What books did you read in school?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

andylc716
Name the books you read in school! Boring, Good, hard to read tell it allllllllll

PINBALL
Other than text books NONE

Dizzle
Of Mice and Men, All Quiet on the Western Front, Inherit the Wind, the Odyssey, a whole lot of Shakespeare, Ordinary People...

Clovie
i don't remember.
a WHOLE LOTTA OF THEM

JohnnyBloom
Death of a Salesman - Arthur Miller

sorry to anyone who's read this and liked it but i HATED IT!!! i only did the exam for it a couple of years ago, but my friends uncle studied the same book about thirty years ago for his english exam - i mean, can't these exam boards think up some newer books for us to read???

Zatch_Bell
Nothing.

PloKoon Forever
I read Ender's Game!!!! eek! Happy Dance eek!

Coldfire
Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, bunch of short stories, The Cay, some one about a butte (pronounced beaut), and some other ones I can't remember

CorderaMitchell
The redwall series, AWESOME!!!
I still read them four or five times over...

Littleangel
I read so many that this forum will not hold them.
Three Musceteers by Duma was the first one. I was 7 or 8 at the time. I adored it.
Reading was my favorite.

Lord-of-Dreams
Catcher in the Rye was sweet. So was the Welkin Weasel set. By Gary Kilworth. I, unfortunately, read the Harry Potters. Good ideas, bad writing.

Imperial_Samura
Only counting the ones I read as part of the course - King Lear, Hamlet, Taming of the Shrew, The Real Inspector Hound, My Place, Snow falling on Cedars, the Colour Purple... some others.

On my own - A lot, I often was borrowing books of teachers and so forth.

Wickerman
Lesse.......i'm just gonna put international literature here and ignore the rest "Oscar Wilde - De Profundis" , "Shakespeare - Macbeth, Hamlet, King Lear, Midsummer night's dream, err..and a few more", "Anna Karenina" , "Red and Black" , "Catcher in the Rye" , man........so many i can't even remember most..... "Dostoievski - The Idiot"....nah..too many to list sad

~wickerman~

Movie_Geek_
I'm still in school so here was this years list...
the Odyssey, a whole lot of Shakespeare, The Illustrated Man, The Scarlet Obis, A lot of Edger Allen Poe, West Side Story, Animal Farm I HATE THAT BOOK!, The Hunted, and a few others I can not remember. I love to read, I have hundreds of books in my room but is there a rule that says all the books we read in school have to be old and boring!?

Julie
Genome...interesting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.