Prey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanZeke25
This game looks fantastic. Absolutley Great!!! Its an FPS that will come out for the Xbox 360. You are a named Tommy who is abduncted by aliens. He is brought to a spaceship where he discovers some really cool powers. He can leave his body as a spirit to reach places he cant get to on foot. He can also use a power to cheat death. When killed, he can battle through entities in the spirit wourld to re-enter his body and return to life. In the space-ship, you can walk on walls and cielings, which adds a whole new demension to level designs. In some places, you can hit a switch to make the gavity instantly reverse, turning the world upside-down. There are also portals, that take you to different parts of the ship. you can even shoot enemies through the portal and and fight ememies who are in a completley different part of the ship. I got all that from GameInformer. The Graphicd are really good too.

here is a link to pictures.
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/008/008926/imgs_1.html

now heres the good part, heres a link to the video, its 11 minutes long, but watch the whole thing!!!! its simply amazing.
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/008/008926/vids_1.html

tell me that doesnt look awesome, i cant wait!!!

pr1983
Impressive... though i probably wont buy an xbox...

dark1365
Looks like a combo of Unreal/Doom/Quake.

JToTheP
Originally posted by dark1365

Or their love child. laughing out loud

hotsauce6548
Yeah, it looks pretty hot. I doubt I'll get the new system when it comes out, but I would love to play this game.

DanZeke25
i hope i get it, maybe for christmas hopefully

n00bslayer
woa that looks pretty sweet! especially the zombie children.

WindDancer
Very sweet looking FPS. I want it! Can't wait to pay off my 360 and then I'll reserve this game. Gotta have it.

IcePunk
It's late but it looks so god damn awesomly good droolio

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/prey/index.html?q=prey

DanZeke25
Originally posted by IcePunk
It's late but it looks so god damn awesomly good droolio

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/prey/index.html?q=prey

Already a thread, but yes, it looks great. The game im most looking forward to if i get a 360.

H. S. 6
Search me.

IcePunk
I searched but found nada, I would have found it if there was no "WOW"

H. S. 6
Did you search Prey?

'Cause I did.

IcePunk
I did, no result sad

H. S. 6
Than you fail at searching.

IcePunk
Why hasnt this been closed? confused

WrathfulDwarf
A pontential classic! thumb up

crazy_shadow
i played the demo today! i have to say IM GETTING IT!!!!!!!!

excellent teleporting abilities they have there, it would drive a high person to death.

Smasandian
It was pretty cool.

I think it will be a really interesting game.

Vinny Valentine
Reminds me of Turok

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Reminds me of Turok wtf? how?? theres like no resemblance....except therse an indian....

it reminds me more of doom3 or something. which i later read and found out it runs on the same engine as doom3.

But turok?! are you racist!!!.....j/k

Smasandian
Well kind of.

An alien race with huge spaceships and futeristic guns comparing to an alien race that took over earth with huge spaceships and futeristic guns.

The enemies somewhat resemble turok 2.

Overall, definitly not, but they're is some things.

Stalker 360

Smasandian
Umm, im sorry but i cant see where your coming from.

It resembles Doom because its the engine, you had 2 different weapons to chose from, and the whole idea of teleportation and gravity is an interesting twist to the gameplay.

And, I cant even read your paragraph.

H. S. 6
I can't wait till it comes to the 360.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Smasandian

And, I cant even read your paragraph.

im with you there

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I can't wait till it comes to the 360.

Originally posted by forumcrew
im with you there

crazy_shadow
i beat the game....twice.....man every time i beat it, it actually makes me think to myself....why the hell are we REALLY here?

Smasandian
What do you mean by that?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by DarkC

yeah... I'm not really seeing anything standout about the graphics.. I might give it a play if someone I know has it

I think he means that humans seem to have more of a purpose than we believe ourselves to have... considering the whole alien theory

H. S. 6
Seems to be getting good reviews across the board.

Smasandian
Yeah, overall scores are around 82%.

Good game, but not a classic and probably forgettable later on, (unless it sells a bajillion copies). (That's what I've been reading)

Just for the demo, I think the whole portal idea was blown out of porportion. It's a neat special effect, but it's pretty much replaces doors.
I wish the developers involved the whole teleports into the gameplay, like Vavle's new minigame called Portals. ( You control portals with a gun and you can kill bad guys in different ways like creating a portal from ledge to drop a huge boulder on a bad guy and then creating another portal to the other floor to create a big explosion).

The gravity on the other hand was pretty cool I must say.

crazy_shadow
Yeah, overall scores are around 82%.

Good game, but not a classic and probably forgettable later on, (unless it sells a bajillion copies). (That's what I've been reading)

Just for the demo, I think the whole portal idea was blown out of porportion. It's a neat special effect, but it's pretty much replaces doors.
I wish the developers involved the whole teleports into the gameplay, like Vavle's new minigame called Portals. ( You control portals with a gun and you can kill bad guys in different ways like creating a portal from ledge to drop a huge boulder on a bad guy and then creating another portal to the other floor to create a big explosion).

The gravity on the other hand was pretty cool I must say. later you'll think different from it being "like a door". the demo does kind of make it like a door, but later in the game you wont really think of it that way. you'll see it as a hole in space.

when you get near the end of the game, one of the bosses tells you the whole entire story of why humanity exists.

this is a spoiler for those who plan on getting it and wanting the fun...if you're not getting it go ahead and read it if you want..its the story The aliens actually invade earth at the beginning and tommy is clueless to what the hells going on. later on he finds out the aliens are using us as food. then when you reach a boss called "the keeper", he tells you that humans would never have existed if it weren't for the aliens. The earth was just a flying rock like any othe planet, with absolutely nothing on it. the aliens had put the amino acids (which creates life) on earth to start. well we finally they evolved into us......the human species. and what happen, is later they came to harvest us, just like we harvest farms. we plant seeds and grow plants, then we eat them. thats what they basicly did to us, so actually, humans were put on earth only to be eaten by them. (this kinda trips you out because what if the meteor for the dinosaurs isnt it , but they got eaten too XD) . If you play the game and ebat it later, you'll understand how trippy this causes it to be lol.

Smasandian
Have you seen the video for Portals, a free game by Valve though?

When I think of portals, thats what I think of. Creating portals as part of gameplay, rather than level design.

DanZeke25
This game is the sh*t. It's fun as hell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.