Do any of your friends do this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Ok, this is gonna seem kinda weird. But I have this friend who randomly breaks out into an english accent when she talks. It's kinda weird. When she's explaining something she'll start talking in the queen's english, when she's pissed she starts yelling in either a liverpudlian or cockney accent, and occasionally she sprinkles her metaphors with gaellic!!! Here's the thing though, SHE'S NEVER BEEN OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND HAS HAD NO DIRECT PROLONGED CONTACT WITH ANYONE FROM THE UK UNTIL LAST SEMESTER AT COLLEGE!!! It's funny, but it's also kinda creepy, like she's channeling dead Britons.

Deano
she starts speakin like a scouser?
scary

*Georgina_A*
laughing out loud

Um...No messed At least I hope not confused

Gryn Jabar
Slap her **** and tell her to snap out of it. Then run like the dickens when she realises what you just did.

The Omega
Sounds like the young lady in question just wants - and is getting - attention. yes

silver_tears
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Ok, this is gonna seem kinda weird. But I have this friend who randomly breaks out into an english accent when she talks. It's kinda weird. When she's explaining something she'll start talking in the queen's english, when she's pissed she starts yelling in either a liverpudlian or cockney accent, and occasionally she sprinkles her metaphors with gaellic!!! Here's the thing though, SHE'S NEVER BEEN OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND HAS HAD NO DIRECT PROLONGED CONTACT WITH ANYONE FROM THE UK UNTIL LAST SEMESTER AT COLLEGE!!! It's funny, but it's also kinda creepy, like she's channeling dead Britons.

First off I'll start by saying I love your sig and avvy laughing out loud

Secondly, me and my friends do that too, only when we're alone though bag we bust into accents

GCG
Versatile accents eh ? interesting. ask her to send me her portfolio

PVS
if she's just making fun then whatever.
if she's pulling a 'madonna' and fakes the accent to seem exotic, slap the shit out of her until she comes around.

Echuu
Yeah I got a couple friends who do this. I also do but not randomly. Just some words I subconsciously say in British. It's odd.

Morning_Glory

no.. i have friends who break out in a Lousianna accent.. but thats pretty normal erm

no english stuff here

GuitarBunny
i sometimes accidently do either a southern or english accent while i'm speaking it's weird embarrasment

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by The Omega
Sounds like the young lady in question just wants - and is getting - attention. yes

You robbed my first thought!

IceWithin
Originally posted by silver_tears
First off I'll start by saying I love your sig and avvy laughing out loud

Secondly, me and my friends do that too, only when we're alone though bag we bust into accents

me too embarrasment

BlackC@t
Me and a friend sometimes break out into an american accent.

*Puts on an american accent* "I'm a yank!" eek!

Imaginary
My friends say I sound slightly Kiwi sometimes erm

Lana
My little sister will always randomly start speaking in a British accent, yet she's never been to England or anything roll eyes (sarcastic)

Imaginary
Maybe she picked it up from you stick out tongue

Lana
Nope, I can't do accents to save my life stick out tongue and she did it before I went to England....though she started doing it more since I got back to tease me roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tptmanno1
Wonder why.......

Lana
Shut up stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
hehehe

Imaginary
whistle

Imperial_Samura
I must admit that at times I will ham up a good Irish accent, but then I do have a contact with many a merry Irishman (the joys of family heritage, sigh)

cad
is this a joke. confused

Red Superfly
I tend to talk a lot in a Sir Ian McKelleny way and talk with Tolkien words - usually when being sarcastic.

Or, if I'm imitating someone, I do them with a Terrance and Philip accent just to annoy them.

As for changing my regional accent to account for my emotions - no. That is sick, perverted and just plain wrong and anyone that does it SHOULD BE SHOT!

/sensationalism

mechmoggy
All my friends speak with British accents. yes

sk8stuff09
sometimes in mid sentence i will speak with a strong austrailian accent and then i go back to normal american

Deano
when me and my mate are walking around we start speakin to each other in an american accent..people always stare at us

saying things like' hey its great over here in england man, fukin awesome!'

Darth Jello
i've just never heard anyone in this country use the words "bellend" or "pooftah" so much, especialy in the context of discussing emily bronte

LLG
Sometimes I would break into either an english or southern accent, but it's not really obvious or strong. I would accidently pronounce a word with that accent, but then go back into my normal voice.

Imperial_Samura
Ock Aye!!!

Raven Guardia

I do that,...but I do it on purpose for fun.

does she do it on purpose or not?

dark1365
I sometimes go southern accent on my friends sometimes.

Raven Guardia
yeah,..My friends and I do the whole British and Romainan accent.

never southern though.

GCG
Originally posted by dark1365
I sometimes go southern accent on my friends sometimes.

yeah i noticed that in some of your posts eek!

dark1365
Originally posted by GCG
yeah i noticed that in some of your posts eek!
Wow that was kinda flattering, haha.....

Darth Jello
she doesn't notice when she does it unless you call her on it

KharmaDog
Call her on it every time. A simple,"why the hell are you talking like that?" would be sufficient to cause embarassment.

Or everytime she does it do your own accent, but do it very bad.

Sometimes it's o.k. to have fun at a friend's expense. This is one of those times. smile

botankus
Every once in a while I'll catch myself talking in an Arabian, Chinese, or Zimbabwean accent and sometimes I'll have one from the Land of Ice and Snow.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by botankus
Every once in a while I'll catch myself talking in an Arabian, Chinese, or Zimbabwean accent and sometimes I'll have one from the Land of Ice and Snow.

Land o' icensnow eh? Dat's cool, right on eh! Wud das that sound like?

hockey Hockey anyone? hockey

Darth Jello
well, i would find it amusing if the term "bellend" entered the american lexicon. not pooftah though, we have enough derogatory terms for gay people

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.