Grievous can use the Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
I just watched the Clone Wars cartoon. In Chapter 20 he force pushed Shaak Ti and in the start of Chapter 24 he does it again to Palpatine in his office.

DeVi| D0do
No.

Could you not have asked this in one of the other hundred Greivous threads we have?

Ken Kenobi
Bullshit.

Lana
Grevious cannot use the Force....how many times must this be said....

Ast Rofan
I can use the force. Watch this....

beer

See, it just came to me.

DeVi| D0do
Happy Dance

JKozzy
I used the force last night... on your mom! Happy Dance raver

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by JKozzy
I used the force last night... on your mom! Happy Dance raver

That may have been fun for her, but did it do anything for you? stick out tongue

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
That may have been fun for her, but did it do anything for you? stick out tongue Nah, It didn't do anything for her either....

matreid
Grevious cannot use the force at all. He's about the least force sensitive character behind Jar Jar.

Yuxa
Originally posted by Lana
Grevious cannot use the Force....how many times must this be said....

yes he can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if he can master the skill to wield a lightsaber then he can also master the force. he just needs to be trained in the ways of sith!@

DeVi| D0do
No he cannot! He was useless with those sabers! Have you even seen the film?

confused

BAILY
If Grievous is Force Sensative, then I guess I am too!!! (Force pushes the door closed) See?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Yuxa
yes he can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if he can master the skill to wield a lightsaber then he can also master the force. he just needs to be trained in the ways of sith!@

Open your eyes next time you watch the film.

He could only weild the lightsabers because he has the reflexes of a highly sophisticated droid. Even then he got his ass beat down by a man with one saber.

He doesn't have the Force, at least not strong enough to be considered Force Sensitive.

matreid
It was his robotic arms doing all the combat for him, not his force sensitivity (which he has none of!) smile

Yuxa
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Open your eyes next time you watch the film.

He could only weild the lightsabers because he has the reflexes of a highly sophisticated droid. Even then he got his ass beat down by a man with one saber.

He doesn't have the Force, at least not strong enough to be considered Force Sensitive.

shut up! dont tell me to open my eyes! maybe if you open your brain you will see that Grievous CAN master the force. Of course he was goin to lose to Obie HE IS A JEDI WITH FULL TRAINING!

Ast Rofan
You cant just become force sensitive because you want to, you must be born that way. Grevious wasnt born that way, or else he would have become a jedi.

Ken Kenobi
shut up! dont tell me to open my eyes! maybe if you open your brain you will see that Grievous CAN master the force. Of course he was goin to lose to Obie HE IS A JEDI WITH FULL TRAINING!

No need to get hostile.

Here is your first official warning for telling a member off like you did. Not to mention I am a moderator. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Where is your proof he can master the Force?

Yuxa
you start it! i wasnt botherin you.

Ast Rofan
Is that a request?

DeVi| D0do
Anyone else really wishing they were dead right now?

Ken Kenobi
you start it! i wasnt botherin you.

I was debating. You don't have any proof that Grievous can use the Force.

Prove it, and I will kiss your dirty boots.

Yuxa
here is enough proof Originally posted by king_arthur
In Chapter 20 he force pushed Shaak Ti and in the start of Chapter 24 he does it again to Palpatine in his office.

Ken Kenobi
here is enough proof

HA! That is laughable.

He didn't Force Push anybody.

Yuxa
yes he did OPEN YOUR EYES. See i turned the tables on you.

Mist
i like poptarts early in the morning smile

Ken Kenobi

I've seen the Clone Wars cartoon, he didn't Force Push.

Send me a clip of said scenes, and I will prove to you that you are false.

DeVi| D0do
How many times have I killed myself since May?

Do you think it would be feasible for me to shoot myself in the head again?

Mist

no expression

someone just ban this guy now.....

its. a. cartoon. where in the MOVIE did grievous use the force? he didnt.no expression

i can swing lightsabers too, that doesnt make me force sensitive.

Ast Rofan
Tables? Are we having dinner?

I have always wanted to sit down and get to know some of the people here.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

You do and I am going for your wallet again. stick out tongue

Next Venom_girl
I thought Grevious said some corny line in the movie about Dooku training him in the Jedi ways. o_0

Mist

im not sureconfused but i could do it for youeek!

Yuxa
poof

DeVi| D0do
*burns wallet*

*shoots self in head*

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
I thought Grevious said some corny line about Dooku training him in the Jedi ways. o_0

Dont encourage this wack job. stick out tongue

Mist
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
I thought Grevious said some corny line in the movie about Dooku training him in the Jedi ways. o_0

...of lightsaber combat.

Yuxa
Originally posted by Mist
no expression

someone just ban this guy now.....

its. a. cartoon. where in the MOVIE did grievous use the force? he didnt.no expression

i can swing lightsabers too, that doesnt make me force sensitive.

is not in the movie. we are talkin about the clone wars. look a the picture i posted

Ast Rofan
poof

Dude, what do you see?

Mist
poof

proof that grievous can jump?blink

Ast Rofan
*burns wallet*

*shoots self in head*

Oh, you are pure evil. mad

Yuxa

THATS FORCE JUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAY ATTENTION mad

DeVi| D0do
Oh, you are pure evil. mad
devil

Ast Rofan

THATS A CARTOON JUMP!!!!!!!!!! PAY ATTENTION mad

Mist
poof

now now, just because its unlikely grievous's genital organs were saved and he might be confused about his sexuality, doesnt give reason for harrassing name calling.....

Yuxa
now now, just because its unlikely grievous's genital organs were saved and he might be confused about his sexuality, doesnt give reason for harrassing name calling.....

I gave you the proof and you mock my spelling. how sad. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ast Rofan
I gave you the proof and you mock my spelling. how sad. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You gave us bullshit, and try to use it, how sad. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mist
and i gave you an answer without mocking you:

Ken Kenobi
poof

How is this proof?

Darth Halo
You do and I am going for your wallet again. stick out tongue

Damn I had dibs on his wallet this time

Ast Rofan
Wow, that word manipulatio stuff I did for GSG is coming in handy. Happy Dance

Mist
there is no concrete evidence to backup your claims....grievous isnt force sensitive. end of story.

Ken Kenobi

Umm...no, he is part droid...he has pistons and hydraulics in his legs that enable him to jump higher than normal.

"Oh no, Grievous can also hang from ceilings! That means he IS a vampire bat!"

Mist
hey, i have a picnic bar! eek! i forgot about that! score one for me smokin'

Ast Rofan
This has been a great couple days for arguing points that were never in question.

Ken Kenobi
This has been a great couple days for arguing points that were never in question.

I wish these poser fans would leave us alone.

Mist
Umm...no, he is part droid...he has pistons and hydraulics in his legs that enable him to jump higher than normal.

"Oh no, Grievous can also hang from ceilings! That means he IS a vampire bat!"

wait...your saying hes not a vampire bat? blink dang....

grievous has yellow eyes smile

matreid
Anyone else really wishing they were dead right now?

yes

Ast Rofan

Thsi dude is just flat out crazy. wacko

He thinks the Batman vs. Sith poll was rigged by mods.

newjak86
Is he gone yet. stick out tongue

Yuxa

i agree there are not enough real star wars fans here. excluding you!

Ken Kenobi
wait...your saying hes not a vampire bat? blink dang....

grievous has yellow eyes smile

Yellow eyes you say?! He MUST be a Sith then! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ast Rofan
Yellow eyes you say?! He MUST be a Sith then! roll eyes (sarcastic)

And if he is Sith, he can use the force. Damn, you mean he is right?

Darth Halo
poof

I guess since droids can now use the force so can I check out my force fart. POOF

Mist
there used to be real fans here...until people like you scared them away....

Ken Kenobi
And if he is Sith, he can use the force. Damn, you mean he is right?

He's probably messing his pants right now because "his point has been proven" Grievous' eyes make him a Sith. laughing

Mist
no, grievous has yellow eyes, making him half sith smile

Darth Halo

there is a difference between fan and pyscopath and thise lines have been blurred buddy

Ken Kenobi
no, grievous has yellow eyes, making him half sith smile

Not to a poser fan. They see yellow, then it MUST be a Sith because to them all Sith have yellow eyes. Forget about the red in the eyes, it's just yellow to a poser.stick out tongue

Darth Halo
those, my bad

matreid
no, grievous has yellow eyes, making him half sith smile laughing out loud

Darth Halo
hey Ken Kenobi did you check out my thread HI my name is... I fixed the link on it. You might get a good laugh I think you need it right now cause you got a posergraine headache

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Darth Halo
hey Ken Kenobi did you check out my thread HI my name is... I fixed the link on it. You might get a good laugh I think you need it right now cause you got a posergraine headache

Nah, I haven't checked it yet.

I think I've heard that one though.

"Hi, my name is who?. Hi, my name is, what? Hi, my name is...Darth Vader."

Mist
really?

Ogami Itto
This thread has really cheered me up!!!!!Thanks Yuxa

poof laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
This thread has really cheered me up!!!!!Thanks Yuxa

poof laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

laughing poof

Mist
laughing out loud poof laughing

Mist
wait i got one: noob laughing

matreid
I love the word poof!

Poof! laughing laughing out loud

Ast Rofan
Hey do yall remember that one time, when that guy was crazy, and then he said "poof"? Ah good times...

Sorry, I dont know why I did that.

Ken Kenobi
closedminds

Mist
you remember back when that guy, yeah you know the guy, and he did that thing? that was funny...

Ken Kenobi
you remember back when that guy, yeah you know the guy, and he did that thing? that was funny...

Yeah yeah yeah...wasn't it...umm...

POOF!!!!

Mist
laughing out loud

Ast Rofan
I couldnt resist, I hadnt made one in a long time. GSG baby!!!

http://img145.echo.cx/img145/2883/poof8eh.jpg

Mist
laughing

Ken Kenobi

That's gold.

DeVi| D0do
My spidey sense was tingling... now, does that mean I just have to go to the bathroom, or is there an old fashioned smugglers hijacking goin on?!?

Happy Dance

matreid

eek! !!!!!

reaper724
grievous cant use the force because he is a droid.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by reaper724
clap

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by reaper724

See? How hard is that?

Mist
grievous cant use the force because he is dead.

DeVi| D0do
grievous cant use the force because he is dead.
clap

LightSaber_Part
his a droid. thats that

Mist
he lacks man-parts downstairs.

newjak86
The force is not strong with this one.

((The_Anomaly))
honestly....

this thread creator is SOOO dumb it makes me laugh, the claims are sooo bad that it made me laugh. and when he used that pic of GG jumping, ohh man...priceless..

He cant use the force. hes a droid (mostly)

you DO NOT need force sensitivity to wield lightsabers. you can become pretty good at saber combat, but without force sensitivity u will always lack "jedi reflexes" and thus would not be as fast as a force user with a saber nor could you deflect laser bolts.

Ogami Itto
youpi

DarkYoda
I hate to break everyone's hearts here, but I do seem to remember something that might throw some fire on this debate...

I do agree that according to the movie, Grievous did not appear to have force powers.

If you include EU though, there is a comic that hints at the possibility of Grievous having a connection to the force. It was the comic that explained General Grievous' origins.

In the comic, Grievous received a blood transfusion from Jedi Master Sifo Dias. It is implied that the blood somehow transfers some slight force ability to the General.

But EU commonly contradicts the movies, so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

As far as the cartoons are concerned, Mace Windu could fly through the air like superman, so Grievous having the ability to jump does not make him force sensitive.

Here is a pic from the comic I mentioned:

http://img295.echo.cx/img295/9335/08visionnairiesgg88oz9lg.jpg

Mist
i should take a pic of me lying in the same position as sifo....he looks like me stick out tongue

Jack Daniels
so grievious got blood from syfo? that means Grievious got a high concentration of midichlorians.......Im confused Grievious has the force with him...lol....hmmm time to goto queeqs and get a drink!! rock

DarkYoda
It's EU...

And that does not mean he has force powers.

He did NOT use the force in the movie, so I personally believe he does not have force powers.

But it leaves open the possibility that he has a "connection" with the force.

I am guessing, given the small amount of m-word that he received, the only side-effect might be quicker reflexes, or the ability to tap into the darkside for some added strength or something.

General Zodiac
For the record I believe Grievous couldn't fight Obi-Wan at his fullest since Mace crushed his torso at the end of chapter 25. Just saying.

DarkYoda
Perhaps Grievous would have given Obi-Wan a better fight, but Obi-Wan still wins!!

General Zodiac
Yeah he had too or Obi wouldn't be in episode 4. You knew Grievous would die first time you saw him.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by DarkYoda
I hate to break everyone's hearts here, but I do seem to remember something that might throw some fire on this debate...

I do agree that according to the movie, Grievous did not appear to have force powers.

If you include EU though, there is a comic that hints at the possibility of Grievous having a connection to the force. It was the comic that explained General Grievous' origins.

In the comic, Grievous received a blood transfusion from Jedi Master Sifo Dias. It is implied that the blood somehow transfers some slight force ability to the General.

But EU commonly contradicts the movies, so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

As far as the cartoons are concerned, Mace Windu could fly through the air like superman, so Grievous having the ability to jump does not make him force sensitive.

Here is a pic from the comic I mentioned:

It is Expanded Universe, so it is non-canon. Even if he used the Force in the Clone Wars cartoon, it's non-canon. In a movie forum you can not go by what books and comics say, you go strictly by the movies.

DarkYoda
It is Expanded Universe, so it is non-canon. Even if he used the Force in the Clone Wars cartoon, it's non-canon. In a movie forum you can not go by what books and comics say, you go strictly by the movies.

Agree 100%

Just mentioning the fact that there is "some" basis for conversation on the subject. stick out tongue

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Agree 100%

Just mentioning the fact that there is "some" basis for conversation on the subject. stick out tongue

I think that whole Sifo-Dias blood transfusion was some bullshit anyways. Not plausible in the Star Wars universe, at least I don't think.

DarkYoda
I don't know...

What I think was bullsh*t is mitichoriens in everyone's blood making them have force powers. DAMN you Lucas!!! stick out tongue

LordSorgo
I accomplished something when i saw that picture of Grievous jumping on Mundi....

I finally shit my pants and barfed at the same time.

Just because Grievous can jump doesn't make him FORCE SENSITIVE!

I have seen every single Clone Wars Cartoon and he pushes NOBODY! You are a solid Liar!

And i believe he Force Pushes no one in the movie, so there is the winning card.

Wickerman
Originally posted by LordSorgo
I accomplished something when i saw that picture of Grievous jumping on Mundi....

I finally shit my pants and barfed at the same time.

Just because Grievous can jump doesn't make him FORCE SENSITIVE!

I have seen every single Clone Wars Cartoon and he pushes NOBODY! You are a solid Liar!

And i believe he Force Pushes no one in the movie, so there is the winning card.

I don't care if you take EU into consideration or not (referring to Ken, Ast, and others), but i've ALSO watched ALL the freekin episodes over and over again (have them right now, even sent two of them to Bardock42 via yousendit so he could watch them). GRIEVOUS DOES NOT USE FORCE POWERS in those series. When he's in palpatine's office, he reaches his hand out towards palps to grab him and run, and Shaak Ti force PULLS Palpatine from Grievous's grasp.....Jesus.....get a new pair of eyes buddy.....

~wickerman~

grey fox
Originally posted by king_arthur
I just watched the Clone Wars cartoon. In Chapter 20 he force pushed Shaak Ti and in the start of Chapter 24 he does it again to Palpatine in his office.

When i first saw that I also wondered what the hell happened to Shakk T, i but i have a theory that ether she force pushed HERSELF backwards as to dodge the various light-sabers that were closing in on her , why wouldn't she just dodge you may ask because Grievous was a very wily opponent with the whole double-jointed-because-i'm-part -droid-thing she may have thought that Grievous would simply hit her with another ligthsaber after all at that point he had five or six and had just killed three Jedi

Ether that or possibly Ki-adi-mundi force pushed her because he knew that she wouldn't be able to dodge those ligthsabers .

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Wickerman
GRIEVOUS DOES NOT USE FORCE POWERS in those series.
~wickerman~ \

I'd like to thank you for re-proving my point.

Wickerman
Originally posted by LordSorgo
\

I'd like to thank you for re-proving my point.

I was actually seconding it, and setting the facts straight about the palpatine thing.

~wickerman~

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Wickerman
I was actually seconding it, and setting the facts straight about the palpatine thing.

~wickerman~

That's great, but you still re-proved it. So it actually never changed form.

Neo_Version 7
Alright guys, please don't bash me.

But doesn't Darth Vader have mechanical limbs? How is it that he can use the Force with his robot (droid???) arms and Greevs could not (that is if he DOES have force powers).

Just a thought.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Alright guys, please don't bash me.

But doesn't Darth Vader have mechanical limbs? How is it that he can use the Force with his robot (droid???) arms and Greevs could not (that is if he DOES have force powers).

Just a thought.

I am forced to bash you....

GRIEVOUS WAS NEVER A JEDI! HE WAS ONLY TAUGHT TO WIELD SABERS!

mad mad mad mad mad

Robin Darkside
Gervious knows very little on the jedi ways, all he knows is how to weild lightsabers.
The only reason why he killed Jedi is because he has a great advantage of using his many arms and mechanical body. The Jedi he killed probably sucked too

grey fox
so then as he nearly killed ki-adi-mundi does he suck hmmmmmmmmmmm

Robin Darkside
probably, but he didn't kill him though, I'm assuming

Neo_Version 7
So, when Greevs said "Jedi Arts" it was only limited to lightsaber skills?

Ken Kenobi
So, when Greevs said "Jedi Arts" it was only limited to lightsaber skills?

Yes...100%

Neo_Version 7
Lance, please don't go bananas. I'm just wondering...

Which part in the film mentions that "Jedi Arts" is 100% lightsaber skills?

Ken Kenobi
Lance, please don't go bananas. I'm just wondering...

Which part in the film mentions that "Jedi Arts" is 100% lightsaber skills?

It doesn't say in the film. But it is only lightsaber training. There are books which discuss this, but at the moment I am too tired to think of the titles.

Or maybe they were comics. I forget.

Neo_Version 7
By "books" do you mean EU?

Ken Kenobi
By "books" do you mean EU?

Yes stick out tongue

I know it's non-canon, but this whole conversation is already moot. He never used the Force in the movie, so therefore he is not a Force user.

cad
he cant use the force he ain't a Jedi or a sith lord, he is just a commander of the droid army.

Robin Darkside
Dooku told him how to weild a lightsaber or multiple lightsabers, thats all

Darth_Duffy
Ive read the first post and am not even gonna bother reading the remainder of the thread,

Grievous cannot use the force, end of story..

Robin Darkside
weilding a lightsaber and using it must use some of the force in it

Darth_Duffy
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
weilding a lightsaber and using it must use some of the force in it

urm yeah...the force or...good swordsmanship

Robin Darkside
then if using lightsabers requires some of the force, then Grivious can use the force

Darth_Duffy
why would using a lightsabre need the force?

yes grievous was trained in the 'jedi arts' but id interpret that as the art of saber fighting not force use

Robin Darkside
yeah maybe. But, Luke used his Lightsaber in EP IV against the remote, and Obiwan was training him to use the force "Feel, dont think". Then with Han saying it was all luck.
So, dooku must have taught Grievious something about feeling when using a light saber (Force = feeling)

Darth_Duffy
ah, but i dont think grievous was 'feeling' when he was in battle.
His fighting technique was much more aggressive than the more smooth and sublte jedi approach.

Robin Darkside
hmm, then dooku told him shit, I guess the force isn't with Grevious. What would Dooku teach him then, all he must of said to Grevious then is, "This is a lightsaber, you hold it like this, you turn it on, heres some moves".
What else can Dooku tell him then?

Darth_Duffy
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
hmm, then dooku told him shit, I guess the force isn't with Grevious. What would Dooku teach him then, all he must of said to Grevious then is, "This is a lightsaber, you hold it like this, you turn it on, heres some moves".
What else can Dooku tell him then?

Dooku most likely taught him simply how to fight, and also how the jedi fight, giving him a distinct advantage when going into battle with actual jedi.

dflood
ok grevious does not push force palps ,it is shaak ti that force pulls palps towards her to protect palps from grevious

done and done

thread closed smile smile

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Darth_Duffy
Dooku most likely taught him simply how to fight, and also how the jedi fight, giving him a distinct advantage when going into battle with actual jedi.

maybe dooku taught him the weaknesses of the jedi

Neo_Version 7
Regardless, Greevs couldn't defeat Obi-Wan.

I don't know. I guess I just interpret "Jedi Arts" as most everything dealing with the Jedi (including the Force).

I just find it weird because if it were like that, anyone could use a lightsaber and learn bad-ass moves. stick out tongue

Jack Daniels
I wikipediaed this and guess what it plainly says GG is COMPLETELY incapable of using the force...unless GL says different wikipedia is right next best thing to LUCAS since they only post fact....here is the web address http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Grievous

Neo_Version 7
I'm interested in who exactly wrote that article.

Neo_Version 7
It's pretty interesting. Lots of nice trivia. stick out tongue

Neo_Version 7
By the way, could you BE any more canon?

Jack Daniels
gee didnt mean to bring about the end of this thread evil face laughing Happy Dance

Neo_Version 7
Yeah? Well, not really....

Neo_Version 7
What you posted was canon info.

Jack Daniels
dude wikipedia would not post something that goes against the movie...wikipedia is an encyclopedia...its all official... movie EU all of it....I mean like I said unless GL says different (which they would immedieatly change that upon notification of his statement) wikipedia is FACT...what more do you need...really right before I posted that I was going to defend the part of Grievous having force power due to the blood transfusion...but I checked before I posted(hadnt been drinking yet so I did the sober thing and checked first...lol) but thats it end of story or as the MCP of tron would say...end of line...hehe

Neo_Version 7
In a movie forum you can not go by what books and comics say, you go strictly by the movies.

Straight from a moderator.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>