Thing vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Thing: the version from one of the Fantastic Four vol. 3 issues where Franklin uses his powers to quadruple his strength.

VS

Post-Crisis Superman

Who wins?

DarkCrawler
Superman.

Dark Thor
plz tell me ur kidding me with this thread. Superman's pinky is equal to the thing

armandovalles
lol

DarkCrawler
Even if they would quadruple, Thing would be only lifting about 300-400 tons.

Superman would be lifting 250,000 tons.

Do the math.

Zod4Life
This has to be a joke.Superman would win.He wouldn't even flinch if the Thing were to punch him.

armandovalles
well in the Marvel vs DC crossover he got hurt by Professor Hulk, who is equal in strength to normal Thing, so the upraded Thing i think would be a good match for Superman.

Zod4Life
But he'd lose.

armandovalles
yea im not disagreeing the fact that the Thing would lose, im just saying that he'd only lose cuz Supes has too many powers that he can use, while Ben only has his fists. In a brawl though, i think this upgraded Thing would eventually put Supes down.

CorderaMitchell
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

supremthor
Originally posted by armandovalles
yea im not disagreeing the fact that the Thing would lose, im just saying that he'd only lose cuz Supes has too many powers that he can use, while Ben only has his fists. In a brawl though, i think this upgraded Thing would eventually put Supes down.
hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo

jrodslam
Superman beats Thing with just punches alone. No need to use the other powers.

CorderaMitchell
I agree, thing isn't up to par to handle supes along, supes could just put him in space,sorry armand.

Zod4Life

No version of the Thing can put Superman down.Not now not ever. wink

DrDoom
Yeah...especially when Supes is waaaaaaaaay above him in the speed dept.

Thing: "Hey! Ya wear your undies on da outside huh? Like a lil' baby! Guess the ever lovin' blue eyed Thing is gonna haveta span--uuuuh!!"

*Superman flies down and speedblitzes him in mid sentance*

Superman:"...anyone tell you that you talk too much?"

K3VIL
Upgraded Thing, so someone that can lift 400 tons can beat down Superman.
Yes, and I can put down Lennox Lewis using one of my fingers you know it?
Your fanboy attitude is annoying.Superman has faced guys stronger than Thing and put down them without effort.
well in the Marvel vs DC crossover he got hurt by Professor Hulk, who is equal in strength to normal Thing, so the upraded Thing i think would be a good match for Superman.
Professor Hulk gets stronger slower than Savage Hulk and faster than Grey Hulk, he was more a match than normale Thing.And Professor Hulk starts out over Thing's strenght level.
Everytime you come up with your threads trying to pull out some crappy explanantion based on mere assumptions on why Thing should be able to:
Beat Hulk
Beat Superman
Beat anyone
Golden heart and "fightning skills" are not going to help Thing.
He's not even a top rank strenght possessor, so he's not going to put down Superman.Even Superboy in his first days can put down the Thing in a brawl.

CorderaMitchell
Sorry, harsh but true, the thing couldn't beat lobo, wonderwoman, or even the flash.

Zod4Life
The Thing still can't beat Superman even if he can lift 400 tons because Superman can lift over 250,000 tons.

CorderaMitchell
Wait that makes sense.

Zod4Life
It all depends on your range of power.If the Thing could lift about 220,000 tons then he could have a betterchance but since his range is 400 tons and Superman's is 250,000,he doesn't stand a chance.Maybe if he trained a little more he could increase his power level but he doesn't train enough to increase his strength and other powers.

Hulk Power
Thing would get his a$$ handed to him.

CorderaMitchell
But thing would beat the Hulk anyday stick out tongue

armandovalles
HELL YES!

CorderaMitchell
lol, how'd the link go??

Zod4Life
The Thing can't beat the Hulk.The Hulk's strength is well over 100 tons and he just gets stronger as he gets angrier.The Thing would just make the Hulk madder trying to hurt him.

kgkg
"Quadruple his strength" -- So 400 tons

Supes can handle that easily.

He wins

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Zod4Life
The Thing can't beat the Hulk.The Hulk's strength is well over 100 tons and he just gets stronger as he gets angrier.The Thing would just make the Hulk madder trying to hurt him.

But thing has a heart, actually though there is a way for weaker characters to beat the hulk, I've mentioned it before.

Zod4Life
I haven't heard you mention it before.Can you tell me how weaker characters can beat the Hulk?

Arahan
Thing cant beat Supes.
Thing cant beat Hulk.

End of Discussion

CorderaMitchell
OK its a little rough, spiderman used it on a gamma charged character.

Hulk is schizphrenic, but of course nigh unstoppable by force alone.

Spiderman wore him down by stress and emotionally, causing the gamma effect to reverse among him, regardles of the regeneration and strain caused by previous injuries, its a long process and would take a while( hours or days), but only characters with spidermans intelligence, durability, and stamina could pull it off.

Thing wouldn't do it he's more of a one trick pony, hit and hit more for the most part.

Zod4Life
How can weaker characters beat the Hulk?I'm curious and I really want to know. smile

Zod4Life
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
OK its a little rough, spiderman used it on a gamma charged character.

Hulk is schizphrenic, but of course nigh unstoppable by force alone.

Spiderman wore him down by stress and emotionally, causing the gamma effect to reverse among him, regardles of the regeneration and strain caused by previous injuries, its a long process and would take a while( hours or days), but only characters with spidermans intelligence, durability, and stamina could pull it off.

Thing wouldn't do it he's more of a one trick pony, hit and hit more for the most part.

Thanks for the information. smile

CorderaMitchell
No prob.

and agility and speed helped of coure, or he mightve been one smashed spider.

Zod4Life
Spider-Man doesn't always use his strength.Most of the time he tries to use his brains and not brawn. yes

CorderaMitchell
Almost all the time, many of his foes are alive for that reason alone.

Wynndar
I think he is refering to the issue of FF where the FF beat the entire captain britain corps. Thing's power, along with the rest of the FF, wasnt quadrupled. It was explained how much stronger they got exactly. But they did beat all those CB's with ease once they had the power of franklin behind them. I would say the Thing's strength increase muched more than 4 fold though. Reed went from being able to stretch 1500 ft to being able to reach out into space and grab a huge starship out of orbit...Thing's strength was equally amplified.

This demonstration of Franklin's power caught the attention of Galactus and Eternity himself!!! I wouldnt downplay it...in that state the FF would hand the JLA their asses.

Wynndar
oh but back to subject...with a strength increase of 4-fold the Thing's chances of beating superman would be no better than normal

armandovalles
yea that was it. Franklin actually said he "timesed unca ben's muscles by 4"

Wynndar
regardless, Reed described the change...his powers had essentially changed, he was doing stuff he had never been capable of. And the increase of 1500ft to hundreds of miles of stretching is greater than 4-fold. So its implied that the Thing's strength was probably increased by a factor greater than 4.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.