thinks it great!! It's great when everyone knows your name...just like Cheers....

Just like Cheers.. cool laughing

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BackFire
If a place works, keep going there.

I think it's good they know you by name, makes getting what you need done even easier.

Exactly. Many people wish they had places to go where everyone knows their name. I wouldnt say what you do is predictable, just routine or maybe even habit. dont knock a good thing. If you want un-predictability wait a while. Life wil throw you curve balls which will force you to change things up (as i'm sure you already know). So enjoy a good thing while you can. As long as you try new things every once in a while, what is wrong with sticking to what works for you? Just because you do the same thing every day doesnt mean you cant have new experiences doing it. I would say from my experiences, the only thing wrong from a regular routine is that after you become to habitual you may not be prepared for when change does happen.

Freaky Zeeky
Comfort.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.