Anyone pick up Shojo Beat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvilCap America
Shojo Beat just premired a little while ago coming in with 300+ pages some cute articles a mini-manga preview of UltraManiac a DVD with the first episode and 6 different Mangas inside including

Nana by Ai Yazawawa
Absolute Boyfriend by Yuu Watase
Godchild by Kaori Yuki
Kaze Hikaru by Taeko Watanabe
Baby and Me by Marimo Ragawa
Crimson Hero by Mitsuba Takanashi

Of course i never heard of any of these titles before i picked it up but i was still really entertained.Nice to see something i havent seen a billion times before though and ill probably keep picking it up

Anyone else got/seen it yet?Thinking about picking it up?Knew some of these titles before this release?Post here please

sai12
Oh I got it just a few days ago! I have only read a few pages of it though...I don't seem to find the time to read as much as I would like to or used to. But whave I've read and seen when I skimmed through it...it looks great!

I really am thinking of buying a subscription to it! smile

Yuna33
shojo beat is PIMP!
Absolute Boyfriend is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
........pimp.
That's really all.

YohAsakura101
hey u know i finish the magazine it is so awsome and i think the guy Riiko ordered was yes love Hot!!!!! yes love from Absolute Boyfrind

sai12
Yeah, the best story has to be Absolute Boyfriend!! I just got around to reading most if today! I can't wait to read more! Nightly was awesome!! I wish I could oder a boyfriend to my liking off the internet like that. And one with a power switch! OOh yeah! :P

EvilCap America
Originally posted by sai12
Yeah, the best story has to be Absolute Boyfriend!! I just got around to reading most if today! I can't wait to read more! Nightly was awesome!! I wish I could oder a boyfriend to my liking off the internet like that. And one with a power switch! OOh yeah! :P

My favorite was probably Crimson Hero followed by Godchild but Absolute Boyfriend was definately the funniest.Her flashback scene totally cracked me up

sai12
Godchild had the points for the weirdest...that was for sure. And had really good art. I do have to say I was intrigued enough that reading the next chapter sounds fun.

Lana
Sounds like an English version of Ribon.....I'll have to check it out.

sai12
Originally posted by Lana
Sounds like an English version of Ribon.....I'll have to check it out.

Ribon? What's that about? Which one compares to it?

Lana
Ribon is a Japanese manga magazine, it's about 350-400 pages and usually has about 10 different manga in it. The ones that are in Shojo Beat sounds like ones that would have been published in Ribon.

sai12
Oh I see! Sounds cool!! And you should check it out! I just made a check out so I can have a subscription to it! I'm excited to read more....at a discount.

Anyone else subscribing? smile

Saikuru
So I just got my hands on an exclusive shojo beat preview, it looks really good, especially Absolute Boyfriend. Reminds me of Ayashi No Ceres, heh, well of course it does. Yuu Watasi created that too. Has anyone ever heard of Ayashi No Ceres?

sai12
Hey! Shojo Beat Issue 2 is out!! I just picked it up today!! Everyone run and grab it!!

Oh and was I the only one that wasn't aware that tehy were doing a manga too? The manga book style they are doing has a completely differnet set of manga in it! I am very tempted to buy it.

Anyway, just wanted to let those who care...know its there!! smile

sai12
Gah, I can't belive more people haven't gotten this!! *weeps*

Though reading manga this way makes me feel so let down. Its all too short. I just get into reading it and bam...its done! sad

Celestialgirl
I bought this about two weeks ago, well the first one my favourites in order are Nana(I LOVE IT!!!), Godchild(I love the mystery surrounding Count Cain and the way it's in the victorian period after my friends finished reading it she called me up to tell me how much she loved it!), Absolute Boyfriend(Yuu Watase is my favourite manga creator!), Baby and Me, Crimson Hero and Kaze Hikaru. I can't wait to get the second!

ayashinoceres
I love Yu Watase!!!!!! My favourtie manga (in order) is Ayashi no Ceres (Ceres Celestial Legend), Absolute Boyfriend, Imadoki (Nowadays), Alice 19th, and Fushigi Yugi (The Mysterious Play)!!!!! Shojo Beat rocks!!! CAIN AND RIFF ARE SOOOOOO COOL!!! cool Shaman King, DN Angel, Gundam Seed, etc. rock too, but Yu Watase is my favourite manga artist/writer big grin

ayashinoceres
hey, and is that quote from book 9, Lover, of Fushigi Yugi?

ShinobiRikari
Originally posted by ayashinoceres
I love Yu Watase!!!!!! My favourtie manga (in order) is Ayashi no Ceres (Ceres Celestial Legend), Absolute Boyfriend, Imadoki (Nowadays), Alice 19th, and Fushigi Yugi (The Mysterious Play)!!!!! Shojo Beat rocks!!! CAIN AND RIFF ARE SOOOOOO COOL!!! cool Shaman King, DN Angel, Gundam Seed, etc. rock too, but Yu Watase is my favourite manga artist/writer big grin
laughing out loud I agree with your #'s 1, 4, 5, & 8.

Shojo Beat is awesome. I bought Fullmoon O Sagashite just from reading the peview.

Hey, Sai! Haven't seen you around lately.

Gah, I can't belive more people haven't gotten this!! *weeps*

Though reading manga this way makes me feel so let down. Its all too short. I just get into reading it and bam...its done! sad
That's the point, they want you to buy it.

Oh I see! Sounds cool!! And you should check it out! I just made a check out so I can have a subscription to it! I'm excited to read more....at a discount.

Anyone else subscribing? smile
I want to!

Celestialgirl
Originally posted by ayashinoceres
hey, and is that quote from book 9, Lover, of Fushigi Yugi?

Well I got it from the Anime of Fushigi Yuugi, unfortunatly I haven't bought the 8th or 9th FY manga yet, hopefully after christmas.

Takiko_4ever
Love Shojo Beats Manga's!
Right now i'm collecting nothing but Shojo's!

Celestialgirl
Yeah same here! My friends all bum the magazine off me cuz I'm the only one who buys it.

crazy_c
I'm foreign so no Monthly manga selections for me for me. *sniffs*

Anakinishott9
Ive got it too, but I like Soshi better than night..:P, I m working on getting the subscription.

Takiko_4ever
Well i wouldn't know...I like Soshi as much as I like Night!
Their both hot and cute and handsome!

Takiko_4ever
Gotta love both!

Celestialgirl
Originally posted by Anakinishott9
Ive got it too, but I like Soshi better than night..:P, I m working on getting the subscription.
I like Soshi too! My friends all like night, but I think Soshi's cooler!

Takiko_4ever
Hey hey!
Fans!
These past few days i've been looking at manga prices!
Look's like the prices are going down hill!
that means we're getting some of our manga books for cheaper!
^_^joy!^_-

Celestialgirl
That's Awesome!!!

Is anyone else pissed off that they're replacing Godchild?

Takiko_4ever
with what?
NOOOO!
what are they doing?!?!?!?!

Celestialgirl
Vampire Knight I think, it's pretty good-I read the first chapter of it and loved it, just still a little dissapointed about them replacing Godchild

XxILuvVegetaxX
wha?! i heard no such thing! TT_TT I do like Vampire Knight though...mainly because of Zero X3

Celestialgirl
Zero is way awesome! My friend and I have theory that he's a vampire but for some reason, can be in the light.

XxILuvVegetaxX
heres a spoiler...

He IS a Vampire

Celestialgirl
They replcaed Kaze Hikaru too now-it's getting annoying. If they replace anything else before it's done I think I'm gonna quit buying it, I'll just buy the shojo beat mangas instead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.