The bible says earth is only 7000 yerars old science says it is 5,000,000,000 Y.o

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XxoooxX
In the beginging of the bible it says earth was about 6000 7000 years old or somthig like that.

But science says that the earth is like 5 billian years old

The oldest rocks which have been found so far (on the Earth) date to about 3.8 to 3.9 billion years ago (by several radiometric dating methods). Some of these rocks are sedimentary, and include minerals which are themselves as old as 4.1 to 4.2 billion years. Rocks of this age are relatively rare, however rocks that are at least 3.5 billion years in age have been found on North America, Greenland, Australia, Africa, and Asia.

XxoooxX
Since the bible was writen when they didin't know how old the earth was, they probibly just guessed. They were way off

Shakyamunison
Numerology is the study of numbers and their meanings. 7000 years is symbolic, what it means; I don't know.

XxoooxX
Accuelly it said 5000 years old

XxoooxX
And the bible was talking about the are of the earth.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by XxoooxX
Accuelly it said 5000 years old

OK 5000... I think it's symbolic, nothing more.

Jackie Malfoy
Well then who should we believe!A couple of man or god?jm

Echuu
In the beginging of the bible it says earth was about 6000 7000 years old or somthig like that.

The oldest rocks which have been found so far (on the Earth) date to about 3.8 to 3.9 billion years ago (by several radiometric dating methods). Some of these rocks are sedimentary, and include minerals which are themselves as old as 4.1 to 4.2 billion years. Rocks of this age are relatively rare, however rocks that are at least 3.5 billion years in age have been found on North America, Greenland, Australia, Africa, and Asia.

Science also said that there would be tons and tons of dust on the moon when they landed; but they were wrong.

XxoooxX
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Well then who should we believe!A couple of man or god?jm

Men, god may be made up! stick out tongue

XxoooxX
Originally posted by Echuu
Science also said that there would be tons and tons of dust on the moon when they landed; but they were wrong.

Well the bible said that god was comeing to earth in the year 2000 He diding laughing out loud

XxoooxX
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
OK 5000... I think it's symbolic, nothing more.

Symbolic? the bible was being spacific.

Shakyamunison
Symbolic? the bible was being spacific.

My opinion only: all of the bible is symbolic none of it is meant to be a history book. It tells trues about us not facts. No one who wrote the bible cared how old Earth was just that there was a beginning.

Bicnarok

XxoooxX

Echuu
Well the bible said that god was comeing to earth in the year 2000 He diding laughing out loud

And where does it say that? wink

debbiejo
No the Bible doesn't say that anywhere.....Otherwise people wouldn't have been waiting and date setting for 2 thousand years.

XxoooxX
Well a lot of cristians said that I could get saved if I pray with them. He told me that jesus was comeing in the year 2000 and that if I prayed with him my sol would be saved.

XxoooxX
Just a bunch of bullshit to me

Echuu
Well once again its 'those' Christians that are setting a bad example of what we are.

HimoKun
It never said how old the Earth is.

XxoooxX
form the time it says god created adem and eve. To our age is 5000 or 6000 years old stick out tongue

markie
Men, god may be made up! stick out tongue

Darthburgerking
why are people saying stuff like oh scine said there'd be dust on the moon yeah so science is wrong sometimes, but the thought that the earth is only around 5000 years is just stupid, there giving a specific time and it's wrong, for god sakes people that means dinosaurs were around only 4000 years ago, it's so inaccurate it's funny laughing

finti
that is BS, my mother in law is older than that

debbiejo
So she's a fossil?

finti
sure is and acting up as well big grin

markie
There has to be a span of time between verses 1 and 2 of genesis.

The MISTER
If the earth was actually millions and millions of years old as science SPECULATES then by now it would have been destroyed by the science of probability and odds.

Without God to protect it and only science to defend us from the millions of rocks floating through space the earth is similar to an ant in comparison to size and the likeliness of being crushed by something much larger.

It's a little bit ridiculous to assume that the earth has been spared by luck alone long enough for EVERYTHING to evolve into what it is today utilizing millions and millions of years.

That's like saying an ant with a lifespan of 5,000,000 years can cover every square inch of land on a continent and it's LUCK will keep it from being crushed by the billions of things that are large enough to bring about it's UNTIMELY END.

Time is something that we, being finite, can not truly comprehend not being a factor that applies to EVERYTHING we are FAMILIAR with.

I'm guessing that the earth was created as fully mature as Adam was, for he was in full maturity and the infancy wasn't neccesary. That confounds science because time is part of scientific analysis.

finti
who said it has been spared, and since we are in on ridiculose, a god?

sounds like your faith aint all that strong since you are guessing

FeceMan
Really? Would you mind pointing out that passage of scripture? 'Cause, without it, your point is void and your ignorance is showing.

fruits
Since the bible was writen when they didin't know how old the earth was, they probibly just guessed. They were way off
exactly. remember, not everything in the bible is true. god didnt write it. a bunch of random ppl wrote it. ok, not random, but u get the point. its just like what they believed at the time.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by The MISTER
If the earth was actually millions and millions of years old as science SPECULATES then by now it would have been destroyed by the science of probability and odds.

Without God to protect it and only science to defend us from the millions of rocks floating through space the earth is similar to an ant in comparison to size and the likeliness of being crushed by something much larger.

It's a little bit ridiculous to assume that the earth has been spared by luck alone long enough for EVERYTHING to evolve into what it is today utilizing millions and millions of years.

That's like saying an ant with a lifespan of 5,000,000 years can cover every square inch of land on a continent and it's LUCK will keep it from being crushed by the billions of things that are large enough to bring about it's UNTIMELY END.

Time is something that we, being finite, can not truly comprehend not being a factor that applies to EVERYTHING we are FAMILIAR with.

I'm guessing that the earth was created as fully mature as Adam was, for he was in full maturity and the infancy wasn't neccesary. That confounds science because time is part of scientific analysis.

The earth has been hit many of times.I saw a show on astroids and I think the last major hit was in the 19th century(could be wrong).The earth is able to heal itself fairly well though oppossed to the moon which realy can't.

debbiejo
Originally posted by mr.smiley
The earth has been hit many of times.I saw a show on astroids and I think the last major hit was in the 19th century(could be wrong).The earth is able to heal itself fairly well though oppossed to the moon which realy can't.

Yesterday NASA hit a comet a real BIG BANG.....It would poof....good experiment for a real threat!!!

The MISTER
Originally posted by finti
who said it has been spared, and since we are in on ridiculose, a god?

sounds like your faith aint all that strong since you are guessing Do you know the definition of spared? obviously not.

Guessing goes hand in hand with not knowing everything. I guess you don't know what a theory is either right along with not knowing the definition of faith.

That's ok though, nobody's perfect. smokin'

finti
you know the history of this earth obviously not

I guess you aint all that smart.........big grin
what a load a crap I delt with theorys and the likes while you were still in diapers.

If you know a thing you know it, if you guessing you might be wrong wich means you dont know it.

faith so what definition do you want , the one where it is synonomus with belief and trust, the allegiance one or just the plain one

The MISTER
you know the history of this earth obviously not

I guess you aint all that smart.........big grin
what a load a crap I delt with theorys and the likes while you were still in diapers.

If you know a thing you know it, if you guessing you might be wrong wich means you dont know it.

faith so what definition do you want , the one where it is synonomus with belief and trust, the allegiance one or just the plain one

The reason that I said guess in my first post is because I don't know the 100% history of the earth.

I really could care less how old you are I know that YOU don't know the 100% history of the earth either.

For you to imply that you DO know the 100% history of the earth despite not having been around for over 1000 years just shows a level of arrogance because I KNOW you can't even name someone who DOES know the 100% history of the earth.

You are making guesses as well but have enough faith in your guesses to state them as facts. No matter how educated a guess is it still remains a guess.

Also I don't see what difference it makes that you have dealt with theories before because there are some that you can't prove or disprove.

I'll continue to say "I guess" on things that I'm not absolutely positive about because I wouldn't want to accidentally mislead anyone.

If you desire, you can say "I know" about things that you're not absolutely positive about.

We all have a free will, right? smokin'

finti
so what you did here was just continue onto what I already mentioned

your question was so suddenly you stray away from the original assumption you had, but then again maybe you can guess your way to the rest............

The MISTER
I guess that your last post was supposed to make sense...

And like I stated before I KNOW better than to believe everything a man may say simply because he also says he knows everything.

I have faith in my fellow man but I place more faith in my creator. The simple reason is because men are constantly changing their beliefs, facts, theories, traditions, and ideals.

Since no man is perfect then how can I believe in what a man presents to me as perfect?

For something to be considered to be perfect there must be an example of perfection to compare it to. Almost doesn't count and the difference between perfection and imperfection is as staggering as the difference between finite and infinite.

Many people try to say that the Bible isn't perfect and have gathered evidence to prove it's imperfection.

I believe that the Bible is read by those that are less than perfect (All of us) and will never be viewed as perfect to those who decide that it is flawed. That's an example of free will, making that decision. Truly nobody who disregards the Bible does it because it has shown itself to be a book that teaches men to hate each other or kill each other without reason. It's not a book that condemns men for their skin color or nationality. It is a book that says love your enemies and love your neighbors.

It's a good book and there is not one of us that ARE GOOD. (we may DO good but that's NOT the same)

I believe in God/love/perfection so I believe in miracles. That's why I know that I can find truth in the Bible by having faith in God. Without the faith it's just something you're reading.

I know that I'm not perfect and that I don't know everything so I won't purposely lie to myself or anyone else and say that I'm positive about something that I'm not positive about. That is arrogance and nothing else.

My question is: Do you know the 100% history of the earth?

CorderaMitchell
Great points. Mister!!

debbiejo
For something to be considered to be perfect there must be an example of perfection to compare it to. Almost doesn't count and the difference between perfection and imperfection is as staggering as the difference between finite and infinite.

Many people try to say that the Bible isn't perfect and have gathered evidence to prove it's imperfection.

It's just as perfect as this.

http://www.askwhy.co.uk/judaism/index.html

And this.http://www.askwhy.co.uk/judaism/0237SunGod.html

But to live by Jesus words is a good thing....and that was to love each other.

The MISTER
I'm not sure whether or not you were trying to agree or disagree with my previous post debbiejo but I found the websites that you posted to be quite interesting.

I'm not surprised that men have gathered much evidence to prove that the Bible is not perfect and contains many errors.

I will never believe that God is so powerless that he can't even send a message without having it messed up in some way. If the Bible is just one of the many flawed creations of men then I would think that it would be obviously incorrect to many christians.

If the Bible is true then the devil is a liar. That is no small thing as only part of the truth has to be changed to make it an untruth. Men are arrogant and prideful and believe in themselves quite often.

Emotions (such as pride) can be manipulated by people, so why would anyone think that the enemy of God and man can not manipulate men in far more devious and subtle ways than humans can.

If the Bible is perfect then the prince of lies must discredit that perfection with evidence that appears perfect. The only thing that one can do when faced with such evidence is to have faith.

God exists and that should be obvious as the only thing that is flawed in this world is death.

I also believe that he is capable of protecting his word from the devil just like he protected his three servants in the fiery furnace. Note that the fire kept burning and destroyed their bonds and killed some gaurds. The fire stayed and did what it was supposed to do, it was no less dangerous. God protected what was his from what should have destroyed it because of the faith displayed.

I have faith that no matter how accurate outside sources seem to be they cannot burn away the accuracy of Gods truth.

Peace fam. smokin'

And thanks Cordera! What you been up to? cool

BlackC@t
Facts have no place within organised religion stick out tongue

fruits
I'm not sure whether or not you were trying to agree or disagree with my previous post debbiejo but I found the websites that you posted to be quite interesting.

I'm not surprised that men have gathered much evidence to prove that the Bible is not perfect and contains many errors.

I will never believe that God is so powerless that he can't even send a message without having it messed up in some way. If the Bible is just one of the many flawed creations of men then I would think that it would be obviously incorrect to many christians.

If the Bible is true then the devil is a liar. That is no small thing as only part of the truth has to be changed to make it an untruth. Men are arrogant and prideful and believe in themselves quite often.

Emotions (such as pride) can be manipulated by people, so why would anyone think that the enemy of God and man can not manipulate men in far more devious and subtle ways than humans can.

If the Bible is perfect then the prince of lies must discredit that perfection with evidence that appears perfect. The only thing that one can do when faced with such evidence is to have faith.

God exists and that should be obvious as the only thing that is flawed in this world is death.

I also believe that he is capable of protecting his word from the devil just like he protected his three servants in the fiery furnace. Note that the fire kept burning and destroyed their bonds and killed some gaurds. The fire stayed and did what it was supposed to do, it was no less dangerous. God protected what was his from what should have destroyed it because of the faith displayed.

I have faith that no matter how accurate outside sources seem to be they cannot burn away the accuracy of Gods truth.

Peace fam. smokin'

And thanks Cordera! What you been up to? cool
dude you rock. awesome points. so you say death is flawed, howso? the fact that we aren't sure what happens after, the the process of death itself has flaws??

The MISTER
Originally posted by fruits
dude you rock. awesome points. so you say death is flawed, howso? the fact that we aren't sure what happens after, the the process of death itself has flaws??

Thanks man! cool

Actually my statement about death is purely theoretical because death is beyond my understanding.

It just seems to me that it is not something that God loves and just like hatred is not something that he willed on the earth. It is something that was a byproduct of the mis-use of free will.

God owns everything and everyone but free will probably started with the angels. If they never had free will then there would be no devil.

Free will is something that is NOT controlled and is therefore unpredictable to at least some degree.

An example... If you own a dog then he's you're property, and if you keep him in a cage or in the house or on a leash he is always in your control. You give him freedom and release your control and you hope that he doesn't get himself killed by running in the street or crapping in the trigger happy neighbors yard but if you have freed him then these things may happen and you may regret your decision to set him loose.

Humankind ran away from home after being set free and death became a factor after this show of disobedience. It's still quite a mystery though and that's all just a theory of my own.

Peace. smokin'

finti
nobody does, but we know a great deal about the earths history

how so, the devil just got a different view on it all. That doesnt make the devil a liar

to this I agree, but only one question though. Making assumption into what you have no clues to what so ever aint that arrogance as well?

Chibi Boy

So where'd all the ground come from that covered the bones? If its dust moved from other areas of earth, wouldn't it have decreased in the other areas? Or if its dust randomly from space, there still wouldn't be much of it because of what happend with the moon.

And also, if the scientists were true and the moon should be covered in moon dust, then the moon + earth + universe haven't been around for as long as they say it is.

Chibi Boy
AND why is the bible there saying believed true stories if its all fake? Is their anything else thats beleived to have been around so long that tells of the past?

debbiejo
Greek mythology...

Chibi Boy
And does anyone even beleive in that anymore?

Chibi Boy
Has anything it said come true since it was created?

finti
Buddhism has been around longer than chrisitanity so

The MISTER
nobody does, but we know a great deal about the earths history

how so, the devil just got a different view on it all. That doesnt make the devil a liar

to this I agree, but only one question though. Making assumption into what you have no clues to what so ever aint that arrogance as well?

I said IF the Bible is true. I believe that it is. Everyone else can account for themself as far as what they believe to be true or untrue.

I'm not clueless in any assumption that I may make but that doesn't change the fact that if I can't present physical evidence then it remains an idea that is based on faith and not hard evidence.

What would be arrogant would be to say that I am not incorrect in any way or that I am not capable of misinterperating something that seems simple but possibly has a deeper meaning.

That's why I feel that it is important not to speak as if I have the last word on a subject that I know is too complex for me to understand fully.

I will however speak with authority on the things that have been proven to be the truth. I can say that there is NOTHING in the bible that I can prove to be untrue but there are many things in the bible that I have witnessed to be the truth. I believe that it is 100% truth despite the fact that I don't understand it 100%. But I'm happy to admit that my belief is faith based.

The best example that I can think of is the book of Proverbs. I have found that all of the writings in this book are true and none of them are false. I also prefer the old text ( thee, thus, thy) because it's the oldest form of english that I know of and that is the language that I speak.

I'm somewhat wary of an english to english translation because I worry that when you translate something from one language to the same language then the only thing that is truly changed is the message.
However I know that if one truly desires to know the truth then they will find it eventually.

And you stated that "we" know alot about the history of the earth. I'm glad that many people do. I know however that I am only accountable for what I believe to be true and untrue and that the same is the situation for every individual including yourself. "WE" are all very very unique and I know that there has never been and there will never again be another "you" or another "me".

So I hope that YOU are not lucky, but rather blessed with much happiness and wisdom for "we" can never have too much of either.

Peace. smokin'

Chibi Boy
Buddhism has been around longer than chrisitanity so

True, yet, Why would there be more than one god? and has thier holy book made any predictions that have come true?

finti
why shouldnt there be more than one god

how much of the biblical prediction can be 100% verified to have come true beyond any doubt at all, and that they were written before these so called predicted events

Mr. Charlie

Actually, the Gospels repeatedly place Jesus's return in his OWN generation. When Jesus spoke of the kingdom of god on earth he meant in that generation. So either he was a lair or more likely, made delusional by his own religious stupor. It has been the tradition of church fathers to deceive their flock by leaving out these passages and preaching that "The end is near". Well, it didn't happen in 1000 AD as advertised, it didn't happen in 2000 AD either. It never will.

Mr. Charlie
I said IF the Bible is true. I believe that it is. Everyone else can account for themself as far as what they believe to be true or untrue.

I'm not clueless in any assumption that I may make but that doesn't change the fact that if I can't present physical evidence then it remains an idea that is based on faith and not hard evidence.

What would be arrogant would be to say that I am not incorrect in any way or that I am not capable of misinterperating something that seems simple but possibly has a deeper meaning.

That's why I feel that it is important not to speak as if I have the last word on a subject that I know is too complex for me to understand fully.

I will however speak with authority on the things that have been proven to be the truth. I can say that there is NOTHING in the bible that I can prove to be untrue but there are many things in the bible that I have witnessed to be the truth. I believe that it is 100% truth despite the fact that I don't understand it 100%. But I'm happy to admit that my belief is faith based.

The best example that I can think of is the book of Proverbs. I have found that all of the writings in this book are true and none of them are false. I also prefer the old text ( thee, thus, thy) because it's the oldest form of english that I know of and that is the language that I speak.

I'm somewhat wary of an english to english translation because I worry that when you translate something from one language to the same language then the only thing that is truly changed is the message.
However I know that if one truly desires to know the truth then they will find it eventually.

And you stated that "we" know alot about the history of the earth. I'm glad that many people do. I know however that I am only accountable for what I believe to be true and untrue and that the same is the situation for every individual including yourself. "WE" are all very very unique and I know that there has never been and there will never again be another "you" or another "me".

So I hope that YOU are not lucky, but rather blessed with much happiness and wisdom for "we" can never have too much of either.

Peace. smokin'

We are told the Bible has no scientific errors, yet it says the bat is a bird (Lev. 11:13,19), hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:5-6), and some fowl (Lev. 11:20-21) and insects (Lev. 11:22-23) have four legs.

How could Moses have written the first five books in the Bible (the Pentateuch) when his own death and burial are described in Deut. 34:5-6 ("So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab ... and he buried him in a valley. . . ."wink?

Surely you don't believe Eccl. 1:9 RSV ("What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; there is nothing new under the sun"wink? How many cities had an atomic bomb dropped on them prior to 1945, and how many people walked on the moon before 1969?

Either you've never read the the bible, Lack comprehension skills or CHOOSE not believe what your own eyes tell you.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Mr. Charlie
Actually, the Gospels repeatedly place Jesus's return in his OWN generation. When Jesus spoke of the kingdom of god on earth he meant in that generation. So either he was a lair or more likely, made delusional by his own religious stupor. It has been the tradition of church fathers to deceive their flock by leaving out these passages and preaching that "The end is near". Well, it didn't happen in 1000 AD as advertised, it didn't happen in 2000 AD either. It never will.
Do you have any proof of this, or are you pulling it out of your ass?

Taxonomy was not around then, that's why. Species probably became extinct.

Perhaps it was added as a historical annotation. Or perhaps, when Moses 'laid hands on' Joshua, he was filled with the 'spirit of wisdom' and so was given Moses' authority/voice or whatever.

Because the writer was depressed and probably meant more general terms (as in, humans continue to live and die; life sucks and, in the end, there's no real point to it because the same things happen over and over).

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan
Do you have any proof of this, or are you pulling it out of your ass?

Actually Fece....many churches teach that....the Reformed church is one of them......Also mentioned in some Gnostic's Gospels.....

And that when Jesus was talking about the great day of the lord, or people leaving what they were doing and head for the hills, not going back for anything in their house....He was referring to the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD....If you read Josephus writings on that time period....It was a horrendous time...the people were trapped and surrounded by the Roman solders...and resorted too cannibalism....I think it was Josephus's writings.....

Chibi Boy
why shouldnt there be more than one god

how much of the biblical prediction can be 100% verified to have come true beyond any doubt at all, and that they were written before these so called predicted events

They already have come true, the Bible said that God made man from earth and science has proven that humans are made out of the same things as, dirt which is earth. They said that god made the stars (also meaning planets, but they didn't know they existed when it was wrote) as large, shapeless objects (which are techinically spheres because they have no corners.) They also said other things which were also proved right by science itself.

DirectorFitz

There is no where in the Bible that claims that.

Adam_PoE
The Bible makes many claims, a number of which are untrue:

God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (Genesis 1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them?

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (Genesis 1:14-19).

God makes two lights: "the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night." But the moon is not a light, but only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky? (Genesis 1:16)

All animals were originally herbivores. Tapeworms, vampire bats, mosquitoes, and barracudas -- all were strict vegetarians, as they were created by God. (Genesis 1:30)

After making the animals, God has Adam name them all. The naming of several million species must have kept Adam busy for a while. However, we still don't have names for all of them. Ten thousand new species of insects are discovered and named each year. (Genesis 2:18-22)

God curses the serpent. From now on the serpent will crawl on his belly and eat dust. One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps? But snakes don't eat dust, do they? (Genesis 3:14)

Because Adam listened to Eve, God cursed the ground and causes thorns and thistles to grow. Before this, according to the Genesis story, plants had no natural defenses. The rose had no thorn, cacti were spineless, holly leaves were smooth, and the nettle had no sting. Foxgloves, oleander, and milkweeds were all perfectly safe to eat. (Genesis 3:17)

There were giants in the earth in those days." Well, I suppose it's good to know that. But why is there no archaeological evidence for the existence of these giants? (Genesis 6:4)

I could go on and on and on and on...

Chibi Boy
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The Bible makes many claims, a number of which are untrue:

God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (Genesis 1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them?

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (Genesis 1:14-19).

God makes two lights: "the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night." But the moon is not a light, but only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky? (Genesis 1:16)

All animals were originally herbivores. Tapeworms, vampire bats, mosquitoes, and barracudas -- all were strict vegetarians, as they were created by God. (Genesis 1:30)

After making the animals, God has Adam name them all. The naming of several million species must have kept Adam busy for a while. However, we still don't have names for all of them. Ten thousand new species of insects are discovered and named each year. (Genesis 2:18-22)

God curses the serpent. From now on the serpent will crawl on his belly and eat dust. One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps? But snakes don't eat dust, do they? (Genesis 3:14)

Because Adam listened to Eve, God cursed the ground and causes thorns and thistles to grow. Before this, according to the Genesis story, plants had no natural defenses. The rose had no thorn, cacti were spineless, holly leaves were smooth, and the nettle had no sting. Foxgloves, oleander, and milkweeds were all perfectly safe to eat. (Genesis 3:17)

There were giants in the earth in those days." Well, I suppose it's good to know that. But why is there no archaeological evidence for the existence of these giants? (Genesis 6:4)

I could go on and on and on and on...

"God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (Genesis 1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them?"
Because of time my friend, just because there is no sun or moon, doesn't mean its not 2:00 am or pm.. He didn't make the sun or the moon, yet he seperated shadow and light in the physics of the universe.

"Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (Genesis 1:14-19)." He's god so he could have provided them with light himself.

"All animals were originally herbivores. Tapeworms, vampire bats, mosquitoes, and barracudas -- all were strict vegetarians, as they were created by God. (Genesis 1:30)"
They were all vegetarians, untill Adam and Eve ate from the sacred tree when some decided to eat meat. They passed it on to their cubs etc. At the start Vampire Bats etc probably didn't even exist, they were probably bred to drink blood or adapted to it.

"After making the animals, God has Adam name them all. The naming of several million species must have kept Adam busy for a while. However, we still don't have names for all of them. Ten thousand new species of insects are discovered and named each year. (Genesis 2:18-22)"
As i said before, Breeding,thats why there's so many, and humans have forgotten most of the names after god seperated peoples languages.

"God curses the serpent. From now on the serpent will crawl on his belly and eat dust. One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps? But snakes don't eat dust, do they? (Genesis 3:14)" To eat dust was a figure of speach, before they lost their legs they were probably a race of reptiles with legs, like normal lizards. The other reptiles that had legs didn't get the curse because they didn't do anything wrong. So now the serpent goes around on its belly with its head close to the floor(eating dust).

"Because Adam listened to Eve, God cursed the ground and causes thorns and thistles to grow. Before this, according to the Genesis story, plants had no natural defenses. The rose had no thorn, cacti were spineless, holly leaves were smooth, and the nettle had no sting. Foxgloves, oleander, and milkweeds were all perfectly safe to eat. (Genesis 3:17)"
Yes, you could have eaten them then. They had no defence as god wanted everyone to be able to eat freely and easily(as they didn't eat meat).

"There were giants in the earth in those days." Well, I suppose it's good to know that. But why is there no archaeological evidence for the existence of these giants? (Genesis 6:4)"
For the same reason you don't find dinosaur bones in your back yard I suppose, acording to the bible and also proven by science, a long time ago there was a large cloud of water protecting the world from rays of the sun and such, so people lived longer because the rays didn't shorten their lives, people used to live to amazing ages such as 905 years old. When there was Noahs flood thats when it all came down and people didn't live as long since then and god has also shortened it more since. The remains of people probably rotted away. There is just as many remains found of giants than there has been of monkey-men which would still be around if the earth was the odd 500,000,000 year old.

finti
and how did they, carnivores, refrain from cleaning house on the ark then?

Chibi Boy
They probably fed the carnivores fish.

finti
so how did they have time to fish, when taken the cosideration there where more animlas to feed than there weer hours in a day for such a few as Noah and his lot where?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Chibi Boy
"God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (Genesis 1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them?"
Because of time my friend, just because there is no sun or moon, doesn't mean its not 2:00 am or pm.. He didn't make the sun or the moon, yet he seperated shadow and light in the physics of the universe.

"Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (Genesis 1:14-19)." He's god so he could have provided them with light himself.

"All animals were originally herbivores. Tapeworms, vampire bats, mosquitoes, and barracudas -- all were strict vegetarians, as they were created by God. (Genesis 1:30)"
They were all vegetarians, untill Adam and Eve ate from the sacred tree when some decided to eat meat. They passed it on to their cubs etc. At the start Vampire Bats etc probably didn't even exist, they were probably bred to drink blood or adapted to it.

"After making the animals, God has Adam name them all. The naming of several million species must have kept Adam busy for a while. However, we still don't have names for all of them. Ten thousand new species of insects are discovered and named each year. (Genesis 2:18-22)"
As i said before, Breeding,thats why there's so many, and humans have forgotten most of the names after god seperated peoples languages.

"God curses the serpent. From now on the serpent will crawl on his belly and eat dust. One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps? But snakes don't eat dust, do they? (Genesis 3:14)" To eat dust was a figure of speach, before they lost their legs they were probably a race of reptiles with legs, like normal lizards. The other reptiles that had legs didn't get the curse because they didn't do anything wrong. So now the serpent goes around on its belly with its head close to the floor(eating dust).

"Because Adam listened to Eve, God cursed the ground and causes thorns and thistles to grow. Before this, according to the Genesis story, plants had no natural defenses. The rose had no thorn, cacti were spineless, holly leaves were smooth, and the nettle had no sting. Foxgloves, oleander, and milkweeds were all perfectly safe to eat. (Genesis 3:17)"
Yes, you could have eaten them then. They had no defence as god wanted everyone to be able to eat freely and easily(as they didn't eat meat).

"There were giants in the earth in those days." Well, I suppose it's good to know that. But why is there no archaeological evidence for the existence of these giants? (Genesis 6:4)"
For the same reason you don't find dinosaur bones in your back yard I suppose, acording to the bible and also proven by science, a long time ago there was a large cloud of water protecting the world from rays of the sun and such, so people lived longer because the rays didn't shorten their lives, people used to live to amazing ages such as 905 years old. When there was Noahs flood thats when it all came down and people didn't live as long since then and god has also shortened it more since. The remains of people probably rotted away. There is just as many remains found of giants than there has been of monkey-men which would still be around if the earth was the odd 500,000,000 year old.

You must be joking.

ushomefree
This is a hot topic for Christians. I don't understand what all the fuss is about? It's all trivial in the scheme of things. Faith in Jesus is all that matters!

Some people view the accounts in Genesis as 6 literal days, and others, long periods of time. Knowledge of the solar system and distant galaxies, verify that our dying planet is more than 6,000 years old. If Earth were thousands of years old, and not billions... Earth would be nothing more than Hydrogen gas; completely unstable for life. Yes, God did create the heavens and the earth... but not in 144 hours. That is much too rapid.

There is nothing wrong with this debate. No hits below the belt.

finti
so you believe

Chibi Boy
so how did they have time to fish, when taken the cosideration there where more animlas to feed than there weer hours in a day for such a few as Noah and his lot where?
Only 2 of each animals, only a few of all the animals being carnivore.

Chibi Boy
Originally posted by ushomefree
This is a hot topic for Christians. I don't understand what all the fuss is about? It's all trivial in the scheme of things. Faith in Jesus is all that matters!

Some people view the accounts in Genesis as 6 literal days, and others, long periods of time. Knowledge of the solar system and distant galaxies, verify that our dying planet is more than 6,000 years old. If Earth were thousands of years old, and not billions... Earth would be nothing more than Hydrogen gas; completely unstable for life. Yes, God did create the heavens and the earth... but not in 144 hours. That is much too rapid.

There is nothing wrong with this debate. No hits below the belt.

Hey, if he's god, he can do anything. Pulling a planet together could have probably taken him 20 seconds, but he obviously wanted to take his time and think about it.

finti
sums up to a pretty large bunch, and it doesnt matter how few were carnivores

Chibi Boy
Not forgetting already being prepared BEFORE the flood stroke.

finti
what was prepared?

Chibi Boy
The food, the boat, the trip

Chibi Boy
And all the evil people got washed away in the seas

finti
hard to prepare for something you dont know how long its gonna last

yeah cause no on else had a boat roll eyes (sarcastic)

Chibi Boy
Noone else had a boat, exactly. Noah might not have known, but he still could have brought alot of food with him. God said it'd be a large flood and they needed a boat/ark so it must have been really long if they needed one.

finti
yeah no one else had a boat laughing out loud.............................. and this doesnt strike you as odd

debbiejo
Only 2 of each animals, only a few of all the animals being carnivore.

It also says 7 clean and 7 unclean animals....

ushomefree
Finti

The Ark was the largest boat ever produced at the time, and it's design allowed exceptional levels of buoyancy. The flood that the storm thwarted, created violent oceanic current, much like powerful storms do today for arguments sake. Pond boats would not with stand their integrity in the middle of all the chaos.

finti
yeah and this raises the big question, how long do you think it took Noah and his family to build this ark, how did they put it together and with all the animals on board being of wood and all, it actually would be a bit too heavy to float

debbiejo
yeah and this raises the big question, how long do you think it took Noah and his family to build this ark, how did they put it together and with all the animals on board being of wood and all, it actually would be a bit too heavy to float

I think somewhere it said it took 100 years......

thats a lot of work......I wonder if they got holidays off.

ushomefree
Finti

Too heavy to float? Have you ever heard of an aircraft carrier? They weigh almost 100,000 tons!

As for Noah and the Ark; I have no idea as to the time frame in which the Ark was built. It's safe to assume that it took a great lenght of time. And the Ark's capacity for animal safe keeping on board was more than adequate. All that was on board was Noah and his family, and a few hundred (not thousands) of live stock.

debbiejo

What do you do for a living?

debbiejo
debbiejo

Why do you ask???????? smile

Adam_PoE
Finti

Too heavy to float? Have you ever heard of an aircraft carrier? They weigh almost 100,000 tons!

As for Noah and the Ark; I have no idea as to the time frame in which the Ark was built. It's safe to assume that it took a great lenght of time. And the Ark's capacity for animal safe keeping on board was more than adequate. All that was on board was Noah and his family, and a few hundred (not thousands) of live stock.

debbiejo

The story of Noah and the ark is utterly ridiculous. Even if we assume that Noah was able gather two of every species of animal, including the millions of species of insects; that he was able to build a structure large enough to house two of every species of animal, especially large mammals such as elephants and giraffes; that he was able to gather enough provisions to feed two of every species of animal, particularly those with very limited diets such as pandas; and we further presume that between he and his family, he was able to dispose of the waste products of two of every species of animal everyday for forty days; it is still completely impossible for an entire species of animal to descend from a breeding population of two. Not to mention that if only Noah and his family were spared, in order to repopulate the earth, they would have had to commit incest.

ushomefree
Adam Poe

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. I too ponder your statements. My knowledge concerning the Great Flood and Noah's Ark are limited. In so, I cannot comment further. Nonetheless, I purchased a DVD about this topic from the Discovery Channel, and have yet to recieve it. I will hopefully be able to relay conclusions presented in the DVD in an organized fashion on this forum. We will see.

finti
they aint made of wood, a ship made of wood the size of the ark would require reinforcing with iron straps. Even so it would leak as hell and constent pumping would be necessary.No wodden craft/ship through history has been as big as the.

Then there is the question of gathering animals that lives in only some parts of the world, like a lot of the animals you find on the Australian continent

cking
I don't know how the ark weighed and the bible never said anything about this.

finti
it says how big it was, add the weight of the wood used in the structuere of the craft then there is all the supplies and animals to on top of it.

cking
OK, so how much do you think it weighed?

finti
too much to float

debbiejo
Scripture also says it's made of gopher wood....poor little gophers....I didn't know they were made of wood... sad

Chibi Boy
The story of Noah and the ark is utterly ridiculous. Even if we assume that Noah was able gather two of every species of animal, including the millions of species of insects; that he was able to build a structure large enough to house two of every species of animal, especially large mammals such as elephants and giraffes; that he was able to gather enough provisions to feed two of every species of animal, particularly those with very limited diets such as pandas; and we further presume that between he and his family, he was able to dispose of the waste products of two of every species of animal everyday for forty days; it is still completely impossible for an entire species of animal to descend from a breeding population of two. Not to mention that if only Noah and his family were spared, in order to repopulate the earth, they would have had to commit incest.

The problem is, everyone forgets that this was about 6000 years ago, there wasn't as many animals then because of the low amount of time to breed millions of animals. At that time there would probably have only been 10,000 animals on earth altogether which means about 5000 on the Ark, which could actually happen.
And incest would obviously had been forgiven by god for about 500 years so earth can repopulate.

cking
when Noah built an alter, God smelled it and said he would never flood the world again and he will put his rainbow to remember his promise.

lil bitchiness
We got fossils - WE WIN!!

cking
on mount Arafat they did find some parts of the ark

debbiejo
Originally posted by cking
when Noah built an alter, God smelled it and said he would never flood the world again and he will put his rainbow to remember his promise.

He smelled it???? OH...I thought you were talking about the ark...

finti
10 000 all together as in total amount???? Regardless that there was way more speicies than this total number and where does this 500 comes from
well how nice of god allowing the population to consist of retarded morons, no wonder they strayed away form god then

Chibi Boy
they aint made of wood, a ship made of wood the size of the ark would require reinforcing with iron straps. Even so it would leak as hell and constent pumping would be necessary.No wodden craft/ship through history has been as big as the.

Then there is the question of gathering animals that lives in only some parts of the world, like a lot of the animals you find on the Australian continent

The earth used to be one large super continent, even science says that, so there wouldn't have been a Australian continent, they would have lived on that one Island. Polar bears are obviously bears which ended up stranded in the north pole and had to survive in it so they adapted(By the way, adaptation and evolution are 2 different things, adaptation takes a week and the creature doesn't turn into anything else, evolution however turns the specific polar bear into a completely different creature.)

How do you think they made boats in the olden days? Using large plates of hard metal? No. They obviously had to enforce the sides of the boat to prevent leaking. As i said before, it was all planned when god told Noah, he was obviously told how to make it!

cking
when god told Noah to build a boat, it probably took more than a century to make it. yes, God told him how exactly how to make it.

debbiejo
on mount Arafat they did find some parts of the ark

It was never confirmed......In fact....the wood they found was younger then the Ark wood would of been......sorry....I watched that program too.

cking
or maybe it dissolved

Chibi Boy
10 000 all together as in total amount???? Regardless that there was way more speicies than this total number and where does this 500 comes from
well how nice of god allowing the population to consist of retarded morons, no wonder they strayed away form god then

There is way more species than this today, as I said before, breeding makes the animal kingdom grow(I didn't exactly say it like that)

No 2. I probably shouldn't bother answering this but Noah wasn't all about pride, him or his family weren't retards cos they didn't want the human race to end. You, as a normal person from todays people, would think they're retards, the same way the people who died in the floods did when they thought it weren't gonna rain, they thought that it was retarded to do that. If someone and their sister or brother gave a damn about life and not about themselves or their pride, they'd probably have kids together too for the sake of mankind.

cking
Noah was the only righteous person of his time. He must have been a brave person of his time.

Chibi Boy
Noah was the only righteous person of his time. He must have been a brave person of his time.

Exactly my point, he was a good person who didn't care about himself, he cared about the future of the world and his family.

cking
true, he also warned many people of the flood, but they didn't listen so they wish they were listening from the start anyway.

Chibi Boy
It's a link to how things are now. Try to warn others, yet people don't listen. And soon, the ones who don't listen will be in the same position as the ones in the flood.

finti
that was much longer than 6000 years ago, and you think an animal adaption to a totally new environment takes just weeks, it takes generation

of course they had to enforce the sides for it to prevent leaking, point is no wooden ship has ever been of that size and 6000 years ago THEY DID NOT POSSESS THE TECHNOLOGY TO IRON STRAP A HULL OF A BOAT. And after they required this skill the big boat leaked constantly so they had to be pumped all the time, and all the time means every minute of the day. So this little family was able to constantly pump a boat that was 50% bigger than the biggest wooden boat ever made, feed and tend all the animals in who know what number, keep the carnivores from eating the other animals and humans, have big enough space to store supplies for the flood, yet have room to host a bunch of animals.

Even if it was big ship it wouldn't be big enough to host two of each species and the supplies to feed them

humans have made animal species extinct, there were more animals before than we have today

what do you think a heavy inbreeding like that would result into, smart descendent's?

and if you wanna human develop factory for retards thats the way to go, keep it too the family.
Guess they where humming Sisters Sledge "We are family" while riding the hobby horse, yet alone the fact that this heavy inbreeding would in the end made man extinct

Chibi Boy
It's also a fact that when there was that tsunami, some christians in a town wanted to celebrate christmas in the town, but the muslims wouldn't let them, the christians didn't complain and celebrated christmas on a hill and slept there for the night, when they woke up in the morning, the town was flooded and all the Christians were safe.

cking
what about the Muslims?

Chibi Boy
and if you wanna human develop factory for retards thats the way to go, keep it too the family.
Guess they where humming Sisters Sledge "We are family" while riding the hobby horse, yet alone the fact that this heavy inbreeding would in the end made man extinct

You don't get it do you? You'd rather die in a flood than save the human race.... How evil can you get?

Chibi Boy
what about the Muslims?

The same as the fate of the ones who didn't believe... smile They could have shared the city...

cking
they never seem to have things go their way.

finti
do you think it was because they were christians or because t was a coincident

finti
Now I built a freaking boat of my own and filled it with humans, just to show I had more compasion for mankind than this god of yours...... for crying out load it is a fairy tale made for kids ..............how dumb can one get

cking
it was a coincident

debbiejo
Gee...I go away for 45 mins.......and look what happens......

cking
you missed alot

debbiejo
Looks like and we arn't even talking about Lot......

That's what I get for eating dinner.....

finti
its Mt Ararat, Arafat was the palestinian leader.............and now they dod not fond aprt of the ark there. If they had it would be upside inside downside every news coverage that exist

BackFire
The bible says a lot of things.

Adam_PoE
Here, you claim that speciation has occurred since the time of the "great flood" to account for the impossibility of every modern species of animal having been on the ark:

The problem is, everyone forgets that this was about 6000 years ago, there wasn't as many animals then because of the low amount of time to breed millions of animals. At that time there would probably have only been 10,000 animals on earth altogether which means about 5000 on the Ark, which could actually happen.
And incest would obviously had been forgiven by god for about 500 years so earth can repopulate.

Here, you claim that evolution does not occur:

The earth used to be one large super continent, even science says that, so there wouldn't have been a Australian continent, they would have lived on that one Island. Polar bears are obviously bears which ended up stranded in the north pole and had to survive in it so they adapted(By the way, adaptation and evolution are 2 different things, adaptation takes a week and the creature doesn't turn into anything else, evolution however turns the specific polar bear into a completely different creature.)

How do you think they made boats in the olden days? Using large plates of hard metal? No. They obviously had to enforce the sides of the boat to prevent leaking. As i said before, it was all planned when god told Noah, he was obviously told how to make it!

In case you have not figured it out yet, speciation is an evolutionary mechanism; if evolution does not occur, speciation does not occur.

There is way more species than this today, as I said before, breeding makes the animal kingdom grow(I didn't exactly say it like that)

No 2. I probably shouldn't bother answering this but Noah wasn't all about pride, him or his family weren't retards cos they didn't want the human race to end. You, as a normal person from todays people, would think they're retards, the same way the people who died in the floods did when they thought it weren't gonna rain, they thought that it was retarded to do that. If someone and their sister or brother gave a damn about life and not about themselves or their pride, they'd probably have kids together too for the sake of mankind.

As I stated previously, it is impossible for an entire species to descend from a breeding population of two.

finti did not state that Noah and his family were mentally retarded but rather, that any offspring resulting from incest among he and his family members would be mentally retarded.

Regarding the issue of incest:

Either incest is wrong or it is not wrong. You tell me, how righteous is a man who has sexual relations with his own daughters?

Chibi Boy
Here's the low-down, evolution is turning something into something else over about 10000 years, breeding is just creating the mix of the two species, making it look like it's a completely different creature, the people who discovered most of the creatures today probably never took into account that it could just be a mixed breed of two others, or a breed mixed breed of 2 mixed breeds, which would give it completely different abilties. This couldn't happen to a monkey to make a human, because there is no creature which could give it our sort of hairless bodies or human like thoughts, we can't be an inter-breed.

There's no half-men half-monkeys in the world so evolution can't be real.

When Noah brought his FAMILY on the Ark he also brought his daughters/sons-in-law etc so their kids were allowed to marry the other daughter/sons-in-laws kids and have sex with them, which IS allowed and doesn't mentally injure the born children.

Noah was most likely not to have had sex with his daughters, he had no reason to. But he could have with his wife.

The Ark could have actually survived, if god gives you the instructions on how to make a boat out of only wood it will work, cos obviously god knows everything so making a boat would be easy.

DirectorFitz
Here's the low-down, evolution is turning something into something else over about 10000 years, breeding is just creating the mix of the two species, making it look like it's a completely different creature, the people who discovered most of the creatures today probably never took into account that it could just be a mixed breed of two others, or a breed mixed breed of 2 mixed breeds, which would give it completely different abilties. This couldn't happen to a monkey to make a human, because there is no creature which could give it our sort of hairless bodies or human like thoughts, we can't be an inter-breed.

When Noah brought his FAMILY on the Ark he also brought his daughters/sons-in-law etc so their kids were allowed to marry the other daughter/sons-in-laws kids and have sex with them, which IS allowed and doesn't mentally injure the born children.

Noah was most likely not to have had sex with his daughters, he had no reason to. But he could have with his wife.

The Ark could have actually survived, if god gives you the instructions on how to make a boat out of only wood it will work, cos obviously god knows everything so making a boat would be easy.

Things I've been trying to say...

finti
Lions and Tigers are bout cat family yet they are different, smae with apes and humans both belong to the primate family yet different

sounds more like wishful thnking than anything else

the kids would be cousin and that is too close for comfort, and what if all the were one gender

Chibi Boy
Lions and Tigers are bout cat family yet they are different, smae with apes and humans both belong to the primate family yet different

sounds more like wishful thnking than anything else

the kids would be cousin and that is too close for comfort, and what if all the were one gender

1. Your point? How can they have evolved to be different if they lived close to each other in the wild? They're supposed to evolve to survive in the area they live in, yet they both live in the same areas and are different. They might both be cats, but that don't mean its evolution, its more likely to be adaptation to the slight differences in the areas of where they lived and probably took about 2 years, not 200,0000.

2. Ummm, he's god, if he's god he can do anything. He has even given me amazing abilities which very few posess. Just because god did it doesn't mean it isn't true, it infact makes it seem more true.

3. Were all the children boys or girls? No, because in the end they went to bed and produced more children. About 6 couples going to bed has a large chance of creating atleast one male or female, lol.

And finally, Too close for comfert? Why would that be? it was allowed by god.

Before you even ask, he gave me the ability to prove anyone wrong alot of times, maybe even until they see the truth. And many other abilities, i ain't gonna say them all.

debbiejo
And finally, Too close for comfert? Why would that be? it was allowed by god.

Ewwwwww....me and by brother...... sick

Though I've always wondered shy science hasn't tried to duplicate the Ark by using the Biblical instructions......would be a great test!

Chibi Boy
Originally posted by debbiejo
Ewwwwww....me and by brother...... sick

Though I've always wondered shy science hasn't tried to duplicate the Ark by using the Biblical instructions......would be a great test!

That actually wasn't allowed, I remember it now, and anyway they'd only go to bed with their cousins.

debbiejo
That actually wasn't allowed, I remember it now, and anyway they'd only go to bed with their cousins.

Well, what about Adam and Eves kids????? they were brother and sister?

Chibi Boy
That was a different matter, it was the beginning of time, there wasn't even deficiencies on brother-sister made kids then because God didn't make them at the time. And god didn't even make the rule for no sister-brother relationships then.

cking
true, god didn't give them the commandments and if they did something wrong, god couldn't judge them guilty because they didn't know if it was wrong or not. but they did have a conscience. they were still suffering from Adam's sin.

Adam_PoE

The phenomena you describe is speciation, not adaptation; and speciation is a mechanism of evolution.

Moreover, the only occupants of the ark were Noah, his wife, his three sons, and his three daughter-in-laws. It is impossible for the entire human race to descend from a breeding population of eight. Let us be realistic; any attempt to repopulate the world would not be limited to sexual relations between first cousins. Aunts and uncles would have to have sex with neices and nephews, brothers with sisters, and parents with children. By all means, explain to us why this incestuous arrangement is righteous. Apparently, God destroys the world by flood because its inhabitants are wicked but incest is A-Okay.

finti
do Lions and Leopards live close toghether in the wild? they are both part of the same family yet different in apperance

laughing out loud laughing ok you are totally clueless about this field

your god can allow it all that god likes, it is nature that dispose of it. To much similare genes the chance of survival is slim, and this doesnt only goes for the human race it is the same for the animals, two of each aint enough to make the speices survive

so if god can do anything why did he even bother with the flood, if god could do anything fixing this problem that allegedly led to this flood would be the least of what god could do.

seems like this ability is failing you big time then

Chibi Boy
do Lions and Leopards live close toghether in the wild? they are both part of the same family yet different in apperance

laughing out loud laughing ok you are totally clueless about this field

your god can allow it all that god likes, it is nature that dispose of it. To much similare genes the chance of survival is slim, and this doesnt only goes for the human race it is the same for the animals, two of each aint enough to make the speices survive

so if god can do anything why did he even bother with the flood, if god could do anything fixing this problem that allegedly led to this flood would be the least of what god could do.

seems like this ability is failing you big time then

1. I have might have different eyes to you, maybe even different skin colour, does that make you a completely different creature?

2. Completely clueless? The only reason i'm clueless is because i'm clueless why i should be.

3.& 4. Um, Who made nature? GOD. Who made genes? GOD. Who made LIFE? GOD, if god gave people feelings they'd choose what they do. What could he have done? What would you have done? Let the world be taken over by drug addicts and thugs? He loved us as a father and didn't want US the people of the future to live in unhappiness, so he let them drown. Maybe he could have gotten rid of them single handedly but that was obviously not his plan.

5. It still don't seem like it's failing to me. lol laughing

Chibi Boy
The phenomena you describe is speciation, not adaptation; and speciation is a mechanism of evolution.

Moreover, the only occupants of the ark were Noah, his wife, his three sons, and his three daughter-in-laws. It is impossible for the entire human race to descend from a breeding population of eight. Let us be realistic; any attempt to repopulate the world would not be limited to sexual relations between first cousins. Aunts and uncles would have to have sex with neices and nephews, brothers with sisters, and parents with children. By all means, explain to us why this incestuous arrangement is righteous. Apparently, God destroys the world by flood because its inhabitants are wicked but incest is A-Okay.

But the thing is, incest isn't A-Okay, and just the few that survived could have bred on, and on, what could stop them? Remember, even then people would have lived pretty long, as only about half of the layer above the earth had fell in the storms. Incest might be bad now, but at the beginning of time there was no reason for it to be bad atall, because then there was no mental deficiancies etc god probably prevented it.

finti
no cause we`re both humans just like , still belong to the primates an animal order that includes monkeys, apes, lemurs.
Just like a Lion`s are Felidae and animal order that includes Tiger, Jaguar and so on and so on

answers like this its more likely to be adaptation to the slight differences in the areas of where they lived and probably took about 2 years, not 200,0000. . 2 years wont make a difference, it takes generation to make them adapt and change.

well there we differ again I dont believe in any god so god made nada

you must be the only one to see it that way casue your so call ability to prove anyone wrong sure havent worked in here. Actually I find it laughable that any one can come with such a ridicoluse claim. Probably todays biggest BS thing in all the forums combined

Chibi Boy
It's still working cos i can still make sense of everything you just said, and thats my point, i can prove nearly anything you throw at me, unlike you who just moves on to a smaller detail that you find.

"well there we differ again I dont believe in any god so god made nada"
Thats just you though isn't it, you asked why he didn't just stop them without the flood but I'm telling you why, so it's my view what we're seeing from here and I just explained it to you from the most important view which is mine because you asked me etc.

And it's still clear as adaptation made Tigers and lions different because adaptation means the world wasn't made billions of years ago.

cking
finti is right, we did come from monkey, it isn't right to make fun of our relatives.

Chibi Boy
Are you being sarcastic or serious? lol
Here's something to think about Finti, What's the meaning of the universe? What's the meaning of LIFE? Why does the universe exist if there was nothing before?

Chibi Boy
And does your life matter from my position? Cos according to the non existence of God, my life is my life, thats it! I can't see life in your shoes, as far as i could be concerned you don't even exist.

cking
sarcastic of course. I watched a king of the hill episode that involved about people came from monkeys. very funny episode.

Chibi Boy
No god=No soul=No feelings=No meaning/I am the only one who matters

cking
so you think your God? then tell me how old I am?

Chibi Boy
and you know what that creates? rascism, sexism, ignorance, and even the thought of only one person mattering or no meaning makes you have no feelings for others

cking
wrong and you still didn't answer my question.

Chibi Boy
I don't think i am god, i am saying that according to the rules of there being no god, I see the world from my eyes and I'm the only one that can see atall. Do you get it? people used to think Black people had no feelings, we don't think like that anymore. We know they do.

Chibi Boy
I am saying that no god means selfishness and self pride, I am saying that only i can see life from my eyes and only you can see life from yours so we don't know if we both have feelings or not. From your position, i might not exist.

cking
we Christians look beyond the world and see and know things that has happened and will happen. we see things from a different perspective than unchristian.

Chibi Boy
Exactly my point. Finti doesn't beleive in no god, so according to him it's ok to steal, fight, kill and all the evil things in the world.

Chibi Boy
No God=No soul(from their view, except the person thinking it)=No feelings=No point to life

But we Christians know there is one.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>