Destroyer vs. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
Who wins?

DrDoom
Rayner is ****ed.

I'm pretty sure Destroyer can fly--so chucking him out into space is a no go. Kyle isn't Jordan--he's not even Stewart.

He's more like Guy: He can kick some ass, but he lacks strategy. Kyle IMO is the weakest willed of the current Corps, and while he's as green (hehe) as he once was, he still has a lot to learn. Mebbe in 5-6 years he could take him, but right now I can't see it happening.

Sentry
5 to 6 years??? Try adding in the rest of the Green Lantern Core... You seen what Doomsday did to them, Destroyer will just lower his visor, break their constructs, and slaughter them.

leonidas
what sentry said. think of doomsday made of asgardian metal and supplied with a weapon that was meant to be used against the celestials.

DrDoom
Er...I meant mebbe in 5-6 years he could take him...to Denny's for a grand slam breakfast. Yeah...yeah that's what I meant shifty

Destroyer: " My grand slam was supposed to be with sausage."

GalacticStorm
Yeah DD the destroyer can fly at at least escape velocity. Destroyer wins this

Ethereal
are you kidding

destroyer not only can fly, but can rearrange molecules, had various rays etc. Built of unique metal that was indestructible ( some kind of uru); Magically enhanced by the Gods & Odin which it grew to 2000 feet. Wielded the odinsword Also, the ray that is is said to destroy anything. ANY substance, matter etc. Its just that the celestials melted it before it had a chance to use it. And yes, it took a group of celestials.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Ethereal
are you kidding

destroyer not only can fly, but can rearrange molecules, had various rays etc. Built of unique metal that was indestructible ( some kind of uru); Magically enhanced by the Gods & Odin which it grew to 2000 feet. Wielded the odinsword Also, the ray that is is said to destroy anything. ANY substance, matter etc. Its just that the celestials melted it before it had a chance to use it. And yes, it took a group of celestials.

Ethereal i was responding to a question not stating the extent of my knowledge on the destroyer. All of that is common knowledge to those who have been around to read the comics and also to those who copy and paste from websites.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sentry
5 to 6 years??? Try adding in the rest of the Green Lantern Core... You seen what Doomsday did to them, Destroyer will just lower his visor, break their constructs, and slaughter them.

Hey Sentry. I see you brought up DD beating the GL Corps. Were the big 5 there when he did this?

Ethereal, GL's can re-arange molecules also as well as control all types of energy.

How fast does Destroyer fly?

Sentry
Doesn't matter. It'll take the entire GL corps to stop it.

One Celestial > 3600 Green Lanterns

whirlysplat
The armours power depends whose powering it big grin It can be weaker than Thor and any GL would beat Thor big grin

Ethereal
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Ethereal i was responding to a question not stating the extent of my knowledge on the destroyer. All of that is common knowledge to those who have been around to read the comics and also to those who copy and paste from websites.

I was responding to the thread-maker. Nobody is talking to you.

Synchro
I remember upon the completion of the Destroyer that Odin, Zeus and other leading Gods of other pantheons gave some of their power to it. Making it immensely powerful. Basing on that alone, I dont see Kyle or any Green Lantern beating the Asgardian Destroyer. Unless someone can prove me wrong, ofcourse.

Cosmic Cube
Destroyer, with ease.

Originally posted by jrodslam
Hey Sentry. I see you brought up DD beating the GL Corps. Were the big 5 there when he did this?

Ethereal, GL's can re-arange molecules also as well as control all types of energy.

How fast does Destroyer fly?

It can exceed Escape Velocity. It's made of the same thing Mjolnir is, so perhaps it can attain hyperlight speeds as well.

armandovalles
Parallax, Ion, or Spectre could easily beat the Destroyer.

Hal, John, or Alan would be able to stalemate the Destroyer, maybe even beat him.

Guy, Kyle, Jade, or Kilowog could probly stalemate the Destroyer for a few minutes or seconds, but then would lose badly.

kgkg
Originally posted by armandovalles
Parallax, Ion, or Spectre could easily beat the Destroyer.

Hal, John, or Alan would be able to stalemate the Destroyer, maybe even beat him.

Guy, Kyle, Jade, or Kilowog could probly stalemate the Destroyer for a few minutes or seconds, but then would lose badly.
how will Hal , John , Alan beat the Destroyer?

armandovalles
I think after the showing they had in the Rebirth pt. 6 book, i seriously have newfoudn respect for Hal + John.

kgkg
I think after the showing they had in the Rebirth pt. 6 book, i seriously have newfoudn respect for Hal + John.
Respect is good how but are they going to beat destroyer?

What are they going to do?

Hal is like Quasar, and Quasar has no chance in beating Destroyer

armandovalles
no Hal is way more powerful than Quasar. Quasar is probly more at Kilowog's level, who is the 4th strongest GL, only under John, Hal, and Alan.

kgkg
no Hal is way more powerful than Quasar. Quasar is probly more at Kilowog's level, who is the 4th strongest GL, only under John, Hal, and Alan.
No Hal is way more powerful than Quasar- prove it

Quasar can use Hal's power against him

He is master of energy.

Gl rings are energy how is Hal > Quasar?

armandovalles
yea Quasar is a master of energy that he knows, but he has never encountered energy like the GL power rings give out. In JLA/Avengers, Quasar and Hal both had the same idea on people of about the same strength and, if i remember correctly (since i havent read it in a while), Quasar's didnt hold, while Hal's did.

kgkg
yea Quasar is a master of energy that he knows, but he has never encountered energy like the GL power rings give out. In JLA/Avengers, Quasar and Hal both had the same idea on people of about the same strength and, if i remember correctly (since i havent read it in a while), Quasar's didnt hold, while Hal's did.
You are using crossover to prove points?

In JLA/Av crossover Kyle couldn’t hold Wonder Man , in fact Wonder Man would have kicked his ass.

And his ring energy also got absorbed.

Gl ring energy can be absorbed, and Quasar can use Hal's power against him while Hal can't.

Quasar will beat Hal.

armandovalles
okay okay i give up. I ust dont wana start another Quasar vs GL thread again.

jrodslam
Originally posted by kgkg
Gl ring energy can be absorbed, and Quasar can use Hal's power against him while Hal can't.

Quasar will beat Hal.

Quasar could try to use the energy back at Hal, but Hal would just absorb back his own energy.

If im not mistaken, Quasars structures and everything are light as well. Hal could easily do the same. Absorb it? No need. Control and re-direct it.

The more powerful the energy, the harder it is for Quasar to absorb or control.

Hal beats Quasar, but that another thread.

Sentry
Quasar could try to use the energy back at Hal, but Hal would just absorb back his own energy.

If im not mistaken, Quasars structures and everything are light as well. Hal could easily do the same. Absorb it? No need. Control and re-direct it.

The more powerful the energy, the harder it is for Quasar to absorb or control.

Hal beats Quasar, but that another thread.

No he doesn't. smile

jrodslam
No he doesn't. smile

Yea he does. big grin

Sentry
Yea he does. big grin

Opinions vary big grin laughing

jrodslam
Opinions vary big grin laughing

Yes they do, pal. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.