Kyle Rayner vs Nate Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
They have practically the exact same personality and everything else.

Kyle Rayner - Green Lantern (Current)

VS

Nate Grey - X-Man (Current)

So who would win this?

(Neither get prep.)

Dizzle
Nate.
Hal, maybe. Kyle, no.

jrodslam
I think Kyle has a slight chance. They would go back and forth for a while, but anyone could win. I dont know the full extent of X-Man's powers but isnt it just telekenetics, psychokinesis, and manipulation of all forms of matter and energy?

All that wont work much against a GL, but theres not much Kyle could do to him however. I say stalemate. Unless anyone could prove otherwise.

armandovalles
I think Kyle wins. I think Nate is extremely overrated, and he has never proven the hype that he is supposedly the stronggest mutant to ever live. (thats in Xavier's own words)

Sentry
Couldn't Nate just mess with his mind? Mindrape him? Can't he become intangible as well? I think Nate takes this. Nate is overrated, but he takes this.

jrodslam
Gl's have a high resistance to mind attacks. They also have cosmic awareness, allowing to precieve high level threats that are long distances, intangible etc.

Some GL's are better at that than others though. How good Kyle is, im not 100% sure.

Dizzle
GL rings protect against mental attacks, I do believe. Also, the "current" version of Nate (right before he died) had enough raw power to destroy all of the Harvesters and resurrect everyone who had died from them... He's winning by psi blasts, not mindrape

Kyle is not nearly as strong willed as Hal. His best weapon is his creativity.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Dizzle
Kyle is not nearly as strong willed as Hal. His best weapon is his creativity.

I agree.

But Nate winning by psi-blasts?

Sentry
Nate's no ordinary telepath.

Xman #10

Nate's powers:

jrodslam
Sweet.

Sentry
He has a chance, I'm just saying, once Kyle let's his guard down, it's over, and vice versa. Could go either way.

Dizzle
Nate's like Cable. But after poppin some 'roids. Steroids. Psionic steroids. Big psionic steroids. Big, powerful... Ok, I'm done.

Xplosive
Nate=God-Like Cable, so we actully know what Nate is capable is.

Synchro
Nate's pretty powerful, he's pretty high up in the totem pole when it comes to non-cosmic beings IMO. But against a GL? hmm...... I think Kyle edges him out a bit. As jrodslam said, GLs have a pretty good resistance to mind attacks, so that pretty much leaves out one of Nate's major abilities. On the other hand, Kyle is arguably one of the most creative GLs ever. So I think Kyle's sheer versatility will allow him to eventually come up with a way to beat Nate.

This a very good match though, and if Kyle lets up for even a second, Nate could make him pay for it.

DarkCrawler
You know that the shields of GL don't allow anything psionic to come in?

Synchro
uhh... yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.