A mess up in the continuity of Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darthburgerking
Not sure if anyone here noticed it but I'd like to point out a change that Lucas made that breaks the continuity of the old films.
In episode 6 Luke asks Leia about her mom she said she died when I was very young and described her, in ROTS Padme dies giving birth making that scene make no sense, also in episode 4 Obi Wan says your mother seperated you but in ROTS she doesn't so that scene now doesn't make sense, did anyone else notice this or anyother continuity problems.

Ast Rofan
laughing out loud

Yes, everyone noticed, and overreacted.

Ken Kenobi
You and the other 9938362 other threads that have pointed this out.

Our only hope is that Georgey boy will explain himself in an interview or fix it during the upcoming TV series, but nonetheless he screwed up.

Darthburgerking
over reacted what do you mean by that he should be able to keep his own story consistent

Darth_Rankkor
Like ken said, this was already discussed like 3514646516846654361268468715654 times. Search. The thread is out there hehehehehe

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Darthburgerking
over reacted what do you mean by that he should be able to keep his own story consistent

Yes he should have, but I am not going to let that get to me, or let it effect the way I enjoyed the movie. Some people acted as though it was the end of the world.

Lana

Yeah, he should have, there're a lot of plot holes. But Lucas didn't, it's been discussed, and there are several hundred threads on this already.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Yes he should have, but I am not going to let that get to me, or let it effect the way I enjoyed the movie. Some people acted as though it was the end of the world.

agreed

kremzike
also in episode 4 Obi Wan says your mother seperated you

When in Episode IV did Obi-Wan say this?

And if you go back & read some of those threads, you'll find possible/probable explanations that don't really make it seem so bad after all. I don't think GL needs to expand on it any further anywhere.

dflood
ok maybe leais step mam died when she was young{the one bail organa took her to )

ob1 lied . he lied about a lot of things to luke ,. he was hardly going to say ''oh i brought you here to protect you from your da , oh by the way darth vader is your da '' #

done and done , . now i dont see any inconsistensies there

bilb
Originally posted by Lana
Yeah, he should have, there're a lot of plot holes. But Lucas didn't, it's been discussed, and there are several hundred threads on this already.

yup that pretty much sums it up

ZoSo
Originally posted by kremzike
When in Episode IV did Obi-Wan say this?

And if you go back & read some of those threads, you'll find possible/probable explanations that don't really make it seem so bad after all. I don't think GL needs to expand on it any further anywhere.

He meant RotJ when referencing Obi-Wan....

dflood
Originally posted by dflood
ok maybe leais step mam died when she was young{the one bail organa took her to )

ob1 lied . he lied about a lot of things to luke ,. he was hardly going to say ''oh i brought you here to protect you from your da , oh by the way darth vader is your da '' #

done and done , . now i dont see any inconsistensies there

what i said explains the 2 questions smile

kremzike
Originally posted by ZoSo
He meant RotJ when referencing Obi-Wan....

Then he screwed up even more than I thought in his post. Obi-Wan never said "mother" ever. Wrong episode and a misquote. It's bad enough this thread got started in the first place. At least put your thoughts together correctly before you post.

And, please, something also mentioned in the many other threads about this is that Luke specified "your real mother" so that Leia would know he wasn't asking about her adoptive mother.

BAILY
Not sure if anyone here noticed it but I'd like to point out a change that Lucas made that breaks the continuity of the old films.
In episode 6 Luke asks Leia about her mom she said she died when I was very young and described her, in ROTS Padme dies giving birth making that scene make no sense, also in episode 4 Obi Wan says your mother seperated you but in ROTS she doesn't so that scene now doesn't make sense, did anyone else notice this or anyother continuity problems.

You guys b!tch about stupid things like that... how about this continuity!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/General_Yoda3/CrappyPalpy.jpg

Did someone at ILM forget to digitally-impose Ian McDiarmid's face on his Stunt DOUBLE!!?!?!?! I ****ing think so!!

Boris
Whoa.. that's bad... and he is holding a different lightsaber too...

BAILY
This one is worse!!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/General_Yoda3/CrappierPalpy.jpg

Boris
So fake.. lol, but your not watching it frame by frame, I never noticed those before..

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by BAILY
This one is worse!!!

That is ****ing scary... eek!

kremzike
Originally posted by Boris
Whoa.. that's bad... and he is holding a different lightsaber too...

He's holding Anakin's saber in virtually the entire fight. The scene originally had him force grab Anakin's saber & use it to fight the masters while Anakin looked on. GL changed things & the reshoots found them changing things to how they ended up. REad the Making Of book, the latest Homing Beacon email and watch the last Webdoc for more on this if you're interested.

Those still frames do look bad, but they did change them. Ian's stunt double looks even less like that than Ian himself. I'm sure they didn't put a ton of effort into frames that would move way too quick for anyone to see this strange face replacement.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by kremzike
He's holding Anakin's saber in virtually the entire fight. The scene originally had him force grab Anakin's saber & use it to fight the masters while Anakin looked on. GL changed things & the reshoots found them changing things to how they ended up. REad the Making Of book, the latest Homing Beacon email and watch the last Webdoc for more on this if you're interested.

Those still frames do look bad, but they did change them. Ian's stunt double looks even less like that than Ian himself. I'm sure they didn't put a ton of effort into frames that would move way too quick for anyone to see this strange face replacement.

Oh, cool, nice to finally have a reason other than they ****ed up. stick out tongue Now, do you know why Anakin and OW's sabers got mixed up? stick out tongue

matreid
Originally posted by BAILY
This one is worse!!!

Why couldn't Ian do that stab himself...

Stealth Agent
hes an old geezers, thats what i hate about actors(most actors) they all need godamned stunt doubles. If i were an actor personally i'd attempt to my own stunts(if its not over the top)

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by matreid
Why couldn't Ian do that stab himself...

That shot continues on without cutting away, I think, and he must do some more complex stuff.

kremzike
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Oh, cool, nice to finally have a reason other than they ****ed up. stick out tongue Now, do you know why Anakin and OW's sabers got mixed up? stick out tongue

I've heard no official explanation for that error. One can only guess at why it happened. I figure they tried different things in the scene & one included a saber switch, and they liked the shots where the sabers were switched the best so they used them. I know they knew about it before the movie came out because someone asked Rick McCallum about it from the trailer & he commended them on spotting it. Still, I guess they thought it wasn't a big deal & left it in. Obviously, a lot of fans thought it was a big deal. smile

darthmaul1
This is frigin stupid, you are not suppose to watch a movie frame by frame LOSERS, For the normal fan the movie makers know they can get away with it. Like in EPI during the pod race, Rob coleman said at one scene Sebulba is not in his pod racer, but it is only for a split second and they new they could get away with it. same goes for the different lightsabers, How do you guys enjoy the movie looking for these dumb and pointless flaws?? as for Leia's conversation with Luke, it's quite simple, Bail must of obviously told Liea about her REAL Mother. and she had pictures of her, and that is where the memories come from, where as Luke would not of been told anything about her. And Obiwan never said that their mother separated them, the line is "to protect you both from the emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born."

Red Superfly
These kinds of mistakes do not bother me in the slightest.

We all know that wasn't Ian doing all those amazing things, so what does this prove anyway?

The only time I ever really saw anything wrong with the actors on screen was when the heroes crash land Grievous' ship, and there's a short shot which lingers on the actors long enough to tell that they are CGI. That to me was the only shot I thought that they didn't away with.

Also, I don't tend to watch movies frame by frame. I mean, come on.

darthmaul1
Yeah only LOSERS watch a movie frame by frame in order to make pointless threads.

DeVi| D0do
There was a weird shot of palpatine at the beginning of the Yoda duel... it looked really fake. It may have been a CG Ian, I can't be sure though. It just looked strange...

Mist
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Yeah only LOSERS watch a movie frame by frame in order to make pointless threads.

no expression

what is your...like...point of being here?

PadmeAmidala15

Maybe when Leia says her mom was beautiful but sad, she was talking about B. Organa's wife (ha! his initials are B.O! sorry, random thought...), i mean she was pretty, and maybe not as sad as Padme, but the whole new empire thing must have made her pretty upset... unless... i'm missing somthing, aren't i?

DeVi| D0do
Luke asks "Do you remember your mother? Your REAL mother?"

Ani's Girl
I thought about that too. Not knowing anything outside of what was in the movies, the only thing that I could think of is that Bale (sp?) Organa's wife died and he later remarried.

BAILY
Originally posted by darthmaul1

Oh you better not be dissing me bud... i was only posting those pics to get all the "real geeks" pissed..... mad And these errors dont bug me either.... i still like the whole sequence.... my fav fight

mossman

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by mossman
LEIA: "Just a little bit. She died when I was very young."
No sh*t, Leia... 2 seconds young in fact.

Seriously though I agree with what you said mossman. I don't have a problem with it. I think it would have been better though if Leia and Padme had had a little 'moment' in ROTS rather than Luke and Padme...

darthmaul1
Leia was in her longer than Luke. smile
It must be that Bail and his wife told her about Padme and that she die just after her birth, and Owen would not be able to tell Luke anything about Padme.

Ani's Girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.