The Highlander thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alphamale
Man, I love that movie! Too bad all the sequels sucked! Clancy Brown-- one of the best bad guys of all time!...Hello pretty!!

finti
policeman -"you talk funny are you a faggott or something"
McCloud -" why are you cruising for a piece of ass"

Darth Vicious
Yup, im a big Highlander fan, mostly Highlander 1 and Endgame and the tv series not that piece of junk The Raven, happy to know the tv series is coming out to dvd!

Ushgarak
Endgame??? How can you like Endgame? A travesty to both film AND series!

finti
the first Highlander movie was cool, the rest well I only would be cencored if I said what I really felt for it

Darth Vicious
well i cant say that i loved EndGame but it was nice to see the 2 McClouds fight, hopefully Adrian Paul can start in more Highlander movies and also answered my question about who was the best McCloud!

TK421
OHH!
I Love the first one (it sountrack was made by Queen, my favourite band)
it's exellent, and it have a great Idea behind, but it a "only one movie"
making sequels is absurd

Dexx
yeah, i like the whole pack.
The late series mostly. They have a tad of humour...but the older ones had it too much

Ushgarak
Connor is the best one, obviously.

Thomas H
Highlander is CRAP!!!

Alphamale
Looks like alot of others dont agree Thomas!!

But hey at least you got "Chicago" you can watch!

Thomas H
well I aint going to see chicago..and surley never highlander another time!!

Alphamale
Well you will just miss out then!

"There can be only one!"

Darth Vicious
yup and thanks god it was Duncan McCloud!!

Corran
The Movie was cool, that's it really, oh except that Endgame really was awful.

Alphamale
Connor McCloud, from the clan McCloud, I was born....

Thomas H
still highlander is crap!!big grin

Alphamale
If that makes you feel better Thomas, go ahead!

But guess what.........................YOURE WRONG!!

Highlander rocked!! It Ruled! And since it spawned a international hit TV show, I'd say alot of people disagree with you! But hey maybe you can start the "I hate highlander" club, but being as you'd be the only member, you might get lonely! HA HA

Corran
AM, Thomas is merely voicing his opinion, of which we all have different ones depending on likes and dislikes. How boring world would be if we all liked the same as everyone else.

If he was to stay quiet and not say what he thinks of it then the rest of us would think that everyone likes it, when it clearly not the case. He is, in his own mind, right.

Alphamale
Hey no probelm here! Never said different. Just stated things how I wanted to , which is my RIGHT too!

Corran
Yep, you are right too.

GordonSkywalker
I enjoyed watching the "Higlander" series in syndication here a few years back,as my sister got me into the show because she was a big Queen fan. I really got into music after she moved out and Qeen was one of the bands I played. I watched Endgame with my father and it was pretty cool having Connor and Duncan together-even if it did contradict the earlier movies. And I never really got into The Raven, but I was a huge fan of Amanda,however!

Connor McLeod
Well Im sorry but Endgame was cool, and as a descendant of the real Highlanders I must say Endgame was awesome, just seeing the part in Ireland where Connor and Duncan fought the Highway robbers http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/thumbup.gif The first one will always be the best, the second and third were too damn confusing and the series was awesome but The Raven sucked ass. Thank you and good night this has been a run on sentence, Im here every friday, try the veal! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clapping.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clapping.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clapping.gif

Lt.Columbo
I've only seen Highlander:Endgame. And I only wached that because the Wrestler "Edge", had a small part in it.

SlayerChick1188
The first movie was great, i enjoyed the series too...

But i cant watch Clancy Brown anymore without doing a Mr. Crabbs impression (ar,ar,ar,ar!)

In case no one knows, Clancy does the crab's voice on Spongebob Squarepants! big grin

Phoenix
I prefer the tv series to the films

Angel Heart 75
Hello i would like to talk about one of my fave movies of all time, a tale about love, vengeance, immortality and spirituality : Highlander

We have here a beautiful and fascinating story about immortals fighting each other anywhere at anytime for knowing who will be the best cause as u know "there's can be only one" .

There s beautiful backgrounds, a terrific cast with one of the best bad guys ever seen on movies , The Kurgan (played by Clancy Brown) and an unforgettable Soundtrack by Queen

Any other fans of the First and Only Highlander here big grin

Cinemaddiction
Yep..

Angel Heart 75
roll eyes (sarcastic)

vvvrulz
The original was good, and so was endgame. Wasn't too impressed with the others.

Napalm
Has anybody besides me seen this movie? It has to be one of the greatest movies of all time.

Cinemaddiction
Yep, it's a personal favorite. Christopher Lambert really did have a great run of movies, including "Fortress" around the same time. I've wanted to see "Highlander 2" but was told not to. Curiosity will eventually get the best of me.

baracustastic
Cool folm althoguh you've got to love the absurdity of Sean Connery playing an Egyptian working for the Spanish King, with a Scottish accent.

Or Lambert (despite the Scottish name), the American raised in Switzerland and France playing a highlander with the crappest Scottish accent ever. Although it worked quite well as a "nowhere" accent that you would reckon a well travelled immortal would end up with.

Cracking soundtrack too. In the right mood, "who wants to live forever" still gets me.

All things Highlander since are awful and should never, ever have happened.

The castle used early in the film, with the bridge, (Eilean Donnan Castle) has a weird story behind it too. It was ruined after Bonnie Prince Charlie's revolt in 1745 and rebuilt in the 19th century. The plans to the castle were lost and feared destroyed. However, the stonemason in charge of the rebuild was the 7th son of a 7th son, and as such had special psychic powers, according to Gaelic tradition. One night he had a vision of the castle in a dream, so vivid was the vision that he drew new plans based on it and built the castle to mimic the dream. Decades later the original plans were discovered and amazingly they matched the rebuild EXACTLY! Spooky, huh.

I reckon it's the 3rd best castle in the world.

Lord_Andres
heh, I love the first highlander movie, thu the 3th is not all bad, intresting about that castle, i must say, best castle I dont about that, best castle has the best defence and such, I didint even see a trebuche on that highlander castle, nor where there many archer towers

Ushgarak
CA- you have been wisely advised.

Though frankly, Endgame was worse.

Whenever I watch Highlander again, I ama amazed at how B-movie it looks- a reminder of humble origins, and what would have been an average film sent sky rocketing in quality by Sean Connery's presence- he set the whole film on fire the moment he turned up.

The other films, looked better, all WAY worse.

BENITO
3rd one who can forget edges cameo He stole me moneys

ash007
yeah man Highlander was great. I did enjoy the series. i just wished they could have made the bad guy in Endgame better i mean Jacob Kell looks like a pussy.

RZA
Originally posted by Phoenix
I prefer the tv series to the films

Ditto thumb up same here. Adrian Paul was the best Highlander IMO and that song by Queen 'Princes of the Universe' rocked all kinds of ass. rock

'I am immortal, I have inside me blood of kings - yeah
I have no rival, no man can be my equal
Take me to the future of you all'

b-dan
hell ya the only highlander movie that sucked was the 2 one the first is the best but why didi they have to kill sean conory

King Burger
Excellent film, with a very unique plot.

Though Roxanne hart (the woman lieutenant ?), was
annoying at times, Beatie Edney was excellent and
beautiful.

Clancy Brown is superb however. I was shocked to
learn he was Mr.Krabbs! He was also the only thing
good in "Pet Sematary II".

And yes, "Highlander II" was nightmarishly horrible.

Oh, and I think Duncan is the better swordsman.

Remember: "It's better to burn out, than to fade awaaayy...".

kmcdude
Discuss the highlander movies here

Cinemaddiction
No. Here. Highlander Thread

b-dan
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
No. Here. Highlander Thread lol

ragesRemorse
the highlander following is one thing i cant understand. Maybe everyone watched different movies than i, but the first highlander was the only good one. The rest need to be total recalled out of my memory.

gentmax
Interesting thing about the Highlander movies. The second one was a true, although crappy, sequel. (Aliens, I mean, Come On!) The third one acted like the second one never happened. And the last one acted as if none of them happened.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by gentmax
Interesting thing about the Highlander movies. The second one was a true, although crappy, sequel. (Aliens, I mean, Come On!) The third one acted like the second one never happened. And the last one acted as if none of them happened.

As shitty as alien 3 and 4 were. I am inclined to defend the movies. Alien 3 did tie together quite well without being redundant. Ressurection actually had nothing to do with the other movies aside from ripley, that is why it seemed as though it had nothing to do with previous installments. I am all for sequals that disregaurd or follow their own paths. I think the highlander and alien 3 and 4 sequals would have been alot better if they focused on a totally different story.

gentmax
When I refered to Aliens, I didn't mean the movies, I meant that in Highlander 2, they made the Immortals into Aliens, which went totally against Ramirez's answer to Conner's question "why?"

Bicnarok
Highlander 1 was brilliant, the others total and utter tosh.

The series was Ok, no worth turning football (soccer) over for though.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by gentmax
When I refered to Aliens, I didn't mean the movies, I meant that in Highlander 2, they made the Immortals into Aliens, which went totally against Ramirez's answer to Conner's question "why?"

Wow! not sure how i got that.

vvvrulz
I didn't think Endgame was all that bad, though it did like you say have no regard to the first three. It was more like a spin-off than anything, a decent one at that.

gentmax
True, I liked Endgame.

Lord Shadow Z
Never seen Endgame and don't think I want to either. Duncan winning over Connor- pah!

The first is the only one that needs to be remembered, 2+3 are muddled films that are scarily still okay to watch when you need to fill the time.

Mandorallen
I think I would just show my son the first Highlander, and none others, ZERO.

I love Highlander, PRINCES OF THE UNIVERS!!!!

Bicnarok
The first movie was brilliant, the atmosphere and surroundings, the actors, the originality of the story made the film. The sequals were utter crap. Even the Series was better.

And endgame, Ive never know any movie story to be messed up as much as this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.