Ruling the world

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
can it be a good thing? can ruling the world be a good thing? i mean if there's a president for a country, why not a president for the world? I mean if i was a conqueror, i can be a dictator but still change things for the better

Ken Kenobi
It depends.

If we lived in a galaxy filled with many other planets like ours, I could see planetary leaders instead of just leaders for each region.

Bardock42
I think it will and should lead to the unification of the world.......

Dark Thor
If Alexander the great created an empire in the ancient times, why cant the world be one big empire?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Dark Thor
If Alexander the great created an empire in the ancient times, why cant the world be one big empire?

At the moment there is too much tension between countries for this to happen.

If the world were to try to unite under one leadership, there would always be areas that would want nothing to do with this and would then oppose and fight the unification.

Dark Thor
in episode III, palpatine said "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy, and we shall have...peace" we have a president for the country, why not Earth?

Dark Thor
well maybe not ONE president. maybe a board of like, i dunno, 25 men?

Clovie
It would be a great thing if i was rulling whip2purplequeen1

Bardock42
Not to forget that lots of people don'T like Empires.....they like Republics....

Ken Kenobi
well maybe not ONE president. maybe a board of like, i dunno, 25 men?

Still wouldn't work. Jealousy and favoritism would cause the 25 board members to fight over top spot.

Dark Thor
k, so one whole republic for the world

Fishy
It could be a good thing it could be a bad thing, depends on the leader just like with any other government system there is. Whether the communists, facists, democrats, royals or emperors rule. It really doesn't matter all will **** up somehow some time, and i'm pretty sure one world government will... But hey maybe they will do so less. Honestly though I don't really care. It could work out for the best or it could screw things up.

Fire
IMO you would need a sort of council and a president like person who is kept in balance by the council (not too big a council tho) but like so many have already said the only way to enforce the ruling, atleast in the beginning is Manu Militari(sp)

Dark Thor
a council with like 25 men

Deano
one world goverment soon...

§P0oONY
can it be a good thing? can ruling the world be a good thing? i mean if there's a president for a country, why not a president for the world? I mean if i was a conqueror, i can be a dictator but still change things for the better

Of course ruling the world would be good.... Only for the person ruling it though. A one government dictatorship is one bad idea!

Fishy

Dark Thor
it can be good if the dictator was fair and not cruel

Novusordo
we are heading for a ongle world government and i genuinly feel very very very sorry for people who cannot see it coming.

Why do you think the whole world is split into pockets of unions which are just WAITING to be controlled via a single government body and why do you think there's a world bank and the WTO?

Everything is set up and waiting for the one world govenrment.

The Omega

Dark Thor
i still dont see why not...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.