S.O.S./The Sayings Of Scarecrow.............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Alright folks, I need help here.......its from the Loeb/Sale story "The Long Halloween", chapter 10: Independence Day. Scarecrow and the Mad Hatter have just begun looting the Gotham Bank Deposit and are making insane small talk in the process. After the Hatter finishes quoting the Walrus and the Carpenter, the Scarecrow begins reciting the following: "The King was in his counting house, counting out his money. The Queen was in the parlor, eating bread and honey. The maid was in the garden, hanging out the clothes. When down came a blackbird--" and before he can complete the recital the Dark Knight swoops in and begins to beat the snot out of the two villains. My question is: From what song, poem, or book was the Scarecrow reciting? Does anyone know how the rest of it goes? batman

Impediment
I take that as a "no", hmm? yes

Sileas
i will fling this over to my sister and her hubby and see if they come up with anything..... it sounds familiar to me, and I'm 'fraid I can't come up with anything else.

Impediment
Thanx.

Sileas
*ding!* your order is in.

Sing a song of six pence, pocket full of rye... Bruce gave me that.
That's the name of the rhyme, at least the "sixpence" part. But I got
the last bit myself - "down came a blackbird and snipped off her nose,"
which is of course what makes it fit the situation. smile

copied from my sister's email. whose husband's name, as it happens, is Bruce.

Impediment
thanx! wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.