Superman versus the the Jedi Council

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mako Victim
Could the Jedi council keep the big man at bay???

Gryn Jabar
Nope. Superman if he really wanted to would chuck the moon at them.

Dark Thor
council? whoa................................

Master Smarts
council would kick supermans sorry ecuse for a butt

Dresta
seeing as lightsabers can cut through anything accept another lightsaber, superman would be cut up into tiny pieces.

Master Smarts
Originally posted by Dresta
seeing as lightsabers can cut through anything accept another lightsaber, superman would be cut up into tiny pieces.

i agree

long live the council

Mako Victim
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Nope. Superman if he really wanted to would chuck the moon at them.

laughing Awsome!!!

Darth_DaNThEMaN
superman is lame.

kryptonite lightsabers, hes done.

Mako Victim
That's if they could even hit him, last I heard superman moves past the speed of light..

If he really wanted to he could probably kill most of the Jedi in a blink of an eye.

AmrothSkywalker
You guys are idiots that whole thing about a lightsaber cutting through another lightsaber is false there are other things that can stop a lightsaber, like in ep 1 their lightsabers can't cut through the shields in the naboo generator when the fighting stops between maul and jinn. No physical force could stop superman unless kryptonite is used, although if a strong enough force user went up against him like yoda that would be a little closer because as most people think superman is not invincible. it just requires a force like a 100 times the strength of any normal man to hurt him.

Gryn Jabar
Exactly. You know what killed Superman? Doomsday, who happened to be killed more then 5 BLOODY TIMES BY Superman, only to come back, and destroy most of DC's superheroes at the same time.

Darthburgerking
let's see the jedi council couldn't dodged light sabers and superman can move at speed of light, Superman would destroy them.

Darthburgerking
oops when I said light sabers I meant blasters

Dresta
Originally posted by AmrothSkywalker
You guys are idiots that whole thing about a lightsaber cutting through another lightsaber is false there are other things that can stop a lightsaber, like in ep 1 their lightsabers can't cut through the shields in the naboo generator when the fighting stops between maul and jinn. No physical force could stop superman unless kryptonite is used, although if a strong enough force user went up against him like yoda that would be a little closer because as most people think superman is not invincible. it just requires a force like a 100 times the strength of any normal man to hurt him.

your a ****in idiot you little ****. the shield generators on naboo are not exactle normal ****ing objects are they. i would guess that there are made out of the same kind of substance as lightsabres. and is a jedi not 100 times more powerful than a normal human idiot. your entitled to your opinion about who would win but your not entitled to flame people when you don't know what the hell you're talking about, moron.

Gryn Jabar
ALOT of things can't be pierced by lightsabers. To name a few, vibroblades, ship armor, lightsabers, shielded persons, ANYTHING with cortosis weave, etc.

mr.smiley
Super man!!!!!!

Mako Victim
If any of the Jedi hit Superman one time he's dead.. But's that's the problem, just hitting him would be hard as hell! I mean he moves the speed of light!

Dark Thor
do they have preparation time? if they do, they can make lightsabers out of kryptonite

pr1983
lightsaber wont cut superman, his body is protected by a skin tight forcefield, none of them have the strength to breach that shield...

Darth_DaNThEMaN
all the powers of every marvel hero were put into like a shield i think? i culd be wrong, but anyway, they were put into sumthing, and it was the most unbreakable force eer, and the effin hulk cracked that sh!t with his bear hands.

hulk would kill superman, as would the jedi council.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
he also held up a mountain on his back.

Mako Victim
Dude, what the hell are you talking about... Superman already fought and beat the Hulk!!! It was in one of the Marvel/DC cross overs they had a while back.. So pretty much everything you just said holds no water at all.

Gryn Jabar
Wow. Pwned.

Swanky-Tuna
If Superman used his speed, he'd beat Hulk. But if he didn't, Hulk's strength would increase to such sheer insanity that it wouldn't matter. Heck, even lightsabers probably wouldn't affect him. Either by not cutting him or healing an area immediately after the blade passes it.

Overall, Supes'd probably rock those jedi.

Mako Victim
Originally posted by Dark Thor
do they have preparation time? if they do, they can make lightsabers out of kryptonite

Hhmmm... I'll say the Jedi have a preparation time of 2 days

Fishy
Jedi win, the Jedi council should be able to find Kryptonite in that time find out what it does and make it into a lightsaber, and if not a lot of meditation and preparation could just suck the organs right out of superman his ass

Mako Victim
I've always wondered if the Jedi's force choke would work on superman?? But still, even with a two day preparation time the Jedi might not be able to pull this one of.. I've read comics wear superman destroyed an entire colony of giant spaceships in a mere few seconds.

Fishy
He would still be affected by the Force... If they time to prepare they should theoretically be able to draw the organs straight from somebody his ass.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
they can get kryptonite in two days, but makin lightsabers takes a while.

hulk owns superman any day of the week.

darth plo koon
superman is crap all the jedi council can use the force and superman is non fs plus yoda would flip outa the way of supermans puny powers and stab his back alternativley use supermans flying powers against him and bring him crashing down the to the floor. with out a swet

General Zodiac
Yoda would show Superman the true power of the Force.

Clawed The Bum
for all the idoits that said that superman is the speed of light he is not. every heard " faster then a speeding bullet". if he was as fast light they wouldn't say "faster then a speeding bullet" they would say as fast as light. even yoda vs superman yoda would win. imagin all the dark jedi doing force choke/crush at the same time he would die. he would die from one lightsiber strike

Mako Victim
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
for all the idoits that said that superman is the speed of light he is not. every heard " faster then a speeding bullet". if he was as fast light they wouldn't say "faster then a speeding bullet" they would say as fast as light. even yoda vs superman yoda would win. imagin all the dark jedi doing force choke/crush at the same time he would die. he would die from one lightsiber strike

Wow, maybe I used to many big words.. okay, I'll try to make this as simple as possible for you. The whole thing about Superman moving "faster then a speeding bullet" was back in the 1950's.

Take any Superman comic from the 50's and compare them to the Superman comics of today, you'll notice a huge difference between them.. And it's pretty much the same for any comic book to, X-men, fantastic four, Daredevil, etc.....

Back in the 50's Superman could only jump over buildings, left cars, etc... But now, he can move the speed of light, Destroy an entire star with a mere breath as if he was blowing out the candles on his birthday cake, and can lift pretty much anything !!!

So before you go running your mouth about something atleast make sure you got your facts strait..

Dark Thor
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
they can get kryptonite in two days, but makin lightsabers takes a while.

hulk owns superman any day of the week.

indeed. hulk can actually eat superman while hes at it

HimoKun
Originally posted by Dresta
your a ****in idiot you little ****. the shield generators on naboo are not exactle normal ****ing objects are they. i would guess that there are made out of the same kind of substance as lightsabres. and is a jedi not 100 times more powerful than a normal human idiot. your entitled to your opinion about who would win but your not entitled to flame people when you don't know what the hell you're talking about, moron.
No they aren't made out of the same thing, and there are things that can stop a lightsaber. aka a cortois weapon.

JediMasterLuke5
Superman would throw every member into the sun and they would die.

DarthChris
The Jedi would destroy Superman. The jedi did die from blaster shots from clones because they were out numbered but Superman can only shoot like two blasts from his eyes and the jedi would block it every time and then eventually slice him.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
He's at least faster than thought as I think an alternate version of Superman schooled a bunch of Green Lanterns while scoffing at their slow thought processes.

And if force crushing/choking is literally choking and crushing, it's not going to do jack since Superman has easily survived nukes with no harm.
Originally posted by Fishy
Jedi win, the Jedi council should be able to find Kryptonite in that time find out what it does and make it into a lightsaber
'Cause there's kryptonite all over the Star Wars galaxy, right?

General Zodiac
Hmm...Doomsday killed Superman with his fist so a Lightsaber will work.

Darth L. Dipsit
Can Superman go "at the speed of light" as people are claiming? No offense meant, it's just that I thought it was always quantified as "faster than a speeding bullet," and I always interpreted that to mean not infinitely faster than a bullet, which the speed of light (3 x 10^8 m/s) is. If Superman can travel at lightspeed he can, theoretically, become pure energy, which takes this whole fight to another level.

Swanky-Tuna
Doomsday killed Superman with his fist because he was stronger and nearly as fast as him. He wore him down until his bio field copped out.

As soon as Yoda becomes stronger than Superman and swings a couple thousand times a second, I'll give that to you.
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Can Superman go "at the speed of light" as people are claiming? No offense meant, it's just that I thought it was always quantified as "faster than a speeding bullet," and I always interpreted that to mean not infinitely faster than a bullet, which the speed of light (3 x 10^8 m/s) is. If Superman can travel at lightspeed he can, theoretically, become pure energy, which takes this whole fight to another level.
He can't go as fast as light but he can hit a very high percentage of it.

Mako Victim
Are you sure??? http://theages.superman.ws/Encyclopaedia/powers.php

apparently this site says he can sometimes move thousands of times the speed of light!

Darth L. Dipsit
Then, assuming that information is correct, Superman could win, because he could transcend the material plane and become pure energy.

Mako Victim
Making it pretty much impossible for the Jedi to do any kind of physical damage to him

Darth L. Dipsit
Well, this is speaking thermockinetically. If he could turn into energy, wouldn't that be mentioned as one of his powers? I suppose that could be inclusive in the "speed" category, depending on how you look at it, though.

Regardless, assuming he can travel as fast as that site claims, then as long as he can do it indefinitely the Jedi don't actually stand a chance. That's IF he can do it indefinitely. It would take a long time for him to take out all of the Jedi in his energy state, so he might run out of steam by the end of the fight. I don't know nearly as much on this matter as you, sir, so I cannot contest to this.

Peace be with you, friend.

Mako Victim
I think if the fight came to a head on battle Superman would win.. In terms of shere strength and power I really doubt the Jedi could match him..

But in terms of wits and intelligence the Jedi are waaayyy above Superman though..

So if the Jedi was to very carefully plan a way to expose Superman to some kryptonite they might be able to take him... But still, the plan would almost have to be flawless. One mistake and the Jedi are screwed!

But it's nice to know that your actually willing to debate this fight..
Not just say something like "the jedi would just cut supermans head off"

May the force be with you friend

Swanky-Tuna
If the jedi have kryptonite lightsabers, Superman would just snipe them with his heat vision.

Originally posted by Mako Victim
Are you sure??? http://theages.superman.ws/Encyclopaedia/powers.php

apparently this site says he can sometimes move thousands of times the speed of light!
I'm pretty sure this is all about pre-crisis Superman. Back then, sometimes he'd get hurt by a human punch, other times he would move a planet under his own power.

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by DarthChris
The Jedi would destroy Superman. The jedi did die from blaster shots from clones because they were out numbered but Superman can only shoot like two blasts from his eyes and the jedi would block it every time and then eventually slice him.
You cant slice through Superman, his skin cant be penetrated except by Kryptonite.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Mako Victim
Dude, what the hell are you talking about... Superman already fought and beat the Hulk!!! It was in one of the Marvel/DC cross overs they had a while back.. So pretty much everything you just said holds no water at all.

He lost to Superman,yet beat Gladiator twice......HMMMMMM

Gladiator is a Superman clone.

General Bondius

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by mr.smiley
He lost to Superman,yet beat Gladiator twice......HMMMMMM

Gladiator is a Superman clone.
DC won't let Superman lose but Marvel will let Hulk beat Superman clone a bunch of times.

JediMasterLuke5
The thing is the Hulk couldnt beat Superman, by definition Superman is the greatest Super Hero ever, he cant be beaten.

Back to the topic, Superman has way too many powers to be beaten by the Jedi. 1) They cant hurt him in any way 2)Superman would throw them into the sun and they all die.

General Bondius

Bobafetty
whats your ponit?

Bobafetty
point*

General Bondius
That superman is not unbeatable, and with enough money and resources you can kill superman without even using the force

JediMasterLuke5

Bobafetty
What are you getting at? This is superman vs. the jedi council.

JediMasterLuke5
I know its just he irritated me by saying something so insain.

General Bondius
In a crossover, Batman built himself a kryptonite suit and ***** slaped superman all over gotham city, or was it metropolis?? it doesnt matter, the point is that money is the ultimate super power, and the jedi have all the money and the resources of the republic so... you do the math

JediMasterLuke5
Kryptonite isnt as abundant as you think and isnt found in the star wars galaxy.

General Bondius
MMMM, ok, superman isnt found in the star wars galaxy either, if you put superman in the jedi council then all his universe can play the game, and the jedi could find kryptonite.
Sorry, money is the true american hero jajajajajaja

JediMasterLuke5
But the Jedi arent rich, why would Sidious give money to the Jedi if Superman was going to be their down fall? It doesnt make any sense.

General Bondius
Because he is a threat to the republic and needs to be stoped, if they dont kill him eventually superman would become a threat to the empire, thats a good reason, send them make the dirty work.

JediMasterLuke5
But again Sidious would let Superman be the Downfall of the Jedi, thats what this battle is about isnt it? Superman VS the Jedi.

General Bondius
he has the clones for that

General Bondius

JediMasterLuke5
They dont have money if Sidious doesnt give it to them and allows them to be destroyed

General Bondius
oki, bottom line, Superman sucks, jedi rules!!!! i dont care who wins JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
The thing is the Hulk couldnt beat Superman, by definition Superman is the greatest Super Hero ever, he cant be beaten.
No. Hulk shouldn't beat Superman because Superman should dodge all of Hulk's blows. There are tons of characters that can beat Superman by other means.
Originally posted by General Bondius
In a crossover, Batman built himself a kryptonite suit and ***** slaped superman all over gotham city, or was it metropolis?? it doesnt matter, the point is that money is the ultimate super power, and the jedi have all the money and the resources of the republic so... you do the math
Do you mean in that Elseworld comic where Batman had the kryptonite ring and Superman was fighting mind control?

Mako Victim
Hell, during that fight Batman said if Superman really wanted to he could kill him instantly.. Superman's biggest weakness is that he's just to nice..

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
DC won't let Superman lose but Marvel will let Hulk beat Superman clone a bunch of times.

I know.It sucks.They won't let Hulk beat him,yet Mumra from the Thundercats owns his ass.

Mako Victim
Superman underestimated Mumm-ra big time in that fight.... If he did the same with the Jedi then poor old supes is screwed..

Hopefully Superman learned a lesson or two when Mumm-ra handed him his ass laughing laughing

Darth L. Dipsit
Yeah, theoretically speaking, Mako is right. He could destroy the Jedi. Unless NJO Luke was there. Not for his power, but for his ability to create black holes. That seems like their only chance (unless Superman can get tired). It seems like the only way the Jedi could win. Or unless they used Superman's lightspeed energy to create work. But that would take so much precision, brilliance, and planning. Hmmm.

But Mako is right. People seem to be a little bit to dismissive of Superman. I personally don't know much about him - nothing other than what Mako told me. However, since this cross-reference thread has been discussed for so long, I think we should consider it more.

Peace be with everyone.

mr.smiley
In all reality I can't see Superman losing this fight.theirs so many things he could do.

matreid
The council. Easily.

Swanky-Tuna
Not really much a group of jedi can do to a blindingly fast, forcefielded, insanely strong big American fighter.

PloKoonDevotee
You said the council, What about Council Members in ships? Could they fight superman any better if they were shooting Those Heavy Powered Lasers from either the sky or space?

mr.smiley
I doubt that would help them a lot.Think about it.They need ships.superman flys throughout the entire universe.He herd green Lantern calling for help and he was on the other end of the Universe.He could pick up their ships and toss them into the nearest son.

Swanky-Tuna
He'd probably just rip the rockets off them. Even the one ship from Revenge of the Sith that had like 15 on it.

ChaoticReign
Superman takes this easy. Lightsabers couldn't penetrate his forcefield and even if they could he could move so fast that none of them would even have a chance to turn their sabers on before he rapes the council.

exanda kane
Jedi dismemble lightsabers and shove crystals in Superman's face and he falls over. . .

Superman's jewish y'know . . .

Great Vengeance
The council combined would simply destroy supermans mind, he has no chance.

Darth Revidian
I think we are all forgetting the power of the FORCE. It can destroy any
life if it grants a certain user that power What the f**k?

LordSorgo
True enough, but Superman is a cheap ass super hero who like can't die.

DarthDaniel1001
Which Jedi Council are we talking about?

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Which Jedi Council are we talking about?

You ask this to one who posted it more than 4 years ago and was banned.

There is a huge gap between that and the place where logic lies.

Darth Truculent
Shatterpoint against his suit or kyrptonite , Sith using Force Drain or Force Lightning against him, Bane crashing a moon on the planet. Superman wouldn't be able to detect a Force attack because he's not Force sensitive. He'd be about to fly off when grabbed by TK and electrocuted at the same time. Nuff said about that.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Shatterpoint against his suit or kyrptonite , Sith using Force Drain or Force Lightning against him, Bane crashing a moon on the planet. Superman wouldn't be able to detect a Force attack because he's not Force sensitive. He'd be about to fly off when grabbed by TK and electrocuted at the same time. Nuff said about that.

You are talking about the guy who survived a visit to the sun, and took blasts from the omega beams. I doubt mere sith lightning will do any real harm to Superman.

ares834
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
You are talking about the guy who survived a visit to the sun, and took blasts from the omega beams. I doubt mere sith lightning will do any real harm to Superman.
But SUperman is weak to magic and perhaps the force would count as magic after all fifth dimensial technology counts.

SIDIOUS 66
Maybe. I don't know much about Superman, but I do know that force lightning won't do much to him.

Vorpal Ruin
Why didn't this thread get closed?

Slash_KMC
Because apparently, mods don't visit these parts a lot.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by ares834
But SUperman is weak to magic and perhaps the force would count as magic after all fifth dimensial technology counts. The lighting would have to make contact with him first. Don't count on that happening.

Lord Lucien
True. The guy weaved in and out of radiation particles, or something. That's pretty ****ing fast.

playa1258
You guys are kidding right? Superman destroys the Jedi with ease. Some of these answers from you fanboys are flat-out retarded.

A Jedi poses as much of a threat to Superman as a ant does to the Man of Steel

Get your heads out of your cornholes. This ain't SD.net

~:Mr.Anderson:~
superman gets pwned.

Spartan 063
There's something called precognition.
superman gets pwned
anyways if this is on Coruscant, superman gets curb stomped, no yellow sun.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by playa1258
You guys are kidding right? Superman destroys the Jedi with ease. Some of these answers from you fanboys are flat-out retarded.

A Jedi poses as much of a threat to Superman as a ant does to the Man of Steel

Get your heads out of your cornholes. This ain't SD.net
thumb up

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
superman gets pwned.
Dnt trll plz

Originally posted by Spartan 063
There's something called precognition.
superman gets pwned
anyways if this is on Coruscant, superman gets curb stomped, no yellow sun.
Nah,,,

Vorpal Ruin
What if the Council combine their powers into a huge force push and push him into a black hole?

Slash_KMC
He'll dodge that. confused

bane's heart
which superman are we talking about

Red Nemesis
Does it matter?

Hewhoknowsall
This is a spite. Having ALL of the jedi might make Superman sweat a bit. Having ALL Jedi and Sith to ever live might actually harm Superman.

Originally posted by Master Smarts
council would kick supermans sorry ecuse for a butt Originally posted by Dresta
seeing as lightsabers can cut through anything accept another lightsaber, superman would be cut up into tiny pieces. Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
superman is lame.

kryptonite lightsabers, hes done. Originally posted by Dresta
your a ****in idiot you little ****. the shield generators on naboo are not exactle normal ****ing objects are they. i would guess that there are made out of the same kind of substance as lightsabres. and is a jedi not 100 times more powerful than a normal human idiot. your entitled to your opinion about who would win but your not entitled to flame people when you don't know what the hell you're talking about, moron. Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
all the powers of every marvel hero were put into like a shield i think? i culd be wrong, but anyway, they were put into sumthing, and it was the most unbreakable force eer, and the effin hulk cracked that sh!t with his bear hands.

hulk would kill superman, as would the jedi council.

These quotes are amusing.

ares834
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Does it matter?
Yes... GOlden Age Superman gets Pwned badley.

Liquorsnake
No.

Red Nemesis
Umm... I'm pretty sure I typed up a response already. Damn c-box. fml

So the gist of it is that Supes can't die to a jedi 'cause his cells are immune to about everything. He can't get hurt. Also: Precog & Force Valor are nice, but 'faster than a speeding bullet' is prolly gonna take out 'can prepare responses for trajectories.'

*fanboiz*

ares834
Originally posted by Liquorsnake
No.
Golden-age SUperman is not that impressive. He has difficulty lifting a car and outrunning a train, he can't fly, dosn't have laser vision, and he wasn't able to withstand much more than a single bullet.

All other versions of Superman destroy the Council specificly Silver-Age.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Darth Truculent

Umm...what? Shatterpoint his "suit"? The jedi council doesn't carry around kryptonite; they don't even know what it is! Bane is not part of the council. Force Drain won't work on Superman because he isn't actually part of "The Force" being in a different universe. Superman can withstand the heat of the Sun, so I highly doubt that Lightning will do anything to him. And Superman can more or less go at the speed of light, so the battle will be over in a mili second before the Jedi can do any of the above anyway.

NTJack0
lolcouncil.

Just have Luke, Yoda, and Palpatine mind**** him.

Lord Lucien
Cuz that always worked so well with every other regular person who opposed them.

Nephthys
Not to mention that Superman has resisted mind-control before and SW mind****ery has never been that advanced, at least compared to comics.

Korto Vos
I know earlier in this page a poster states that since the Council doesn't know what kryptonite is, Windu can't use Shatterpoint. Isn't the point of the ability to destroy things that are nearly indestructible? Even if they don't know what it is, I can't see why Mace wouldn't be able to break through the suit.

ares834
What suit?

Korto Vos
Sorry, not suit. But okay, he's called the "Man of Steel." Use Windu's Shatterpoint to break the "steel."

Of course, Superman has a multitude of powers and abilities, to variant degrees. It depends on the incarnation really.

Lord Lucien
I think Mace is going to find a "Steel" fist through his brain before he can use his shatterpoint.

Nephthys
Windu wouldn't last a millisecond in a fight with Superman, let alone long enough to find his Shatterpoint.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I think Mace is going to find a "Steel" fist through his brain before he can use his shatterpoint.

laughing out loud

Perhaps they can battle in a creek and Plo Koon can solo while Windu takes his time to use his Shatterpoint

bayhunter12
yeah the jedi simply destroy his mind or yoda snaps his neck like a toothpick.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by bayhunter12
yeah the jedi simply destroy his mind or yoda snaps his neck like a toothpick. Doubt that very much.

Vorpal Ruin
Superman teams up with the Jedi and learns how to use the force. There is unbalance in the universe and it blows up.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Korto Vos
I know earlier in this page a poster states that since the Council doesn't know what kryptonite is

You see this really isnt fair in any Star Wars vs Superman fight, because we are essentially taking away all Supes weaknesses for these fights but letting him keep all his strengths (fact is we dnt even know how strong he would be under Star Wars Stars)..

But if those are the conditions I only see attacking his mind as an option for hurting Supes. Remember Mace, Anakin and Obi-Wan almost ripping aprat Cad Bane's mind (a very strong minded individual)..

Have the whole council together doing that including Yoda, and that might just hurt Supes. Apart from that Supes stomps.

Question: Do each of the Council members have a Repbulic Battle Cruiser under their command. At least then they could put up a fight, instead of the epic stomp this is!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.