Gladiator vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
i know.. this has done before... but i think the two are relatively close in strength .... i ve heard gladys confidence dependence on how self - in love he is ... (you know... my poor english.. smile .. i hope you understand)

so.. who will has the upper hand in this contest ?

Sentry
Gladiator

Betageuze
why sentry ??? comment it please

Sentry
Well, Gladiator is a lot faster, and they have battled in comics before with Glads having the upper hand. Glads literally knocked the Mjolnir out of his hands. A fully confident and well written Glads is nearly unbeatable for everyone under Thanos. Oh, that match where Cannonball gets one shot in, and knocks Gladiator down, is horse sh!t.

Betageuze
the one time i ve seen Thanos.. was in an avenger comic... when he had a gun in his hand... so... what are the powers of this guy ??

Ethereal
Thor w/ odinforce would beat em tho

gautam
that is king thor...who is above thanos...so...yea

Sentry
King Thor? King Thor beats him.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Sentry
Oh, that match where Cannonball gets one shot in, and knocks Gladiator down, is horse sh!t.

But that Gladiator was really confident and he couldn't do anything to Canonball. Othrewise I think he would beat Canonbal (he should do it easily) and I think he would crush Thor.

Cosmic Cube
Gladiator is WAY faster than Thor. Thor could possibly muster some magic spell, but going hand to hand with Gladiator would spell defeat.

whirlysplat
He beat him before big grin

snoopdogg
Their one of their last fights Gladiator defeated Thor by kicking his hammer out of his hands and punching to the sky.

leonidas
snoop, take a look at the each following - thor was only ko'd because he turned in . . . whatever human form he had. in the next issue when he regained his hammer, he beat the crap out of glads (i've supllied scans at least twice in different threads). at the end of the book, glads ADMITS HIMSELF, thor was too powerful for him.

can't wait til kg reads this posts . . . heheh

whirlysplat
Theey both have homo haircuts big grin I suspect they would go out on a date!!! Not tht it makes them bad people, anything that brings love into the world is ok for those it floats the boat of! Sentry also has Homo hair!

snoopdogg
Well Gladiator still beat him in the first fight.

In the second fight Thor hit him with the Godforce while he was setting the airplane down. Gladiator still got up from the Godforce blast but was in no condiditon for take Thor after it.

leonidas
damn, snoop, you sound like kg! smile

Sentry
Could go either way...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by leonidas
damn, snoop, you sound like kg! smile Ouch that kinda hurt. Hahahah jk.

I really dont like either character but I am just giving my perception of the two fights they had in that issue.

Gladiator clearly beat him in the first fight but in the second fight if Thor hadnt landed the cheap shot who knows how the fight may have transpired.

True Sinister
Gladiator

Tony Stark
cool Gladiator 8/10

kgkg
This has been done.

Gladiator wins 1

Gladiator fought Wonder Man kicked his ass, than kicked masterson ass, than that ***** attack when G wasn’t excepting. Again it clearly showed that Glads speed is way too much for Thor.

Gladiator speed was too much for Thor vs Jake as well

Thor always has backup cuz he knows not to f#ck with Gladiator.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by kgkg
This has been done.

Gladiator wins 1

Gladiator fought Wonder Man kicked his ass, than kicked masterson ass, than that ***** attack when G wasn’t excepting. Again it clearly showed that Glads speed is way too much for Thor.

Gladiator speed was too much for Thor vs Jake as well

Thor always has backup cuz he knows not to f#ck with Gladiator. When did Glad show is speed was too much for Thor?

kgkg
Originally posted by juggernaut74
When did Glad show is speed was too much for Thor?
All there battles

juggernaut74
All there battles While I agree Gladiator should kick Thors @ss but all of the battles I have read I didnt see and of this so called 100x light speed.

In that pic that somebody posted of him kicking the hammer out of Thors hand it didnt look like superspeed was being used.

If it was the artist would have drawn it to look that way. wink

kgkg
While I agree Gladiator should kick Thors @ss but all of the battles I have read I didnt see and of this so called 100x light speed.

In that pic that somebody posted of him kicking the hammer out of Thors hand it didnt look like superspeed was being used.

If it was the artist would have drawn it to look that way. wink
Yes the writer’s don't use it , I understand why lol

and ya I posted that scan , he wasn’t going 100X light speed , but fast enough to make thor look like a child.

My argument is: There is nothing stopping Gladiator from using his speed to the max and keeps doing the same shit.

All there battle; Gladiator usually fights multiple enemies and is attack in a tricky way.

long pig
Can Gladiator go 100x lightspeed....?
http://img244.echo.cx/img244/6729/glads78xw.png
http://img244.echo.cx/img244/1786/glads68bs.png
yes
That "peice of debris" is Gladiator.

This is the Gladiator who would kick near anyones ass.

juggernaut74
What is that suppose to prove Long Pig? I already knew he could fly in space just like Superman.

Reed says that the power of the blast would have destroyed half the solar system. Do you think maybe that the force of that blast might have propelled him a little?

long pig
No, it was by his own power. He was the one containing the blast.
He contained, then went after the person he though responsible for it, the FF.

I wasn't trying to disprove you, just trying to show you the scans.
He can reach 100x in space, he can also react while traveling at lightspeed.
I.E him being able to see, and fight Thor while Thor was going multiples of light, the rest of the world couldn't see them because of their speed, Glad could.

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig
No, it was by his own power. He was the one containing the blast.
He contained, then went after the person he though responsible for it, the FF.

I wasn't trying to disprove you, just trying to show you the scans.
He can reach 100x in space, he can also react while traveling at lightspeed.
I.E him being able to see, and fight Thor while Thor was going multiples of light, the rest of the world couldn't see them because of their speed, Glad could. Well done long pig

long pig
Do you remember the feeling when you first saw Gladiator then?

I thought to myself, oh shit....he is gonna fook someone up!

juggernaut74
Well I remember the first time I saw Gladiator in a comic. Colossus almost beat him in a fight. And that was when Gladiator was still kinda new.

It dont look like he contained that explosion fully cause it still happened.

Are you sure that the force from that explosion didnt help him reach that speed?

kgkg
What is that suppose to prove Long Pig? I already knew he could fly in space just like Superman.

Reed says that the power of the blast would have destroyed half the solar system. Do you think maybe that the force of that blast might have propelled him a little?
It shows Gladiator can survive Solar System destroying attacks, can go 100X light speed etc.

Superman has said that he can't go beyond light speed even in space (it would rip the space/time continuum, which will rip space)

DC comics has never really explained how he could travel in space like that , clearly he himself has stated his limits on earth , and even in the void he had to use a (vortex) to accelerate to 99.9999% speed of light

- Gladiator has no restriction, he can blows planets like toys.

snoopdogg

Superman has said that he can't go beyond light speed even in space (it would rip the space/time continuum, which will rip space) Well kgkg he has flown that fast in space.

DC comics has never really explained how he could travel in space like that , clearly he himself has stated his limits on earth , and even in the void he had to use a (vortex) to accelerate to 99.9999% speed of light
I am curious kgkg what issue is that scan you posted when Superman was seemingly struggling at mach 1000?

Was it MOS #131?

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well kgkg he has flown that fast in space.
I am curious kgkg what issue is that scan you posted when Superman was seemingly struggling at mach 1000?

Was it MOS #131?
Can’t remember I will check for you.

You guys keep bring that shit up? Where does it say he actually was moving FTP? ( a pretty good guess I would say he was moving that fast because that’s the only explanation other than boom tubes etc)

- It never said FTP did it?

DC has stated that if Supes hit light speed he will rip space time. (DC speeders like flash have the same problem (time travel etc)

Sups has his limits on earth, or another surrounding with mass. (This is a fact supes has stated him limits time after time)

All am asking for is a scan where it actually says he is going at light speed in space; he was clearly shocked when he reaches mach 50.

I have read 100's of Supes comics his speed on earth is limited, he got faster over the years, but still he is no longer pre crisis.

It looks like the guys at DC need to look up the distances between shit.

snoopdogg
Can’t remember I will check for you.

Well make it snappy Happy Dance

kgkg
Well make it snappy Happy Dance i will try

to find the issue #

it's a mess here sad

leonidas
actually, i think dc was trying to avoid the mess they created with time travel in PRE-CRISIS, hence the limitations on FTL speed on most of the characters - except with speed force. ironic - dc started out much less realistic than marvel, but now in some ways are much MORE realistic. i mean, seriously, 100x lightspeed??? do you know what in reality that would DO to planetary bodies anywhere around him?

by the way - was glads ever creditted with any type of mental power? i remember from that issue long scanned that reed said it should have been impossible for glads to pick up the builing because it would have crumbled under its own weight. he thought glads had some mental power, or something like that to . . . help lift it? hold it together? make an illusion?? not sure that issue was ever truly resolved. kg, you know about it?

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
actually, i think dc was trying to avoid the mess they created with time travel in PRE-CRISIS, hence the limitations on FTL speed on most of the characters - except with speed force. ironic - dc started out much less realistic than marvel, but now in some ways are much MORE realistic. i mean, seriously, 100x lightspeed??? do you know what in reality that would DO to planetary bodies anywhere around him?

by the way - was glads ever creditted with any type of mental power? i remember from that issue long scanned that reed said it should have been impossible for glads to pick up the builing because it would have crumbled under its own weight. he thought glads had some mental power, or something like that to . . . help lift it? hold it together? make an illusion?? not sure that issue was ever truly resolved. kg, you know about it?
Mental powers , lol I don't think so , he is weak against mental attacks.

His been raped mentally before

leonidas
then . . . how DID he lift the building?? certainly, as reed himself speculated, it should have collapsed on itself. supes DOES possess mental powers - that's why if HE lifted the building, it wouldn't fall apart. i can get the scan where reed questions it, if i need to, but i always thought that was very odd, and i didn't THINK it had been cleared up. maybe a case of marvel trying to make someone look 'cool' and tough at the expense of logic? yah, THAT'S hard to believe . . .

friggin' gladiator . . .

smile

Sentry
Glads powers are psionic based. If he thinks he can lose, he will. But one look at the boy scout, he'll smile and say this will be over in a second.

leonidas
<<Glads powers are psionic based. If he thinks he can lose, he will. But one look at the boy scout, he'll smile and say this will be over in a second.>>

boyscout? are you replying to the right thread .. .?

and your answer about psionically based makes sense to me, but it would extend to more than simple confidence and enhancing his own powers if he held the building together with his 'unclear' mental powers.

Sentry
Oops wrong thread.

He'll take a look at Thor, and say:

"Wow, I'm fighting Barbie with a hammer, it'll be over in a sec."

snoopdogg
i will try

to find the issue #

it's a mess here sad If you have the issue and the scan why is it so hard?

kgkg
If you have the issue and the scan why is it so hard?

i scanned the shit a while ago , i need to find the comic , i don't even remember what the title looks like anymore

snoopdogg
Is that the one where he survived a nuclear explosion while sitting in Kryptonite?

Man Of Steele #131?

kgkg
Is that the one where he survived a nuclear explosion while sitting in Kryptonite?

Man Of Steele #131? nope

kgkg

Man Of Steele #131?
But can you find any superman (post) reference where it states him moving at Light speed, or beyond (in space)

snoopdogg
But can you find any superman (post) reference where it states him moving at Light speed, or beyond (in space) Not really. But sometimes you can put 2 and 2 together.

kgkg
Not really. But sometimes you can put 2 and 2 together.
I have read that comics like I said how do we know he wasn't going through portal , or vortex?

He has done this to enter source wall

2 + 2 = 4 ------- but how do not know the numbers are 2 + 2 maybe its 1+ 1+ 1+ 1 = 4

DC states Supes can't go that fast ( Supes was theorizing what would happened if the vortex accelerated him at Light speed --- Why would he do that if he can go at light speed , and why whould he even need it’s help?)

What's more of a fact (a written statement, and words right out of Supes mouth, stating his limits)

Or him going somewhere which says nothing or explain how he can do something he said he couldn’t

Do you have like something that states Post going beyond light Speed? It shouldn't be hard if he can do.

snoopdogg
kgkg if you read the comic that scan is from you would know he didnt use a boom tube or a portal.

When he took Darkseid to the Source Wall he may have used a boom tube or a wormhole. But in order to use a boom tube you need to have a device to open it and well I didnt see a device of any kind.

Study the pic closely and he flew from Earth to the Sun which is 93 million miles away.

kgkg
kgkg if you read the comic that scan is from you would know he didnt use a boom tube or a portal.

When he took Darkseid to the Source Wall he may have used a boom tube or a wormhole. But in order to use a boom tube you need to have a device to open it and well I didnt see a device of any kind.

Study the pic closely and he flew from Earth to the Sun which is 93 million miles away.
That’s my point if Supes says he can't

maybe there is another explanation.

yahman
That’s my point if Supes says he can't

maybe there is another explanation.

Bump smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.