Episode 3 Boga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robin Darkside
I dont know, but I thought the Boga Obiwan was riding on Utapau looked stupid. it looked like a overgrown peacock with 4 legs.
anyone think it was cool?

dflood
and the noise it made was powerfuly irritating

Robin Darkside
lol, I guess no one likes it

Neo_Version 7
I thought it was kind of cute. stick out tongue

Smegulated
i loved it, especially its sound

when it and obi fell into the sink hole during order 66 i was worried whether it would die or not roll eyes (sarcastic)

matreid
I didn't mind its yelp, but its over all look did remind me of a peakcock...

Robin Darkside
ok, you were worried about the Boga instead of Obiwan??

Neo_Version 7
Hell, I was.

Everyone knows that geazer survives!

I was bawling for the giant peacock! stick out tongue

Robin Darkside
I suppose so, smile
I bet that Boga smashed into some rocks and his organs just splattered everywhere. Blood gushing out so fast you cant even see it.
Should have showed it

Neo_Version 7
sad

Dude...

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Smegulated

when it and obi fell into the sink hole during order 66 i was worried whether it would die or not roll eyes (sarcastic)

Me too! big grin

dflood
wen it fell into the water ,that was wen the sad music came on for the jedi to be killed

yay this is my 100th post

Dark Thor
yay this is my 60th post

gentmax
I liked it.

Morridini
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Smegulated

Me too! big grin

Me three!

Neo_Version 7
Dudes, I just had my 5000th post.

dflood
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Dudes, I just had my 5000th post.

way to ruin my sad little day lol big grin

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Morridini
Me too! big grin

Me three!

me four smile

bilb
How can you not love Boga?? cry

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by bilb
How can you not love Boga?? cry

Boga was obi1 ride right? Well there are at least 4 of us who where concerned about the fate of the screaming fellow smile

bilb
The music when Boga fell .. cry.. from that point on you CANT look away from this movie.. I wish they had left in more of the Boga scenes..

Lana
I absolutely loved Boga....

Darth Travizzle
Boga could get irritating at times. But it was kinda cool.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
Boga was obi1 ride right? Well there are at least 4 of us who where concerned about the fate of the screaming fellow smile

Man, I was more concerned about the clones turning on the Jedi (Order 66), not no stupid boga

DeVi| D0do
I loved Boga, she was a great design.

Robin Darkside
Boga was ok, in a respect that she (assuming its a she) is quick and gets Obiwan from a to b. the sound she made seemed annoying at times though

Lana
Boga's a she. Boga's her name, actually, I can't remember what the species was actually called (if it had a name).

DeVi| D0do
I loved the shriek.

She was just cool.

Ast Rofan
Did anyone come up with an answer about Obi-Wan's call in the new version of ANH? The call he does to scare the sandpeople, is it a Boga call?

Sorry I worded that poorly, but I remember there was a debate about it.

DeVi| D0do
I think the consensus was that it is the same call... I could be wrong though.

AmrothSkywalker
I actually like the Boga call and I think the Boga's looks and features are cool she's like part reptile part bird.

grey fox
For some reason when i saw the boga i had the biggest hankering for chiken wings

chilled monkey
Boga was awesome.

She was a varactyl by the way.

Wickerman
Man, Boga kicked ass. And when the two fell, just like everyone else here, i was more concerned bout her cry

~wickerman~

aj_vader
awww the boga is well cool! i love it, its nice and colourful and when you hear it cry at the order 66 scene its really sad sad

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by aj_vader
awww the boga is well cool! i love it, its nice and colourful and when you hear it cry at the order 66 scene its really sad sad

OMG u mean like cry out right? Cus if Boga shed tears and I missed it...crybaby
It was so sad.... sad

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Did anyone come up with an answer about Obi-Wan's call in the new version of ANH? The call he does to scare the sandpeople, is it a Boga call?

No, I forgot where I read it, but it was the sound of the Krayt Dragon to scare sandpeople. If I find the source I got it from, I'll post it.

Darth Travizzle
Here it is. I found it in the Star Wars databank. Under Obi-Wan, in the Behind the Scenes, Second Paragraph. it's:

In the third draft, Obi-Wan is said to be the author of The Diary of the Clone Wars, an important tome that young Luke had studied. Another trait of the early Jedi concepts was a piercing warrior cry that would frighten all those who challenged them. This became the krayt dragon call that Obi-Wan performs to frighten the Tusken Raiders.

jango fat
The boga was real cool, mate

DarkYoda

Yeah... I believe it is the same call. Obi-Wan must have had a "thing" for his Boga! love

(I know... that was wrong wasn't it wacko )

Edit: And the reason for this particular debate is that the sound Obi-Wan makes was changed in the DVD release to a high pitched squeal that sounds much different than the old call. wink

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Yeah... I believe it is the same call. Obi-Wan must have had a "thing" for his Boga! love

(I know... that was wrong wasn't it wacko )

Edit: And the reason for this particular debate is that the sound Obi-Wan makes was changed in the DVD release to a high pitched squeal that sounds much different than the old call. wink

That is what I was thinking, why else would they change such a small detail?

leowyatt
it looked like a giant chicken

Darth Travizzle
Did y'all not read my post? it said:

In the third draft, Obi-Wan is said to be the author of The Diary of the Clone Wars, an important tome that young Luke had studied. Another trait of the early Jedi concepts was a piercing warrior cry that would frighten all those who challenged them. This became the krayt dragon call that Obi-Wan performs to frighten the Tusken Raiders.

DarkYoda
Yeah, but in the third draft HAN probably shot first also! wink

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Yeah, but in the third draft HAN probably shot first also! wink
True. But still that's what the call was named. I remember that call he used with the tusken raiders not sounding like Boga. It sounded more like a house alarm, from what I remember.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
True. But still that's what the call was named. I remember that call he used with the tusken raiders not sounding like Boga. It sounded more like a house alarm, from what I remember.

You know we are talking about the new DVD of ANH right? Besides, that databank entry could have said that for years, thye just may not have fixed it.

Darth Travizzle
You know we are talking about the new DVD of ANH right? Besides, that databank entry could have said that for years, thye just may not have fixed it.
That's true, they might not have changed it. But I don't own the DVD, I still have the crappy VHS version.

DarkYoda
Yes... the new call that we think is the Boga is from the new DVD version of ANH that came out last year.

Ast Rofan
That's true, they might not have changed it. But I don't own the DVD, I still have the crappy VHS version.

Okay, the call he does on the VHS is different. They changed it for the DVD, that is why people think it is Boga, why else would it be changed.

Lets not forget Obi is a human and his call wouldnt be perfect.

Darth Travizzle
Alright, maybe I should rent the DVD's.

bilb
Rent dvd's?? GASP! NOO !! buy them you must stick out tongue

Seriously, I know all about the changing of the Kraycht Dragon sound & all.. I dont know if thats why they did or not (to make it sound like Boga I mean) but if they did.. then I say STOP MESSING WITH THE OT FFS!! There is a reason we all loved it the way it was.. so leave it alone PLEASE!!

cad
oh well things happen.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by bilb
Rent dvd's?? GASP! NOO !! buy them you must stick out tongue
Extra cash I do not have. Plus I have that deal where you can rent as many movies from blockbuster as you want in a month for like $20.

Lana

Never call the VHS version crappy....

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Lana
Never call the VHS version crappy....
True, it's not crappy, but I'm "left in the dark" about the changes these guys are talking about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.